Author Topic: new balance enters skate shoe arena  (Read 136490 times)

Will Easley

Re: new balance enters skate shoe arena
« Reply #540 on: January 04, 2013, 09:43:22 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
how easily some of you are accepting this is really bumming me out.
[close]

why? we (skaters) basically gave them a free pass considering how much we all circle-jerk nike. at least NB has some sort of credibility in the scheme of things (correct me if i'm wrong but they basically only make core running/ hiking / retirement village shoes right?), nike will rape and pillage ANYTHING with a pulse, they have a "yoga" line ffs? ohm NIKE!
[close]

Yeah man, what's the deal with all these big shoe companies trying break into as many markets as possible? It's like they're trying to make money or something! I don't care if they make quality products, they should stick to doing ONLY what they started off with if they wanna stay legit. Growth & expansion is definitely a step in the wrong direction when it comes to business.
[close]

that's the thing though, even you nike-head salad tossers are saying their quality sux these days so you have little/ no arguments left.
what i am saying about NB is that they have to stuck to what they are good at for a long time (making running shoes) instead of trying to milk profits out of anything that moves which at least gives them a little more integrity/ credibility in the scheme of things (my original point  ::) ).
make me a vegan model made in the USA NB and you can have my $$$.

Fuck outta here old ass nigga. I don't really have no salad tossing associates so I dunno what the hell you been talkin to but I'm wearing dunks as we speak, & every pair I've had have been great. How you in yo mid-thirties STILL weak as fuck with yo message board wordplay? Chill yo lame ass out tryna hurl insults cuz you feel like you gotta ride EXTRA hard "for the good of the skate industry" just because your best years are behind you. The way you word your smiley-face heavy anti-nike crusade is pure faggotry. It's 2013 nigga get real.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2013, 09:46:02 PM by Will Easley »

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 121
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #541 on: January 04, 2013, 09:58:40 PM »

Fuck outta here old ass nigga. I don't really have no salad tossing associates so I dunno what the hell you been talkin to but I'm wearing dunks as we speak, & every pair I've had have been great. How you in yo mid-thirties STILL weak as fuck with yo message board wordplay? Chill yo lame ass out tryna hurl insults cuz you feel like you gotta ride EXTRA hard "for the good of the skate industry" just because your best years are behind you. The way you word your smiley-face heavy anti-nike crusade is pure faggotry. It's 2013 nigga get real.

the only salad tossing i was talking about was the kind that nike-heads do to their beloved corporation. plenty of people have said the quality is shit these days. i'm not trying to insult/ start a war with you mate so you can "chill yo lame ass out" too k? i'm old? LOL yeah you got me, my parents had sex before yours did :-*
« Last Edit: January 04, 2013, 10:00:25 PM by Gay Imp Sausage Metal »

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

DBrown901

« Reply #542 on: January 04, 2013, 10:09:03 PM »
Definitely never buying a pair. I will stick with buying Emerica.

Will Easley

« Reply #543 on: January 04, 2013, 10:19:44 PM »
Ayo let me elaborate on that old shit. See in life, people & general social standards are more or less defined by your age group. Now I'm 19 years old, so when I wild out & act ratchet on the least serious message board ever, niggas just be like "yeah whatever he childish". Now when YOU struggle to make yourself seem even somewhat intelligent in comparison to said teenager, adults is just clownin you subconsciously. You're mentally weak. You lack wit & can't exploit my flawed impulsive responses the way any intelligent alpha male would. Basically, I don't really give a fuck bout yo personal morals n whatever, but expect a nigga liek me to say somethin when you try to throw yo lil passive-aggressive shade.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 121
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #544 on: January 04, 2013, 10:34:29 PM »
Ayo let me elaborate on that old shit. See in life, people & general social standards are more or less defined by your age group. Now I'm 19 years old, so when I wild out & act ratchet on the least serious message board ever, niggas just be like "yeah whatever he childish". Now when YOU struggle to make yourself seem even somewhat intelligent in comparison to said teenager, adults is just clownin you subconsciously. You're mentally weak. You lack wit & can't exploit my flawed impulsive responses the way any intelligent alpha male would. Basically, I don't really give a fuck bout yo personal morals n whatever, but expect a nigga liek me to say somethin when you try to throw yo lil passive-aggressive shade.

^^^
the fucks i give, can you see them? nah me neither.
i know you absolutely crave the attention but as i said i have no interest arguing with you, that is all  :-*
« Last Edit: January 04, 2013, 10:41:43 PM by Gay Imp Sausage Metal »

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

StFlour

« Reply #545 on: January 04, 2013, 10:42:43 PM »
Ha, you think your the shit.

Will Easley

« Reply #546 on: January 04, 2013, 10:45:17 PM »
Lol you didn't care so much that you tried to be humorous with your weak response that shouldn't have even happened if you were actually mature, emotionally secure alpha male. Takin up hella wasted page space making you NOTICABLY irritated. Come on son, if I had tried to come someone like HATE or even a nigga like fendazill or some shit they woulda either son'd me by now or just ignored the initial remark in the first place. Lol stop playing yourself I feel like im dealing with a 9th grader or something. Just don't even respond and you MIGHT be able to save face a lil bit. Then again you'd be kinda whack if you did that too cuz now you fallin for the mindgames being played thru an iPhone. I'm such a hipster.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2013, 10:47:15 PM by Will Easley »

Big Skatefase

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 561
« Reply #547 on: January 04, 2013, 10:51:37 PM »
lol @ dudes trying to justify NB#

"at least it aint nike"

naw they corporate just like the rest. new balance has no credibility.

they saw nike and adidas eatin off skateboarding and they wanted a chair at the table to eat too.

and why do people think the NB SKATE shoes will be made in the US?

i guarantee if they get big enough they will be made overseas just like all the rest.

« Last Edit: January 04, 2013, 10:55:25 PM by Big Skatefase »

StFlour

« Reply #548 on: January 04, 2013, 11:13:18 PM »
Lol you didn't care so much that you tried to be humorous with your weak response that shouldn't have even happened if you were actually mature, emotionally secure alpha male. Takin up hella wasted page space making you NOTICABLY irritated. Come on son, if I had tried to come someone like HATE or even a nigga like fendazill or some shit they woulda either son'd me by now or just ignored the initial remark in the first place. Lol stop playing yourself I feel like im dealing with a 9th grader or something. Just don't even respond and you MIGHT be able to save face a lil bit. Then again you'd be kinda whack if you did that too cuz now you fallin for the mindgames being played thru an iPhone. I'm such a hipster.
I pity you.

MFLUDER

« Reply #549 on: January 04, 2013, 11:17:59 PM »
Everyone should just skate in consolidated stickers wrapped around their feet.

asakusa75

« Reply #550 on: January 04, 2013, 11:30:24 PM »
Everyone should just skate in consolidated stickers wrapped around their feet.

I hope this is the end of this thread.

StFlour

« Reply #551 on: January 04, 2013, 11:36:40 PM »
People should skate SoleTech (mainly Emerica's) because then SoleTech could make enough money to bring eS back. Or just make even better shoes.

SheepShagger

« Reply #552 on: January 05, 2013, 01:31:47 AM »
People should skate SoleTech (mainly Emerica's) because then SoleTech could make enough money to bring eS back. Or just make even better shoes.

No one wants es to come back.  You can't look cool wearing Emericas at Tompkins.

ZEBRA

« Reply #553 on: January 05, 2013, 02:18:48 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

No one wants es to come back.  You can't look cool wearing Emericas at Tompkins.

Said no one.

KP

• Rep: 16
« Reply #554 on: January 05, 2013, 05:11:43 AM »
i would send in hell nike, adidas, cons, nb and all of that stuff right now if that could bring Es back.

btw, if it can bring duffs where it was when it dropped the KC kicks, it would be even better.

CreepySweaty

• Rep: 60
  • i am mitchie brusco i have done the 1080
« Reply #555 on: January 05, 2013, 07:38:58 AM »
Does anyone remember the Huf x New Balance?

Wh0l3

« Reply #556 on: January 05, 2013, 08:39:14 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Said no one.

But very few tried to keep them afloat with purchases, either.

poor alice

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -133
  • ♦️♣️♥️♠️
« Reply #557 on: January 05, 2013, 10:10:48 AM »
I really hope this New Balance balls doesn't take off as much as it appears to being recieved so well in here.
This is ridiculous. I have a second han pair of Nike E-cue's I skate and I like, but be fucked before I buy a pair of Nike SB's. (NB, the only Nike's Ive bought to skate in have been the old ass E-cue's and the red FC's (which I loooooved), both were circa 2003?
Yes we all know nike make good shoes and have been EXTREMELY clever in their entrance and stay in the skate world ( I mean, just look at who they put on their team, well calculated). But Im not supporting something I morally disagree with.
Im not an old skater, nor am I some sort of close minded anarchist. I just think that all this corporate involvement in skateboarding has gone too far.
We do have ourselves to blame for basically letting these people into our "world", but at the same time, I think a larger amount of blame should be put on the likes of PJ Ladd and P-Rod for actually accepting these companies and providing their endorsements. If the pros had said no in the early days, it would'nt have been so fucking easy for Nike etc to make their way into skating.  Kids now seeing PJ LADD or whoever else's pocekts they are linning sporting NB shoes are not going to question if this is a skate shoe company, if its a product worth buying or where it comes from etc.
The power of endorsements is what runs our entire fucking industry, and all these corporate loving skaters are sell outs. It may benifit them taking that nike chequem but its Fucked skateboarding as a whole and in the long run
I'm going to argue that Placebo owes their entire career to a Canadian dude's skate video part. Appleyard should be getting royalties for this shit.

Steyv Seynystyr hyhy

• Rep: -3
« Reply #558 on: January 05, 2013, 10:48:13 AM »
If NB# spend their money right they will be accepted in like 2 years. Just like adidas, nike and "cons".

I will keep buying vans.

poor alice

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -133
  • ♦️♣️♥️♠️
« Reply #559 on: January 05, 2013, 10:54:29 AM »
Ill keep buying Supras, Emerica's and the occasional Fallen.
Fuck the latest overpriced corporate niche marketing opportunity identification of skateboarding
I'm going to argue that Placebo owes their entire career to a Canadian dude's skate video part. Appleyard should be getting royalties for this shit.

Dwyck

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 150
  • Harley-Davidson Ironwing
« Reply #560 on: January 05, 2013, 11:26:30 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

your posts are like the QS blog
but fucking stupid and mixed with harry crews
Regular stance is a mental disorder defined by the DSM-5

EmilioBestevez

• Rep: 71
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #561 on: January 05, 2013, 11:57:20 AM »
I really hope this New Balance balls doesn't take off as much as it appears to being recieved so well in here.
This is ridiculous. I have a second han pair of Nike E-cue's I skate and I like, but be fucked before I buy a pair of Nike SB's. (NB, the only Nike's Ive bought to skate in have been the old ass E-cue's and the red FC's (which I loooooved), both were circa 2003?
Yes we all know nike make good shoes and have been EXTREMELY clever in their entrance and stay in the skate world ( I mean, just look at who they put on their team, well calculated). But Im not supporting something I morally disagree with.
Im not an old skater, nor am I some sort of close minded anarchist. I just think that all this corporate involvement in skateboarding has gone too far.
We do have ourselves to blame for basically letting these people into our "world", but at the same time, I think a larger amount of blame should be put on the likes of PJ Ladd and P-Rod for actually accepting these companies and providing their endorsements. If the pros had said no in the early days, it would'nt have been so fucking easy for Nike etc to make their way into skating.  Kids now seeing PJ LADD or whoever else's pocekts they are linning sporting NB shoes are not going to question if this is a skate shoe company, if its a product worth buying or where it comes from etc.
The power of endorsements is what runs our entire fucking industry, and all these corporate loving skaters are sell outs. It may benifit them taking that nike chequem but its Fucked skateboarding as a whole and in the long run
With respect to morality, I think that's one thing that New Balance has going for them.  Having shoes made in the U.S. instead of China may appeal to different a set of morals.  This and the fact that they decided to team up with a skater owned distributor shows they may have more integrity than the other corporations that have broken into the skate industry.  I get where you are coming from but the shoe debate of corporate-vs-skater-owned is a tough one considering very few companies are skater-owned anymore.

StFlour

« Reply #562 on: January 05, 2013, 12:28:47 PM »
Ill keep buying Supras, Emerica's and the occasional Fallen.
Fuck the latest overpriced corporate niche marketing opportunity identification of skateboarding

Supra's can be more expensive than Nike and Adidas. But yeah just get SoleTech, Lakai, Dekline, etc.

Strike A Pose

• Rep: -613
  • Get slapped!
« Reply #563 on: January 05, 2013, 01:23:31 PM »

I like these.

The material on this colorway seems like some type of hyperfuse shit. I'm interested in finding out what it really is and if it is durable at all.

KoRnholio8

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1488
  • SkateMagArchive
    • SkateMagArchive avatar image
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #564 on: January 05, 2013, 02:56:57 PM »
Does anyone remember the Huf x New Balance?

this should not go unnoticed in this thread. pretty ironic, considering the previous replys

Spike Hawke

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 30
« Reply #565 on: January 05, 2013, 03:52:47 PM »
Hopefully this goes down the same direction as th K-Swiis attempt at skate shoes.

TomTom

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 71
« Reply #566 on: January 05, 2013, 04:13:19 PM »

Stopped reading after "ayo"
You suck, stop posting

nutsack nipples

• Rep: 8
« Reply #567 on: January 05, 2013, 04:38:03 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Stopped reading after "ayo"
You suck, stop posting

fa real...this dude will whatevers posts read like a big wet fart in my head...the fuck outta here with your trying to think ass and go make me a club sandwich
« Last Edit: January 05, 2013, 04:47:07 PM by nutsack nipples »

TheHoard

« Reply #568 on: January 05, 2013, 06:13:23 PM »
If they have a good skate feel to them, I'd fuck with them. Don't think I'd actually come out of pocket, and pay full retail for them though.

Will Easley

« Reply #569 on: January 05, 2013, 06:18:34 PM »
So my posting is supposedly bad yet people continue to respond? Lemme give yall a lil tip, its wise to ignore the things you dont like. Talking about them or doing anything else only strengthens their presence.The average person would know these things but this is SLAP so i know some of yall struggle with the concept of "common sense".

This nigga nutsack nipples (pause) asking me to make a sandwich tho? fucking weak. Really? That was your witty comeback? How did you expect me to feel after that? Did you think somebody else was gonna be like "haha HOLY SHIT dude just told him to make a sandwich! Hilarious!". Look man, lemme make this shit clear for everybody. if you gon come at em AT LEAST think of some semi-clever shit beforehand. I purposely leave flaws within my posts just to see if someone catches it and you STILL can't come up with something decent. Thats how i KNOW you niggas stupid.