Author Topic: new balance enters skate shoe arena  (Read 136558 times)

Frassty

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -2
Re: new balance enters skate shoe arena
« Reply #570 on: January 05, 2013, 06:26:31 PM »

Just Felt The Need to Post That^

nutsack nipples

• Rep: 8
« Reply #571 on: January 05, 2013, 07:07:51 PM »
You still here son?

Nick..

• Rep: 10
« Reply #572 on: January 05, 2013, 07:47:21 PM »
Most skaters are eventually going to accept them anyways when they release nicer looking models and when they don't seem as "new" to the industry as they do now.

micky682

« Reply #573 on: January 05, 2013, 07:56:38 PM »
So my posting is supposedly bad yet people continue to respond? Lemme give yall a lil tip, its wise to ignore the things you dont like. Talking about them or doing anything else only strengthens their presence.The average person would know these things but this is SLAP so i know some of yall struggle with the concept of "common sense".

This nigga nutsack nipples (pause) asking me to make a sandwich tho? fucking weak. Really? That was your witty comeback? How did you expect me to feel after that? Did you think somebody else was gonna be like "haha HOLY SHIT dude just told him to make a sandwich! Hilarious!". Look man, lemme make this shit clear for everybody. if you gon come at em AT LEAST think of some semi-clever shit beforehand. I purposely leave flaws within my posts just to see if someone catches it and you STILL can't come up with something decent. Thats how i KNOW you niggas stupid.
Isn't it hard to write ghetto? Or is there a version of google translate that takes the "t" in them and adds "nigga" after every statement?

ZEBRA

« Reply #574 on: January 05, 2013, 08:09:38 PM »
Expand Quote
I really hope this New Balance balls doesn't take off as much as it appears to being recieved so well in here.
This is ridiculous. I have a second han pair of Nike E-cue's I skate and I like, but be fucked before I buy a pair of Nike SB's. (NB, the only Nike's Ive bought to skate in have been the old ass E-cue's and the red FC's (which I loooooved), both were circa 2003?
Yes we all know nike make good shoes and have been EXTREMELY clever in their entrance and stay in the skate world ( I mean, just look at who they put on their team, well calculated). But Im not supporting something I morally disagree with.
Im not an old skater, nor am I some sort of close minded anarchist. I just think that all this corporate involvement in skateboarding has gone too far.
We do have ourselves to blame for basically letting these people into our "world", but at the same time, I think a larger amount of blame should be put on the likes of PJ Ladd and P-Rod for actually accepting these companies and providing their endorsements. If the pros had said no in the early days, it would'nt have been so fucking easy for Nike etc to make their way into skating.  Kids now seeing PJ LADD or whoever else's pocekts they are linning sporting NB shoes are not going to question if this is a skate shoe company, if its a product worth buying or where it comes from etc.
The power of endorsements is what runs our entire fucking industry, and all these corporate loving skaters are sell outs. It may benifit them taking that nike chequem but its Fucked skateboarding as a whole and in the long run
[close]
With respect to morality, I think that's one thing that New Balance has going for them.  Having shoes made in the U.S. instead of China may appeal to different a set of morals.  This and the fact that they decided to team up with a skater owned distributor shows they may have more integrity than the other corporations that have broken into the skate industry.  I get where you are coming from but the shoe debate of corporate-vs-skater-owned is a tough one considering very few companies are skater-owned anymore.

New Balance has shoes made in the US, but are the most expensive shoes they make at over $100 a pair, from what I can understand.

I can almost guarantee that their shoes won't be made in the US.

swagdragon123

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -105
  • I take my internet usernames xtremly serious
    • HOBOHOGAN avatar image
« Reply #575 on: January 05, 2013, 08:20:08 PM »
New Balance-

- a little late to the party

StFlour

« Reply #576 on: January 05, 2013, 08:57:53 PM »
So my posting is supposedly bad yet people continue to respond? Lemme give yall a lil tip, its wise to ignore the things you dont like. Talking about them or doing anything else only strengthens their presence.The average person would know these things but this is SLAP so i know some of yall struggle with the concept of "common sense".

This nigga nutsack nipples (pause) asking me to make a sandwich tho? fucking weak. Really? That was your witty comeback? How did you expect me to feel after that? Did you think somebody else was gonna be like "haha HOLY SHIT dude just told him to make a sandwich! Hilarious!". Look man, lemme make this shit clear for everybody. if you gon come at em AT LEAST think of some semi-clever shit beforehand. I purposely leave flaws within my posts just to see if someone catches it and you STILL can't come up with something decent. Thats how i KNOW you niggas stupid.

Attention whore.

jimi420

« Reply #577 on: January 05, 2013, 09:36:10 PM »
If they come correct with the ads and put out clips with decent editing Slap will start to eat it up. Skateboarding isn't some holy virgin, and if it was it's already been raped and beaten. If you don't like it don't buy it, I bet most people will be turned off by reppin the same shoes their 95 year old grandpa is rockin. Maybe this will get PJ out there more to release more footage.

Nick..

• Rep: 10
« Reply #578 on: January 05, 2013, 10:09:46 PM »
People should skate SoleTech (mainly Emerica's) because then SoleTech could make enough money to bring eS back. Or just make even better shoes.
I'LL CHOOSE WHAT I WANT TO SKATE THANK YOU, and frankly, Adidas, Nike and Cons have been some of the best shoes that I've ever skated.

StFlour

« Reply #579 on: January 05, 2013, 11:03:27 PM »
Expand Quote
People should skate SoleTech (mainly Emerica's) because then SoleTech could make enough money to bring eS back. Or just make even better shoes.
[close]
I'LL CHOOSE WHAT I WANT TO SKATE THANK YOU, and frankly, Adidas, Nike and Cons have been some of the best shoes that I've ever skated.

Ive only had Adidas out of the 3 and they were very good. I wouldnt feel right if i got Nike SB's and Converse is the same, and its owned by Nike to. I just think that if we didnt give half the market to the top 3 that the other companies would make shoes equal to or even better than these 3 companies.

SheepShagger

« Reply #580 on: January 06, 2013, 12:30:50 AM »

I like these.

The material on this colorway seems like some type of hyperfuse shit. I'm interested in finding out what it really is and if it is durable at all.

PJ Ladd is the new Pat Channita.  Both do their tricks perfectly, both rode/ride for a fake Plan B, and these shoes are the new Genetics.   These shoes scream Genetic.

Cosme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 507
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #581 on: January 06, 2013, 01:01:27 AM »

mds

• Rep: 3
« Reply #582 on: January 06, 2013, 04:27:20 AM »
I just bought some 574 on ebay, so comfy,
this thread made me do it, I m so weak

Pearl

« Reply #583 on: January 06, 2013, 05:10:02 AM »
Fabo levels so high right now

Dummbert

• Rep: 6
« Reply #584 on: January 06, 2013, 05:50:32 AM »
At least New Yorkers have a new Shoe Company besides Nike, Vans and Eli ans Zered rolling around in Cons

cheesychip

• Rep: -3
« Reply #585 on: January 06, 2013, 05:51:43 AM »
I think they look terrible!
''Your talk,'' I said, "is surely the handiwork of wisdom because not one word of it do I understand.''
― Flann O'Brien,

Thelonious P

• Rep: -12
  • BracknellMassif
« Reply #586 on: January 06, 2013, 10:18:43 AM »
Those ones posted on the top of this page look a bit like the Zoom FPs

I Can't Think

• Rep: 31
« Reply #587 on: January 06, 2013, 11:56:20 AM »
Honestly every shoe looks like it was pulled out of the nike SB line, the only ones I like are the koston rip offs, we'll see how well reviewed they are though.

The one-piece-toe, vulc looks like the janownski

The tech as fuck shoe reminds me of the zoom fp, but with more stitching details

Koston rip, as previously mentioned, it even has that little accent on the sole.

and that other one looks like on of prod shoes, I think it was the vulc-rod or something.

hekkahyphy

« Reply #588 on: January 06, 2013, 02:18:26 PM »

Just Felt The Need to Post That^

bonkers

StFlour

« Reply #589 on: January 06, 2013, 06:41:46 PM »
I hope Chaz Ortiz dosen't get on the team.

Bertie

• Rep: 65
« Reply #590 on: January 06, 2013, 06:54:55 PM »
They all look like budget Nike 6.0's.
Do New Balance even do promotional video work? I have no idea what their videos or skate ads could look like.
If it was a brand new skate shoe company with some kind of aesthetic, i'd be intrigued and kind of psyched for it - but this is just going to be another personality-free corp having a stab at skateboarding. Boring boring boring.

Oprah Winfrey

« Reply #591 on: January 07, 2013, 09:20:09 AM »
I hope PJ is asking for a $1,000,000 up front..

We gotta teach these fucks you gotta pay if you wanna play.. Just bleed em dry

SUCKS

« Reply #592 on: January 07, 2013, 02:13:30 PM »
Honestly every shoe looks like it was pulled out of the nike SB line, the only ones I like are the koston rip offs, we'll see how well reviewed they are though.

The one-piece-toe, vulc looks like the janownski

The tech as fuck shoe reminds me of the zoom fp, but with more stitching details

Koston rip, as previously mentioned, it even has that little accent on the sole.

and that other one looks like on of prod shoes, I think it was the vulc-rod or something.

this.

tortfeasor

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 341
« Reply #593 on: January 07, 2013, 02:38:56 PM »
... these shoes are the new Genetics budget nike's.   These shoes scream Genetic softly whisper generic.

if they were so eager to lift off existing designs they would have been better off just resurrecting DVS
more heaven-cruise than hell-ride.

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1042
  • Slap's Resident Sneakerhead
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #594 on: January 07, 2013, 07:07:45 PM »

Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.
Tate is one of the best posters that's not me

StabMasterArson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 774
« Reply #595 on: January 07, 2013, 08:26:06 PM »
woah, a skate shoe that looks like another skate shoe. ground breaking.

b.v.

« Reply #596 on: January 07, 2013, 08:30:37 PM »
Was amusing to see Birdo and consolidated affiliates vibing the shit out of their booth and all who ventured inside at agenda.

toque

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 122
    • Portmanteau avatar image
« Reply #597 on: January 07, 2013, 09:23:01 PM »
I like those "logan" shoes.  The colorways in the background are the classic old-guy new balance colors.  Probably won't buy them.

wheee!

swagdragon123

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -105
  • I take my internet usernames xtremly serious
    • HOBOHOGAN avatar image
« Reply #598 on: January 08, 2013, 09:18:05 AM »

Alan

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2547
« Reply #599 on: January 08, 2013, 09:40:46 AM »
Skate background and expertise = "I played the shit out of THPS back in middle school"
Hosin' out the cab of his pickup truck
He's got his 8-track playin' really fuckin' loud