Author Topic: new balance enters skate shoe arena  (Read 136484 times)

ROCKxADIO420

Re: new balance enters skate shoe arena
« Reply #600 on: January 08, 2013, 01:55:05 PM »
sk8 bkgrnd!

Will Easley

« Reply #601 on: January 08, 2013, 03:28:10 PM »

Black Box's first "marketing scheme" is to get those goddamn N's off the side of the shoe. Real talk until they get rid of that shit 90% of skaters not named Ned, Norman, or Neil arent gonna give them a chance. Aesthetically, it's whack as fuck. Maybe in the running game its not so bad because its an iconic brand, but if you're gonna break into this market you gotta realize skateboarders aren't really gonna fuck with something like that. ESPECIALLY since a good portion of the market is against big corporate brands anyway. Maybe put it on the tongue, or a small logo on the back end of the sole instead, but not on the side panel. Lakai, Nike, & Adidas can do it just because their logos actually look stylish, but a regular ass N or the NB logo is just an eyesore on some otherwise decent (no more, no less) shoe designs.

« Last Edit: January 08, 2013, 03:32:36 PM by Will Easley »

micky682

« Reply #602 on: January 08, 2013, 05:54:20 PM »
I'd laugh if one of their shoes has a hash tag on the side. I'd buy it just for "theatrics".

Bertie

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 65
« Reply #603 on: January 08, 2013, 06:10:29 PM »
So tacky.

mooraga

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -35
« Reply #604 on: January 08, 2013, 06:15:13 PM »

Expand Quote

[close]

Black Box's first "marketing scheme" is to get those goddamn N's off the side of the shoe. Real talk until they get rid of that shit 90% of skaters not named Ned, Norman, or Neil arent gonna give them a chance. Aesthetically, it's whack as fuck. Maybe in the running game its not so bad because its an iconic brand, but if you're gonna break into this market you gotta realize skateboarders aren't really gonna fuck with something like that. ESPECIALLY since a good portion of the market is against big corporate brands anyway. Maybe put it on the tongue, or a small logo on the back end of the sole instead, but not on the side panel. Lakai, Nike, & Adidas can do it just because their logos actually look stylish, but a regular ass N or the NB logo is just an eyesore on some otherwise decent (no more, no less) shoe designs.

I don't think the N looks THAT bad, not as bad as the fucking puma logo on the side of all their shoes, they all look like shit.
they should keep the N on some of the models, not all.

aTribeCalledIncest

• Rep: 0
« Reply #605 on: January 11, 2013, 09:37:58 AM »
Saw a picture of Arto wearing some NB#s

swagdragon123

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -105
  • I take my internet usernames xtremly serious
    • HOBOHOGAN avatar image
« Reply #606 on: January 11, 2013, 09:41:00 AM »
proof

swagdragon123

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -105
  • I take my internet usernames xtremly serious
    • HOBOHOGAN avatar image
« Reply #607 on: January 11, 2013, 10:50:48 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
proof
[close]

I don't have actual photographic evidence, but a homie who was at Agenda told me he was wearing regular NBs there.
I got you

Bertie

• Rep: 65
« Reply #608 on: January 11, 2013, 10:56:31 AM »
More interested in the fact he's lost weight and looks like he could handle a street part.

pica

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -36
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #609 on: January 11, 2013, 04:13:01 PM »
don't wanna read the entire thread, but in case nobody posted it before :

"Dylan." will be on the team and so he might become "Dylan#"

skate_bored

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 56
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #610 on: January 11, 2013, 04:16:08 PM »
heard dylan was talking to Nike again, but New Balance would be interesting. not sure why Converse didn't try to pick up Dylan, Nike keeps saying they're gonna push Converse hard but Im still waiting.

heard Worrest could be on New Balance as well

era

« Reply #611 on: January 11, 2013, 04:36:24 PM »
New balance to revive eS' old aesthetic?

ZEBRA

« Reply #612 on: January 11, 2013, 04:40:19 PM »
heard dylan was talking to Nike again, but New Balance would be interesting. not sure why Converse didn't try to pick up Dylan, Nike keeps saying they're gonna push Converse hard but Im still waiting.

Fuck........ please no......

penguin meat

« Reply #613 on: January 11, 2013, 05:10:09 PM »
More interested in the fact he's lost weight and looks like he could handle a street part.
Seriously needs to quit photography and get back on some kink rails

ZEBRA

« Reply #614 on: January 11, 2013, 06:38:47 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
proof
[close]

I don't have actual photographic evidence, but a homie who was at Agenda told me he was wearing regular NBs there.
[close]
I got you

Fuck that would be lame.

I really hope he goes somewhere else or that crazy rumor of him trying to bring back e'S is true

EARL***THE***PEARL

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -114
  • MR.MADN3SSS LOVES YOU... NT MM
« Reply #615 on: January 11, 2013, 09:45:23 PM »
I'm hearing lots of Rumors about Marty Murawski signing up

b.v.

« Reply #616 on: January 11, 2013, 09:47:41 PM »
Arto was wearing new balance at the new balance booth.

brent

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 740
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #617 on: January 11, 2013, 09:49:19 PM »
ZEBRA post more about new balance please
This armor plating is going to get a little more diesel.

Ripped Laces

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 9
  • Dude, this is america. There are idiots everywhere
    • Ripped Laces = Shoe reviews, product reviews & more avatar image
« Reply #618 on: January 11, 2013, 09:57:32 PM »

I actually saw him wearing what looked like the new Chad Tim Tim Dekline's.
That would be a good look.

foureyedjim

« Reply #619 on: January 11, 2013, 10:04:08 PM »
getting free $95 shoes doesn't sound too bad actually...

ZEBRA

« Reply #620 on: January 11, 2013, 10:52:01 PM »
ZEBRA post more about new balance please

Why you worried about what I post so much?? Get off my nuts.

steve

• Rep: 45
« Reply #621 on: January 11, 2013, 11:03:57 PM »
woah, a skate shoe that looks like another skate shoe. ground breaking.

no shit, right?

Expand Quote

[close]

are you joking? that's a ridiculous assertion. good portion would be close to a majority and, unfortunately, that's not the reality.

nike and adidas logos look more stylish than the N? they're all weak ass branding symbols that have nothing to do with skateboarding.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2013, 11:08:58 PM by steve »

ZEBRA

« Reply #622 on: January 12, 2013, 12:05:43 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

no shit, right?

Expand Quote

Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

are you joking? that's a ridiculous assertion. good portion would be close to a majority and, unfortunately, that's not the reality.

nike and adidas logos look more stylish than the N? they're all weak ass branding symbols that have nothing to do with skateboarding.

Those comanpies have nothing to do with skateboarding for damn sure, but would you rather have a "N", or a swoosh or 3 stripes?? I think that's what he's saying.

Those comanpies have nothing to do with skateboarding for damn sure, but would you rather have a "N", or a swoosh or 3 stripes?? I think that's what he's saying.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2013, 05:45:59 AM by ZEBRA »

Will Easley

« Reply #623 on: January 12, 2013, 02:36:01 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

no shit, right?

Expand Quote

Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

Exactly. Personally I like the Nike swoosh but I can see how some people may not like the look of it. However, the adidas stripes are fucking perfect. Imagine the Busenitz, one of the best looking shoes out there with an etnies or gravis logo on the side. If you're gonna spam the fuck out of some logo, at LEAST make it look good. That overblown N is an eyesore as the focus point of the side of any shoe. Aesthetically, its straight trash and they'd be better off placing the N & NB logos on a much less conspicuous part of the shoe

GershonSweaty

• Rep: -3
    • @_moreinformation avatar image
« Reply #624 on: January 12, 2013, 04:09:27 AM »
The 3 stripe was originally developed to support the runners foot, it wasn't a conscious logo or design. Literally Adi Dassler found that 3 was better than 4 or 2 stripes for support ( at one point even metal inserts were put in the stripes for added support). My point is that although most footwear logos are weak or some derivative of the companies name Adidas are one of the few ( Ontisuka tiger and Asics included) whose logo is organic and not purposefully designed or a boring design of the first letter of the company name.

micky682

« Reply #625 on: January 12, 2013, 05:32:31 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]
I actually saw him wearing what looked like the new Chad Tim Tim Dekline's.
That would be a good look.
Skater owned company supporting one of the most raw East Coast skaters? I back it.

Tale Crab

• Rep: 350
« Reply #626 on: January 12, 2013, 09:55:17 AM »
The 3 stripe was originally developed to support the runners foot, it wasn't a conscious logo or design. Literally Adi Dassler found that 3 was better than 4 or 2 stripes for support ( at one point even metal inserts were put in the stripes for added support).

Adidas bought rights to the three stripes from a Finnish company that had been using the design previously.

pootysnacks

• Rep: -8
  • HI
    • SATANSWEINER avatar image
« Reply #627 on: January 12, 2013, 01:01:03 PM »

i like deez (1300s, 574s ok too)

but not for sk8bord

GershonSweaty

• Rep: -3
    • @_moreinformation avatar image
« Reply #628 on: January 12, 2013, 01:06:54 PM »
Expand Quote
The 3 stripe was originally developed to support the runners foot, it wasn't a conscious logo or design. Literally Adi Dassler found that 3 was better than 4 or 2 stripes for support ( at one point even metal inserts were put in the stripes for added support).
[close]

Adidas bought rights to the three stripes from a Finnish company that had been using the design previously.

Granted whilst this is true Adidas bought the rights from the Finnish brand KARHU, as a means to retain their logo. This purchase was made for next to nothing in 1951, Adidas had been using the 3 stripes as a logo as early as 1949 but before that did not define the support stripes which where commonly the same colour as the rest of the shoe.

ROCKxADIO420

« Reply #629 on: January 12, 2013, 02:37:41 PM »
ok dude adidas' logo is cool you win.