Author Topic: Palace - NIGGAZ WIT ALTITUDE  (Read 14960 times)

Charles Smith

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -26
Re: Palace - NIGGAZ WIT ALTITUDE
« Reply #30 on: December 25, 2012, 12:00:13 PM »
also, isn't you getting mad at me for having come to terms with people's abuse of an incendiary term a form of self-hate? i'm just living my life. it's easier when i don't have to get mad at twelve-year-olds for what they've learned from rap music.

PAWL

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -70
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #31 on: December 25, 2012, 12:10:37 PM »
wow that is awesome that cotg doesn't know who harriet beecher stowe is and yet is claiming to have the most knowledge of racial matters. merry christmas!
yo mike mo new age ape style high five with my reborn hand.

2008 psychedelic experience. thanks.

Charles Smith

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #32 on: December 25, 2012, 12:16:51 PM »
wow that is awesome that cotg doesn't know who harriet beecher stowe is and yet is claiming to have the most knowledge of racial matters. merry christmas!

to be fair, one's knowledge of harriet stowe is not necessarily indicative of one's grasp on the racism he or she has encountered or perceived. dude's pain is coming from the right place in my opinion, and just getting out of his mind faultily.

David Puddy

• Rep: -1
« Reply #33 on: December 25, 2012, 12:21:25 PM »
An enjoyable talk about some English video turning into a race debate, it's a Festivus miracle!

ChildoftheGhetto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1322
  • Nathaniel Turner with a burner
« Reply #34 on: December 25, 2012, 12:26:00 PM »
That's exactly what I'm talking about. You just called me a self hater because I think black people should be angered that people don't respect them. People mock black people openly and you're OK with that, but I'm a self hater. This is what I'm talking about. Blacks are the only people who welcome disrespect. But not only welcome it, but speak against people that don't. And again it's not about whites or any other race saying nigga it's about dudes like you who would say something about me pointing it out.

Randozzi

« Reply #35 on: December 25, 2012, 12:29:07 PM »
the edit is cool but the name could have been more original.

Charles Smith

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #36 on: December 25, 2012, 12:30:13 PM »
That's exactly what I'm talking about. You just called me a self hater because I think black people should be angered that people don't respect them. People mock black people openly and you're OK with that, but I'm a self hater. This is what I'm talking about. Blacks are the only people who welcome disrespect. But not only welcome it, but speak against people that don't. And again it's not about whites or any other race saying nigga it's about dudes like you who would say something about me pointing it out.

okay, but who's welcoming disrespect? me, or the blacks who use "nigger" like it's "their word" in songs that are broadcast nationally? who's garnering more negative attention? me, for coming to terms with things i can't control, or you, for being outraged at the same things? by the way, making an argument about how black people welcome disrespect (and that's a bad thing) doesn't really work when your sig says "i <3 haters"...

Charles Smith

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #37 on: December 25, 2012, 12:32:32 PM »
you really need to listen to (read) yourself.

krookedskate

• Rep: -45
« Reply #38 on: December 25, 2012, 12:33:16 PM »
and cotg when is you're mini ramp part coming out?

krookedskate

• Rep: -45
« Reply #39 on: December 25, 2012, 12:34:58 PM »
so what black people own the word nigga now? go back to nosesliding ankle high ledges fag

Big Skatefase

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 561
« Reply #40 on: December 25, 2012, 12:37:18 PM »
the same Mexicans you see rolling around bumping tupac are the same ones that will shoot you for being black.

lenny rivas?

holden caulfield

• Rep: -33
« Reply #41 on: December 25, 2012, 12:44:21 PM »
it definitely is pretty fucked up that they made that the title, and it does seem like they are patronizing black culture. if i was black i feel like id definitely be starting shit with anyone that used that word, regardless of their race. i mean when i hear black people calling each other niggas i already think they're dumb as fuck but if i was black myself i think id lose it. my roommate is black and he wont even respond to black people that address him as nigga. as a white person i dont know how much weight my opinion has on this particular subject but i gotta side with COTG on this one 100%

era

« Reply #42 on: December 25, 2012, 12:46:55 PM »
Chewy Cannon has such a great unique style. Sketchy but just ripping. Good shit.

Completely false.  Dude needs to take some ADHD meds or something.  His body never stops moving.  On a more positive note, Palace is awesome and a Dill cameo is always welcome.

ChildoftheGhetto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #43 on: December 25, 2012, 01:03:08 PM »
Let the put faggot in their next title and see if you don't see a ton people talking that homophobe shit. I'm about to give you a perfect example. I was watching Friday on oxygen and theyleft the word nigga uncensored but they censored the word bitch. And again it's not about them saying it. It's about your protect Massa syndrome.  You came at me for pointing it out. I'm not mad at whites,  I'm mad at blacks for not being mad.  I can see if you didn't agree and didn't say anything,  but you made it a point To come at me (no homo)and said you couldn't get behind a black person that would be offended by that(no homo). Do you see what I'm saying. You went at me because I pointed some shot out about white people.

Big Skatefase

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #44 on: December 25, 2012, 01:23:02 PM »
yo cotg, how do feel about terry kennedy and the other black skaters cosigning that minstrel show goin on at baker/deathwish/shakejunt?

Charles Smith

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #45 on: December 25, 2012, 01:27:40 PM »
Let the put faggot in their next title and see if you don't see a ton people talking that homophobe shit. I'm about to give you a perfect example. I was watching Friday on oxygen and theyleft the word nigga uncensored but they censored the word bitch. And again it's not about them saying it. It's about your protect Massa syndrome. �You came at me for pointing it out. I'm not mad at whites, �I'm mad at blacks for not being mad. �I can see if you didn't agree and didn't say anything, �but you made it a point To come at me (no homo)and said you couldn't get behind a black person that would be offended by that(no homo). Do you see what I'm saying. You went at me because I pointed some shot out about white people.

it's not just white people, though. it's everyone. that's what i'm saying. when i was younger, i was hella offended by the word "nigga". but now i've grown up with it. it's just a fact of life. i'm only pissed anymore at the black people who use it to fit in and get mad when other people use it for the same reason. there are real instances of racism all around. to get legitimately pissed about the abuse of the word "nigga" you're gonna have to dig a lot deeper than a video released in 2012. i would never, EVER, for instance, put myself out there as a "nigga with attitude" to the mainstream media unless i was prepared to hear white people (and all other people who see my music video) say "nigga with attitude". but it's been done, and i didn't okay it. do you see what i'm saying? i've been upset for a while. and that's the price of freedom, man. richard pryor's wife says "nigger". I WANT JUSTICE.

ChildoftheGhetto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #46 on: December 25, 2012, 01:46:24 PM »
I can't really say anything bad about tk. Dudes not really buck dancing or anything. Whenever you see tk he's either skating, or saying some inspirational shit low key. The main shit I have a problem with , and this is the skate industry as whole! Is niggas treating theorists like a pet negro, and hoe everyone is so fascinated thayt a black dude can be positive.  That's disgusting to me. I haven't heard not one person mention how good he is at skating. He's out here doing balanced kickflip back.5-0 tre flips out and they're talking about how nice he is. They keep hitting him with the new version of "he speaks so well".  Shake junt there's probably some fuck shit going on, but at the same time that's how white people from the south/Midwest act. It's just not widespread knowledge that that's how a ton of white people act, because, they don't get defined by that. I watch honey boo boo so I know what's really going on hahah

Big Skatefase

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #47 on: December 25, 2012, 02:07:21 PM »
I can't really say anything bad about tk. Dudes not really buck dancing or anything. Whenever you see tk he's either skating, or saying some inspirational shit low key. The main shit I have a problem with , and this is the skate industry as whole! Is niggas treating theorists like a pet negro, and hoe everyone is so fascinated thayt a black dude can be positive.  That's disgusting to me. I haven't heard not one person mention how good he is at skating. He's out here doing balanced kickflip back.5-0 tre flips out and they're talking about how nice he is. They keep hitting him with the new version of "he speaks so well".  Shake junt there's probably some fuck shit going on, but at the same time that's how white people from the south/Midwest act. It's just not widespread knowledge that that's how a ton of white people act, because, they don't get defined by that. I watch honey boo boo so I know what's really going on hahah

i feel what you sayin but can't (the bolded) be applied in some situations in skateboarding doe? can't there be some white boys that actually fuck wit that culture? im juss sayin. while there are times where dudes are clearly mockin black culture and i dont cosign that shit but there are some white boys who legit like that shit. i don't think say someone like wade desarmo is mocking black culture when he was wearing tall-tees, baggy jeans, and skatin to young buck. that's just him.  i mean i don't know any of these dudes personally so i can't be one to judge. i agree that maybe the title was a little suspect but maybe some of the palace dudes deadass like black culture?
« Last Edit: December 25, 2012, 02:16:43 PM by Big Skatefase »

ChildoftheGhetto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #48 on: December 25, 2012, 02:22:16 PM »
I know a lot a black dudes want to believe that, but everyone white person I've noticed that participates in any type of so called "black culture" has always done some fuck shit towards black, or they come with a certain arrogant attitude within that culture.

Charles Smith

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #49 on: December 25, 2012, 02:23:49 PM »
I know a lot a black dudes want to believe that, but everyone white person I've noticed that participates in any type of so called "black culture" has always done some fuck shit towards black, or they come with a certain arrogant attitude within that culture.

you're so militant, dude. violence begets violence. violent assertions beget violent assertions.

ChildoftheGhetto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #50 on: December 25, 2012, 02:31:18 PM »
I have not said anything militant or violent. I honesty don't believe you're a black dude now.

Charles Smith

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #51 on: December 25, 2012, 02:33:48 PM »
it's like a white dude saying "black people are always complaining about white people while they enjoy the freedoms our great grandfathers fashioned for them" ... which i've heard... and which is also bullshit. we, as BLACK PEOPLE, if we're lumping, have been not solely RESPONSIBLE for the spread of the word "nigga". so, we've got to bear that burden. end of story. we're all part of both the solution and the problem.

Charles Smith

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #52 on: December 25, 2012, 02:37:34 PM »
I have not said anything militant or violent. I honesty don't believe you're a black dude now.

you want a goddamn picture, brah? does your questioning my ethnicity because of my words make you feel smarter, or stronger? what's your deal? you have been very subtly militant all day. all christmas. that's my opinion, but i hold to that. even your questioning my ethnicity... those are fighting words. if you did that in person, we'd have a problem. do you see what i'm saying? you're perpetuating ignorance.

i used to think some of the things you said were stupid yet ironically self-aware, and thus funny. but you've just outed yourself. the bitter clown.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2012, 02:40:31 PM by Charles Smith »

Charles Smith

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #53 on: December 25, 2012, 02:55:04 PM »
and anyway speak to what i've said and not about your petty fucking doubts YOU BITCH.

donster

• Rep: -1
« Reply #54 on: December 25, 2012, 02:56:41 PM »
i wish espy was in that video! still good.

wario

• Rep: 60
« Reply #55 on: December 25, 2012, 03:02:39 PM »

that's a pretty ignorant, blanket assumption. as a white man, i enjoy listening to rap. do i secretly hate black people? now let's say i'm a freestyle rapper.  do you really believe that it is impossible for someone who is not black to just honestly enjoy, for example, rapping?  your brain is stuck in "race" mode, while everyone round you has moved on.  yes of course some people are still race-arrogant and bigoted, but we're at a point where people have crossed the traditional lines of culture.

Charles Smith

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #56 on: December 25, 2012, 03:04:46 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

that's a pretty ignorant, blanket assumption. as a white man, i enjoy listening to rap. do i secretly hate black people? now let's say i'm a freestyle rapper.  do you really believe that it is impossible for someone who is not black to just honestly enjoy, for example, rapping?  your brain is stuck in "race" mode, while everyone round you has moved on.  yes of course some people are still race-arrogant and bigoted, but we're at a point where people have crossed the traditional lines of culture.

exaaaaaactly

ChildoftheGhetto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #57 on: December 25, 2012, 03:05:52 PM »
Hahahahahahaha this dude just called me bitch because I said black people should be offended by some white dudes mocking them. And this dude is claiming to be black. You don't see how I would be skeptical of that. If you are black you have to be mulatto or have a white girlfriend or something. �I can't see how a black dude would be so opposed to what I said.

Andrefosho

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 147
« Reply #58 on: December 25, 2012, 03:06:09 PM »
Unfortunately they didn't use a NWA song.

Charles Smith

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #59 on: December 25, 2012, 03:14:12 PM »
Hahahahahahaha this dude just called me bitch because I said black people should be offended by some white dudes mocking them. And this dude is claiming to be black. You don't see how I would be skeptical of that. If you are black you have to be mulatto or have a white girlfriend or something. �I can't see how a black dude would be so opposed to what I said.

the reason i found what you said about "we are the world" blacks funny is because i am a black man who happens to want to be a citizen of the world. life is too short to have these clan-based biases, especially when your "clan" is just a vast race of people most of whom wouldn't cut a fingernail short to save your life. i believe in my friends, my family, and the people who believe in me. a lot of those people, being that i grew up in the suburbs, happen to be non-black. but they're real fucking people, and they show real fucking love. you're not just insulting me, you're insulting everyone who's ever held it down for me. you're digging deep, and i'm just trying to get you to open your fucking mind. and you're scared, like a little bitch.