Author Topic: Flat Boards  (Read 258 times)

micky682

Flat Boards
« on: December 25, 2012, 02:32:08 PM »
So I got a Toy Machine at my shop thinking it as gonna be really flat, but it comes out as pretty medium concave. I looked at the board, felt it, and it seemed pretty flat only for it to be pretty steep. Is there a way to flatten my deck? Should I just bounce on it for a long time?

pica

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -36
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Re: Flat Boards
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2012, 03:04:54 PM »
put it under the weight of something heavy like a couch or a wardrobe for a few days.

ivegotlevitation

« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2012, 08:02:17 PM »
park a car on it.

micky682

« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2012, 07:51:21 PM »
park a car on it.
Wouldn't it break though? I've wanted to put something heavy on it but I'm scared it'll break.

pica

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -36
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2012, 07:55:20 PM »
nope, it won't break. depending on the space you can also stuff the deck in between a radiator and the wall.

Noble Experiment

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 284
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2012, 01:11:29 AM »
park a car on it.
This.
I remember hearing somewhere that Daewon used to do this to boards that he got shipped to him that weren't flat enough for his liking.

micky682

« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2012, 08:36:04 AM »
nope, it won't break. depending on the space you can also stuff the deck in between a radiator and the wall.
Thanks for the help, I'm gonna just put textbooks and weights on the deck since my parents aren't letting put it under a car.

IanBZHD

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 55
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2013, 10:41:33 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Thanks for the help, I'm gonna just put textbooks and weights on the deck since my parents aren't letting put it under a car.

dayum dood, your rents are like... the man, man.

but fer serious, just get used to the board. I find it easier to get used to a steep board than a too flat board.

MostlyLurkin'

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -49
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2013, 08:43:16 PM »
Expand Quote
park a car on it.
[close]
This.
I remember hearing somewhere that Daewon used to do this to boards that he got shipped to him that weren't flat enough for his liking.

About 5:00 in this