Author Topic: Ted DeGros needs to comeback  (Read 11767 times)

ice nine

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -308
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Ted DeGros needs to comeback
« Reply #30 on: December 27, 2012, 08:25:33 PM »
i dunno how old this really is, looks pretty old. but its from lowcards instagram (via another slap thread thx), posted a month ago.

http://instagram.com/p/ShaqhGIqTD/

also i dunno how to post the image direct
I;m sure i;m not the only dc/monster/subaru type guy here

Facehead

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -95

Commercial D

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -670
« Reply #32 on: December 27, 2012, 09:14:42 PM »
After years of Facebook friendship he suddenly deleted me recently so I'll assume this thread has something to do with that. Perhaps he peaced out the industry because he didn't like being talked about.
Skate videos have been downhill ever since 411VM #20

« Reply #33 on: December 27, 2012, 09:35:05 PM »
Terry Kennedy must love dick then.

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1566
« Reply #34 on: December 27, 2012, 10:22:34 PM »
Last i heard he was doing landscaping in SF. Still see his brother from time to time randomly here on the island.

I thought this was the truth....dude did what he wanted more or less the whole way through.....im stoked he got off the island....

KOOL MIKE

« Reply #35 on: December 28, 2012, 06:21:00 AM »
need more footage!

dankradschwag

« Reply #36 on: December 28, 2012, 07:53:29 AM »
Damn i could easily see this guy on Habitat replacing the milking it master Tim O Connor.... I could see him on Think too.

tim o'connor says he is a weird guy in the mosaic commentary. if he was weird enough for tim to call him out on it on record and dude was off alien shortly after, he must just be a kook

Donkey Lips

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1020
« Reply #37 on: December 28, 2012, 08:06:06 AM »
After years of Facebook friendship he suddenly deleted me recently so I'll assume this thread has something to do with that. Perhaps he peaced out the industry because he didn't like being talked about.
You should use your skills of persuasion to hypnotize him into being your friend again Dallas.

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #38 on: December 28, 2012, 09:08:57 AM »
Expand Quote
Damn i could easily see this guy on Habitat replacing the milking it master Tim O Connor.... I could see him on Think too.
[close]

tim o'connor says he is a weird guy in the mosaic commentary. if he was weird enough for tim to call him out on it on record and dude was off alien shortly after, he must just be a kook

Uh.....or maybe Tim is a kook?  Crazy right? 

dankradschwag

« Reply #39 on: December 28, 2012, 10:15:19 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Uh.....or maybe Tim is a kook?  Crazy right? 

nah, tim has too much clout in the industry. there's no way he's a kook.

Ogopogo

• Rep: 11
« Reply #40 on: December 28, 2012, 10:01:15 PM »
Let me help clear this up. this is my de-virginizing post, so if you think you've seen me on here before , you haven't, and hi Dallas, don't ask me what facebook does, it's buggy and deletes who it wants, you're always cool in my book. anyways.....

I "disappeared" because I didn't want to do the whole slow painful death spiral that most people do. You know how you see someone going from riding for DC, then to say......Osiris (no offense, but a step down in my book) then Recs (if you remember them) and eventually everybody starts their own company, and they're like "hey guys!!!! this is going to be great!!!!. It's going to be me and 5 other washed up dudes (no offense to some of my old friends who are still in denial) acting like we're still on the upswing!!, it's gonna be huge!!". but it never is. I've seen dozens of these last ditch efforts come and go and it's not for me. If I'm going to bust my ass for something, I'm going to get rewarded for it.

okay...let's clear up some stuff. I think I asked Zasflasky, not Russ to look into City, not Think for me. I've always liked City, they're not in the big leagues like the other guys, but they're a cool company full of young energetic underdogs.

listen to the mosaic commentary again. Tim calls me weird at first, then corrects himself, and says I'm not weird, I'm just so normal that its weird. I don't think any of the Alien/Habitat guys from the Mosaic tour (where I first met Tim) were used to someone who just wanted to live quietly and had a kind of "serious" attitude. like a "normie", not your typical skate misfit type. most people who knew me know that I've gotten into plenty of bad things in my life, but I kept it separate from skating.

That tour was horrible. I was so excited to be on tour with my idols and all the guys I wanted to be on a team with and build something great. I had no idea everyone there would be so jaded, negative and catty. it was weird. totally soul crushing for a bright eyed young kid from canada. I cannot tell you how many times the guys would storm into the hotel room with hookers and whatever drugs.booze they could get their hands on. fuck those guys. Danny Renaud is a great skater with excellent style and a lot of flair, but what a jerk. Tim O is sweet and sour, not just the sweet he puts out there all the time. Heath Kirchart was cool.

Coldplay was Kurt fillipone's Idea. I wanted "the lights go down" by ELO, but he was pushy and I got what his vision was. I like Kurt. still do. I can live with that on my record.

Earl the Pearl guessed the closest. Borderlands 2 is awesome. I'm not over skating though, Its more of a social thing for me though, and all the skate homies are in vancouver/vic and phoenix.

don't know what happened with any girl/lakai stuff. I probably came off overeager and presumptuous. I could see that, I just loved those guys though. oh well. I should have just gone over to some teams I could have gone on trips with. anyways......

that pretty much covers it. I live in the Richmond hills in the Bay Area. I can hear cows from my house. I start work at 630 most days. Iam a "tree climber". I have an embarrassing link I'll post.

http://aplustree.com/blog/a-plus-team-official-movie-trailer/

comeback is doubtful, but I still like to skate.

360 frip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -65505
  • -65 G 4 RYFE
« Reply #41 on: December 28, 2012, 10:13:11 PM »
Let me help clear this up. this is my de-virginizing post, so if you think you've seen me on here before , you haven't, and hi Dallas, don't ask me what facebook does, it's buggy and deletes who it wants, you're always cool in my book. anyways.....

I "disappeared" because I didn't want to do the whole slow painful death spiral that most people do. You know how you see someone going from riding for DC, then to say......Osiris (no offense, but a step down in my book) then Recs (if you remember them) and eventually everybody starts their own company, and they're like "hey guys!!!! this is going to be great!!!!. It's going to be me and 5 other washed up dudes (no offense to some of my old friends who are still in denial) acting like we're still on the upswing!!, it's gonna be huge!!". but it never is. I've seen dozens of these last ditch efforts come and go and it's not for me. If I'm going to bust my ass for something, I'm going to get rewarded for it.

okay...let's clear up some stuff. I think I asked Zasflasky, not Russ to look into City, not Think for me. I've always liked City, they're not in the big leagues like the other guys, but they're a cool company full of young energetic underdogs.

listen to the mosaic commentary again. Tim calls me weird at first, then corrects himself, and says I'm not weird, I'm just so normal that its weird. I don't think any of the Alien/Habitat guys from the Mosaic tour (where I first met Tim) were used to someone who just wanted to live quietly and had a kind of "serious" attitude. like a "normie", not your typical skate misfit type. most people who knew me know that I've gotten into plenty of bad things in my life, but I kept it separate from skating.

That tour was horrible. I was so excited to be on tour with my idols and all the guys I wanted to be on a team with and build something great. I had no idea everyone there would be so jaded, negative and catty. it was weird. totally soul crushing for a bright eyed young kid from canada. I cannot tell you how many times the guys would storm into the hotel room with hookers and whatever drugs.booze they could get their hands on. fuck those guys. Danny Renaud is a great skater with excellent style and a lot of flair, but what a jerk. Tim O is sweet and sour, not just the sweet he puts out there all the time. Heath Kirchart was cool.

Coldplay was Kurt fillipone's Idea. I wanted "the lights go down" by ELO, but he was pushy and I got what his vision was. I like Kurt. still do. I can live with that on my record.

Earl the Pearl guessed the closest. Borderlands 2 is awesome. I'm not over skating though, Its more of a social thing for me though, and all the skate homies are in vancouver/vic and phoenix.

don't know what happened with any girl/lakai stuff. I probably came off overeager and presumptuous. I could see that, I just loved those guys though. oh well. I should have just gone over to some teams I could have gone on trips with. anyways......

that pretty much covers it. I live in the Richmond hills in the Bay Area. I can hear cows from my house. I start work at 630 most days. Iam a "tree climber". I have an embarrassing link I'll post.

This in contrast with all the other Daewon/Popps things going on...

Interesting.

Always thought you were due more. Still, good to hear you're enjoying skating and happy.

"I DON'T WANT TO BELONG TO ANY CLUB THAT WILL ACCEPT PEOPLE LIKE ME AS A MEMBER." Groucho

"Sorry 360 frip, you are banned from using this forum!" HATE

zoltan

« Reply #42 on: December 28, 2012, 10:32:55 PM »

Respect Ted...respect.

Your Strange Brew Part is one of my all time favorites
« Last Edit: December 29, 2012, 11:27:06 AM by zoltan »

BRIX SKWIKZ

« Reply #43 on: December 28, 2012, 10:37:17 PM »
(-2)X(-2)=4

BleachBeach

• Rep: -5
« Reply #44 on: December 28, 2012, 10:46:11 PM »

Word.

Shout out to the Ogopogo too.

McDuff

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 55
« Reply #45 on: December 28, 2012, 10:55:17 PM »
wow, wasnt expecting that. thanks for posting, and glad to hear youre still rippping.

Commercial D

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -670
« Reply #46 on: December 28, 2012, 10:59:51 PM »
Ogopogo what up! I feel you on the normal life. Psyched to hear from you, and to know you're agile as always. And jussayin', I bet if you threw some time at it you could add a heavy-duty HD part to your impressive list of video achievements and stoke many more people than the mere posters in this thread. ;-)
Skate videos have been downhill ever since 411VM #20

asakusa75

« Reply #47 on: December 28, 2012, 11:57:04 PM »
Slap is a wonderful and mysterious place.

Smorange

• Rep: 18
« Reply #48 on: December 29, 2012, 03:45:21 AM »
Slap never ceases to surprise me. Glad to hear you've got your shit together, especially with all these horror stories about the industry coming to light, that being said a part from you would be absolutely awesome. If anything I know that if I ever need a tree cut down I'm gonna call the A Plus Team. I pity the fool who wouldn't.

ttching!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 65214
  • Smilin' Mercenary
« Reply #49 on: December 29, 2012, 06:28:19 AM »
Awesome. You are missed, but your decision is very respectable. Get some iPhone clips with your friends on the weekends and post em!

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #50 on: December 29, 2012, 11:07:11 AM »
I recall some heated discussion at the dorm as to who was better....Ted or Poppalardo.....looks like you're the happier of the two.....

The Ghost of Lenny Kirk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -146
« Reply #51 on: December 29, 2012, 11:28:08 AM »
I recall some heated discussion at the dorm as to who was better....Ted or Poppalardo.....looks like you're the happier of the two.....

Although, inspite of all the shit , i think following pappalardos career has always been more fun.  

Clayton

• Rep: 78
    • Spot Hunter avatar image
« Reply #52 on: December 29, 2012, 11:35:55 AM »
Hey Manolo...remix that Coldplay part to "The Lights Go Down" by ELO?

Matze

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -21
    • www.matthiaswinkel.com avatar image

weedpop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 308
« Reply #54 on: December 30, 2012, 02:15:21 AM »
Hey Manolo...remix that tree climbing video to "The Lights Go Down" by ELO?

Mouth

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -297
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #55 on: December 30, 2012, 02:36:28 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Word.

Shout out to the Ogopogo too.

Always thought you had a fresh and interesting approach to skating.

Glad to hear you've got your shit together.
'No Mouth, you have a negative rep because you are a fan of growing your wealth off of the backs of low paid workers and brag about having bodyguards. You literally kook people for doing charity in South East Asia. Don't deny it.'

ice nine

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -308
« Reply #56 on: December 30, 2012, 02:44:41 AM »
fuck that, im sure ur still good enough to be pro. why not just film some mess around stuff for ur fans? what happened at santa cruz? u went pro and disappeared?
I;m sure i;m not the only dc/monster/subaru type guy here

dankradschwag

« Reply #57 on: December 30, 2012, 03:04:25 PM »
How is Danny Renaud a jerk? I never heard of such things.

SFblah

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 668
« Reply #58 on: December 30, 2012, 03:44:32 PM »
Props to you, Ted. Sounds like you're happy out of the rat race. Hope it produces some homie-cam footage one day that everyone here would be happy to see.

BleachBeach

• Rep: -5
« Reply #59 on: December 31, 2012, 01:12:14 AM »
How is Danny Renaud a jerk? I never heard of such things.

He was notorious in his day.  Smashing hotel rooms and fucking around with bottles of piss in the tour van.