Author Topic: Daewon down & out?  (Read 14750 times)

360 frip

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -65504
  • -65 G 4 RYFE
Re: Daewon down & out?
« Reply #30 on: December 28, 2012, 04:11:02 AM »
Any pics of his (ex) wife? The 411 was sketchy.
"I DON'T WANT TO BELONG TO ANY CLUB THAT WILL ACCEPT PEOPLE LIKE ME AS A MEMBER." Groucho

"Sorry 360 frip, you are banned from using this forum!" HATE

imgne

AdrianLopez

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -36
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #32 on: December 28, 2012, 04:48:22 AM »
http://www.jenkemmag.com/home/2012/07/10/daewon-song-doughnuts-drinking-and-5-incher/

Yeah you seem in control and about moderation now.
Yeah the drinking was out of control for a while but it was because I was going thru a pretty bad separation. I slept in my car for 2 weeks straight because I was on a bender. It was like Jack In The Box breakfast burritos every morning and 17 beers every night. You should have seen how bloated I was. It?s pretty insane. If you ever get a chance to talk to Reda you should ask him about the time he experienced me in Australia drinking. The first time I met him I ripped the sheets off of him and I wanted to fight him. I have no idea why, he just said I kept saying, ?stop shooting photos of me!!? That?s where it goes sometimes.

[...] like an individual so irrelevant to anything.

Don't be an asshole and don't yo flip! - Kyle Frederick

BRIX SKWIKZ

« Reply #33 on: December 28, 2012, 06:43:05 AM »
$#!%

AfterEight

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -81
« Reply #34 on: December 28, 2012, 07:20:43 AM »
jeeesus. This couldn't have happened to a nicer guy. Sleeping in your car? God damnit, gentlemen. Women can be vapid, greedy whores. Protect yourself and get that pre-nup. 

Schmaltz

• Rep: -55
« Reply #35 on: December 28, 2012, 07:23:51 AM »
You niggas are a bunch of fucking gossip queens.

PatrickSkateman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -211
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #36 on: December 28, 2012, 07:32:01 AM »
There goes Daewon, he lost a lot of weight. I heard he only eats one cracker a day...
2022 Slap Fantasy Football Champion

TomTom

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 71
« Reply #37 on: December 28, 2012, 07:37:22 AM »
Ha not true! Daewon doesn't live in his car..he does change his sweaty cloths after skating sometimes..Dude skates more than most people I know!
Damnit couldn't you have chirped in a little later?
I was looking forward to wild speculations and testimonys of who saw him where doing what! ....

Fenzadill

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 91
  • lemme get the 4 dollar one
« Reply #38 on: December 28, 2012, 08:28:01 AM »
Expand Quote
Ha not true! Daewon doesn't live in his car..he does change his sweaty cloths after skating sometimes..Dude skates more than most people I know!
[close]
Damnit couldn't you have chirped in a little later?
I was looking forward to wild speculations and testimonys of who saw him where doing what! ....

Yo Daewon is addicted to heroin ya'll.  I saw that dude in the Bowery 4 days ago, and he looked like shit.
example. i cant cast a spelll or love potion on a girl and she falls total in love for me
but i can show a girl my tv youtube clip on my or her phone. but there's a difference ok

SFblah

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 668
« Reply #39 on: December 28, 2012, 08:31:49 AM »
Have you seen his Hummer? That's like a small apt. Not bad.

gripittoripit

• Rep: -36
« Reply #40 on: December 28, 2012, 08:50:26 AM »
when he was sleeping in the car was on a trip in austrailia, not at home. Duh

GAY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3329
  • Those that SLAP, can't.
« Reply #41 on: December 28, 2012, 09:00:58 AM »
Divorce laws be fucked

I often wonder if gay people one day will look back on the days that they weren't allowed to marry and think, "Ah, those were the good old days." Nothing good can come of marriage.

Aatila

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -305
« Reply #42 on: December 28, 2012, 09:48:22 AM »
ex wife was actually pretty banging (in a non disrespectful way)

Sleazy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 262
  • tiger style
« Reply #43 on: December 28, 2012, 10:06:58 AM »
Expand Quote
And I don't know about millions....
[close]

He's been a top pro for 20 years now. You don't think he's averaged at least $100k/yr? That alone would be $2m.

guess that makes most the people i know millonaires... you really come up with some out of touch shit man. guess that's what happens when a broke ass fool talks about money.

150k a year is middle class suburbs living, 100k is barely making it with a family. this is why you have some many double income families these days because one person generally makes 80-100k and the other makesthe 50-80k. 100k isn't the kind of cash that makes one wealthy, it's the kind of cash that lets you have decent cars, live in a decent neighborhood, buy electronics, shop at whole foods, have new clothes and take an annual vacation. it barely puts you in the investment income range and that's really only if you bugget like a mother fucker, eat mostly caserol dishes and drink cheap booze.

add to this that most pro careers end in the early to mid 30s, it's not a wealthy type lifestyle. this is why people like pops go broke the same month that they loose sponsors. it's because you have uneducated guys who got what seems like a lot of cash at a young age and it fucks up their perspective and financial sense. they live in the most expesive areas of the country and spend tons of cash on partying. if you get 15 years at 100k, you need to live off 50k and invest really smart if you really want to not have to get a real job as some point. living in ny or sf and blowing all your cash on rent, drugs and art isn't the kind of thing you can do on 50k a year. but these guys instead live check to check thinking that they have endless earning potential.

you want to know who won't be broke when the game is up? westgate. check his epicly later'd. guys living a normal middle class life and not trying to front like a rock star. daniel henney had a short ass career and a kooky as he may be, that dude retired from his career because he was frugal and smart with is money and lived in cheaper areas of the country.

fuck, hammer went broke in a year after making 50 million. no amount of money makes up for stupidity.

rlang

• Rep: 19
« Reply #44 on: December 28, 2012, 11:15:26 AM »
Wasn't he supposed to put out a part with Thrasher in December?  What's up with that?

Dirtymac

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -54
« Reply #45 on: December 28, 2012, 11:22:16 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

He's been a top pro for 20 years now. You don't think he's averaged at least $100k/yr? That alone would be $2m.
[close]

guess that makes most the people i know millonaires... you really come up with some out of touch shit man. guess that's what happens when a broke ass fool talks about money.

150k a year is middle class suburbs living, 100k is barely making it with a family. this is why you have some many double income families these days because one person generally makes 80-100k and the other makesthe 50-80k. 100k isn't the kind of cash that makes one wealthy, it's the kind of cash that lets you have decent cars, live in a decent neighborhood, buy electronics, shop at whole foods, have new clothes and take an annual vacation. it barely puts you in the investment income range and that's really only if you bugget like a mother fucker, eat mostly caserol dishes and drink cheap booze.

add to this that most pro careers end in the early to mid 30s, it's not a wealthy type lifestyle. this is why people like pops go broke the same month that they loose sponsors. it's because you have uneducated guys who got what seems like a lot of cash at a young age and it fucks up their perspective and financial sense. they live in the most expesive areas of the country and spend tons of cash on partying. if you get 15 years at 100k, you need to live off 50k and invest really smart if you really want to not have to get a real job as some point. living in ny or sf and blowing all your cash on rent, drugs and art isn't the kind of thing you can do on 50k a year. but these guys instead live check to check thinking that they have endless earning potential.

you want to know who won't be broke when the game is up? westgate. check his epicly later'd. guys living a normal middle class life and not trying to front like a rock star. daniel henney had a short ass career and a kooky as he may be, that dude retired from his career because he was frugal and smart with is money and lived in cheaper areas of the country.

fuck, hammer went broke in a year after making 50 million. no amount of money makes up for stupidity.
priceless....caserol dishes..funny as shit
"Never talk shit about a man until you've walked a mile in his shoes. That way you're a mile away AND you've got his shoes"

doomstation55

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 884
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • [b]TEAM DOOM MS 2018[/b] avatar image
« Reply #46 on: December 28, 2012, 05:41:48 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Thank god somebody who knows what they're talking about with money. Who here actually thinks that if you make 100k a year for ten years through skating that you're set for life? Probably a lot of skateboarders which is really sad. Daniel Haney is awesome cuz he saved his pro money and is pretty much retired now. It's just like Pops interview, the dude is obviously regular with money since he had a pro model shoe with Converse and since they stopped paying him he apparently has no money.

http://espn.go.com/action/skateboarding/story/_/id/7547702/pro-skaters-try-overcome-obstacles-financial-planning

I can't believe more people don't use Excel, shit working for a financial planner for pro skaters above SPoT would be my dream job.

KOOL MIKE

« Reply #47 on: December 28, 2012, 06:11:11 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

Thank god somebody who knows what they're talking about with money. Who here actually thinks that if you make 100k a year for ten years through skating that you're set for life? Probably a lot of skateboarders which is really sad. Daniel Haney is awesome cuz he saved his pro money and is pretty much retired now. It's just like Pops interview, the dude is obviously regular with money since he had a pro model shoe with Converse and since they stopped paying him he apparently has no money.

http://espn.go.com/action/skateboarding/story/_/id/7547702/pro-skaters-try-overcome-obstacles-financial-planning

I can't believe more people don't use Excel, shit working for a financial planner for pro skaters above SPoT would be my dream job.

im sure a lot of others would be doing their own thing similar to Excel.

if i were sitting on those wages i would be living the exact same way i am now but investing more, ofcourse you should treat yourself , but who needs a pointless big shiny car and all these other things that are just money wasters. it blows my mind how some of these kids can't see into the future and expect money to always be thrown at them.

Commercial D

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -670
« Reply #48 on: December 28, 2012, 09:26:20 PM »
Thank god somebody who knows what they're talking about with money. Who here actually thinks that if you make 100k a year for ten years through skating that you're set for life?

I said he's been averaging at least 100k per year for 20 years solely to demonstrate that he's made millions [plural] throughout his career. It's a safe bet that he's made quite a bit more than that.
Skate videos have been downhill ever since 411VM #20

Cosme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 507
« Reply #49 on: December 29, 2012, 01:34:26 AM »

Thank you very much!

AsianVegan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 95
« Reply #50 on: December 29, 2012, 01:35:37 AM »
Expand Quote
Thank god somebody who knows what they're talking about with money. Who here actually thinks that if you make 100k a year for ten years through skating that you're set for life?
[close]

I said he's been averaging at least 100k per year for 20 years solely to demonstrate that he's made millions [plural] throughout his career. It's a safe bet that he's made quite a bit more than that.

Without even accounting for the rate of inflation over a 20 year period, if you think he was making anywhere near 100K anywhere prior to 2000 (being generous) you're dreaming.  

doublesteveburger

« Reply #51 on: December 29, 2012, 07:40:08 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
Send me some boards foolio...?!?
[close]

Brian Hoard is asking James Craig for free Dwindle boards on a public forum

u gotta luv sLaP
lifestyle hammer

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 383
« Reply #52 on: December 29, 2012, 11:43:10 AM »
Wasn't he supposed to put out a part with Thrasher in December?  What's up with that?

Fuck man. I know. It's like, when was the last time Daewon put out any footy? Can you say milking it? No wonder he lives in his car.

Particleboard Penguin

• Rep: 10
« Reply #53 on: December 29, 2012, 11:54:13 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Damn, you must live in a very expensive part of the country because I know of plenty of families that make it off of less than 40k a year, let alone 100k... You must have a pretty different definition of "barely making it" than me... I don't think that driving decent cars, having a nice house in the suburbs, shopping at wholefoods, and taking an annual vacation is "barely making it" Not saying that you're rich if you make 100-150k a year but if you're just "barely making it" off of that than it's probably got more to do with how you spend your money than your actual income itself. My parents combined make around 150k - pay my brother and sisters rent- and they're super straight - although they don't live a wealthy lifestyle, don't buy electronics, and don't shop at wholefoods.

But, I will admit I don't have a family to support of my own so my opinion on this matter probably doesn't hold as much weight as yours. I just find it ludicrous that so many Americans think that driving a decent car, living in the suburbs, buying electronics, shopping at wholefoods, etc is "barely making it"... That's super insulting to people who are actually barely making it.

Sleazy

• SLAP Pal
  • tiger style
« Reply #54 on: December 29, 2012, 12:37:50 PM »
Actually, Austin has one of the cheapest cost of living for cities w good economies.

and  I think you missed the 'middle class' qualification above. Drop below 100 and you will be barely making it at a middle class level. Point was that 100k is far from rich, not that there's a problem w families trying to make it work below middle class level. You do what you can with what you have.

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -936
  • I own Malibu? I am going to fuck you.
« Reply #55 on: December 29, 2012, 01:57:58 PM »
Particleboard penguin is right, Sleazy is an idiot.

Check the US census data here: http://quickfacts.census.gov/qfd/states/00000.html

and you'll find this:

Median household income definition and source info Median household income, 2007-2011    $52,762

Unless in the past year median household income has tripled, making 100-150K a year is making about 2-3X the median American income. That's median too, not mean too, So the outliers don't really affect the final number.

The fact is, if you make about $53K you are pretty much exactly in the middle.

People just tend to think that they are in the middle class no matter where they sit. I had students who had two parents working in sweatshops tell me that they were pretty sure they were middle class, and during the 2012 campaign Romney said if you make $250k a year you are middle class. Pretty much everybody who isn't homeless on the street or worth millions considers themselves middle class.

According to census facts though, making about $53k to support a family puts you dead in the middle of U.S. income earners, not $150k.
Are you a kook? If you would say this, the answer is “YES”
I quit skating for a time due to piling out

able

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 636
  • omm nom
    • able Skate Mag avatar image
« Reply #56 on: December 29, 2012, 02:04:28 PM »
I'm agreeing with the Gip
ableSkateMag.com

joebudden

• Rep: -51
« Reply #57 on: December 29, 2012, 03:03:16 PM »
I'm agreeing with the Gip

sleazy is on some supercrakkka BULLSHIT

100k barely making it lol

Sleazy

• SLAP Pal
  • tiger style
« Reply #58 on: December 29, 2012, 05:37:06 PM »
Particleboard penguin is right, Sleazy is an idiot.

Check the US census data here: http://quickfacts.census.gov/qfd/states/00000.html

and you'll find this:

Expand Quote
Median household income definition and source info Median household income, 2007-2011    $52,762
[close]

Unless in the past year median household income has tripled, making 100-150K a year is making about 2-3X the median American income. That's median too, not mean too, So the outliers don't really affect the final number.

The fact is, if you make about $53K you are pretty much exactly in the middle.

People just tend to think that they are in the middle class no matter where they sit. I had students who had two parents working in sweatshops tell me that they were pretty sure they were middle class, and during the 2012 campaign Romney said if you make $250k a year you are middle class. Pretty much everybody who isn't homeless on the street or worth millions considers themselves middle class.

According to census facts though, making about $53k to support a family puts you dead in the middle of U.S. income earners, not $150k.

obviously the boundary's are subjective and qualitative. it most certainly isn't quantitative and using median makes all kinds of implications that you don't want to make. really, 50% living middle class level or above in the US? you of all people think that wealth is that evenly distributed?

i'm sharing my opinion on it being a white collar, father of 3 who drives a mini van and lives in a middle class suburb.

and then of course there's wikipedia

Sociologist Leonard Beeghley identifies a male making $57,000 and a female making $40,000 with a combined households income of $97,000 as a typical middle-class family.

but i'm sure you know better gip being a history teacher\student

« Last Edit: December 29, 2012, 06:06:17 PM by Sleazy »

4LOM

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 161
« Reply #59 on: December 29, 2012, 07:56:57 PM »
income doesn't matter, everyone feels broke, some just have nicer things.