Author Topic: SLAP drummers  (Read 1205 times)

enzone

SLAP drummers
« on: December 13, 2012, 08:05:14 PM »
I recently bought a new set and wanted to hear from anyone who drums on SLAP to see what they have to contribute, e.g. setup, hardware, configuration, etc... please kook me hard if this has already been established in another thread, my apologies
« Last Edit: December 13, 2012, 08:06:56 PM by enzone »

augustmoon

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 794
Re: SLAP drummers
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2012, 08:26:15 PM »
i've mainly been focusing on synths and production these last few years, but I've been playing drums longer than i've been skating (25 or so years).  I personally like Ludwig, and don't really like to play anything else (just been my thing forever).  I've had a vintage 70's Ludwig for about 10 years now.  26 bass drum, 15 rack, 18 floor (had a 20 floor that I just sold a few months ago).  I also tend to use Sabian cymbals.  I really like the el Sabor series, but I beat the shit out of mine and they're all cracked.  Vater 5B sticks, nylon tip.  Hardware and pedals don't matter too much to me; I don't play super fast. 
Fuck brandon biebel... The lemon thrower

BRIX SKWIKZ

« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2012, 08:45:33 PM »
KEEP IT SIMPLE AND HIT IT HARD

enzone

« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2012, 09:47:32 PM »
i've mainly been focusing on synths and production these last few years, but I've been playing drums longer than i've been skating (25 or so years).  I personally like Ludwig, and don't really like to play anything else (just been my thing forever).  I've had a vintage 70's Ludwig for about 10 years now.  26 bass drum, 15 rack, 18 floor (had a 20 floor that I just sold a few months ago).  I also tend to use Sabian cymbals.  I really like the el Sabor series, but I beat the shit out of mine and they're all cracked.  Vater 5B sticks, nylon tip.  Hardware and pedals don't matter too much to me; I don't play super fast. 

damn that's whatsup.. like i said i just bought a new set.. tama silverstar.. kind of a w.e set but i think its good for my experience level and all that.. got a 22x18 bass, 14x5.5 snare, and 10, 12, 16 toms.. put some evans ec2's on the batter side and some g1's for the reso.. all zildjian cymbals.. 14 hi hats.. 16" z custom crash.. 20 zbt ride.. old ass 18" crash/ride.. and a 20" trash china which sounds great.. and all DW 3000 series hardware.. got a pork pie throne as well and i gotta say them making a quality product is an understatement.. never tried nylon tips but've always heard good things.. maybe ill try em out my next pair

Beer Keg Peg Leg

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -35
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2012, 11:52:29 PM »
i drum my dick on ur moms tits then i SPLASSSHHHHH

seamoose

• Rep: 12
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2012, 02:01:06 AM »

gutterhead.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -15
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2012, 03:51:32 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Never fails, I've been playing for more than half of my life.... which is actually only 11 years. I play a Tama Rockstar, 26 bass, 10,12,16 toms, and i use a 13 pearl piccolo snare. I set up with my mid and low tom both at floor level, kind of Bonham-esque. Iron Cobra bass pedal fer sure. Sabian cymbals, since i've cracked every single zildjian i ever owned. vic firth 5As, wood tip.

TomTom

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 71
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2012, 02:48:30 PM »
In the appartment I use an electronic roland.
For studio stuff i always loved my sonor set: classic 12",13",16" with a piccolo pearl brass 14"
Live i loved my pearl 10",12",14",16",22" (sometimes four sometimes three, sometimes two tomtoms) with my DW 14"x 6" snare.
All set ups i play with pearl hardware and a dw 5000 double pedal.
Love it. Been playing for about 20 something years.
For cymbals i use paiste, mainly because i got a semi endorsement deal and I live around the corner from the warehouse. I also love the fact that i can always get the exact same cymbal over and over and it will sound the same. Paiste line cymbals fast thin and full crashs, fast china and the exeption to the rule a zidjian earth ride.

able

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 636
  • omm nom
    • able Skate Mag avatar image
« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2012, 03:05:09 PM »

Never been a fan of this type of drumming, but to each his or her own.

Maybe I'm just showing my age, but to me the best kind of stuff is similar to what

can be heard here        @ :17 
ableSkateMag.com

BRIX SKWIKZ

« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2012, 03:14:40 PM »
 :D WTF IS THIS

BRIX SKWIKZ

« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2012, 03:20:48 PM »
HEY ABLE THATS COOL
CAN YOU NAMEDROP ME SOME FUNK BANDS YOU DIG PLEASE

starvingrobot

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 25
  • Keep It +
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2012, 03:22:19 PM »
Get FUCKED

Chris Hansen is back

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 781
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #12 on: December 29, 2012, 04:37:44 PM »
Obligatory:

Not all that clean, or technical, but there is something to be said for this kind of raw unfettered style.

edddiebyrne

« Reply #13 on: December 29, 2012, 10:00:41 PM »
got these yamahas from some dude on craigslist. they're the ones that were made in japan before the switch to china so they're solid. paiste cymbals. whatever sticks i find laying around. complex to play but simple sounding stuff>simple to play but complex sounding stuff

gutterhead.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -15
« Reply #14 on: December 30, 2012, 04:39:43 AM »

Moby Dick, 1:39:35 duuuuuuhhhhhhhhh