Author Topic: John Fitzgerald AWS life splicing  (Read 17821 times)

ROCKxADIO420

Re: John Fitzgerald AWS life splicing
« Reply #90 on: January 01, 2013, 08:26:07 PM »
right?

mattofallmatts

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -110
  • "I will not skateboard in the halls"
« Reply #91 on: January 01, 2013, 10:58:12 PM »
That nigga good. Face melter part.

stepfather666

« Reply #92 on: January 01, 2013, 11:17:52 PM »
This dudes style is incredible, i dont give a fuck that he didnt do a fliptrick.  I don't like that people are comparing him to forrest, dont get me wrong forrest kills it, but his style sucks and he looks like he's trying way too hard.

zoltan

« Reply #93 on: January 02, 2013, 12:21:34 AM »
Expand Quote
The little slappy to start his line, the 180 (halfcab) the hard way, the crappy rail combo that doesnt look good, ollieing over the back of the rail into the grind. I mean, he skates some big shit that looks sick but then hes got all those filler lines and then the trendy tricks. And then theres his whole workwear uniform that hes suddenly rocking. Its a bit much. He could be on foundation or something and that would make sense but not really workshop.

The workshop editing and the filming really bring it all together more than fitzgerald does. The filming on that first pool line is sick tho. Hes on the team, good for him, but nothing he does screams "legend in the making"

[close]
If you watch one in a million again, he rocks plain tees and dickies the whole time. I don't think any of that can be called "filler" either.

ehh he can charge big shit but that line at 3rd and army was pretty weak. its not hard to grind tall ledges.

SUPERNAUT

• Rep: -70
  • suck it
    • Max Hates Your Favorite Movies avatar image
« Reply #94 on: January 02, 2013, 12:51:37 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
The little slappy to start his line, the 180 (halfcab) the hard way, the crappy rail combo that doesnt look good, ollieing over the back of the rail into the grind. I mean, he skates some big shit that looks sick but then hes got all those filler lines and then the trendy tricks. And then theres his whole workwear uniform that hes suddenly rocking. Its a bit much. He could be on foundation or something and that would make sense but not really workshop.

The workshop editing and the filming really bring it all together more than fitzgerald does. The filming on that first pool line is sick tho. Hes on the team, good for him, but nothing he does screams "legend in the making"

[close]
If you watch one in a million again, he rocks plain tees and dickies the whole time. I don't think any of that can be called "filler" either.
[close]

ehh he can charge big shit but that line at 3rd and army was pretty weak. its not hard to grind tall ledges.
First of all, you're right; it's not hard to grind tall ledges, but it is hard to grind really tall ledges. That thing is damn near chest high! But more importantly, I've never seen anyone skate it that way and thinking differently is cool.

maxhatesyourfavoritemovies.blogspot.com

kools

• Rep: -45
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #95 on: January 02, 2013, 01:24:59 AM »
I like the frontside board down the rail where there are a whole bunch of people sitting in the back Of the star line truck watching.
Funny.
At first I thought it was his bros in the back of a pick up truck.

juuhnuuh

• Rep: -157
  • i love the 90's
« Reply #96 on: January 02, 2013, 04:56:31 AM »

isnt he on the dickies skate program (flow)

HeavyweightLurker

• Rep: -31
« Reply #97 on: January 02, 2013, 05:32:53 AM »
fucking shit this is an good part for an Am.
Keep in mind he also film for Vans?
i woud be happy if my fav Pro from Girl / Chocolate have an Part like this in pretty sweat... not only a handfull of single tricks.

I agree with all the people who said his skating remind to the young BA, but this is the best compliement you can give to someone.

He dont do flip tricks, but i dont care. I care about good lines and new not so often seen moves and cool basics.
If he choose to do a big frondboard down the set and not an nollie heelflip - the most important is he do it proper.
And he do it proper. I like it.

via

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 239
« Reply #98 on: January 02, 2013, 05:53:08 AM »
pseudo-intellectual idiot

Pot and kettle.

People are talking about Forrest because he made a public statement about Johns part, and it was mentioned in this thread.

Sometimes when people talk, they might not agree with all of your opinions. Try to stop crying about it.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2013, 07:51:05 AM by via »

Fenzadill

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 91
  • lemme get the 4 dollar one
« Reply #99 on: January 02, 2013, 07:42:02 AM »
Why do people say that wearing chinos or work clothes is a new trend? 
example. i cant cast a spelll or love potion on a girl and she falls total in love for me
but i can show a girl my tv youtube clip on my or her phone. but there's a difference ok

steenz

« Reply #100 on: January 02, 2013, 08:22:19 AM »
that was pretty boring to me. except the alley oop 5050 on that hubba

kools

• Rep: -45
« Reply #101 on: January 02, 2013, 09:04:26 AM »
Why do people say that wearing chinos or work clothes is a new trend? 

pretty much.
almost all skaters have been wearing a variation on this get up for the last 30 years.

Hatechild

« Reply #102 on: January 02, 2013, 10:39:02 AM »
He's a BA that can't skate switch. Sick none the less. The front board on the Sunset rainbow rail is no joke. Pretty much every skater who's spent anytime in LA has seen that rail and he's one of the first to step to it. (think Daniel Haney board slid it back in the day)

steenz

« Reply #103 on: January 02, 2013, 10:52:09 AM »
He's a BA that can't skate switch. Sick none the less. The front board on the Sunset rainbow rail is no joke. Pretty much every skater who's spent anytime in LA has seen that rail and he's one of the first to step to it. (think Daniel Haney board slid it back in the day)
no he's not BA so shut up

SUPERNAUT

• Rep: -70
  • suck it
    • Max Hates Your Favorite Movies avatar image
« Reply #104 on: January 02, 2013, 11:06:22 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Pot and kettle.

People are talking about Forrest because he made a public statement about Johns part, and it was mentioned in this thread.

Sometimes when people talk, they might not agree with all of your opinions. Try to stop crying about it.
Maybe if the pot was vastly smarter than the kettle lol.

You know damn well that even if forrest hadn't commented on that, people would still be talking about him in this thread.

This is how these forums work, one person says something and someone else responds with their opinion. I'm not going to stop crying about it, in fact I'm not even going to try to stop crying about. I'm going to spend all day boo-hooing.

maxhatesyourfavoritemovies.blogspot.com

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -936
  • I own Malibu? I am going to fuck you.
« Reply #105 on: January 02, 2013, 12:02:05 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Pot and kettle.

Really? He did. Wow. Forrest is one jealous pile of trash. Clearly he hasn't changed and will deservedly remain in the sponsorship purgatory he is in. Who wants that on their team? I can imagine him at the premiere of a teams video talking shit on the ender part because it wasn't him.
  Here I figured it was just a bunch of people who were being sour grapes about John because so many of them said something along the lines of "Let's see where John and Forrest are in a year..." after OIAM believing John was the wrong pick.
Are you a kook? If you would say this, the answer is “YES”
I quit skating for a time due to piling out

via

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 239
« Reply #106 on: January 02, 2013, 12:09:32 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Pot and kettle.

[close]
Really? He did. Wow. Forrest is one jealous pile of trash. Clearly he hasn't changed and will deservedly remain in the sponsorship purgatory he is in. Who wants that on their team? I can imagine him at the premiere of a teams video talking shit on the ender part because it wasn't him.
  Here I figured it was just a bunch of people who were being sour grapes about John because so many of them said something along the lines of "Let's see where John and Forrest are in a year..." after OIAM believing John was the wrong pick.

He did say "but the skating was OK.", which is probably the closest he can get to paying a compliment, especially to John.

That's not really making much of a case for him, though.

Zurg

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 694
« Reply #107 on: January 02, 2013, 12:33:14 PM »
that was pretty sick, but i kinda agree that the videography pulled the weight in a sense. I think im just kinda bitter that they seemingly passed up boserio for this dude. i dont care if kooked it on tour, give him a mini uhaul to get pulled behind the van in or something

Mooley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 254
« Reply #108 on: January 02, 2013, 02:11:14 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

That was probably my favourite clip in there, after the half cab 50. You're crazy.

doomstation55

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 883
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • [b]TEAM DOOM MS 2018[/b] avatar image
« Reply #109 on: January 02, 2013, 04:31:35 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Pot and kettle.

[close]
[close]

He did say "but the skating was OK.", which is probably the closest he can get to paying a compliment, especially to John.

That's not really making much of a case for him, though.

Sooooo pretty much it should be ok for him to be a prick? It seems fairly obvious why he hasn't been picked up by anyone to be a part of the team, he's a complete cocksucker to anyone who doesn't share his philosophy when it comes to skateboarding. I wouldn't want to be on a team with someone like that, maybe he could get on a team where this doesn't matter but there aren't many out there like that.

McDuff

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 55
« Reply #110 on: January 02, 2013, 07:55:19 PM »
that was pretty sick, but i kinda agree that the videography pulled the weight in a sense. I think im just kinda bitter that they seemingly passed up boserio for this dude. i dont care if kooked it on tour, give him a mini uhaul to get pulled behind the van in or something

anyone care to elaborate? i cant help but think of the nick merlino/baker situation, but obv is boserio is still with aws, so it couldnt be that bad...

thugnificent

« Reply #111 on: January 02, 2013, 08:03:25 PM »
everyone here always complains saying how skaters are so politically correct and have no personality anymore, then complain when one actually says what they are thinking

ice nine

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -308
« Reply #112 on: January 02, 2013, 08:04:22 PM »
anyone read threads before posting anymore?

I;m sure i;m not the only dc/monster/subaru type guy here

ice nine

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -308
« Reply #113 on: January 02, 2013, 08:05:39 PM »
everyone here always complains saying how skaters are so politically correct and have no personality anymore, then complain when one actually says what they are thinking

what is this in relation to? did boserio say wat he was thinking in the van and now we hate him? what r u on?
I;m sure i;m not the only dc/monster/subaru type guy here

stupidfuckface

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 20
« Reply #114 on: January 02, 2013, 08:08:53 PM »
We should compare the Boserio and Fitz life splicings...

The kid skates fast, ill give him that, but  I can't see how he is AWS material..

And the BA lost and found footage kills.. This kid is no BA...
« Last Edit: January 02, 2013, 08:26:04 PM by stupidfuckface »

Iceman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 433
« Reply #115 on: January 02, 2013, 09:38:51 PM »
Between adding this dude and Bryce Golder, the AWS camp is blowin' it.

hamsledrop

• Rep: 0
« Reply #116 on: January 02, 2013, 09:58:06 PM »
dudes sick

crobar

• Rep: 26
« Reply #117 on: January 02, 2013, 10:09:45 PM »
nick fitzgerlad is way better than jon boserio

KOOL MIKE

« Reply #118 on: January 02, 2013, 10:20:41 PM »
you guys are such punk kids, fuck comparing this dude to some other dude or talkin about which clothes he wears. i think i'm just gonna stick with saying that this clip was enjoyable as hell.

The Ghost of Lenny Kirk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -146
« Reply #119 on: January 02, 2013, 10:38:03 PM »
What im saying is, dude should not be settling for less when he goes out and skates, just drop all the trendy shit and stop trying to fit in so goddamn hard. Its like hes not even trying. Hes clearly talented enough to be doing pinnacle shit, he doesnt need to be doing crappy combo grinds. The rainbow rail and his opening trick are his best tricks. Brand new spots next to no one skates and pinnacle looking shit. Pretty much all in LA where people say there isnt anything new to skate. Everybody else is going to be all bummed thinking "well i couldve skated that" but they didnt. and i like where hes going with that kinked curved hubba 50-50 he bails before his name appears. He has lots of good tricks in this.

Its just all the trendy/halfassed shit he needs to cut out. If youre just going to look around you and do what everyone else is doing then go to some other buttfuck company and do that. I just want to see him push himself more. Look at the team youre on: grant, jake, dylan, bledsoe, salazar, these dudes skate like themselves. Even terpenings is coming into his own with his whole, "im from the 80s, ive come to beanplant your tables." people wanna skate like those dude, not some guy who wants to button up his shirt all the way and is the 30th dude to ollie over a rail. If youre gonna ollie over a rail and be an am for that team find a kinked rail and ollie over the rail and past the kink and 5050 that shit. Blow peoples minds. Not this , "well its good enough" shit.