Author Topic: Battle at the Berrics 6  (Read 174280 times)

Chipper

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 14
Re: Battle at the Berrics 6
« Reply #540 on: February 25, 2013, 03:14:28 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I've noticed that star-huckers like Bastien or Nyjah don't really have a lot of pop, just good control when riding with full speed (to ollie out on a higher handrail). If I remember correctly neither of them ever filmed any trick over a picnic table on flat.
[close]

This is true.  Picnic tables are our only gauge of a skateboarder's pop, well that and a game of skate at The Berrics...
[close]

post a trick that proves me wrong or go suck a dick
[close]

[close]

wow, you are dumb. I mentioned Nyjah and Bastien and you give me PROs known for their pop... and Alex never once filmed anything over a picnic table?

needlejuice

• Rep: -101
« Reply #541 on: February 25, 2013, 03:49:41 PM »
Dudes, Carlos Ribiera is a fucking beast.  I love PJ's skating, but god damn Carlos makes that shit look better.  He does this switch tre with so much fucking pop and his nollie flip is the best nollie flip I think I have seen in my life.  Fucking amazing.  Watch this.

duded THIS. its so weird too because i always thought luan had the best nollie flips. and when luan entered the berrics for his first match everyone found out how much more of a technical monster he already showed he was thru footage, along with popping his tricks so high and catching them quick as fuck. I was really curious to see how ribeiro would match up. and jesus christ he got skunked but every one of his tricks looked 3-4 times better than pj's.

and why in the hell do people overhype bastian?? he used to be the best yes i know, but seriously dude has a weak switch arsenel and is no competition to all of the ledge technicians and crazy handrail pros of now. he did a lot better than i thought he would against moose, but then again he landed some tricks that he got realll lucky on. i really enjoy him as a person and character, it just seems like skating has kinda been on the back burner for awhile for him and the only tricks hes improved on are the ones he's always been good at. wheras we see other skaters like reynolds, koston, mariano keeping up and learning all the new crazy shit.

say what u want on the berrics and hate on the format and the trick naming, all u kooks dont need to be watching anyway. i might get upset when my dude loses or theres a bad call, but...

OVERALL i am always stoked to see pros and ams ive been watching for years kill the streets, and having the priviledge of seeing them display their flatground skills. it really is interesting if youre a skate nerd like me. that is what is important. i truly believe skateboarding talent, style and technique is important to be shown thru flat games of skate. it gives u more perspective on the skater's overall style and attitude, besides a video part with 30 3 second clips. yes the berrics has stupid shit but to really bash on the battles and interviews and completely disregard it is just plain ignorant, especially if youre passionately interested in the sport. the overall reason we watch is to appreciate the art, and this is the artists we love at their most basic form. id love to see most any of my fav skaters skate flatground and if ur not a cali local, you often dont get that chance.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2013, 04:32:42 PM by needlejuice »
try to remember, forget

ben shraider

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -264
« Reply #542 on: February 25, 2013, 04:12:09 PM »

and why in the hell do people overhype bastian?? he used to be the best yes i know, but seriously dude has a weak switch arsenel and is no competition to all of the ledge technicians and crazy handrail pros of now. he did a lot better than i thought he would against moose, but then again he landed some tricks that he got realll lucky on. i really enjoy him as a person and character, it just seems like skating has kinda been on the back burner for awhile for him and the only tricks hes improved on are the ones he's always been good at. wheras we see other skaters like reynolds, koston, mariano keeping up and learning all the new crazy shit.
[/quote]

Dude can do switch fs 360 heel so thats enough switch arsenal for me and yes he has a bad switch/nollie flip and frontside shit, but he fucking cab flips 10 stairs 1st try! His bag of tricks is a little on sided, but id rather see him do some crazy cab flip variations than every trick possible down some little stair set. Reynolds has been doing the same tricks for ever... and everybody loves him because of that.

witty pseudonym

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 42
« Reply #543 on: February 25, 2013, 04:22:10 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I've noticed that star-huckers like Bastien or Nyjah don't really have a lot of pop, just good control when riding with full speed (to ollie out on a higher handrail). If I remember correctly neither of them ever filmed any trick over a picnic table on flat.
[close]

This is true.  Picnic tables are our only gauge of a skateboarder's pop, well that and a game of skate at The Berrics...
[close]

[close]

[close]

wow, you are dumb. I mentioned Nyjah and Bastien and you give me PROs known for their pop... and Alex never once filmed anything over a picnic table?

You are slowly negating your own argument.  I am out of this conversation. 

Hatechild

« Reply #544 on: February 25, 2013, 04:38:48 PM »
Wow...Bastian is officially a looney. Other than Mo, Brazilians have the best flat ground in the game (Luan, Ribeiro, TX).

needlejuice

• Rep: -101
« Reply #545 on: February 25, 2013, 04:46:51 PM »

Dude can do switch fs 360 heel so thats enough switch arsenal for me and yes he has a bad switch/nollie flip and frontside shit, but he fucking cab flips 10 stairs 1st try! His bag of tricks is a little on sided, but id rather see him do some crazy cab flip variations than every trick possible down some little stair set. Reynolds has been doing the same tricks for ever... and everybody loves him because of that.
Expand Quote

say what you want but they put him street league, he did the same tricks which got him decent scores, then he kept doing the same shit and fell off towards the end. he came to the berrics and did the same shit with a little luck (besides the sw heel, he shulda had that) and got stomped out by an insane up and comer like moose. had ribeiro, trent mcclung, ishod wair, morgan smith, torey etc played him the outcome would be the same. he doesnt hold a candle to these new dudes in terms of trick progression and the amount of tricks they have on lock. yes i appreciate bastians skating and it's beautiful to watch because he has perfected those few tricks to the point where they all pop high and are super clean, but there is a reason he isnt getting sponsored and endorsed fully by companies despite him being in st league and the berrics
[close]
« Last Edit: February 25, 2013, 04:48:40 PM by needlejuice »
try to remember, forget

Cooner66

• Rep: -47
« Reply #546 on: February 25, 2013, 04:50:15 PM »
damn, PJ almost started trying... not. guys such a beast! carlos' pop was cool, but these whole tournament things are seriously a joke for PJ. Wouldnt be surprised at all if he won this again. Only thing that bums me out about these games are the specific match ups, its always someone who i'd like to see more games from vs a robot.. thats jus how the cookie crumbles though.. don't even kno who else is in this one but im rooting for PJ... ps nice new balence shoes bra

L33Tg33k

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 736
  • F.A.P. - Forever Alone Party
« Reply #547 on: February 25, 2013, 05:41:29 PM »

[/quote]

Let's go over how stupid a statement that is. Yes Reynolds is best known for his fs flip, but he has literally every other trick under the sun and has documented proof of him doing them. When I think of Reynolds, I think of a litany of tricks he seems to have on lock. The Boss is nowhere near limited in bag of tricks. I want you to think of all the other tricks he's known for besides the fs flip, and if you're not amazed by the variety of his selection, then you need a Reynolds refresher course.
Before you say the music sucked, have you considered shutting the fuck up?

heckler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #548 on: February 25, 2013, 05:59:05 PM »
I think it's weird when people hold not skating switch against someone. I've never watched a video part and had my experience jaded because the person didn't skate switch. I hardly notice it.
Ha SLAP's resident libtard and NY pro cocksucker.

ben shraider

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #549 on: February 25, 2013, 06:13:26 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Let's go over how stupid a statement that is. Yes Reynolds is best known for his fs flip, but he has literally every other trick under the sun and has documented proof of him doing them. When I think of Reynolds, I think of a litany of tricks he seems to have on lock. The Boss is nowhere near limited in bag of tricks. I want you to think of all the other tricks he's known for besides the fs flip, and if you're not amazed by the variety of his selection, then you need a Reynolds refresher course.
[/quote]
He sure does have a big bag of tricks, but i haven't seen him trying to expand it lately, but rather just concentrate on the ones he does best.

shit_for_brains

« Reply #550 on: February 25, 2013, 08:03:53 PM »
I think it's weird when people hold not skating switch against someone. I've never watched a video part and had my experience jaded because the person didn't skate switch. I hardly notice it.

People say that without remembering that Heath Kirchart went most of his career with strictly his left foot on the tail.

DBrown901

« Reply #551 on: February 25, 2013, 08:11:12 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Hahaha Carlos looks so just dumb, or college-movie stoner :D And his style is out of this world! Kinda thought he would do a lot better, but i guess it's not that easy when playing against pj. I love skating and watching other people skate in loose trucks, but he definately would have prevented some wheelbites if he had had them a bit tighter, and probably would have done a lot better. Does anybody think that some pros actually would tighten their trucks before these games?
[close]

[close]

Haha i think this was the second time i got this response for my comment in a week or something :D And all of what i said was true
No, it wasn't. You're an idiot, kid. It amazes me that people haven't kooked you(and myself) into nonexistence.

poopnutsupreme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 494
« Reply #552 on: February 25, 2013, 08:19:05 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

He sure does have a big bag of tricks, but i haven't seen him trying to expand it lately, but rather just concentrate on the ones he does best.
[/quote]
I don't get it are you trying to say you are unimpressed? Dude is approaching his mid thirties and still killing it harder then you ever will. I hate you.
Any dude that hates on roller hockey hasn't played, and likely haven't played a sport in their entire life.

ben shraider

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #553 on: February 25, 2013, 08:25:44 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Hahaha Carlos looks so just dumb, or college-movie stoner :D And his style is out of this world! Kinda thought he would do a lot better, but i guess it's not that easy when playing against pj. I love skating and watching other people skate in loose trucks, but he definately would have prevented some wheelbites if he had had them a bit tighter, and probably would have done a lot better. Does anybody think that some pros actually would tighten their trucks before these games?
[close]

[close]

Haha i think this was the second time i got this response for my comment in a week or something :D And all of what i said was true
[close]
No, it wasn't. You're an idiot, kid. It amazes me that people haven't kooked you(and myself) into nonexistence.

His has a funny person look on his face during the interviews. true. He has the most amazing style. true. I thought he was more consistant on flat. true. Having tight enough trucks to prevent wheelbites helps your consistancy especially on flatground. true. all of it was true everybody else is just stupid :D

thugnificent

« Reply #554 on: February 25, 2013, 08:27:53 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[/quote]

heelflip back tail, fakie varial heel, fakie flip boardslide, fakie heel noseslide and noseslide 270 out are pretty good examples of him expanding his vast trick selection lately

NowhereInLife

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 20
« Reply #555 on: February 25, 2013, 08:32:58 PM »
there aren't many who can match a full cab double flip and do it better.

ben shraider

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #556 on: February 25, 2013, 08:35:50 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]
I don't get it are you trying to say you are unimpressed? Dude is approaching his mid thirties and still killing it harder then you ever will. I hate you.
[/quote]

Definately not unimpressed. He is one of my favorite skaters of all time and continues to amaze me. I was just saying that like bastian, he has concentrated on some of his signature moves, making them perfect and I enjoy watching those tricks no matter how many times they will be put out. I will always be stoked on a reynolds frontside flip or varial heel, and Bastiens fullcab doubleflip. That is why the first comment in this stupid argument thing was wrong. Bastien doesn't need to learn every fuckin trick the kids do, as long as he keeps amazing everybody with his old ones.

Pavementi

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -146
  • Fuck it
« Reply #557 on: February 25, 2013, 08:40:37 PM »
Wow...Bastian is officially a looney. Other than Mo, Brazilians Busenitz has the best flat ground in the game (Luan, Ribeiro, TX).
Like Daewon said: if skateboarding is a ten story building, Rodney is on eleventh floor.

johntsunami

• Rep: -39
« Reply #558 on: February 25, 2013, 10:39:44 PM »
Expand Quote
Wow...Bastian is officially a looney. Other than Mo, Brazilians Busenitz has the best flat ground in the game (Luan, Ribeiro, TX).
[close]

ehhhhh....a-

SheepShagger

« Reply #559 on: February 25, 2013, 10:42:43 PM »

Bastien rips. Skates fast.  Doing every trick is not necessary, he knows his strengths. Switch is boring. Last trick is fucking beautiful!
« Last Edit: February 25, 2013, 10:48:58 PM by SheepShagger »

« Reply #560 on: February 26, 2013, 12:01:38 AM »
Carlos is the best thing to happen in this berries yet.   That dude is the best. Amazing.

PJ is boring as FUCK. Slow. No pop.  That brick harbour thing was awesome but watching him at the berries is paint drying shit.

Bastien is crazy ( French)

Moose fucking rips!!!

KoRnholio8

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1525
  • SkateMagArchive
    • SkateMagArchive avatar image
« Reply #561 on: February 26, 2013, 02:30:03 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

dude, you sarcasm detector is broken. alex filmed plenty over/on picnic tables, therefore invalidating your stupid response.

mareo

• Rep: -342
« Reply #562 on: February 26, 2013, 03:30:55 AM »
Carlos is the best thing to happen in this berries yet.   That dude is the best. Amazing.

PJ is boring as FUCK. Slow. No pop.  That brick harbour thing was awesome but watching him at the berries is paint drying shit.

Moose fucking rips!!!

You just went full person.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2020, 01:58:46 AM by pamacado »

Quote from: I sniff my own butthole all the time
2nd vote would be for PJ. sometimes it is a fine command of the english language to say nothing and he extended that to skating. PJ's plan B part is the emperor's new clothes.

Cosme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 509
« Reply #563 on: February 26, 2013, 04:33:35 AM »

heckler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
« Reply #564 on: February 26, 2013, 07:44:59 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

dude, you sarcasm detector is broken. alex filmed plenty over/on picnic tables, therefore invalidating my stupid argument
Ha SLAP's resident libtard and NY pro cocksucker.

Mommy, Shane O'Neil stole the Butter

• Rep: -34
« Reply #565 on: February 26, 2013, 12:51:53 PM »
The second that Riberio dude landed that nollie flip I had to replay it at least 5 times. The way he floated and stomped it..  :o

« Reply #566 on: February 26, 2013, 03:35:38 PM »
Expand Quote
Carlos is the best thing to happen in this berries yet.?  ? That dude is the best. Amazing.

PJ is boring as FUCK. Slow. No pop.?  That brick harbour thing was awesome but watching him at the berries is paint drying shit.

Moose fucking rips!!!
[close]

You just went full person nigga

totes but flat ground and NY are a bit different.  PJ IS BPRING AS FUCK.                                   

poopnutsupreme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 494
« Reply #567 on: February 26, 2013, 04:05:11 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Carlos is the best thing to happen in this berries yet.?  ? That dude is the best. Amazing.

PJ is boring as FUCK. Slow. No pop.?  That brick harbour thing was awesome but watching him at the berries is paint drying shit.

Moose fucking rips!!!
[close]

You just went full person nigga
[close]

totes but flat ground and NY are a bit different.  PJ IS BPRING AS FUCK.                                   
Backing it. PJ is definitely bpring as fuck.
Any dude that hates on roller hockey hasn't played, and likely haven't played a sport in their entire life.

landCow

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 91
« Reply #568 on: February 26, 2013, 05:04:28 PM »
agreed. I haven't enjoyed anything from him since Wonderful Horrible Life.

johnnymousedoom

• Rep: -21
  • skateBOARd
« Reply #569 on: February 26, 2013, 05:16:30 PM »
The second that Riberio dude landed that nollie flip I had to replay it at least 5 times. The way he floated and stomped it..  :o
sometimes skateboarding is so homoerotic, i love it
I skateboard, fuck da poleeeeece