Author Topic: Skaters that a lot of people like but you don't  (Read 21666 times)

scribbles

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 2
Re: Skaters that a lot of people like but you don't
« Reply #120 on: January 23, 2013, 12:45:25 PM »
Mike Mo, Chris Cole, P-Rod, Leo, Furby, Forrest Edwards, Mike Taylor, Theotis...and I am really sorry to say Tom Penny.
Forgot Terry Kennedy...fucking hate that guy.

Berky

• Rep: -19
« Reply #121 on: January 23, 2013, 12:49:41 PM »
Mike Mo, Chris Cole, P-Rod, Leo, Furby, Forrest Edwards, Mike Taylor, Theotis...and I am really sorry to say Tom Penny.
thats quite the list

GAY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3313
  • Those that SLAP, can't.
« Reply #122 on: January 23, 2013, 01:02:43 PM »
Gonz. Even when "Video Daze" came out I hated watching his part. I've always felt like he's the skateboard industry equivalent to pretty, rich girls who are surrounded by people who tell them that everything they do is so fuckin' great. He's unbearable to watch when not on a skateboard, and when he is on a skateboard he's...well, unbearable to watch. I don't deny that he is/was an innovator, but I've never enjoyed watching him ever anywhere.
And Leo Romero, while talented, comes across like such a Hollywood hipster douche-bag that I'm always bummed to see him in anything.

Merked

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -157
« Reply #123 on: January 23, 2013, 01:09:25 PM »
Gonz. Even when "Video Daze" came out I hated watching his part. I've always felt like he's the skateboard industry equivalent to pretty, rich girls who are surrounded by people who tell them that everything they do is so fuckin' great. He's unbearable to watch when not on a skateboard, and when he is on a skateboard he's...well, unbearable to watch. I don't deny that he is/was an innovator, but I've never enjoyed watching him ever anywhere.
And Leo Romero, while talented, comes across like such a Hollywood hipster douche-bag that I'm always bummed to see him in anything.

Interesting point.  I agree about the Leo part.  His skating is fucking unreal though to the point that I can mostly look past the hipster shit.  I also see your point with Gonz, but like on his board...  The way he just cruises back in the Video Days era always makes me appreciate him.  It may be alittle sloppy or gross, but he makes it look like he is having the best time in the world.  I like that.
I suck at SLAP.

steenz

« Reply #124 on: January 23, 2013, 01:12:44 PM »
those are all very talented skaters. i bet u like that faggot shit like magenta skatebords

scribbles

« Reply #125 on: January 23, 2013, 01:40:36 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
those are all very talented skaters. i bet u like that faggot shit like magenta skatebords

No one is saying they are not talented.
The title of the thread is "Skaters that a lot of people like but you don't"...not "Skaters that a lot of people think are talented but you don't"
I bet you like faggot shit like Plan B Skateboards.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2013, 02:02:26 PM by scribbles »

GAY

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #126 on: January 23, 2013, 01:53:25 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Interesting point.  I agree about the Leo part.  His skating is fucking unreal though to the point that I can mostly look past the hipster shit.  I also see your point with Gonz, but like on his board...  The way he just cruises back in the Video Days era always makes me appreciate him.  It may be alittle sloppy or gross, but he makes it look like he is having the best time in the world.  I like that.

Yeah...I understand why Gonz is loved, but it's one of those things where I tried to make myself like it because everybody else did (oh yeah, I'm a bitch for peer pressure) but just never could. And I know it's always been regarded as a "fun" part, but a regular child might look like he's having a blast on a skateboard...I wouldn't want to watch it....wait...what the hell am I saying? Yes I would. Maybe I just canceled out my own opinion.

Iceman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 433
« Reply #127 on: January 23, 2013, 01:56:52 PM »
"Skaters that a lot of people like but you don't" I don't feel like writing a novel.

If this thread were titled "Which skateboarders do you actually like" then I would list a few names.

steenz

« Reply #128 on: January 23, 2013, 02:32:54 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

The title of the thread is "Skaters that a lot of people like but you don't"...not "Skaters that a lot of people think are talented but you don't"
I do. P-Rod is one of my favorite skaters. im just saying ur still a faggot

GAY

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #129 on: January 23, 2013, 02:36:02 PM »
"Skaters that a lot of people like but you don't" I don't feel like writing a novel.

If this thread were titled "Which skateboarders do you actually like" then I would list a few names.

Hmm...what if it were named "Girls with big titties who like to have penises between them"?

scribbles

« Reply #130 on: January 23, 2013, 02:51:21 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]
I do. P-Rod is one of my favorite skaters. im just saying ur still a faggot

nuff said

360 frip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -65504
  • -65 G 4 RYFE
« Reply #131 on: January 23, 2013, 04:20:09 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
All the DGK dudes, with the exception of Desarmo
[close]

Same here, wades part was the only thing worth a damn. Also Corey duffel, he was cool when I was 16, but 10 years later, not so much.
[close]
Just not into those Trashy Niggas eh?
[close]

My Mum DGK has been blowing it for like 5 years.olds.

[close]

I want to say something about your mom and blowing but Im not going to

Yep. Dropping one of the best skate flicks of 2012 was a real low point for me.

Does your mum like kids?
« Last Edit: January 23, 2013, 04:25:19 PM by 360 frip »
"I DON'T WANT TO BELONG TO ANY CLUB THAT WILL ACCEPT PEOPLE LIKE ME AS A MEMBER." Groucho

"Sorry 360 frip, you are banned from using this forum!" HATE

Merked

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -157
« Reply #132 on: January 23, 2013, 05:03:38 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Yeah...I understand why Gonz is loved, but it's one of those things where I tried to make myself like it because everybody else did (oh yeah, I'm a bitch for peer pressure) but just never could. And I know it's always been regarded as a "fun" part, but a regular child might look like he's having a blast on a skateboard...I wouldn't want to watch it....wait...what the hell am I saying? Yes I would. Maybe I just canceled out my own opinion.

Lol.  Thank you for that.
I suck at SLAP.

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -936
  • I own Malibu? I am going to fuck you.
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #133 on: January 23, 2013, 05:07:51 PM »
never got the Lennie Kirk thing either and usually I love crazy people.

Does not compute. How can you love crazy people and not think Lennie is the best? That's like saying "I like steak but I hate filet mignon."  Lennie Kirk is the fucking filet mignon of crazy people! Also, have you seen timecode? His part could be the best overall video part ever between his hubba shit and the jesus imagery! Be you I guess, but that opinion just confuses me.

And Penny is clearly an era thing. If I grew up 10 years later and associated Penny with just his new shit I might not get it either.

The thing about Gonz is that I'm pretty sure his skating has always been done in a way that is supposed to annoy 90% of skaters while giving the other 10% boners, but there's an "emperor's new clothes" type thing with him where a lot of people pretend to see it.

Oh, and regular skateboarders? This might be wrong but:
We are The Skate Connection
oh and another one:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=hsW2BA2RgIk
Are you a kook? If you would say this, the answer is “YES”
I quit skating for a time due to piling out

iLuhTahGOLF

« Reply #134 on: January 23, 2013, 05:15:35 PM »
Gino.

GAY

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #135 on: January 23, 2013, 05:24:28 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Does not compute. How can you love crazy people and not think Lennie is the best? That's like saying "I like steak but I hate filet mignon."  Lennie Kirk is the fucking filet mignon of crazy people! Also, have you seen timecode? His part could be the best overall video part ever between his hubba shit and the jesus imagery! Be you I guess, but that opinion just confuses me.

And Penny is clearly an era thing. If I grew up 10 years later and associated Penny with just his new shit I might not get it either.

The thing about Gonz is that I'm pretty sure his skating has always been done in a way that is supposed to annoy 90% of skaters while giving the other 10% boners, but there's an "emperor's new clothes" type thing with him where a lot of people pretend to see it.

Oh, and regular skateboarders? This might be wrong but:
oh and another one:

Well played, good sir. Very well played. Who knew that a regular skateboarder would someday run his own suspiciously named company? Not this queer, no sir.

MeanestCleanestPenis

• Rep: 40
« Reply #136 on: January 23, 2013, 05:40:04 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

oh and another one:

I guess I should say I don't like his skating and I have watched that part a few times to try to understand what people are getting at. I can appreciate the difficulty for the time but not that aggressive tweaked-out style.

However, I did love the stories told about him in that epic'ly later'd and the way the part was presented.

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1957
« Reply #137 on: January 23, 2013, 07:59:02 PM »
I never understood why Antwuan Dixon's sponsors thought he was worth keeping around. His footage was good, but it wasn't THAT good.

wildbillhiccup

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -76
  • JACKASS
« Reply #138 on: January 23, 2013, 09:13:30 PM »
clark hassler, chris haslam, grant taylor

_aminal

• Rep: -8
  • win some, lose most.
« Reply #139 on: January 23, 2013, 09:31:32 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
All the DGK dudes, with the exception of Desarmo
[close]

Same here, wades part was the only thing worth a damn. Also Corey duffel, he was cool when I was 16, but 10 years later, not so much.
[close]
Just not into those Trashy Niggas eh?
[close]

My Mum DGK has been blowing it for like 5 years.olds.

[close]

I want to say something about your mom and blowing but Im not going to
[close]

Yep. Dropping one of the best skate flicks of 2012 was a real low point for me.

Does your mum like kids?

nah my mum is heavy into cunts

was the dgk video really that good? methinks not.

was i psyched on a couple parts?

true indeed

have they been cornballing it since before the purple drink graphic?

you bet yr sweet ass.

Ed's impossibles are like gonzs kickflips....

cornyindiandoctor

• Rep: -10
« Reply #140 on: January 23, 2013, 09:46:07 PM »
I dont like dylan reider he is neither hesh nor hip hop nor is he a legend he just dosent really fit in.
Your mother has a serious condition...

WeirdBeach

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 14
« Reply #141 on: January 23, 2013, 10:56:16 PM »
clark hassler, chris haslam, grant taylor
Grant Taylor? Really? damn dude. why dont you like him? I'm not trying to start shit or anything, im just interested in hearing your opinion.

The Human Condom

• Rep: 45
  • Free condoms! Free condoms from The Human Condom.
    • : /skeɪt/ avatar image
« Reply #142 on: January 23, 2013, 11:09:25 PM »
« Last Edit: January 23, 2013, 11:13:40 PM by The Human Condom »

era

« Reply #143 on: January 24, 2013, 12:20:35 AM »
Busenitz

KillerStokagebroface

• Rep: -21
« Reply #144 on: January 24, 2013, 12:50:44 AM »
http://

oldgoodburger

« Reply #145 on: January 24, 2013, 01:10:24 AM »
I never understood why Antwuan Dixon's sponsors thought he was worth keeping around. His footage was good, but it wasn't THAT good.
I feel like they saw a talent that could/would evolve so they better scoop him up before somebody else did but then he never really took it that serious and by that time he was already kinda "in"... And now it's like, I doubt LE is going to lead to him to big things.... just a theory

360 frip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -65504
  • -65 G 4 RYFE
« Reply #146 on: January 24, 2013, 01:41:46 AM »
Reynolds is not a big fave. He seemed to have way better style around The End era.

I also don't really like Buzenitz's style.

I know they're both amazing, it just doesn't look so great to me. Sorry!

I find it hard to watch that Neen kid. Worst crouched landings.

"I DON'T WANT TO BELONG TO ANY CLUB THAT WILL ACCEPT PEOPLE LIKE ME AS A MEMBER." Groucho

"Sorry 360 frip, you are banned from using this forum!" HATE

ben shraider

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -264
« Reply #147 on: January 24, 2013, 07:08:43 AM »
Don't like P-rod, cause I can usually predict 99% of the tricks he is gonna do, since he always does the same things. Like in the creative or whatever best trick section in streetleague he tried to switch back tail heelflip out at every fuckin stop. always the same thing. the lack of creativity is just amazing with this dude. Also Danny way and colin mcennedy both seem kinda weird and annoy me for some reason.. only their talking thou, nothin bad to say about their skateboarding. And i don't like the new penny either. He used to have the best style and tricks, but now he just seems so weird and i don't have anything against weird but it looks like he is just trying to be as weird as possible. Oh yeah Theotis beasly is the most annoying fake dude i can think of, with also sketchy and bad style. Can't stand the cheesy rap song grammar.

Dishonest John

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 92
  • Nya Ah Ahh!
« Reply #148 on: January 24, 2013, 07:34:50 AM »

I?ve heard people call Plan B jockish or jock like. How do you feel about that?
Well, I don?t think any of the guys on our team have any animosity towards anyone thinking that they are completely committed to skateboarding. As far as jockish, what, like Torey and P-Rod and PJ [Ladd]? Those guys aren?t too jockish to me. Maybe Sheckler gets that kinda identity cause his shirt comes off occasionally but he?s the only dude on our team that I could potentially see anyone saying that about. But you hang out with the guy for an hour and go skate with him, that?s the furthest thing from who he is. I think we cover a lot of bases in skateboarding, each guy brings something unique to the table and I don?t think anyone on our team?s personality or image is beyond what I would call, 100% authentically committed to skateboarding.

Eric Johnson

• Rep: -1
« Reply #149 on: January 24, 2013, 08:36:28 AM »
The DC super team sucks balls.