Author Topic: Post UPCOMING/RECENT NIKE SB shoe releases thread  (Read 2375378 times)

Joe Davola, spacial_profiling and 6 Guests are viewing this topic.

coneklr

Re: Post UPCOMING/RECENT NIKE SB shoe releases thread
« Reply #12120 on: February 10, 2021, 11:19:22 AM »
Those are fucking great and it pains me to know that no skaters who'd actually appreciate those will be able to get a pair.  Like, the shoe is made for skaters in the first place so it's already bad enough but the fact it's a VX colorway is a double punch in the dick.

Space Monkey

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 35
« Reply #12121 on: February 10, 2021, 11:41:13 AM »
Fuck Nike for doing this. Those shoes will be going for at least 4x original price seconds after they drop. A colorway that is most meaningful to skaters (besides black and white) will end up in the hands of hype beasts to sit in a box.

The Scuba Steve Accel looked better anyways.

Halwilkerson

• Rep: 0
« Reply #12122 on: February 10, 2021, 11:42:14 AM »

Vx1000 inspired orange label dunk. US release cancelled again however
Mikey Taylor really did just tweet through 2020

stets

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Rep: 106
« Reply #12123 on: February 10, 2021, 01:55:57 PM »
eS did that VX shit first, and they did it better. My cousin had the vulc version of the Scuba VX Accel, was envious back then!
Quote from: augustmoon
lol, don't let my sticker job keep you up at night, buddy

Watson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2231
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #12124 on: February 10, 2021, 02:53:42 PM »
This is the craziest thread on Slap. Every single Dunk colour: "Too bad no one who skates will get these. I hate Nike for making these so hard to get. I really want some Dunks."

You guys are aware that the hype behind Dunks is a lot of the reason you want them so bad right? Before this current hype cycle our shop was putting Dunks on the sale rack and quit ordering them because of that.

hobochimp

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 277
« Reply #12125 on: February 10, 2021, 03:42:54 PM »
This is the craziest thread on Slap. Every single Dunk colour: "Too bad no one who skates will get these. I hate Nike for making these so hard to get. I really want some Dunks."

You guys are aware that the hype behind Dunks is a lot of the reason you want them so bad right? Before this current hype cycle our shop was putting Dunks on the sale rack and quit ordering them because of that.

Some of us have been buying dunks before the current hype. But yes there are a lot of bandwagoners

Surf The Earth

• Rep: 19
« Reply #12126 on: February 10, 2021, 03:45:21 PM »

I think this is a spot on critique for sure. (in the realm of "only skaters should wear Thrasher", while wearing Carharrt, and Harley shirts to their job at a coffee shop that they uber to). I personally haven't wanted  Dunks Since the early John Motta days. I do however think it's a bit different when it comes to Collabs with skate companies, or inspired by things like the VX. Those are factors that may also increase a skaters desire to really want a pair. As far as Travis Scott goes I could care less.
Proverbs 27:17

Urtripping

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 523
« Reply #12127 on: February 10, 2021, 06:55:09 PM »

Bold clam, Watson, but you have a point. Before this year, I hadn't skated dunks since 2009.

At least Nike gets them in shops. This was semi recently discussed, but local raffles at shops improve skaters' chances at getting them in my experience.

They hype does crazy things to the brain. I felt some serious guilt skating some I got this summer knowing I could have flipped em. Felt like I'd made a poor financial decision, probably because I did lol.

At least they weren't those wacky ben and Jerry ones. I tried to get em but they were just gonna end up being an extra 2 grand to me, not skate shoes.
I saw your mommy and your mommy's dead

jay_nev

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #12128 on: February 10, 2021, 07:17:34 PM »
I throw my hat in the ring for raffles at my local. Got the wheats from them and have been wearing them this week. Crazy stiff at first but they’re breaking in. Haven’t had a new pair of SB dunks in what seems like forever.

They just put up the acg pair up for raffle, obviously shipment was delayed, but hoping for the best bc I did that colorway.

hobochimp

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 277
« Reply #12129 on: February 10, 2021, 08:04:56 PM »
I just watched some Lewis Marnell footage and Nothing but the Truth and it just made me want more dunks. Would love to see Nike re-issue some more color ways and do some retro models. Air classic sbs would be great

Watson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2231
« Reply #12130 on: February 10, 2021, 08:39:53 PM »
Yeah I was buying and skating Dunks as far back as 2003, but that doesn't change the fact that people want them extra now because they're hard to get. I just don't see what the point of complaining about it anymore is. Nike knows exactly what they're doing and it's working better than it ever has before. There are other shoes out there as good as or better than Dunks that you don't have to enter a raffle for and also come out in colours that aren't ugly as fuck.

I'm not hating on anyone for wanting Dunks or wanting to skate in them. It just makes no point to complain about them. They're hard to get because everyone wants them, including you. So just find a different shoe.

Turtle Boy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 171
« Reply #12131 on: February 11, 2021, 12:52:31 AM »

This, I had tons of Dunks for cheap from 2014 to 2017. Now i'm getting a lot of blazers for cheap because the hype is still low in Europe on those.

You guys should try other things. It's never been so easy to find good shoes for cheap. Soletec, vans, New balance, Proper, adidas, Reebok, Puma, Asics, lakai (XLK) have all some good and well designed (depending on your taste) cupsole models that you can find easily and for cheap. Of course those models aren't over your instagram feed all day to brainwash you into thinking it's the Best shoe...

truthislie

• Rep: 56
« Reply #12132 on: February 11, 2021, 02:34:26 AM »
The last dunk colorway I skated was a nice simple black one with a white swoosh and my local had to order them extra for me because they didn´t carry them at that point. Now I´m very happy to skate NB cupsoles but have won two raffles for dunks which I both immediatly flipped. So I m not mad at the hype at all - made some nice money off of people paying stupid amounts for it.

Urtripping

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 523
« Reply #12133 on: February 11, 2021, 05:39:58 AM »
Yeah I was buying and skating Dunks as far back as 2003, but that doesn't change the fact that people want them extra now because they're hard to get. I just don't see what the point of complaining about it anymore is. Nike knows exactly what they're doing and it's working better than it ever has before. There are other shoes out there as good as or better than Dunks that you don't have to enter a raffle for and also come out in colours that aren't ugly as fuck.

I'm not hating on anyone for wanting Dunks or wanting to skate in them. It just makes no point to complain about them. They're hard to get because everyone wants them, including you. So just find a different shoe.

Watson, your age is showing...

Just kidding, and like you I have moved on from dunks. Was completely sucked into the hype over the summer and played the lottery on lots of pairs, and I found it pretty exhausting.

I collect sneakers outside of buying normal skate shoes, so I'm no stranger to keeping an ear to the ground for releases, but I had to invest more time and energy into getting dunks this year than I was comfortable with.

Faithful NB# convert nowadays, but I'll also scoop any cheap pair of Jordan 1's I can find for skating.
I saw your mommy and your mommy's dead

eSK3

« Reply #12134 on: February 11, 2021, 06:36:34 AM »

Faithful NB# convert nowadays, but I'll also scoop any cheap pair of Jordan 1's I can find for skating.

Same!

Halwilkerson

• Rep: 0
« Reply #12135 on: February 11, 2021, 09:10:16 AM »
Think I’m done trying to get dunks to skate at this point. Wanted them cause there the closest thing to accels with out the insanely puffy tongue. Seeing them use the scuba colorway is lame even if scuba Steve is with Nike it’s like if es put a pidgeon on the back on an accel. They will probably be just as easy to get as the originals too.
Mikey Taylor really did just tweet through 2020

concerned_parent

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 283
« Reply #12136 on: February 11, 2021, 09:18:30 AM »
I'LL SAY THIS

I HAD THESE JOINTS IN 2007 FROM THE NIKE OUTLET FOR $19.99

THEY SUCKED

good come sausage

ungzilla

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 983
« Reply #12137 on: February 11, 2021, 09:49:10 AM »
dad stop yelling

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1042
  • Slap's Resident Sneakerhead
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #12138 on: February 11, 2021, 06:39:31 PM »
Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.
Tate is one of the best posters that's not me

Youoverthere

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 165
« Reply #12139 on: February 12, 2021, 06:17:42 AM »
Think I’m done trying to get dunks to skate at this point. Wanted them cause there the closest thing to accels with out the insanely puffy tongue. Seeing them use the scuba colorway is lame even if scuba Steve is with Nike it’s like if es put a pidgeon on the back on an accel. They will probably be just as easy to get as the originals too.
you know there’s a slim version of the accels with a smaller tongue.

it must be crazy when chico sells you something and the tables switch from "give me my money chico" to "giving my money to chico"

jerrygurneyscream

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 130
« Reply #12140 on: February 12, 2021, 08:06:02 AM »
Expand Quote

Vx1000 inspired orange label dunk. US release cancelled again however
[close]

Tiffany heel tab looks like ass, where the hell is that color on a Vx1000.

HaveFunSkateboarding

• Rep: 20
« Reply #12141 on: February 12, 2021, 08:27:51 AM »
I'LL SAY THIS

I HAD THESE JOINTS IN 2007 FROM THE NIKE OUTLET FOR $19.99

THEY SUCKED

I actually won a pair of that exact pair of Dunks from Slap magazine when they ran a contest. I don’t even remember what the contest was, it was some type of trivia. I was hyped to have my name printed in the mag more than getting the shoes. I did like the shoes a lot though.

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1042
  • Slap's Resident Sneakerhead
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #12142 on: February 13, 2021, 01:22:17 AM »
In-hand
Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.
Tate is one of the best posters that's not me

Roy Machine

• Rep: -5
« Reply #12143 on: February 13, 2021, 01:29:42 AM »
In-hand

Sorry to say that but if you like these you are probably 12 or delusional.  :-X

GuessAgain?

• Rep: 56
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #12144 on: February 13, 2021, 05:18:19 AM »
In-hand

Sadly where about 80% of these shoes will stay...

burm

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 134
« Reply #12145 on: February 13, 2021, 08:38:02 AM »
That text all over them is a bit much and reminiscent of off-whites or whatever, but the RCA eyelets made me smile as well as the big rec button on the sole

*edit. Although a bit wack that it’s mono
take what small comfort there may be left
seize what you love and damn all the rest

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 269
« Reply #12146 on: February 13, 2021, 09:34:51 AM »
That text all over them is a bit much and reminiscent of off-whites or whatever, but the RCA eyelets made me smile as well as the big rec button on the sole

*edit. Although a bit wack that it’s mono

I bet that text can be easily removed. 

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 36
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #12147 on: February 13, 2021, 10:04:56 AM »
Curious about those BLZR courts. Anybody tried them?
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

dogstarman

• Rep: 3
« Reply #12148 on: February 14, 2021, 12:10:18 PM »
Curious about those BLZR courts. Anybody tried them?

I got a pair a while ago for pretty cheap from somewhere online - honestly a pretty good shoe, but the thing really has like zero padding. i’ve been skating in cons and regular eras for a while so i don’t really mind but i can imagine people having a problem with the thinness of the shoe. so far feels pretty durable though, i like the funky hidden rubber toe cap thing even though it felt kinda strange at first when i was breaking them in.

BoxStuffer

• Rep: 114
« Reply #12149 on: February 16, 2021, 07:49:32 AM »
Enjoy your life.