Author Topic: Post UPCOMING/RECENT NIKE SB shoe releases thread  (Read 1786944 times)

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1175
  • Slap's Resident Sneakerhead
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.
Tate is one of the best posters that's not me

RossDailey

• Rep: -21
Re: Post UPCOMING/RECENT NIKE SB shoe releases thread
« Reply #12181 on: February 21, 2021, 10:07:15 PM »
Why are people complaining about a Nike shoe in the Nike thread

Because they're overhyped garbage

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.

jay_nev

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 246
« Reply #12183 on: February 22, 2021, 03:54:12 AM »
Supreme x Sb dunks this week. Going to be a shit show

arrbee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 192
« Reply #12184 on: February 22, 2021, 07:31:58 AM »

This week? I read the 4th.

hobochimp

• Rep: -1
« Reply #12185 on: February 22, 2021, 07:33:18 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Itís March 4th. Only at supreme and on their website. Bots only release I guess

hobochimp

« Reply #12186 on: February 22, 2021, 07:34:52 AM »
Stingwater x SB?
https://www.instagram.com/p/CLkxqSAhVn7/?igshid=1muol26mo8xkb

https://www.instagram.com/p/CLlTropl_FR/?igshid=ci3qjdp4l79k

On his ig vertgod is claiming they are customs made out of the Ben G dunks, but the sole and some other things donít really match up. Looks like heís trying to throw people off possibly

jay_nev

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #12187 on: February 22, 2021, 08:02:15 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
t

[close]

It’s March 4th. Only at supreme and on their website. Bots only release I guess
march 4 yup. Let me stay off slap before 7am

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal

one-off

• Rep: 31

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 443
« Reply #12190 on: February 22, 2021, 06:10:39 PM »

Are these the Uighur facial recognition dunks?

I love that your compassion for the uyghurs extends only as far as making a comment on a skateboard message board.  Itíd be too much to take any real action or donate to a cause supporting them, I get that.  Best stick to what youíre doing bc thatís really what will  bring change

ballintoohard

• Rep: -68
« Reply #12191 on: February 22, 2021, 10:00:24 PM »
Please explain to us how donating any amount of money on a middle income salary is going to do anything for a group of people being oppressed by one of the most powerful countries in the world to which basically no one is standing up to? Donít get me wrong the situation is quite wack, but Americans have a pretty distorted view of advocacy and impact.

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #12192 on: February 22, 2021, 11:43:13 PM »
Please explain to us how donating any amount of money on a middle income salary is going to do anything for a group of people being oppressed by one of the most powerful countries in the world to which basically no one is standing up to? Donít get me wrong the situation is quite wack, but Americans have a pretty distorted view of advocacy and impact.

Look, I know itís a cheap shot, but cmon do you think these people that keep bringing up uyghurs actually care enough to do something like write a letter to a representative or give money to an ngo relative to this area of concern or is it just a cheesy way to try and score some kind of cheap point in any topic related to Nike.  Just the barest of effort to show that they truly care other than re-posting something that someone else reposted in their feed. This person only posted to make some dumbass comment to ďownĒ us in the topic who like Nikes. 

Itís exhausting to read constantly in these threads because it isnít truly genuine and they never employ that level of scrutiny to any of the other products they use or support.

jay_nev

• SLAP Pal

ballintoohard

« Reply #12194 on: February 23, 2021, 09:51:28 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Look, I know itís a cheap shot, but cmon do you think these people that keep bringing up uyghurs actually care enough to do something like write a letter to a representative or give money to an ngo relative to this area of concern or is it just a cheesy way to try and score some kind of cheap point in any topic related to Nike.  Just the barest of effort to show that they truly care other than re-posting something that someone else reposted in their feed. This person only posted to make some dumbass comment to ďownĒ us in the topic who like Nikes. 

Itís exhausting to read constantly in these threads because it isnít truly genuine and they never employ that level of scrutiny to any of the other products they use or support.

I used to work for a Representative and the interns are the ones that read those letters, then throw them away. My wife also worked for a human rights NGO, very large one and other than putting out press releases and writing reports that the gutless UN discusses, $20 does absolutely nothing at that level/ I think itís obvious both of us were very let down by the mismatch between what we thought advocacy could do and what it really does.

burm

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 67
« Reply #12195 on: February 23, 2021, 11:03:18 AM »
Are the brown vegan dunk hiís stuck on the shelves everywhere or should I jump on the opportunity to buy them from the shop I found still selling them even though Iím not feeling the colorway much and donít know how the vegan uppers skate considering there might not be other possibilities to get Dunks in the near future? Or are the tides turning?
take what small comfort there may be left
seize what you love and damn all the rest

Dwyck

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 22
  • "...itís sicker to not get footage.Ē ó Nik Stain
« Reply #12196 on: February 23, 2021, 11:17:26 AM »

Explain then how anybody's individual consumer choice affects anything in that regard either
Regular stance is a mental disorder defined by the DSM-5

hobochimp

« Reply #12197 on: February 23, 2021, 12:07:47 PM »
Are the brown vegan dunk hiís stuck on the shelves everywhere or should I jump on the opportunity to buy them from the shop I found still selling them even though Iím not feeling the colorway much and donít know how the vegan uppers skate considering there might not be other possibilities to get Dunks in the near future? Or are the tides turning?

They have definitely been overshadowed by other dunks Iíd say such as the court purple and the carpet co and vx dunks. Iíd say buy them because theyíre pretty dope. Also no us release so that has killed the hype a bit. Definitely wish I could cop them

Watson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1089
« Reply #12198 on: February 23, 2021, 03:19:11 PM »
Our shop just got the Navy Blazers if anyone is interested. I know some of you were having a hard time finding them. We're in Canada so I'm assuming that means shops in the US should have them or get them soon too.

https://ninetimesskateshop.com/products/nike-sb-zoom-blazer-mid-navy-white

hobochimp

« Reply #12199 on: February 23, 2021, 04:11:52 PM »
Our shop just got the Navy Blazers if anyone is interested. I know some of you were having a hard time finding them. We're in Canada so I'm assuming that means shops in the US should have them or get them soon too.

https://ninetimesskateshop.com/products/nike-sb-zoom-blazer-mid-navy-white

My poor wallet is crying lately

mynameisnotjeff

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 420
« Reply #12200 on: February 23, 2021, 04:56:03 PM »
Are blazers picking up hype?
Saw few of the shoe IG accounts hyping some of the regular ones.
Nothing I do deserves more than an iphone camera.

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #12201 on: February 23, 2021, 07:05:41 PM »

Not really, obviously not like the dunks but they still relatively easy to get.

Donít think I ever seen recent raffle for a blazer. Usually stores drop them FCFS. So if a skater wants them to skate then they are pretty obtainable.

They also drop on the Nike site. Unlike dunks which just end up on snkrs if Nike releases them.

burm

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 67
« Reply #12202 on: February 24, 2021, 12:07:34 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

They have definitely been overshadowed by other dunks Iíd say such as the court purple and the carpet co and vx dunks. Iíd say buy them because theyíre pretty dope. Also no us release so that has killed the hype a bit. Definitely wish I could cop them

Thanks for the input. So this local shop put them in their webshop with a changed name so that bots wouldn't pickup on them, so now they have a full size run available, pretty funny. Still 125 euros though so... let's see when pay day arrives.
take what small comfort there may be left
seize what you love and damn all the rest

Donkey Lips

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 847
« Reply #12203 on: February 24, 2021, 08:42:48 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Donít think I ever seen recent raffle for a blazer. Usually stores drop them FCFS. So if a skater wants them to skate then they are pretty obtainable.

They also drop on the Nike site. Unlike dunks which just end up on snkrs if Nike releases them.

Completely disagree. Seems like Nike is trying to pivot the Blazer to be a more in-demand shoe in the last 12 months. I don't know if that's a supply-related move or if they're just trying to recreate the demand, but it doesn't happen overnight. Dunks were available on the Nike site two years ago until they got back in-demand.

Watson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1089
« Reply #12204 on: February 24, 2021, 08:47:54 AM »
Blazers sell really good for us and are picking up traction as a shoe non-skaters are into wearing as well but they'll never be as sought after as Dunks. There was that furry Medicom Blazer that sold out in a day but regular line regular coloured Blazers shouldn't be hard to find. Blazers are definitely the best sellers for SBs if you take Dunks out of the equation.

ballintoohard

« Reply #12205 on: February 24, 2021, 08:55:21 AM »
Thereís also a billion non SB Blazers that are in fashion with tech bros, same with the Team whateverís that J Crew sell.

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #12206 on: February 24, 2021, 09:03:26 AM »
Thereís also a billion non SB Blazers that are in fashion with tech bros, same with the Team whateverís that J Crew sell.

I wish SB got some of the good color ways the Blazer 77s got.  I just canít condone the extra fabric on the toe cap and on the side

hobochimp

« Reply #12207 on: February 24, 2021, 10:50:08 AM »
The GT ACG blazer mid was a pretty instant sellout that also had raffles for whatever reason. I thought the shoe was so ugly though. I agree that the non sb blazers have been getting better colorways. Sick of the blazer mid edges those need to go away. I personally donít think thereís going to be blazer hype especially not to the level dunks have. Maybe if Nike stopped producing an always available black and white blazer mid and only did more limited releases then maybe the demand would be arbitrarily pushed similar to the way dunks are. Like if there were dunks that were just plain and had higher supply levels people wouldnít be rushing to grab up every single ugly dunk colorway. People would be more selective I think. Just my half baked shoe market theories though

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #12208 on: February 24, 2021, 01:41:16 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Completely disagree. Seems like Nike is trying to pivot the Blazer to be a more in-demand shoe in the last 12 months. I don't know if that's a supply-related move or if they're just trying to recreate the demand, but it doesn't happen overnight. Dunks were available on the Nike site two years ago until they got back in-demand.

I always had the impression Nike wanted to help out shops more by selling dunks only to skate shops, thatís why they took them away from selling from the Nike. Like making them ďorange labelĒ or in-store only.

Then the hype came back at the right time and helped out a lot of shops just with dunks alone.

Donkey Lips

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 847
« Reply #12209 on: February 24, 2021, 02:51:35 PM »
Removing dunks from the site had absolutely nothing to do with helping shops and everything to do with increasing a rising demand. Orange label was their half-baked attempt to appease shops after making the SB line available to big box and online retailers.