Author Topic: Post UPCOMING/RECENT NIKE SB shoe releases thread  (Read 2357635 times)

DanRar009 (+ 1 Hidden) and 5 Guests are viewing this topic.

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 282
Re: Post UPCOMING/RECENT NIKE SB shoe releases thread
« Reply #12900 on: June 18, 2021, 02:25:16 PM »
Kingswell also did FCFS on their celadon dunks today, too.  Keep an eye on your local today

jakeumms

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1274
  • Runnin through the house with a pickle in my mouth
« Reply #12901 on: June 18, 2021, 05:37:39 PM »
Expand Quote
Is it just me or does the suede look like the stuff muppets are made of?
[close]

Now that you mention it that makes these kinda cool. Muppet boots
Adding muppet harvesting to the reasons to boycott Nike list
them cats are out getting mashed up to jungle, he's out mashing up jungle cats. it's just not gonna work.

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #12902 on: June 18, 2021, 05:56:54 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Is it just me or does the suede look like the stuff muppets are made of?
[close]

Now that you mention it that makes these kinda cool. Muppet boots
[close]
Adding muppet harvesting to the reasons to boycott Nike list

Well with the reduction of their natural predators, it’s important for Nike to harvest muppets otherwise they’ll overwhelm their ecosystem

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1042
  • Slap's Resident Sneakerhead
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.
Tate is one of the best posters that's not me

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #12904 on: June 20, 2021, 10:11:41 PM »
Another ACG dunk low?
https://www.instagram.com/p/CQXZvTeJ9eT/?utm_medium=copy_link

Yeah the 3rd and final one.  At little too similar to the purple one for my tastes, but I dig the overall idea of it all

iknowisuck

• Rep: 2
« Reply #12905 on: June 21, 2021, 01:22:21 AM »
Forgive me for asking because apparently I just started skating yesterday, but can you not just go to the local shop and buy a pair of SB Dunks anymore?  I’ve been wanting to get a pair for me ol’ feet, but I’m not waiting overnight in a sleeping bag to get a pair.

I used to have a pair of all canvas Dunk Hi’s that I’m kicking myself for getting rid of.

Sometimes with late shipments a shop might just put them out but not post about it. At least that's how I got a pair.
Jokes on clothing < cutting off your foreskin with a chainsaw

spacial_profiling

• Rep: -86
« Reply #12906 on: June 21, 2021, 04:25:26 AM »
Expand Quote
Forgive me for asking because apparently I just started skating yesterday, but can you not just go to the local shop and buy a pair of SB Dunks anymore?  I’ve been wanting to get a pair for me ol’ feet, but I’m not waiting overnight in a sleeping bag to get a pair.

I used to have a pair of all canvas Dunk Hi’s that I’m kicking myself for getting rid of.
[close]

Sometimes with late shipments a shop might just put them out but not post about it. At least that's how I got a pair.

This exactly. And usually Wed-Fri.

Eggie Vedder

• Rep: 32
« Reply #12907 on: June 21, 2021, 08:23:09 AM »

I think the regular dunks skate better. I hate the puffy tongue. The regular ones are still hard to get but Foot Locker often has some in stock if the recent colorway wasn’t hyped.

I know Nike isn’t the best company to support but I really can’t skate anything other than dunk lows. It’s the perfect combination of toe shape, board feel, and support. The soles last forever too. I just shoe goo the uppers and can skate a pair for months. I’m interested in seeing if the Ishods are similar but easier to get.

Jud Nestorkins

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -59
  • Only YOU can prevent corporate espionage.
« Reply #12908 on: June 23, 2021, 08:27:20 PM »
Screenshots from that Ishod Insta clip.

Urtripping

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 531
« Reply #12909 on: June 23, 2021, 09:04:25 PM »
Screenshots from that Ishod Insta clip.

Colorway kinda giving me these vibes

I saw your mommy and your mommy's dead

hobochimp

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 277
« Reply #12910 on: June 23, 2021, 11:13:48 PM »
I need a blue and white colorway on the ishods. Like his old colors

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.

concerned_parent

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 281
« Reply #12912 on: June 24, 2021, 10:07:42 AM »
i bet there will be a really good lance mountain clip in those at some point
good come sausage

IanBZHD

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 55
« Reply #12913 on: June 24, 2021, 12:57:27 PM »
For what it's worth, I've seen the Ishod on foot in Black/White.
A dude at the park was skating them, and from seeing them from that distance the sole is very noticeable and gives big PRod vibes.
I do like the green ones Ishod is wearing, so I think depending on the colorway it could be a good looking shoe.
I give them credit for making something interesting, but they seem to always make signature soles that seem 90% done.

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #12914 on: June 25, 2021, 12:27:31 AM »
QuarterSnacks x dunk low SB
Thin tongue on them
https://www.instagram.com/p/CQhAFjpJ5e6/?utm_medium=copy_link

douchenozzle

• Rep: 30
  • "I am the party"-DLR
« Reply #12915 on: June 25, 2021, 06:23:32 AM »
QuarterSnacks x dunk low SB
Thin tongue on them
https://www.instagram.com/p/CQhAFjpJ5e6/?utm_medium=copy_link
good fucking luck trying to get these

stringsnthings

• Rep: -48
« Reply #12916 on: June 25, 2021, 08:30:30 AM »
Am I the only one that thinks it should be a condition in regard to these SB raffles at local shops to land an ollie or kick flip besides having the winning ticket? I'm disappointed in the culture vultures and sneaker heads that have come into this scene and are part of the reason sb dunks are no longer at a reasonable price. Like fuck can we take back our passtime/sport/hobby and keep SB dunks for SkateBoarders?

McCly

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -12
« Reply #12917 on: June 25, 2021, 08:40:41 AM »
Am I the only one that thinks it should be a condition in regard to these SB raffles at local shops to land an ollie or kick flip besides having the winning ticket? I'm disappointed in the culture vultures and sneaker heads that have come into this scene and are part of the reason sb dunks are no longer at a reasonable price. Like fuck can we take back our passtime/sport/hobby and keep SB dunks for SkateBoarders?

What about people w/ injuries and/or in wheelchairs and whatnot? The problem is Nike’s stranglehold on supply, not the hypebeasts and bots.

Donkey Lips

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1020
« Reply #12918 on: June 25, 2021, 08:55:06 AM »
lol yeah it's def not a problem with bots and hypebeats

McCly

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #12919 on: June 25, 2021, 09:04:16 AM »
Wow that picture totally negates my whole statement

If Nike made more, that would just look like a hoarder and the bots and hypebeasts would move on to the next thing

Dunks cost like $20 to make with minimal materials. The restricted supply is what enables the demand and insane prices

Donkey Lips

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1020
« Reply #12920 on: June 25, 2021, 11:12:30 AM »
Yeah, Nike is going to flood the market with supply, crushing the demand for their limited shoe releases, because they care more about putting dunks on McCly's little feetsies.

Dunks have always been limited but for years they sat in sale piles. The demand is hot now and resellers are using bots to buy up the supply. Nike doesn't give a fuck if you can't get a pair to skate because they're selling everything they produce. And you probably only want a pair to skate now because they're hard to come by.

KBizzle

• Rep: -18
« Reply #12921 on: June 25, 2021, 02:19:28 PM »

While I get “it” this is dumb. It’s like saying everyone who buys Jordan’s needs to be good at Basketball OR anyone who buys Yeezys must be an amazing rapper.

Blame Nike for their greed if anything.

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #12922 on: June 25, 2021, 08:03:26 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

While I get “it” this is dumb. It’s like saying everyone who buys Jordan’s needs to be good at Basketball OR anyone who buys Yeezys must be an amazing rapper.

It’s a weird form of greed where they’re not making as much as they could.   What would doubling/tripling the supply do?   Genuinely curious if/what the projections they’ve figured out are.   

Urtripping

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 531
« Reply #12923 on: June 25, 2021, 08:12:11 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

It’s a weird form of greed where they’re not making as much as they could.   What would doubling/tripling the supply do?   Genuinely curious if/what the projections they’ve figured out are.

I mean I'm pretty sure they do it with Jordan 1's. Hyped up colorways drop in limited quantities, while you can usually find a pair of mids or lows in the latest GR color at your local footlocker. I think a plain jane dunk that is regularly released (in addition to the sick collabs and limited colorways) wouldn't kill the hype... if anything, it might move the dunk past the "hot right now" status. Maybe not though, it doesn't have quite the history and staying power that 1's have...
I saw your mommy and your mommy's dead

McCly

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #12924 on: June 25, 2021, 09:53:05 PM »
Yeah, Nike is going to flood the market with supply, crushing the demand for their limited shoe releases, because they care more about putting dunks on McCly's little feetsies

I dont fuck w/ Dunks post-lace protectors but I appreciate your consideration :)

Tiago NBs are better imo and more easily accessible

KBizzle

• Rep: -18
« Reply #12925 on: June 25, 2021, 11:19:06 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Can’t be about money at this point. They’re the biggest shoe company on the planet. Scarcity in the market seems to be their thing. Even the Kobe situation is a mess. Hopefully the Dunk hype dies down post Virgil 50.

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal

hobochimp

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 277

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #12929 on: June 29, 2021, 03:55:01 AM »
These two “patchwork” blazer SB’s are up on NDC.

https://nike.app.link/E5q4UyqVthb
https://nike.app.link/IEBWplvVthb

As well as the “pink salt” blazers.
https://nike.app.link/j6oRtJIVthb