Author Topic: Post UPCOMING/RECENT NIKE SB shoe releases thread  (Read 2049721 times)

fat philly skater, klobynrenn and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Mean salto

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 388
Re: Post UPCOMING/RECENT NIKE SB shoe releases thread
« Reply #14370 on: August 04, 2022, 11:41:14 AM »
This guy's history is obvs sus but he knows leather/shoe construction. Kinda interesting to see the shoes broken all the way down. https://youtu.be/tkscolntQaY

BoxStuffer

• Rep: 71
« Reply #14371 on: August 04, 2022, 11:52:12 AM »
This guy's history is obvs sus but he knows leather/shoe construction. Kinda interesting to see the shoes broken all the way down. https://youtu.be/tkscolntQaY

Hah.  I just watched that and have been watching his videos for awhile.
He knows his leather and boot construction. 

I agree it's really interesting to see shoes broken down/ cut up with someone who knows something about shoe making. 
Enjoy your life.

Fongstarr.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 211
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
I'll fuckin
I'll fuckin
sew your asshole closed, and keep feedin you
and feedin you, and feedin you, and feedin you!

ish_wav

• Rep: 46
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #14373 on: August 04, 2022, 02:40:39 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Hah.  I just watched that and have been watching his videos for awhile.
He knows his leather and boot construction. 

I agree it's really interesting to see shoes broken down/ cut up with someone who knows something about shoe making.

This guy actually has some skating background. He skate wear tested the Nike Blazer 77 on his channel.

jakeumms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 834
  • Runnin through the house with a pickle in my mouth
« Reply #14374 on: August 04, 2022, 06:41:26 PM »
Love watching Rose Anvil tears apart shoes. This Dunk SB tear down has been a while coming. No big surprise to find that SB Dunks are no shit a decent shoe. He had a lot of negative things to say about the Chunky Dunky
Amazon Hesh

iw0

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 179
« Reply #14375 on: August 04, 2022, 06:53:14 PM »

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 272
« Reply #14376 on: August 04, 2022, 11:19:42 PM »
Huf dunk shoes will be in mystery bags

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1094
  • Slap's Resident Sneakerhead
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.
Tate is one of the best posters that's not me

mynameisnotjeff

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 480
« Reply #14378 on: August 05, 2022, 03:02:16 PM »
Love watching Rose Anvil tears apart shoes. This Dunk SB tear down has been a while coming. No big surprise to find that SB Dunks are no shit a decent shoe. He had a lot of negative things to say about the Chunky Dunky

Itís really weird seeing people whoís interests overlap like mine. But yeah, adding an explanation to the chunky dunks:
He explains that the cow print is painted on poorly and that these shoes (as well as a good amount of Nikes) have a thick coat of plastic stuff on them thatís where they get the leather print from. Itís a lesser quality leather.
Nothing I do deserves more than an iphone camera.

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 388
« Reply #14379 on: August 05, 2022, 10:17:28 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Itís really weird seeing people whoís interests overlap like mine. But yeah, adding an explanation to the chunky dunks:
He explains that the cow print is painted on poorly and that these shoes (as well as a good amount of Nikes) have a thick coat of plastic stuff on them thatís where they get the leather print from. Itís a lesser quality leather.
Would of been cool if he took all the panels apart like he sometimes does with other shoes and seen if the panels overlap the same between the two etc. Experienced that plastic coat on-top of shit leather first hand back when I'd skate non SB dunks in the early 00s. What he doesn't also take into account when he does his griptape test is how shitty it feels. You legit do one footers on kickflips that don't flip. your foot just slips off the griptape.

yourfuckingdad

• Rep: -18
« Reply #14380 on: August 06, 2022, 10:38:53 AM »

I wonder if the SBs with the old soles (the ones that look like regular dunks) are more padded than the newer ones? Anyone know if the newer ones have more board feel?

funeral_tuxedo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 603
  • old and in the way
« Reply #14381 on: August 06, 2022, 01:25:57 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I wonder if the SBs with the old soles (the ones that look like regular dunks) are more padded than the newer ones? Anyone know if the newer ones have more board feel?

yeah the older ones had more foam in the midsole than the current sb dunks

yourfuckingdad

• Rep: -18
« Reply #14382 on: Today at 01:05:44 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

yeah the older ones had more foam in the midsole than the current sb dunks

wack

PAWL

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -88
« Reply #14383 on: Today at 05:37:23 PM »

what does that even mean
yo mike mo new age ape style high five with my reborn hand.

2008 psychedelic experience. thanks.

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 272
« Reply #14384 on: Today at 05:50:05 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

what does that even mean

One of those sneaker IG accounts showed they come in a black bag (maybe inside the box) so you donít know what colorway you get until you open it

iw0

• Rep: 179
« Reply #14385 on: Today at 06:27:51 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

what does that even mean
[close]

One of those sneaker IG accounts showed they come in a black bag (maybe inside the box) so you donít know what colorway you get until you open it

yeah last slide on here, only lists the new york and san fran and then "MYSTERY SHOE!!"
https://www.instagram.com/p/Cg3U426OMaJ/