Author Topic: Post UPCOMING/RECENT NIKE SB shoe releases thread  (Read 2381414 times)

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 264
Re: Post UPCOMING/RECENT NIKE SB shoe releases thread
« Reply #15270 on: March 26, 2023, 02:54:06 PM »
Expand Quote

Nike SB Ishod Wair
[close]

but i'm guessing that mesh area around the swoosh is super ventilated like his first one had

Murge

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 427
« Reply #15271 on: March 28, 2023, 06:40:51 PM »
So after using my skate shoes as yard shoes and not having a chance to clean them I used my Nike Brsb gump Cortez chillers to skate the other day. The flick was great. A lot more cushion than the the 306L I been skating. So much that I was having trouble feeling my board when landing. But I will get used to it. I’m old almost 38 so I welcome the cushion.

My question is shoe seemed pretty damn good. Got them on sale for $70ish. Why isn’t more people skating these? Or more talk about them. I just see sneaker heads post about them but they seem pretty decent. In a week will I find out they suck and there’s something I’m not seeing or are they just not popular for some reason ?
« Last Edit: March 29, 2023, 05:24:33 AM by Murge »

Madam, I'm Adam

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1375
« Reply #15272 on: March 28, 2023, 08:30:29 PM »
So after using my skate shoes as hard shoes and not having a chance to clean them I used my Nike Brsb gump Cortez chillers to skate the other day. The flick was great. A lot more cushion than the the 306L I been skating. So much that I was having trouble feeling my board when landing. But I will get used to it. I’m old almost 38 so I welcome the cushion.

My question is shoe seemed pretty damn good. Got them on sale for $70ish. Why isn’t more people skating these? Or more talk about them. I just see sneaker heads post about them but they seem pretty decent. In a week will I find out they suck and there’s something I’m not seeing or are they just not popular for some reason ?

I like them as well. Some people aren’t feeling the look of them I think. That’s the only criticism I’ve heard. But they look dope to me

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #15273 on: March 29, 2023, 03:40:23 AM »
Expand Quote
So after using my skate shoes as hard shoes and not having a chance to clean them I used my Nike Brsb gump Cortez chillers to skate the other day. The flick was great. A lot more cushion than the the 306L I been skating. So much that I was having trouble feeling my board when landing. But I will get used to it. I’m old almost 38 so I welcome the cushion.

[close]

I like them as well. Some people aren’t feeling the look of them I think. That’s the only criticism I’ve heard. But they look dope to me

I love them and have only heard good things from people that wear them.   I wasn’t feeling the look at first, but it is one of the rare shoes that I get compliments from Cortez fans about

Murge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 427
« Reply #15274 on: March 29, 2023, 05:27:55 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

I love them and have only heard good things from people that wear them.   I wasn’t feeling the look at first, but it is one of the rare shoes that I get compliments from Cortez fans about

Oh okay. I love the look. And really enjoyed the way they skated.  I’m gonna buy the black ones as chillers now. The look is nostalgic for me growing up in the 90s Cortez’s and dickies is what you wore. It’s like returning home almost to me ha.

caked

• Rep: -8
« Reply #15275 on: April 12, 2023, 08:03:42 AM »
Great look at the new Leo shoe in his instagram story. I'll try to post a screengrab here shortly.
Looks like the pogo silhouette as a mid-top.

kneebone

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 356
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #15276 on: April 12, 2023, 08:20:13 AM »
That's a Nike Enigma for sure

kneebone

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 356
« Reply #15277 on: April 12, 2023, 10:44:50 AM »
Great look at the new Leo shoe in his instagram story. I'll try to post a screengrab here shortly.
got u

dumptruck12

• Rep: -104
« Reply #15278 on: April 12, 2023, 10:52:14 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
got u

Is his foot swollen or something, looks like Mario’s big shoes

doctorkickflip

• Rep: 44
« Reply #15279 on: April 12, 2023, 11:16:34 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
got u

[close]
Is his foot swollen or something, looks like Mario’s big shoes
They do look kinda fucked in this photo lol. I wonder if he just has small feet or something. I could see them looking cooler in a larger size, longer, less stubby.

Pastasash

• Rep: 74
« Reply #15280 on: April 12, 2023, 11:41:09 AM »
toe cap is crazy big, looks like a mash up of a blazer and Omar Salazar's old pro sb model

caked

• Rep: -8
« Reply #15281 on: April 12, 2023, 12:24:13 PM »
thanks much @kneebone ! did it better than I could have.
I think this clip/angle gives us the most detail we've seen so far. Leo posted another insta story about a week ago in the same fit and same shoes, and the shoes didn't look quite as pogo-like as they do here.
He probably does have smaller feet. I wear a 7.5 mens and they might look hella stubby in smaller sizes. Definitely think they will look better in average mens sizes.

Crap

• Rep: 77
« Reply #15282 on: April 12, 2023, 12:43:36 PM »
I see the similarities to the panels on the Pogo, but the Leo shoe is a cupsole if I’m not mistaken. Not to do a ‘this shoe looks like a totally different looking shoe,’ but the collar height and eyelet positioning remind me of the Tyshawn mid.

switch209

• Rep: -14
« Reply #15283 on: April 12, 2023, 02:26:31 PM »
I see the similarities to the panels on the Pogo, but the Leo shoe is a cupsole if I’m not mistaken. Not to do a ‘this shoe looks like a totally different looking shoe,’ but the collar height and eyelet positioning remind me of the Tyshawn mid.

The sole looks similar to how the new Ishod 2's look, as far as a vulc wrap with a cupsole surrounding it. Yeah it does remind me of Tyshawn's shoes too, but yes...they need to fix that toe cap. the front/eyelet area reminds me of a fatter Berle Pro.

Watson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2239
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #15284 on: April 12, 2023, 06:25:50 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

The sole looks similar to how the new Ishod 2's look, as far as a vulc wrap with a cupsole surrounding it. Yeah it does remind me of Tyshawn's shoes too, but yes...they need to fix that toe cap. the front/eyelet area reminds me of a fatter Berle Pro.

I'm confused as fuck. Where are you getting this information from?

switch209

« Reply #15285 on: April 12, 2023, 08:19:51 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Look a few posts above at Leo's shoe. The sole has two different shades of grey, and it looks as though there's a vulc wrap underneath the cupsole. Similar to the Lucas Premiere ADV, Tyshawn Pro, and both of Ishod's shoes, but if comparing them, closer resembles how Ishod's second shoe's sole looks.

Im not saying it's a copy, but with someone talking about the soles of the shoe, how they have designed it, again just to me, resembles how Ishod's 2nd shoe's sole looks, even somewhat resembles the detailing in where Ishod's shoe's sole is higher and lower, especially toward the ollie area/toe cap.

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #15286 on: April 12, 2023, 11:47:45 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

Look a few posts above at Leo's shoe. The sole has two different shades of grey, and it looks as though there's a vulc wrap underneath the cupsole. Similar to the Lucas Premiere ADV, Tyshawn Pro, and both of Ishod's shoes, but if comparing them, closer resembles how Ishod's second shoe's sole looks.

Im not saying it's a copy, but with someone talking about the soles of the shoe, how they have designed it, again just to me, resembles how Ishod's 2nd shoe's sole looks, even somewhat resembles the detailing in where Ishod's shoe's sole is higher and lower, especially toward the ollie area/toe cap.

Ishod 2s have an air bubble which is a major distinction

switch209

« Reply #15287 on: April 12, 2023, 11:52:42 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Ishod 2s have an air bubble which is a major distinction

Im aware of that, I was just commenting on the construction style overall. the soles are different, however they are following the same type of construction with a vulc wrap under the cupsole itself. We arent talking about Es where the same soles go from model to model, I know both Leo's and Ishod's shoe's soles are different, but they follow a similar style of construction, of which that's all I was comparing them about for the soles.

Donkey Lips

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 996
« Reply #15288 on: April 13, 2023, 09:42:33 AM »
So not similar at all.

switch209

« Reply #15289 on: April 13, 2023, 09:57:59 AM »
So not similar at all.

...again, im only commenting on the similarity of having a vulc wrap surrounded by a cupsole. The Lucas Premiere ADV, Tyshawn Pro, Ishod 1, and even the Ishod 2 coming out, and now the Leo shoe, all have THAT in common for sole construction overall. the design WITHIN that aspect is what varies. It could be to have more options for color blocking, it could be somehow for function of the shoe overall, or possibly just for looks only, but all the aforementioned shoes's soles share that type of sole construction: vulc wrap interior surrounded by a cupsole.

Idk how to make it any more clear than that.

Watson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2239
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #15290 on: April 13, 2023, 11:11:54 AM »
But how do you know there's a vulc wrap surrounded by a cupsole? Where are you getting this information? By looking at two poor quality photos?

Ishod's first shoe and Tyshawn's shoes are cupsoles. There's no cupsole wrapped around a vulc. I don't even know what that means. Those are two different constructions?

Donkey Lips

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #15291 on: April 13, 2023, 12:13:35 PM »
Expand Quote
So not similar at all.
[close]

...again, im only commenting on the similarity of having a vulc wrap surrounded by a cupsole. The Lucas Premiere ADV, Tyshawn Pro, Ishod 1, and even the Ishod 2 coming out, and now the Leo shoe, all have THAT in common for sole construction overall. the design WITHIN that aspect is what varies. It could be to have more options for color blocking, it could be somehow for function of the shoe overall, or possibly just for looks only, but all the aforementioned shoes's soles share that type of sole construction: vulc wrap interior surrounded by a cupsole.

They're also made of rubber too so I see what you're saying.

If you're talking about the thin rubber that overlaps with the upper, that's not usually called "vulc wrap". It's just extended foxing on the midsole.

switch209

« Reply #15292 on: April 13, 2023, 06:33:47 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
So not similar at all.
[close]

[close]

They're also made of rubber too so I see what you're saying.

If you're talking about the thin rubber that overlaps with the upper, that's not usually called "vulc wrap". It's just extended foxing on the midsole.

I understand this is a nike thread, but the reason I was referring it as "vulc wrap" is because that's how it was advertised with the lucas premiere ADV, as well as with the Tyshawn Pro, and of any other descriptions ive heard about said construction, it made the most sense in describing it, so I ran with it.

Donkey Lips

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #15293 on: April 17, 2023, 02:08:03 PM »
Mason got a Blazer

BL0B

• Rep: 414
« Reply #15294 on: April 17, 2023, 02:12:03 PM »
is this a summer time release? that would be stupid, f'ing sweat boxes!

but good for him.

jgonzalez

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 771
  • no not never. looser.
    • JGonz4ever avatar image
« Reply #15295 on: April 17, 2023, 09:02:21 PM »

but good for him.

Shave your head to counteract

nothing's been the since same

BL0B

• Rep: 414
« Reply #15296 on: April 17, 2023, 10:34:29 PM »
Expand Quote

but good for him.
[close]

like manscaping?

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #15297 on: April 17, 2023, 10:44:43 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

but good for him.
[close]

[close]

like manscaping?

I’ve never heard of a haircut being considered manscaping

jgonzalez

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 771
  • no not never. looser.
    • JGonz4ever avatar image
« Reply #15298 on: April 17, 2023, 10:53:29 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

but good for him.
[close]

[close]

like manscaping?
I think you’re talking about the other head

nothing's been the since same

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #15299 on: April 17, 2023, 11:14:32 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

but good for him.
[close]

[close]

like manscaping?
[close]
I think you’re talking about the other head

You get hair on that?