Author Topic: Post UPCOMING/RECENT NIKE SB shoe releases thread  (Read 2357904 times)

spacial_profiling and 4 Guests are viewing this topic.

Fartknocker415

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -45
Re: Post UPCOMING/RECENT NIKE SB shoe releases thread
« Reply #15330 on: April 22, 2023, 06:23:36 PM »
Blazers just need more sole like the new vans skate line. I put an Ollie hole in the side of blazers within a couple sessions, but never got one on sk8hi skate. Also probably just something to do with my foot shape and Ollie technique tho.

Donkey Lips

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1020
« Reply #15331 on: April 23, 2023, 11:26:14 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
blazers suck and are not worth $90 anymore
[close]
hot take right here haha what about them suck to you? it's literally their best vulc option and i'm sure others would agree
Blazer mids are usually pretty easy to find below $60 tbh
[close]
they've cut back on pretty much everything that made the shoe feel supportive and durable (the heel cup, a good sole, suede) while pushing the price tag up. they felt so much better even just a few years ago
[close]

I have a handful of Blazer Mids from 2016 and 2017: regular and premium models. Worn, skated, and still wear some currently. I've compared those to a couple I've bought in 2019/2020 and tried on in 2022. I disagree completely with them cutting back on all of those features. Did you pull that out of thin air? Nike has barely changed anything about the Blazer Mid since they got popular again post 2015.

They've never really had a super strong heel cup to begin with. The sole is still great (regular and premium models), and the suede seems to be about the same quality on current ones, save for a few models here and there as one-offs. They're still pretty damn durable, but the $90 tag does feel off putting
[close]

The only change I’ve noticed is it seems like there aren’t any models with a mesh/soft heel Nike panel anymore.   They’re all leather (or whatever that material is)
[close]

[close]

Hah shit. Whoops.   But I haven’t seen new colorways do it

Yeah you're right I think the black/whites are the only ones.

newguy

« Reply #15332 on: April 24, 2023, 10:30:17 AM »
Do yall prefer good ol regular blazers or the new Zoom mid premiums? I much prefer the latter, excellent boardfeel and nice fat sole, plus the weird leather material is tough as nails.

Only thing I dislike about them are the awful colorways, regular blazers clearly win there

Cuban_Lynx

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1421
  • I got the internet goin' nuts

mynameisnotjeff

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 581
« Reply #15334 on: April 24, 2023, 02:13:20 PM »
Nothing I do deserves more than an iphone camera.

Southernmost

• Rep: 106

Donkey Lips

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1020
« Reply #15336 on: April 25, 2023, 12:33:41 PM »
Celtics fans rejoice.

Pastasash

• Rep: 61
« Reply #15337 on: April 25, 2023, 12:38:46 PM »
dawg, Nikes been dropping a million different models with this exact same green within the past 2 months, they NEED to retro the first three OG colorways of the Jano already smh 

Stoop Kid 2.0

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -312
  • I still fucking hate hipsters.
« Reply #15338 on: April 25, 2023, 01:14:23 PM »
dawg, Nikes been dropping a million different models with this exact same green within the past 2 months, they NEED to retro the first three OG colorways of the Jano already smh

This

Cuban_Lynx

• SLAP Pal

newguy

« Reply #15341 on: April 26, 2023, 09:58:06 AM »
when did the hype for dunks die? I still remember when ugly colorways went for +150 euros on vinted and popular ones were in the +300 range.

KBizzle

• Rep: -18
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #15342 on: April 26, 2023, 12:41:53 PM »
The hype for dunks not dying anytime soon. When it did die, Adidas Boosts & NMD's were around. There's no other shoes for hypebeasts to fiend after.

Cuban_Lynx

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #15343 on: April 26, 2023, 01:39:49 PM »
The hype for dunks not dying anytime soon. When it did die, Adidas Boosts & NMD's were around. There's no other shoes for hypebeasts to fiend after.

Yeezy's are gone, so now it's just QS Dunk Lows, Travis Scotts and Jordan 4's, right? Suck it StockX

Madam, I'm Adam

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1359
« Reply #15344 on: April 26, 2023, 02:37:42 PM »
Nicer Dunks still usually sell out quickly.

But hopefully the thirst does die out because high-top Dunks are perfect for me.

newguy

« Reply #15345 on: April 26, 2023, 05:17:51 PM »
Nicer Dunks still usually sell out quickly.

But hopefully the thirst does die out because high-top Dunks are perfect for me.

might depend on where youre at, im in france rn and dunks are fairly cheap, lows are more popular which i never understood tbh cos the whole thing of dunks imo is the heel support the high tops provide

BoxStuffer

• Rep: 110
« Reply #15346 on: April 27, 2023, 05:38:48 AM »
Mystic Red Dunk Lows

Enjoy your life.

shawngreg

• Rep: 64
« Reply #15347 on: April 27, 2023, 06:38:34 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

This

x3!

ChompskyHonk

• Rep: 8
  • flow state in the bruh dimension
« Reply #15348 on: April 27, 2023, 09:30:22 AM »
dunks are definitely on the way out. give it another 2-4 years before a new hypebeast shoe comes out that diverts their attention from the dunk/forum/550 cupsole wave

newguy

« Reply #15349 on: April 27, 2023, 10:19:03 AM »
dunks are definitely on the way out. give it another 2-4 years before a new hypebeast shoe comes out that diverts their attention from the dunk/forum/550 cupsole wave

I'm curious wether Nike will try to find a new star of the moment to ignite the hype around the SB line like they did with Travis Scott or if they will simply let it fall back into limbo. I'd like the latter, SB dunks, regardless of the fuckery Nike gets up to, dunks and blazers are such great skate shoes but the inflated price, driven by hype and scarcity is unnecessary bs. This is also subjective and a personal opinion of mine but I also think SB's look great and have had some truly interesting and fun colorways.

KBizzle

• Rep: -18
« Reply #15350 on: April 27, 2023, 03:08:18 PM »

This would be true if they 1) Had another hype shoe to sell. 2) Had a celebrity rapper to latch onto.

Kanye's gone, Travis' shoes are too limited and expensive. Drake makes some of the ugliest sneakers ever. Dunks are more popular than ever and here to stay for a long time.

art hellman

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1152
« Reply #15351 on: April 27, 2023, 03:23:15 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
hot take right here haha what about them suck to you? it's literally their best vulc option and i'm sure others would agree
[close]
they've cut back on pretty much everything that made the shoe feel supportive and durable (the heel cup, a good sole, suede) while pushing the price tag up. they felt so much better even just a few years ago
[close]

I have a handful of Blazer Mids from 2016 and 2017: regular and premium models. Worn, skated, and still wear some currently. I've compared those to a couple I've bought in 2019/2020 and tried on in 2022. I disagree completely with them cutting back on all of those features. Did you pull that out of thin air? Nike has barely changed anything about the Blazer Mid since they got popular again post 2015.

They've never really had a super strong heel cup to begin with. The sole is still great (regular and premium models), and the suede seems to be about the same quality on current ones, save for a few models here and there as one-offs. They're still pretty damn durable, but the $90 tag does feel off putting
[close]

The only change I’ve noticed is it seems like there aren’t any models with a mesh/soft heel Nike panel anymore.   They’re all leather (or whatever that material is)
[close]

[close]

Hah shit. Whoops.   But I haven’t seen new colorways do it
[close]

Yeah you're right I think the black/whites are the only ones.

this bugs me too.  the mesh heel panel is the best/most comfortable part of the shoe, IMO. 
hardly art, hardly starving

DarkPools

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 470
« Reply #15352 on: April 27, 2023, 05:50:18 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
[close]

[close]
just wanna make sure i read this right: the two pairs of blazers you skated seven years ago skate the same as the pair you tried on and didn't skate last year?

I skated more than 2, more like 5 minimum. The fit, look, feel, and comfort feels identical in my 2016-2018 Blazers to ones I tried on in store/walked around in store across 2020-2022: leather/suede models.

I didn't say they skated the same, but the general construction is identical. My piece is anecdotal, tho
Super Champion Fun Zone

Frank925

• Rep: -1
« Reply #15353 on: April 28, 2023, 02:44:51 PM »
Does anyone know about any other OG Janoski colorways coming up?

BoxStuffer

• Rep: 110
« Reply #15354 on: April 30, 2023, 07:01:57 PM »
I'm not sure who asked for these.

Enjoy your life.

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 281
« Reply #15355 on: April 30, 2023, 07:02:54 PM »

Fascinated to know why every year there is some weird toxic avenger blazer model

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 854
« Reply #15356 on: April 30, 2023, 08:05:03 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Fascinated to know why every year there is some weird toxic avenger blazer model
Shame cos it's such a nice colourway. Also I think there's a new toxic avenger (or maybe it was just crusaders) coming out

shawngreg

• Rep: 64
« Reply #15357 on: May 01, 2023, 11:25:03 AM »
whens the last time we got a new colorway of the GT blazers?   feels like its been quiet

douchenozzle

• Rep: 30
  • "I am the party"-DLR
« Reply #15358 on: May 01, 2023, 12:22:57 PM »
whens the last time we got a new colorway of the GT blazers?   feels like its been quiet
Nike if you are listening.......Make the black with white colorway with different swoosh colors

Carter

• Rep: -1
« Reply #15359 on: May 01, 2023, 04:32:51 PM »
If anyone here is working for Nike…. Please bring back the Nike dunk elites. I just found a few on eBay and posh mark and I love them. Pretty please re make them