Author Topic: Post UPCOMING/RECENT NIKE SB shoe releases thread  (Read 2380883 times)

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 264
Re: Post UPCOMING/RECENT NIKE SB shoe releases thread
« Reply #15450 on: June 11, 2023, 03:55:52 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
^ very happy somebody remembers ishod had the dunk as a pro model for a while. Everytime I've brought it up people are just like "you mean a colourway?"

Going from memory the dunks from that time were pretty massive in the tongue and collar but the toe was a bit slimmer than shoes of that time
[close]

Not to be "that guy" but he didn't have the Dunk as his "pro model," technically. He did a version/run of Dunks in XYZ colors/slimmer padding with Nike. Then they produced GR Dunks using that same build for a few years and Ishod was the "trial run" to see if that slimmer Dunk would sell. Maybe it's semantics but it's the same example as any other pro that gets their name on a series of colorways of an existing shoe featuring XYZ tech.

They didn't sell that well, if I remember correctly. Saw a lot of dunks from that time on clearance/at outlets.

(My opinion) They're probably some of the worst dunks (colorways were fire) Nike's ever made since they're so uncomfortable. I have a couple pairs (Ishod and non-Ishod colorways) and they're so damn hard to wear.
[close]
It's gotta be a Mandela effect because I got a couple pairs and remember it all being sold as ishods pro along with grant getting the blazer and CK getting the court and there also being regular dunks and blazers available at the same time and the shoe wall at a couple shops I went to were even setup like here's the new pro model ones vs the old standard ones. I'll just never bring it up again lol.
Yes I'd agree they were very uncomfortable I had to sell mine because it was straight up war between my Achilles and the collar of the shoe.

For a long time, when Nike introduced a new model or reconfiguration, they’d give a rider the initial colorway, so maybe that’s part of it. 

I remember that the Project BA wasn’t technically a Brian Anderson pro model and I think in an interview the reasoning was “for tax reasons” which doesn’t really explain a thing.   

Mean salto

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 856
« Reply #15451 on: June 11, 2023, 04:34:08 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
^ very happy somebody remembers ishod had the dunk as a pro model for a while. Everytime I've brought it up people are just like "you mean a colourway?"

Going from memory the dunks from that time were pretty massive in the tongue and collar but the toe was a bit slimmer than shoes of that time
[close]

Not to be "that guy" but he didn't have the Dunk as his "pro model," technically. He did a version/run of Dunks in XYZ colors/slimmer padding with Nike. Then they produced GR Dunks using that same build for a few years and Ishod was the "trial run" to see if that slimmer Dunk would sell. Maybe it's semantics but it's the same example as any other pro that gets their name on a series of colorways of an existing shoe featuring XYZ tech.

They didn't sell that well, if I remember correctly. Saw a lot of dunks from that time on clearance/at outlets.

(My opinion) They're probably some of the worst dunks (colorways were fire) Nike's ever made since they're so uncomfortable. I have a couple pairs (Ishod and non-Ishod colorways) and they're so damn hard to wear.
[close]
It's gotta be a Mandela effect because I got a couple pairs and remember it all being sold as ishods pro along with grant getting the blazer and CK getting the court and there also being regular dunks and blazers available at the same time and the shoe wall at a couple shops I went to were even setup like here's the new pro model ones vs the old standard ones. I'll just never bring it up again lol.
Yes I'd agree they were very uncomfortable I had to sell mine because it was straight up war between my Achilles and the collar of the shoe.
[close]

For a long time, when Nike introduced a new model or reconfiguration, they’d give a rider the initial colorway, so maybe that’s part of it. 

I remember that the Project BA wasn’t technically a Brian Anderson pro model and I think in an interview the reasoning was “for tax reasons” which doesn’t really explain a thing.
Fuck I was willing to just explain why I was wrong and just be wrong but if the project ba isn't Brian Anderson's pro shoe I don't know what to think. What the heck even is a pro shoe these days

Fat Tony

• Rep: 6
« Reply #15452 on: June 11, 2023, 07:35:18 AM »
Has anyone skated in the Nyjah 3s yet? I have some I’ve been breaking in around the house and they seem like they could be the most comfortable skate shoe I’ve tried yet. Interested in peoples opinions who have used them.

montanaco

• Rep: -3
« Reply #15453 on: June 11, 2023, 08:36:46 AM »
Has anyone skated in the Nyjah 3s yet? I have some I’ve been breaking in around the house and they seem like they could be the most comfortable skate shoe I’ve tried yet. Interested in peoples opinions who have used them.

It’s weird, I feel like they’re the best shoes I’ve skated, but I absolutely hated them lmao. Comfy and amazing fit, but I couldn’t get used to how pointy and low they were. My flick never felt right and I’ve never had a shoe that had such horrible lace ripping. The shoe itself is insanely durable.

Daydream

• Rep: 80
« Reply #15454 on: June 11, 2023, 12:47:10 PM »
Powerpuff girls x dunk sb lows coming this year?

mynameisnotjeff

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 584
« Reply #15455 on: June 11, 2023, 01:03:44 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]
Fuck I was willing to just explain why I was wrong and just be wrong but if the project ba isn't Brian Anderson's pro shoe I don't know what to think. What the heck even is a pro shoe these days

Malto had the Lunar One Shot, right?
I remember the Nike SB free having a few colorways and then Colden was the face of the SB Free micro
Nothing I do deserves more than an iphone camera.

DarkPools

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 478
« Reply #15456 on: June 11, 2023, 01:55:05 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]
I'll add this: forgive me if I came off as condescending on this or too correcting. Didn't mean to if you took it that way. Nerding out on skate shoes haha
Maybe I'm wrong in my understanding of the "labels" Nike uses for their riders/pro models, too

I have Ishod and non-ishod dunks. I'll post photos in here when I can! I remember them doing both at the same time. Same thing when GT got his GT Blazer. They had regular Blazer Low and Blazer GT out, as well.

@mynameisnotjeff  I remember that too! Malto doing Lunar One Shot, Colden and Ribeiro doing the SB Free Micro or Nano (whatever tech term they used haha) The soles would peel off those if I remember correctly.  I saw people on IG showing photos of it separating all weird. Super light shoes though!
Super Champion Fun Zone

mynameisnotjeff

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 584
« Reply #15457 on: June 11, 2023, 04:18:37 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]
[close]
I'll add this: forgive me if I came off as condescending on this or too correcting. Didn't mean to if you took it that way. Nerding out on skate shoes haha
Maybe I'm wrong in my understanding of the "labels" Nike uses for their riders/pro models, too

I have Ishod and non-ishod dunks. I'll post photos in here when I can! I remember them doing both at the same time. Same thing when GT got his GT Blazer. They had regular Blazer Low and Blazer GT out, as well.

@mynameisnotjeff  I remember that too! Malto doing Lunar One Shot, Colden and Ribeiro doing the SB Free Micro or Nano (whatever tech term they used haha) The soles would peel off those if I remember correctly.  I saw people on IG showing photos of it separating all weird. Super light shoes though!

I have a pair of the blue ones on ice. I believe the peeling but they’re super comfortable.
Nothing I do deserves more than an iphone camera.

Donkey Lips

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 996
« Reply #15458 on: June 11, 2023, 07:26:22 PM »
Malto doing Lunar One Shot

Had a dunk elite not a oneshot.

And the BA "not a pro model for tax reasons" is still just as funny as the "Nike bought Janoski's name!" rumor.

wuust

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -26
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #15459 on: June 11, 2023, 08:40:36 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

And the BA "not a pro model for tax reasons" is still just as funny as the "Nike bought Janoski's name!" rumor.

that lunar one shot was supposed to be his pro model

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #15460 on: June 11, 2023, 09:24:59 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

I kinda remember the one shot being less of a Malto shoe and more just like hey we've got these 3 guys who all kill sls and are popular but we're not making three new pro shoes plus theyd prob only wear janoskis anyway

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #15461 on: June 11, 2023, 10:08:33 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]
I kinda remember the one shot being less of a Malto shoe and more just like hey we've got these 3 guys who all kill sls and are popular but we're not making three new pro shoes plus theyd prob only wear janoskis anyway

Yeah - Nike pro models are rare and I don’t think Malto ever distinguished himself enough (injuries likely) to merit one.   

Donkey Lips

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 996
« Reply #15462 on: June 12, 2023, 06:39:54 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

It was never supposed to be his pro model. Always a team model. Malto and Shane were used to promote the launch. Not every team shoe was meant to be somebody's pro shoe.

Daydream

• Rep: 80
« Reply #15463 on: June 12, 2023, 07:20:38 AM »

nice colorway. Based off aj1 colorblocking

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #15464 on: June 12, 2023, 08:25:21 AM »
Anyone know what video those Ishod 2 images came from?

Berky

• Rep: -19
« Reply #15465 on: June 12, 2023, 10:25:05 AM »
Anyone know what video those Ishod 2 images came from?
Anyone know when the Ishod 2’s are suppose to drop?

Coldpizza

• Rep: 165
« Reply #15466 on: June 12, 2023, 11:18:24 AM »

Official pics

It reminds me of the pre SB Nike Schrimp from ‘96
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

eSK3

« Reply #15467 on: June 12, 2023, 12:31:14 PM »
It’s a fake cupsole like the Ishod. They look bad in the worst way possible. Imagine getting your name on a Nike shoe and then they hand you that fucking thing? 🤣 Big L 🤣 no wonder they’re slow jamming the Janoski release. They trying to let people eat before that thing takes over once again.

rosemaryBB

• Rep: 33
« Reply #15468 on: June 12, 2023, 02:43:59 PM »
Am I the only one who doesn’t hate the Leos?

CanadianBacon

• Rep: -70
« Reply #15469 on: June 12, 2023, 05:55:22 PM »
I like them.   They remind me a bit of the Salazar Nike shoe.

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #15470 on: June 12, 2023, 10:31:17 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
I don't hate them but I liked them a bit more when they looked like a regular cupsole. Maybe in person they'll look better. They are probably pretty good as just a solid shoe to skate in

BL0B

• Rep: 414
« Reply #15471 on: June 12, 2023, 11:24:50 PM »

It reminds me of the pre SB Nike Schrimp from ‘96

hello, you puffy SOB!

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #15472 on: June 12, 2023, 11:34:41 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
I don't hate them but I liked them a bit more when they looked like a regular cupsole. Maybe in person they'll look better. They are probably pretty good as just a solid shoe to skate in

This

drewdc

• Rep: -85
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #15473 on: June 13, 2023, 09:44:04 AM »
any new Gt Blazers coming soon ? love that shoe great board feel

kneebone

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 356
« Reply #15474 on: June 13, 2023, 09:47:31 AM »
any new Gt Blazers coming soon ? love that shoe great board feel
SPoT just posted these

concerned_parent

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 283
« Reply #15475 on: June 13, 2023, 09:59:27 AM »
leo shoe looks pretty good from the top view.

good come sausage

YMCMB

• Rep: 50
« Reply #15476 on: June 13, 2023, 10:02:08 AM »

Boomerang/Banana shaped ass shoe.
Like a worse Crockett Hi and 440 Hi.

FakieFlipCG

• Rep: 36
« Reply #15477 on: June 13, 2023, 10:15:09 AM »
Banana shape is foot-shaped and way better than the skinny, straight line that the bruin react and ishod have.

sk84gay

• Rep: -24
« Reply #15478 on: June 13, 2023, 10:38:30 AM »

not to everyone

Nora did it better

Lukabrazi

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 152
« Reply #15479 on: June 13, 2023, 11:59:14 AM »
why does the shoe on the right in the image, (the left shoe) have such a fucked up half circle section, you can see it on the official pics just how wonky it is, other images its fine, but I hope thats not the quality control they are putting out there.