Author Topic: Post UPCOMING/RECENT NIKE SB shoe releases thread  (Read 2382145 times)

Mean salto

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 856
Re: Post UPCOMING/RECENT NIKE SB shoe releases thread
« Reply #16770 on: April 12, 2024, 02:46:56 AM »
^Look real clean
 do they have a thick insole or something? Are they the soles off that Gino challenge court from way back

Síota

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 800
« Reply #16771 on: April 12, 2024, 05:25:21 AM »
^Look real clean
 do they have a thick insole or something? Are they the soles off that Gino challenge court from way back
They do indeed have a thick insole. Here they are with an SB dunk and a gt blazer low:

Idk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 304
« Reply #16772 on: April 12, 2024, 05:43:23 AM »
Expand Quote
Remember when Supra made those Ellingtons that looked like b-rate remakes of his Emerica shoe? This looks like a (better) Nike version of the Ellington Li Ning

[close]
Was going to say the same.
Nike should stick with Blazers, Dunks and the ocasional pro model like the Ishod 2.
Add the Gatos and I’d be ok with this.

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 682
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
    • my youtube avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #16773 on: April 12, 2024, 06:41:45 AM »
What is the difference between the "normal" SB Blazers and the GT Blazers?

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 36
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #16774 on: April 12, 2024, 07:23:42 AM »
What is the difference between the "normal" SB Blazers and the GT Blazers?
I believe that GT have a "lower" toe in the sense of rubber height regarding regular blazers.
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

shawngreg

• Rep: 63
« Reply #16775 on: April 12, 2024, 07:43:41 AM »
GTs are generally low tops.  they're almost always canvas in the back, and some version of leather/suede up front.  they have a smoother, higher taping on the outsole compared to regular blazers.  im sure theres other things but those are the stand out differences

Troubadour26

• Rep: 76
« Reply #16776 on: April 12, 2024, 07:53:27 AM »
to me, the GT’s also fit really well compared to the Blazer SB. I feel my heel pop into the back of the shoe and it fits like a glove, like a soccer boot almost. I don’t know if the Blazer SB also has the tongue straps but the GT does. I wanna say that the GT has a thinner tongue also.

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 682
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
    • my youtube avatar image
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #16777 on: April 12, 2024, 08:52:08 AM »
OK, I got the GT Blazer and I am really enjoying it. Price was right too. So if I get the normal Blazer I probably won't notice a ton of difference? I am gonna try to keep getting this one for now!

Scarecrow Radio

• Rep: 27
  • we are the music makers
« Reply #16778 on: April 12, 2024, 10:07:59 AM »
GT Blazers also have a fake leather lining the collar that will eat your achilles tendon through your sock just walking around in them

kook1234

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 138
« Reply #16779 on: April 12, 2024, 10:29:29 AM »
the last lace hole is some kind of metal on the GTs

jakeumms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1324
  • Runnin through the house with a pickle in my mouth
« Reply #16780 on: April 12, 2024, 11:07:08 AM »
Expand Quote
^Look real clean
[close]
They do indeed have a thick insole. Here they are with an SB dunk and a gt blazer low:

Those look pretty Reacty. I wonder if they are dumping the name and keeping the tech?
them cats are out getting mashed up to jungle, he's out mashing up jungle cats. it's just not gonna work.

Safariferrari

• Rep: 42
« Reply #16781 on: April 12, 2024, 11:10:10 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
^Look real clean
[close]

[close]
Those look pretty Reacty. I wonder if they are dumping the name and keeping the tech?
the fc insole is solarsoft which is a derivative of lunarlon. its the same shoe they released in 2017.

jakeumms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1324
  • Runnin through the house with a pickle in my mouth
« Reply #16782 on: April 12, 2024, 11:26:57 AM »
^Ah I see. The heelcup in the insole threw me off.
them cats are out getting mashed up to jungle, he's out mashing up jungle cats. it's just not gonna work.

SupremePizza

• Rep: 44
« Reply #16783 on: April 12, 2024, 02:02:12 PM »

Supposedly these will be dropping next Thursday

marcusbutler

• Rep: 39
« Reply #16784 on: April 12, 2024, 11:43:16 PM »
When's the release on the sb classics?
We rode 7.5's" and didn't complain.

CarcassToss

• Rep: 25
« Reply #16785 on: April 13, 2024, 07:09:44 AM »
The FC are cups right?

chillclinton87

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 134
« Reply #16786 on: April 13, 2024, 07:31:47 AM »
The FC are cups right?

yep!

the shoes are really dependent on the insole since that makes up most of the cushioning. Still it is a thicker outsole compared to like bruin reacts, where also the midsole does all the cushioning.

found hella pairs of the FC classic around 2019 at my local outlet and decided to buy both. TTS and skated surprisingly good as far as i remember!

think they were a little on the tighter side maybe?

Síota

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #16787 on: April 13, 2024, 08:07:40 AM »
Expand Quote
The FC are cups right?
[close]

yep!

the shoes are really dependent on the insole since that makes up most of the cushioning. Still it is a thicker outsole compared to like bruin reacts, where also the midsole does all the cushioning.

found hella pairs of the FC classic around 2019 at my local outlet and decided to buy both. TTS and skated surprisingly good as far as i remember!

think they were a little on the tighter side maybe?
Can weigh them Monday if you really want to know. But they do feel lighter than dunks that's forsure.

shawngreg

• Rep: 63
« Reply #16788 on: April 15, 2024, 06:51:54 AM »
i'm curious about the FC's if anyones picked up a pair.  how are they in person?  materials, shape, fit, etc.  would love to see some photos as well if available

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 36
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #16789 on: April 15, 2024, 07:17:01 AM »
i'm curious about the FC's if anyones picked up a pair.  how are they in person?  materials, shape, fit, etc.  would love to see some photos as well if available
I had the OG ones from 2017 I believe where you could read solarsoft (or something like that on in the insole). They were pretty comfy but they didn't fit me since ai ordered TTS as always on Nike but those were for sure +.5 at the very least.
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

Bristol_Palin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 512
« Reply #16790 on: April 15, 2024, 04:04:47 PM »
Expand Quote

I wish these would come back instead.
[close]

Agreed. Have this exact pair but soles separating, bought second hand, wish I got to skate em.

Wish they brought these back too. Back in like 2016-2017 they made an all black ftc pair with this sole. Thought that meant it was coming back but no. Regret not buying them

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 712
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #16791 on: April 15, 2024, 04:26:09 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

Agreed. Have this exact pair but soles separating, bought second hand, wish I got to skate em.
[close]

Wish they brought these back too. Back in like 2016-2017 they made an all black ftc pair with this sole. Thought that meant it was coming back but no. Regret not buying them

It was not the same sole, it's the Lunar Gato sole.
https://image-cdn.hypb.st/https%3A%2F%2Fhypebeast.com%2Fimage%2F2017%2F03%2Fnike-sb-lunar-fc-classic-5.jpg?cbr=1&q=90

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

SBlover

• Rep: -16
« Reply #16792 on: April 15, 2024, 06:37:54 PM »
Anyone else hoping for a simple Black/White WairMax?

Bristol_Palin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 512
« Reply #16793 on: April 15, 2024, 06:53:54 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

https://image-cdn.hypb.st/https%3A%2F%2Fhypebeast.com%2Fimage%2F2017%2F03%2Fnike-sb-lunar-fc-classic-5.jpg?cbr=1&q=90

Ahh yeah you’re right not the same. Still like it better than the classic but those red ones a beauties

Síota

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #16794 on: April 16, 2024, 01:25:37 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
I had the OG ones from 2017 I believe where you could read solarsoft (or something like that on in the insole). They were pretty comfy but they didn't fit me since ai ordered TTS as always on Nike but those were for sure +.5 at the very least.
I posted pic's of them on the page before this. You can still read solarsoft on the insoles. On the top of this page there is photos of the insoles.

Jim and Dan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 476
  • Twenty-six Conversions in A.D. 46
« Reply #16795 on: April 16, 2024, 04:57:10 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Ahh yeah you’re right not the same. Still like it better than the classic but those red ones a beauties

Had the FC Barcelona one's when they released, loved 'em and they skated nice!
Roll for Rusty, Frip, Dapple and Tate

"My boiz better take my body, and boardslide me down the fucking bridge, in San Francisco"

JM

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 219
  • sup dog
« Reply #16796 on: April 16, 2024, 06:41:21 AM »
So, just curious since I was in the shop on Sunday and saw some sitting on the counter:

Who is going to skate their Live Laugh Love’s?
Another brand new account coming in on some absolute fuck shit

chillclinton87

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #16797 on: April 17, 2024, 03:14:43 AM »
So, just curious since I was in the shop on Sunday and saw some sitting on the counter:

if i can get my hands on them i will skate them.....still haven't decided if i'd try to get them. dunks and how they fit my foot really depends on the materials they use wich i am sure i'm not alone with.

for example, the fogs fit right out the box, no pressure points but them being suede made them floppy rather quick.
white leather carry over: suuuper tight in the beginning, had to wear them around the house but footpain was harsh after an hour. after skating them for a bit they loosen up and keep their shape quite good.
grey dunks/ wolf greys: best of both worlds, a lil tight in the beinning, keeping their shape, lasted pretty great.

then the live laugh love dunks have that weird material on the top of the toes, like rope type material. i had the unbleached dunk highs from a few years ago that looked to be similar- flicked through the shoes in no time, deadly tight and kinda bad fitting so in conclusion i'm hasitant when it comes to those, end rant!

spacial_profiling

• Rep: -88
« Reply #16798 on: April 17, 2024, 05:52:51 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

if i can get my hands on them i will skate them.....still haven't decided if i'd try to get them. dunks and how they fit my foot really depends on the materials they use wich i am sure i'm not alone with.

for example, the fogs fit right out the box, no pressure points but them being suede made them floppy rather quick.
white leather carry over: suuuper tight in the beginning, had to wear them around the house but footpain was harsh after an hour. after skating them for a bit they loosen up and keep their shape quite good.
grey dunks/ wolf greys: best of both worlds, a lil tight in the beinning, keeping their shape, lasted pretty great.

then the live laugh love dunks have that weird material on the top of the toes, like rope type material. i had the unbleached dunk highs from a few years ago that looked to be similar- flicked through the shoes in no time, deadly tight and kinda bad fitting so in conclusion i'm hasitant when it comes to those, end rant!
100% to all of this. And although they do fit diff I still stick to the same size, but stay clear of weird materials or construction. Ran only suede for a few years recently, that was great. Switched to leather and that was good on an older pair, but since they've been restocking the gums it seems everything has gotten a tad tighter. I got those two recenlt sail suede ones and have to run em with dress socks, shit's a bop. Everything slimming into that sorta fit it feels. Even the Jano's FFS.

chillclinton87

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #16799 on: April 18, 2024, 02:42:01 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
100% to all of this. And although they do fit diff I still stick to the same size, but stay clear of weird materials or construction. Ran only suede for a few years recently, that was great. Switched to leather and that was good on an older pair, but since they've been restocking the gums it seems everything has gotten a tad tighter. I got those two recenlt sail suede ones and have to run em with dress socks, shit's a bop. Everything slimming into that sorta fit it feels. Even the Jano's FFS.

i remember trying to fit janoskis on back when the OGs really first came out: even at a full size up i could barely fit half my foot in. shit got better and i eventually tried skating them. my knees were done for 3 weeks after that lil session  :(

back to topic- dunks should overall fit the same but difference in materials is harsh sometimes