Author Topic: Post UPCOMING/RECENT NIKE SB shoe releases thread  (Read 2357630 times)

DanRar009 (+ 1 Hidden) and 5 Guests are viewing this topic.

Quique

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 52
Re: Post UPCOMING/RECENT NIKE SB shoe releases thread
« Reply #11670 on: November 22, 2020, 12:43:49 PM »
Expand Quote
Did the Dunk Mid Freshwaters ever actually drop? Mightve spaced out and missed it but I only see sponsored people skating them
[close]
the only place in the US they dropped was Seattle. I know they dropped like normal in EU tho.

Funny that you ask about the freshwaters, found them yesterday on a Nike store, lots of sizes available. Still don't know if I'm gonna skate them, they look too nice.

hobochimp

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 277
« Reply #11671 on: November 22, 2020, 01:28:49 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Did the Dunk Mid Freshwaters ever actually drop? Mightve spaced out and missed it but I only see sponsored people skating them
[close]
the only place in the US they dropped was Seattle. I know they dropped like normal in EU tho.
[close]

Funny that you ask about the freshwaters, found them yesterday on a Nike store, lots of sizes available. Still don't know if I'm gonna skate them, they look too nice.

Wow that is unreal luck. Would love to get a pair of those to skate

DirtyBurger

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 116
« Reply #11672 on: November 22, 2020, 02:54:03 PM »
I'm getting onion rings with dipping sauces vibes from that left shoe

thefriscokid

• Rep: 6
« Reply #11673 on: November 22, 2020, 06:48:17 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]

Goddamnit I cant find them anywhere, if you find a 9.5 I will honestly pay you for a pair
two times

hobochimp

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #11675 on: November 22, 2020, 11:51:38 PM »
https://www.instagram.com/p/CH2CIhwslTh/?igshid=m52b81djgrcw

Not gonna lie I am actually super into these. I’ve always liked some wild colorways on a classic silhouette like the dunk. It’s funny to me that colorways that would be super weird and probably sell poorly are now the most sought after. Take the chunky dunky for example

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1429
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #11676 on: November 23, 2020, 01:47:49 AM »

Not gonna lie I am actually super into these. I’ve always liked some wild colorways on a classic silhouette like the dunk. It’s funny to me that colorways that would be super weird and probably sell poorly are now the most sought after. Take the chunky dunky for example

they are only sought after because the quantitiy is low and even access is limited, making them more a prestige object than something of real use. for some it's an investment to flip. i'd say probably 2 or 3 out of 10 buyers of these shoe actually wear them at any point, and then it's to flex and not as an everyday shoe. for the others the shoe is a collectors item/potential flipping object. so i'd say it's irrelevant to 70% how the shoe looks. which means nike can basically go as crazy as they want. no one ever wanted a pair of shoes like this and whoever designed these probably giggled his ass off while doing so and enjoying his cocaine breakfast as i am writing this.

hobochimp

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #11677 on: November 23, 2020, 08:59:16 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

they are only sought after because the quantitiy is low and even access is limited, making them more a prestige object than something of real use. for some it's an investment to flip. i'd say probably 2 or 3 out of 10 buyers of these shoe actually wear them at any point, and then it's to flex and not as an everyday shoe. for the others the shoe is a collectors item/potential flipping object. so i'd say it's irrelevant to 70% how the shoe looks. which means nike can basically go as crazy as they want. no one ever wanted a pair of shoes like this and whoever designed these probably giggled his ass off while doing so and enjoying his cocaine breakfast as i am writing this.

I absolutely agree. The sneaker game has been absolutely ruined by everyone who thinks they’re gonna get rich off flipping shoes. It’s really a shame that the few people like me who enjoy the wild colorways and would actually wear them are also financially responsible enough to know better than pay resell and end up just not getting the shoes. Not to mention that these are skate shoes meant to be skated in and destroyed not put on the shelf to never be touched :(

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1042
  • Slap's Resident Sneakerhead
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.
Tate is one of the best posters that's not me

Donkey Lips

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1020
« Reply #11679 on: November 23, 2020, 11:36:15 AM »
That toebox stitching is fucking awful

jerrygurneyscream

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 130
« Reply #11680 on: November 23, 2020, 12:09:50 PM »
I was just thinking "damn dunks are starting to look like racecars"

Then I saw the post of the dunk colorway based off a racecar

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1429
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #11681 on: November 23, 2020, 01:27:14 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

I absolutely agree. The sneaker game has been absolutely ruined by everyone who thinks they’re gonna get rich off flipping shoes. It’s really a shame that the few people like me who enjoy the wild colorways and would actually wear them are also financially responsible enough to know better than pay resell and end up just not getting the shoes. Not to mention that these are skate shoes meant to be skated in and destroyed not put on the shelf to never be touched :(

i totally back you wanting more than boring black and white shoes to skate. it's all unfortunate. and nike probably doesn't even make a lot of money with all these limited releases, since they are too few pairs. but the turnover is good i guess. it's more or less just to block that marketplace for others.

have you seen those ni-ling ellingtons? those looked kinda rad and were fairly colorful.

jay_nev

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #11682 on: November 23, 2020, 01:29:31 PM »
Entered a raffle at my local for the chicago SB dunks... delivery/shipments of these pairs seems all over the place. These, Turdunken, and atmos pair all within a week

hobochimp

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #11683 on: November 23, 2020, 07:07:55 PM »
Entered a raffle at my local for the chicago SB dunks... delivery/shipments of these pairs seems all over the place. These, Turdunken, and atmos pair all within a week

Dunks have been all over the place shipment wise this year. Atmos was the most consistent general release dunk so far this year. Seemed like pretty much every shop that was gonna get pairs got them on schedule for the release date. Chicago’s have been super hit or miss and the Turdunken got pushed back due to delays. General release dunks this year like the laser orange and acg terra I’ve seen release super randomly. Kind of a bummer because those are by far the best colorways

Quique

• Rep: 52
« Reply #11684 on: November 23, 2020, 07:09:33 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]

Goddamnit I cant find them anywhere, if you find a 9.5 I will honestly pay you for a pair

I'm pretty sure there was a 9.5, I know I grabbed the only sz10 pair. Unfortunately I live outside US, shipping could cost some money, but if you are willing to cover both shoes and shipping I would gladly sent them to you ( shoes itself costed me ~$100 on my currency).

And yes pretty lucky, also found isle blazer mids on the same store.

Lukabrazi

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 152
« Reply #11685 on: November 23, 2020, 09:19:52 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

I'm pretty sure there was a 9.5, I know I grabbed the only sz10 pair. Unfortunately I live outside US, shipping could cost some money, but if you are willing to cover both shoes and shipping I would gladly sent them to you ( shoes itself costed me ~$100 on my currency).

And yes pretty lucky, also found isle blazer mids on the same store.

This makes sense . They were only released in seattle in the US.

Out of some crazy luck in the world my local scored some Philly dunks today and I was able to grab my size . Even added 20% off because of a holiday sale on shoes . Pretty blown away to grab a pair for under $100 . Can’t wait to skate them .

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.

wake and bacon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 188
  • ∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞
« Reply #11687 on: November 24, 2020, 12:26:07 PM »
big skip
:) I must have been tripping last night

dumptruck12

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Rep: -102

144p

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1020
    • 35th Ave Skates avatar image
« Reply #11689 on: November 24, 2020, 01:28:20 PM »
Fwiw anything that is a qs gets priority and is shipped express as there is a release schedule.
All GR dunks are a free for all and could ship out at any time to any account.
Or at times an account may only get a small portion of their prebook and then not get anymore for months. It’s a strange thing but that’s the state of things.

hobochimp

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #11690 on: November 24, 2020, 04:39:28 PM »
https://www.instagram.com/p/CH-4P_Zg-mb/?igshid=cqovma7kpr88

Saw these on ig earlier. So dumb and ugly. I hate this wannabe artsy style of deconstructed shoe. I will say though these would last forever if skated because of all the extra layers but too ugly to even consider

Trilogy

• Rep: -230
« Reply #11691 on: November 24, 2020, 05:22:32 PM »
With all the resources they have why do all Nike SB shoes look so bad or boring???

It's ridiculous!

rosemaryBB

• Rep: 26
« Reply #11692 on: November 25, 2020, 04:57:42 PM »

Saw these on ig earlier. So dumb and ugly. I hate this wannabe artsy style of deconstructed shoe. I will say though these would last forever if skated because of all the extra layers but too ugly to even consider

Honestly I would fucking love these if the toebox swoosh was just a regular suede toecap like on other blazers and if the swoosh on the side was either standard or just regular stitching. They would probably last forever especially with some superglue on the stitching and I love an all black hightop

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal

thefriscokid

• Rep: 6
« Reply #11694 on: November 25, 2020, 06:25:03 PM »
whats up with these?
two times

hobochimp

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #11695 on: November 25, 2020, 07:48:20 PM »
whats up with these?

This is an old colorway. Not sure from exactly when but I think like at least 5 years ago.

hobochimp

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #11696 on: November 25, 2020, 07:49:43 PM »
https://www.instagram.com/p/CIBxssTJ30H/?igshid=4a8gwrym4cma

These flax joints are growing on me. Look great on board. Shame not many will get skated :/

jay_nev

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #11697 on: November 25, 2020, 09:26:11 PM »
Yeah they really should just be a general release within the line to buy and skate. I had an old dunk colorway non-SB pretty much the same as that

hobochimp

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #11698 on: November 25, 2020, 11:34:25 PM »
Yeah they really should just be a general release within the line to buy and skate. I had an old dunk colorway non-SB pretty much the same as that

They technically are a general release but given the current situation with Nike sb general release doesn’t mean much. The Chicago dunks are general release but you certainly won’t see those available at your local next time you stop in. Just interesting

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #11699 on: November 26, 2020, 12:19:41 AM »
Expand Quote
whats up with these?
[close]

This is an old colorway. Not sure from exactly when but I think like at least 5 years ago.

I don’t think this is an old colorway. I don’t remember them.

Could be a future release.