Author Topic: Post UPCOMING/RECENT NIKE SB shoe releases thread  (Read 2381294 times)

notinternetfamous

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 310
  • Watch PURGATORY - the Sproul video
Re: Post UPCOMING/RECENT NIKE SB shoe releases thread
« Reply #15300 on: April 18, 2023, 07:45:24 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
is this a summer time release? that would be stupid, f'ing sweat boxes!

but good for him.
[close]

Shave your head to counteract
[close]

like manscaping?
[close]
I think you’re talking about the other head
[close]

You get hair on that?

ChompskyHonk

• Rep: 8
  • flow state in the bruh dimension
« Reply #15301 on: April 18, 2023, 07:47:41 AM »

SBlover

• Rep: -16
« Reply #15302 on: April 18, 2023, 08:14:07 AM »
Ishod 2 is the shoe I’m most excited for this year. After skating the triple black Ishod 1’s the past few sessions I can see why they’re a hit or miss with skaters my right pinky toe feels so damn smashed. Regardless though Ishod 2 later this year I’m excited!

astro

• Rep: 2
« Reply #15303 on: April 18, 2023, 03:03:39 PM »
Thinking of buying a pair of blazers, do certain colorways skate better than others? I'm definitely getting suede and not leather, but I think I heard once that certain color swooshes rip faster

notinternetfamous

« Reply #15304 on: April 18, 2023, 03:27:23 PM »
Thinking of buying a pair of blazers, do certain colorways skate better than others? I'm definitely getting suede and not leather, but I think I heard once that certain color swooshes rip faster
you're worried about the swoosh?? the material shouldn't really affect that since the swoosh is just stitched on. get whatever colorway you want; apply lite superglue to the stitching if you're that concerned about it

jsettle

• Rep: 134
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #15305 on: April 19, 2023, 05:07:15 AM »

They have all been good for me....colorway wont matter

BoxStuffer

• Rep: 114
« Reply #15306 on: April 19, 2023, 07:06:30 AM »
New tan GTs.

Enjoy your life.

KBizzle

• Rep: -17
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #15307 on: April 19, 2023, 08:58:04 AM »

Every Nike SB shoe feels different no matter the style/color.

Ed boy

• Rep: 80
« Reply #15308 on: April 19, 2023, 10:33:15 AM »

notinternetfamous

« Reply #15309 on: April 19, 2023, 01:16:02 PM »
blazers suck and are not worth $90 anymore
hot take right here haha what about them suck to you? it's literally their best vulc option and i'm sure others would agree
Blazer mids are usually pretty easy to find below $60 tbh

https://shop.ccs.com/products/nike-sb-zoom-blazer-mid-shoes-summit-white-university-red-summit-white?variant=41242037944503&gclid=CjwKCAjwov6hBhBsEiwAvrvN6AT5vBtN2hliVqqvoDBqx65-RBRzS4rTECvwLn7rK-Yax4X7zpn24RoCEKkQAvD_BwE

Safariferrari

• Rep: 42
« Reply #15310 on: April 19, 2023, 03:35:29 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

what even are these takes???
why would the swoosh ripping even matter for performance?
A suede blazer vs leather blazer would skate more or less the same with the exception of break-in time, durability, and flick of the uppers. The boardfeel of any nike vulc is pretty much the same across all the models with the herringbone vulc tread and standard zoom air insole (blazer mid/hi, bruin (not react), pogo, janoski, shane, verona, etc...).
« Last Edit: April 19, 2023, 03:42:24 PM by Safariferrari »

dumptruck12

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Rep: -104
« Reply #15311 on: April 19, 2023, 06:02:36 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
what even are these takes???
why would the swoosh ripping even matter for performance?
A suede blazer vs leather blazer would skate more or less the same with the exception of break-in time, durability, and flick of the uppers. The boardfeel of any nike vulc is pretty much the same across all the models with the herringbone vulc tread and standard zoom air insole (blazer mid/hi, bruin (not react), pogo, janoski, shane, verona, etc...).

While we’re on talk about blazers,
Does anyone feel like they are getting tighter? I went from 10 to 10.5 but some pairs still feel so tight which is weird

funeral_tuxedo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1157
  • old and in the way
« Reply #15312 on: April 19, 2023, 06:35:52 PM »

the only thing I've noticed is that the amount of midsole foam often varies from colorway to colorway

Nth syd bear

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 302
« Reply #15313 on: April 19, 2023, 07:15:45 PM »
I like the blazer mids except 2 things

Im Over having to swap out insoles and nike insoles are a fraud
There's 37 lace holes on the mids and there a pain in the ass if put them on take em of

Good flick and they look good too

doctorkickflip

• Rep: 44
« Reply #15314 on: April 19, 2023, 07:58:24 PM »
I like the blazer mids except 2 things

Im Over having to swap out insoles and nike insoles are a fraud
There's 37 lace holes on the mids and there a pain in the ass if put them on take em of

Good flick and they look good too
I skip some of the lace holes near the top of the shoe (but not the top hole) Makes them faster to tighten up and I haven’t noticed any loss of stability.

Perforated Opinions

• Rep: -198
« Reply #15315 on: April 20, 2023, 01:22:26 AM »

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 264
« Reply #15316 on: April 20, 2023, 01:46:13 AM »
Why does Malto get to do these things?  He still have crazy throngs of fans?

Nth syd bear

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 302
« Reply #15317 on: April 20, 2023, 02:47:49 AM »
^^Apparently he knows EL-P

concerned_parent

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 283
« Reply #15318 on: April 20, 2023, 04:53:11 AM »

i also know ELP

good come sausage

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #15319 on: April 20, 2023, 06:49:05 AM »
So weird Killer Mike just announced a new solo album and his first single features El-P

apport

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 292
« Reply #15320 on: April 20, 2023, 07:24:19 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

i also know ELP

[Verse 2: El-P]
Brain rape trained by the burners of books
Call this Emerson, Lake and Palmer, Def Jux

adult me is happy he is getting money, but i can't help but be a little sad for my teenage self knowing el-p became such a corny sellout

let's remember better times

all that said, i wouldn't mind a pair of the RTJ lows

KBizzle

• Rep: -17
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #15321 on: April 20, 2023, 11:16:22 AM »

Seems like Nike SB uses the 'cool guys' on the team for hypebeast releases. Koston, Malto, Dashawn etc.

DirtyBurger

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 116
« Reply #15322 on: April 20, 2023, 01:12:57 PM »

I feel like all of Kansas City keep his career going. Him and Patrick Mahomes are their favorite sons

Trilogy

• Rep: -265
« Reply #15323 on: April 20, 2023, 02:44:40 PM »

I don't know what you guys are about, but RTJ is dope and usually I don't like dunks very much but these ones are pretty cool!

Donkey Lips

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 996
« Reply #15324 on: April 20, 2023, 03:27:45 PM »
Why does Malto get to do these things?

Only one with nothing else to do.

DarkPools

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 478
« Reply #15325 on: April 21, 2023, 04:04:28 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
hot take right here haha what about them suck to you? it's literally their best vulc option and i'm sure others would agree
[close]
they've cut back on pretty much everything that made the shoe feel supportive and durable (the heel cup, a good sole, suede) while pushing the price tag up. they felt so much better even just a few years ago

I have a handful of Blazer Mids from 2016 and 2017: regular and premium models. Worn, skated, and still wear some currently. I've compared those to a couple I've bought in 2019/2020 and tried on in 2022. I disagree completely with them cutting back on all of those features. Did you pull that out of thin air? Nike has barely changed anything about the Blazer Mid since they got popular again post 2015.

They've never really had a super strong heel cup to begin with. The sole is still great (regular and premium models), and the suede seems to be about the same quality on current ones, save for a few models here and there as one-offs. They're still pretty damn durable, but the $90 tag does feel off putting
Super Champion Fun Zone

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #15326 on: April 21, 2023, 04:21:21 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
they've cut back on pretty much everything that made the shoe feel supportive and durable (the heel cup, a good sole, suede) while pushing the price tag up. they felt so much better even just a few years ago
[close]

I have a handful of Blazer Mids from 2016 and 2017: regular and premium models. Worn, skated, and still wear some currently. I've compared those to a couple I've bought in 2019/2020 and tried on in 2022. I disagree completely with them cutting back on all of those features. Did you pull that out of thin air? Nike has barely changed anything about the Blazer Mid since they got popular again post 2015.

They've never really had a super strong heel cup to begin with. The sole is still great (regular and premium models), and the suede seems to be about the same quality on current ones, save for a few models here and there as one-offs. They're still pretty damn durable, but the $90 tag does feel off putting

The only change I’ve noticed is it seems like there aren’t any models with a mesh/soft heel Nike panel anymore.   They’re all leather (or whatever that material is)

newguy

« Reply #15327 on: April 21, 2023, 05:14:12 PM »
I wish they made Blazer Mids zoom premiums in white and blue again, it was my favorite skate shoe but now theyre impossible to find

Donkey Lips

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 996
« Reply #15328 on: April 22, 2023, 03:03:28 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
[close]

[close]

The only change I’ve noticed is it seems like there aren’t any models with a mesh/soft heel Nike panel anymore.   They’re all leather (or whatever that material is)

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #15329 on: April 22, 2023, 04:43:03 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]

Hah shit. Whoops.   But I haven’t seen new colorways do it