Author Topic: Post UPCOMING/RECENT NIKE SB shoe releases thread  (Read 2358190 times)

A Not At All Naughty Chemist, Berky (+ 1 Hidden) and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Watson

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2197
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Re: Post UPCOMING/RECENT NIKE SB shoe releases thread
« Reply #15390 on: May 18, 2023, 02:43:35 PM »
Is it the angles or are these blazers higher than the usual blazer?

I mean.... does it matter?

apport

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 282
« Reply #15391 on: May 19, 2023, 05:19:28 AM »
eww what the hell are those blazers, god nike sb sucks

spacial_profiling

• Rep: -86
« Reply #15392 on: May 19, 2023, 07:33:47 AM »
Expand Quote
Is it the angles or are these blazers higher than the usual blazer?
[close]

I mean.... does it matter?
Yes, because clowny.

Definitely higher. Edging into boxing shoes territory.

Donkey Lips

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1020
« Reply #15393 on: May 22, 2023, 08:51:19 AM »
Oh yeah it's definitely the fraction of an in height that makes them clowny.

BoxStuffer

• Rep: 110
« Reply #15394 on: May 26, 2023, 07:38:54 AM »
Court Purple OL Blazers

Enjoy your life.

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 694
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

GBLange

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 274
« Reply #15396 on: May 27, 2023, 10:29:08 PM »
Leo Baker shoe:
https://www.instagram.com/p/CsoVRHZNFbK/?igshid=ZWQyN2ExYTkwZQ==

can't go wrong with the red white blue color combo.. shoe looks ok..

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 854
« Reply #15397 on: May 27, 2023, 11:34:45 PM »
Leo's look fukn sick. Normally don't like the bumper bar look and wasn't really into the adversary shoe which has a lot of similar features but it all looks much better in the leo

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 283
« Reply #15398 on: May 28, 2023, 02:21:29 AM »
http://www.instagram.com/p/CsoVRHZNFbK/?igshid=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==

In case thst link was busted…

I dig them a lot.    These might not be the colorways for me, but I could see something that’d tickle my fancy

Carter

• Rep: -1
« Reply #15399 on: May 29, 2023, 06:29:53 AM »
bummer photo is gone

Donkey Lips

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #15400 on: May 30, 2023, 06:14:35 AM »
In case the ig post gets taken down:

Looking really good, honestly.

Fast_Freddie

• Rep: 58
    • SOMD Skateboard Association avatar image
« Reply #15401 on: May 30, 2023, 06:39:09 AM »
Doesn't look terrible... kinda NB440ish

Crap

• Rep: 77
« Reply #15402 on: May 30, 2023, 08:23:50 AM »
From the translated version of that caption:
Pretty soon, @Leo_Baker will be expanding the Nike SB catalogue even further with the launch of its own pro-model. 🏳️ ⚧️

With React technology at its core, the Nike SB React Leo emerged through photos of two colorways, where we see leather and mesh panels overlap and forming a mid-pipe leather.

There is still no official information on when the new model will be launched, but we can already have some impressions through the images.

Whether that means 'full length react midsole' or 'no midsole at all, react foam insole' pretty much makes or breaks this shoe for me. It looks fine, but if the thing that makes it a 'react' shoe is an insole (like the Ishod and the BRSB), I'm not interested at all. Seems like every big Nike running tech eventually makes its way to the skate line as a cheap little insole (instead of actually being built into the structure of the shoe), and the shoes rarely catch on.

Donkey Lips

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #15403 on: May 30, 2023, 11:05:09 AM »
Guessing a full React outsole wouldn't handle the abrasion of grip very well, and that's why they stuff it in as an insole. Or it's a brand issue like Koston had with his first couple of shoes – wanted Lunarlon but couldn't use the Lunarlon ridges on a skate outsole, so they just said fuck it and made the insole lunar.

TreyPhillip

• Rep: 17
« Reply #15404 on: May 30, 2023, 11:38:55 AM »
Expand Quote
Pretty soon, @Leo_Baker will be expanding the Nike SB catalogue even further with the launch of its own pro-model. ️ ⚧️

With React technology at its core, the Nike SB React Leo emerged through photos of two colorways, where we see leather and mesh panels overlap and forming a mid-pipe leather.

There is still no official information on when the new model will be launched, but we can already have some impressions through the images.
[close]

Whether that means 'full length react midsole' or 'no midsole at all, react foam insole' pretty much makes or breaks this shoe for me. It looks fine, but if the thing that makes it a 'react' shoe is an insole (like the Ishod and the BRSB), I'm not interested at all. Seems like every big Nike running tech eventually makes its way to the skate line as a cheap little insole (instead of actually being built into the structure of the shoe), and the shoes rarely catch on.
In the case of it being a 'react foam insole' what would the issue be? Would this not be theoretically the same as gluing in the same react insole down and covering it with a thin piece of fabric? Im just curious what your gripe is?

Madam, I'm Adam

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1359
« Reply #15405 on: May 30, 2023, 12:08:01 PM »
Just FYI the Yuto Dunks drop August 18th from what I've seen

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 694
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #15406 on: May 30, 2023, 07:16:29 PM »

It’s cool they are getting a shoe, but I actually think they look really generic and uninspired… also the way they stitched the midsole looks so ass. Looks like it was assembled at someone’s workshop.

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

apport

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 282
« Reply #15407 on: May 31, 2023, 12:45:14 AM »
yeah i agree they don’t look great, the chunky stitching on the midsole is ugly. those colorways don’t help either, the halloween joints or one that looks like it’s going to be flying across home plate when you’re up to bat.

eSK3

« Reply #15408 on: May 31, 2023, 04:35:36 AM »

They definitely don’t look good, honestly. Easy pass. Just like the Ishod shoe. Nike makes amazing shoes just not amazing signature shoes for professional skateboarders not counting the P Rod 1, Koston 1 and Janoski.

Crap

« Reply #15409 on: May 31, 2023, 05:50:11 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Pretty soon, @Leo_Baker will be expanding the Nike SB catalogue even further with the launch of its own pro-model. ️ ⚧️

[close]

[close]
In the case of it being a 'react foam insole' what would the issue be? Would this not be theoretically the same as gluing in the same react insole down and covering it with a thin piece of fabric? Im just curious what your gripe is?

1) The 'insole instead of a midsole' thing basically means you can't swap insoles in the shoe. Especially if you wear something for arch support like Superfeet or custom orthotics. On, say, an Adidas Forum - a shoe with midsole foam and an insole on top - you can pull the insole and put your own in and still get the cushion from the midsole. On a shoe like the Ishod or BRSB, if you take the insole out and put your supportive insole in, there's no cushioning at all and the shoe probably doesn't fit. You can't put another insole on top of the react insole because it isn't flat or stable enough to do that.

2) There often isn't enough structure/support built into shoes built like that. The outsole by itself tends to feel floppy/thin underneath you. To me, those shoes feel more like wearing a Vans Skate vulc with the drop-in popcush than they feel like a New Balance 808.

3) It just feels like a cut corner - a cheaper and easier (but worse) way of making shoes, like making skate shoes is an afterthought. When they use these nice tech-y foams for other types of shoes, they build the foam into the shoe. I know Nike was building some basketball shoes like that for a while, but I think they've largely moved away from it. If you go to a sporting goods store and look at running/tennis/basketball shoes, very few or none of them will be constructed like that.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2023, 05:19:05 AM by Crap »

Crap

« Reply #15410 on: May 31, 2023, 06:04:05 AM »
Guessing a full React outsole wouldn't handle the abrasion of grip very well, and that's why they stuff it in as an insole. Or it's a brand issue like Koston had with his first couple of shoes – wanted Lunarlon but couldn't use the Lunarlon ridges on a skate outsole, so they just said fuck it and made the insole lunar.

A React outsole would be slippery, and would get wrecked just by walking around. They can put a rubber outsole on it that encapsulates and protects the foam. That's how New Balance uses foam midsoles in the 1010/808, how Emerica puts it in the G6 cupsoles, etc. The foam doesn't have to be exposed to work. Not exactly the same, but here's an example of an indoor soccer shoe that uses a rubber outsole and covers the high abrasion areas, but uses a full React midsole:

Ok

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1092
« Reply #15411 on: May 31, 2023, 07:35:35 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

A React outsole would be slippery, and would get wrecked just by walking around. They can put a rubber outsole on it that encapsulates and protects the foam. That's how New Balance uses foam midsoles in the 1010/808, how Emerica puts it in the G6 cupsoles, etc. The foam doesn't have to be exposed to work. Not exactly the same, but here's an example of an indoor soccer shoe that uses a rubber outsole and covers the high abrasion areas, but uses a full React midsole:

completely agree with your last few posts

also this react tiempo looks nice

TreyPhillip

• Rep: 17
« Reply #15412 on: May 31, 2023, 08:14:25 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

1) The 'insole instead of a midsole' thing basically means you basically can't swap insoles in the shoe. Especially if you wear something for arch support like Superfeet or custom orthotics. On, say, an Adidas Forum - a shoe with midsole foam and an insole on top - you can pull the insole and put your own in and still get the cushion from the midsole. On a shoe like the Ishod or BRSB, if you take the insole out and put your supportive insole in, there's no cushioning at all and the shoe probably doesn't fit. You can't put another insole on top of the react insole because it isn't flat or stable enough to do that.

2) There often isn't enough structure/support built into shoes built like that. The outsole by itself tends to feel floppy/thin underneath you. To me, those shoes feel more like wearing a Vans Skate vulc with the drop-in popcush than they feel like a New Balance 808.

3) It just feels like a cut corner - a cheaper and easier (but worse) way of making shoes, like making skate shoes is an afterthought. When they use these nice tech-y foams for other types of shoes, they build the foam into the shoe. I know Nike was building some basketball shoes like that for a while, but I think they've largely moved away from it. If you go to a sporting goods store and look at running/tennis/basketball shoes, very few or none of them will be constructed like that.
Thanks for the clarification. I can’t argue with any of those points and honestly agree with a bunch of them.

Turtle Boy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 169
« Reply #15413 on: June 01, 2023, 12:51:37 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

It’s cool they are getting a shoe, but I actually think they look really generic and uninspired… also the way they stitched the midsole looks so ass. Looks like it was assembled at someone’s workshop.
Have to agree on this, it looks like an early sample of a shoe... Nothing to write home about. Pretty sure we will see a vulc version after a couple seasons and then it will be gone.

sharkin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 481
« Reply #15414 on: June 01, 2023, 01:03:44 PM »
looks about as forgettable as the alleyoop

sk84gay

• Rep: -24
« Reply #15415 on: June 05, 2023, 09:24:29 AM »
The Adversary has a pretty damn similar outsole, toe cap & eyestay tucked behind.

ripping off their own shoe that didn't stick around or seem to sell is a solid plan
« Last Edit: June 05, 2023, 04:54:00 PM by sk84gay »

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 283
« Reply #15416 on: June 05, 2023, 10:29:37 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
Have to agree on this, it looks like an early sample of a shoe... Nothing to write home about. Pretty sure we will see a vulc version after a couple seasons and then it will be gone.

440 has that same stitching.  I think the lighting makes it look wonky

Fongstarr.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 311
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #15417 on: June 05, 2023, 10:43:16 AM »
Like the Flash orange colorway inspired by one of the OG dunks (I assume)

I'll fuckin
I'll fuckin
sew your asshole closed, and keep feedin you
and feedin you, and feedin you, and feedin you!

Allen.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 692
    • Cigarettes for Cardio avatar image
« Reply #15418 on: June 05, 2023, 01:05:54 PM »
That Leo baker shoe looks like an alibaba airwalk enigma
For someone w.no signature ur awfully hostile, & that is why I do this

Donkey Lips

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #15419 on: June 05, 2023, 02:28:27 PM »