Author Topic: North Korea testing nuclear weapons & targeting USA  (Read 5343 times)

Will Easley

North Korea testing nuclear weapons & targeting USA
« on: January 25, 2013, 05:15:59 PM »
full story: http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/world/la-fg-north-korea-threat-20130125,0,933632.story

Calling the United States the "archenemy of the Korean people," the commission said, "We are not disguising the fact that the various satellites and long-range rockets that we will fire and the high-level nuclear test we will carry out are targeted at the United States.

"Settling accounts with the U.S. needs to be done with force, not with words."

Discuss.

alcol

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 2
Re: North Korea testing nuclear weapons & targeting USA
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2013, 05:23:33 PM »
let those suckers watch this and they won't be messing with them nuclear weapons anymore...

I know I wouldn't
I'm a be on here until niggas start posting about my celebrity-skateboarder lifestyle exploits ala Lil Wayne.

pugmaster

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1601
  • Overweight and Underprepared
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2013, 05:26:35 PM »
North Koreans view their leaders as God.  Watch some documentaries and witness how brainwashed/instilled with fear they are.  North Korea has concentration camps for citizens that disagree with their beliefs or question anything.  It is really really sad.  I remember watching a docu from national geographic where they imported a doctor to perform 1000 cataract surgeries in 10 days.  They have very limited amounts of food available and ultra-sub par health care.  

If you ever want to appreciate your  life more, read about n korea or watch a vid on them.  That country is FUCKED UP.
"...We got the nuclear worm over here..."

Never forget:
Rusty_Berrings, 360 frip, Yapple Dapple, Bubblegum Tate

ice nine

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -308
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2013, 05:27:38 PM »
old news, US would shoot them out of the sky so fast if they ever did have the missile technology. it's them throwing a hissy fit to get more aid.thanks reddit!
I;m sure i;m not the only dc/monster/subaru type guy here

weedpop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 308
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2013, 05:37:14 PM »
I heard the avg. missile size in North Korea is only like 3.5 inches so don't worry too much about it.

grimcity

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2214
  • computer says no
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2013, 06:27:08 PM »
Threat Level: Anemic Brony

witty pseudonym

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 43
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2013, 06:32:04 PM »
If you know anything about this situation, you would know that this is entirely a political ploy and that they cannot back it up.

Will Easley

« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2013, 07:11:04 PM »
Yeah I know n.korea been on bullshit before & they arent neccessarily a world power but the phrase"arch nemesis" is what caught my attention. Ona personal level, if niggas is talkin like that I don't care who they are ima address that shit directly. I don't underestimate those who're desperate or harbor that type of negative energy cuz that tends to push people past their usual limits. It ain't gon keep me up at night but I don't doubt the potential for bullshit to happen on the horizon.

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -936
  • I own Malibu? I am going to fuck you.
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2013, 09:45:52 PM »
Have you ever thought about why it is that so many people harbor such resentment specifically toward the U.S.?
Are you a kook? If you would say this, the answer is “YES”
I quit skating for a time due to piling out

Will Easley

« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2013, 10:07:53 PM »
Have you ever thought about why it is that so many people harbor such resentment specifically toward the U.S.?

Probably cuz our government acts like a bunch of international bullies & the stereotype of the typical American is fat, arrogant, & wasteful

SheepShagger

« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2013, 10:09:04 PM »

It reminds me of this video.

I feel bad for the people of North Korea.

They could be just like South Korea if it wasn't for their insane leader.

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 158
« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2013, 10:41:54 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Is it our huge dongs?  Or is it our insistence in making a mountain out of the dumbest molehills and broadcasting it all over?

Nah, it's our dongs.

DONGS.
DON'T BLAME THE DILDOS!!!!

You and the D00D have turned this thread into a horrible head-on-collision between a short bus full of regular kids and a van full of paraplegics.

weedpop

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2013, 03:25:54 PM »

It's funny, because in this instance the average North Korean should actually have a lot more reason to hate on Russia, China or Japan, all of whom have been 'colonizers' of Korea in some form or another during the last couple hundred years. The USA actually allowed South Korea to transition into a prosperous democracy whereas Russia felt it would be better for the stability of the communist bloc to allow a self-deluded megalomaniac to turn the country into his own little fairytale kingdom. America was definitely complicit in the splitting up of the country and the the subsequent war/crippling economic sanctions but the idea of the USA as their "archenemy" is more of a continuation of cold war era propaganda than anything.

DJSoftspot

• Rep: 0
« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2013, 03:40:21 PM »
Yeah I heard their housing the nukes in their unicorn lair.

steve

• Rep: 45
« Reply #14 on: January 26, 2013, 08:24:55 PM »

vice guide to north korea

arch nemesis or evil doer, which sounds more serious?

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #15 on: January 26, 2013, 10:41:02 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

It's funny, because in this instance the average North Korean should actually have a lot more reason to hate on Russia, China or Japan, all of whom have been 'colonizers' of Korea in some form or another during the last couple hundred years. The USA actually allowed South Korea to transition into a prosperous democracy whereas Russia felt it would be better for the stability of the communist bloc to allow a self-deluded megalomaniac to turn the country into his own little fairytale kingdom. America was definitely complicit in the splitting up of the country and the the subsequent war/crippling economic sanctions but the idea of the USA as their "archenemy" is more of a continuation of cold war era propaganda than anything.
I think to them America still appears to be a threat, and we do our part in keeping up that Cold War bullshit. We do the same with Cuba. In fairness to North Korea though, if the people from there are anything like the people from South Korea, plenty fucking hate Japan too. China has backed Kim Jong Il's Korea in serious ways though. If it weren't for China the U.S would have pushed much harder into North Korea. MacArthur got fired for trying because of the fact that China backed them. The reality is that the people should and might hate China, Russia, and The Kim Jong's, but the North Korean Government makes policy, and they blame the sanctions and war brought on by the U.S. for their problems.

sexualhelon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 19
  • I'm an ardent supporter of futile causes.
    • Lurkaround avatar image
« Reply #16 on: January 27, 2013, 09:24:00 AM »
If you're family with the history between these countries at all you'd realize how erroneous it is to say that North Korea should have any more reason to hate Russia, China, or Japan over the United states. There's definitely some deep rooted historical backing the the fact that the older generations, and some of new as well, in Korea and China hate the Japanese. Some of the atrocities committed by Japan in China and Korea were pretty well on par with the Holocaust.

The United States definitely holds that gluttonous, gun toting, Manifest Destiny reputation in world terms but the thing is we don't have any real backing to it anymore. The Cold War started with us being the first to get our hands on Nuclear weapons and then trying to strong-arm essentially the whole world so Russia felt the need to counteract. When Russia created the SDI to counteract ICBM's the USA then created a missile with even more warheads than the SDI could stop - the thing is that an SDI costed far more than an ICBM so it was detrimental in budgeting. That's basically when the conclusion was had some resolution should be made.

The Korean War was really just a vessel for Cold War tensions with Russia and China backing the North and the States supporting the South. Russia helped train North Korean troops and even supplied them with ammunition/artillery. They pushed so far down into South Korea before the States decided to send help but then when we regained North Korea's capital China sent over some 500,000 men to push us back down to the 38th Parallel.

I can't say I necessarily believe North Korea in all their claims but just think they like nitpicking with the United States. They know China has their back and we're in the palm of China's hand so we're not going to do shit....but then neither are they. I think they just get a kick out of saying these things, watching the states get their panties in a bunch, then laugh when they try to rawl up some BS U.N. Sanction to no avail.

Armando

• Rep: -4
« Reply #17 on: January 27, 2013, 02:24:28 PM »
inb4ChinasideswithNorthKoreaandwealldie

Dontfearthereefer

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -232
  • Head kook
« Reply #18 on: January 27, 2013, 02:35:14 PM »
the chinamen havent learned that war with white people is futile yet?

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #19 on: January 27, 2013, 03:25:53 PM »
the chinamen havent learned that war with white people is futile yet?
Tell that to Vietnam.

weedpop

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #20 on: January 27, 2013, 03:39:39 PM »
I'm familiar with the history you mentioned and obviously that is true for N. Korea's political leadership, but my point was that if 'the average North Korean' was given a full accounting of history instead of being constantly brain-washed with state propaganda then they would probably be more inclined to see Japan as their most hated enemy or possibly Russia and China given their role in propping up the loony dictatorship of the Kim family (ironically something that the US has been guilty of doing in many other countries in the world). As far as atrocities committed and political interference, those three countries have the most blood on their hands in Korea - however the carving up of the globe into 'communist' and 'western' proxies during the Cold War has left North Korea's inflexible leadership strongly positioned against America and the West despite the abandonment of communism by Russia and China and their subsequent integration into the world market withdrawal of support for North Korea (China doesn't really have their back anymore in actuality, which is why they're trying to get them to come back to the table for nuclear talks).

The posturing of Kin Jong-Un's government is probably 1/2 sincere and 1/2 an attempt go get more aid since N korea has been in a state of famine for the last few years. America has definitely acted somewhat imperialistically in Korea (as they have in every region of the world) but I still think this "archenemy" shit is mostly based on ideological and political concerns.

Dontfearthereefer

• SLAP Pal
  • Head kook
« Reply #21 on: January 27, 2013, 03:44:44 PM »

SheepShagger

« Reply #22 on: January 27, 2013, 04:02:00 PM »
You can only prove the nation's  might by posturing against the most powerful country in the world.  Posturing against say Lithuania juest doesn't carry the same weight.

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #23 on: January 27, 2013, 04:04:57 PM »

They still won the war. The also defeated the French and the Chinese (I understand China doesn't count as "the white man")

Beer Keg Peg Leg

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -35
« Reply #24 on: January 27, 2013, 04:12:21 PM »
Yeah, one side isn't allowed to give up and then say 'HEY IF WE KEPT PLAYING WE WOULD HAVE WON'

Dontfearthereefer

• SLAP Pal
  • Head kook
« Reply #25 on: January 27, 2013, 05:08:32 PM »
god damn hippies ruined americas war record

The Vietnamese were ruthless in that war though

commie

• Rep: 17
« Reply #26 on: January 27, 2013, 05:22:57 PM »

No mongz

• Rep: -6
  • Wait, what?
« Reply #27 on: January 27, 2013, 06:08:31 PM »
regardless of how little of a threat north korea is, nuclear weapons of any sort are pretty fucked to think of

SheepShagger

« Reply #28 on: January 27, 2013, 06:14:47 PM »
Yeah, one side isn't allowed to give up and then say 'HEY IF WE KEPT PLAYING WE WOULD HAVE WON'

The USA won the vietnam war, they lost the PR war.

sexualhelon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 19
  • I'm an ardent supporter of futile causes.
    • Lurkaround avatar image
« Reply #29 on: January 28, 2013, 12:08:34 AM »
I'm familiar with the history you mentioned and obviously that is true for N. Korea's political leadership, but my point was that if 'the average North Korean' was given a full accounting of history instead of being constantly brain-washed with state propaganda then they would probably be more inclined to see Japan as their most hated enemy or possibly Russia and China given their role in propping up the loony dictatorship of the Kim family (ironically something that the US has been guilty of doing in many other countries in the world). As far as atrocities committed and political interference, those three countries have the most blood on their hands in Korea - however the carving up of the globe into 'communist' and 'western' proxies during the Cold War has left North Korea's inflexible leadership strongly positioned against America and the West despite the abandonment of communism by Russia and China and their subsequent integration into the world market withdrawal of support for North Korea (China doesn't really have their back anymore in actuality, which is why they're trying to get them to come back to the table for nuclear talks).

The posturing of Kin Jong-Un's government is probably 1/2 sincere and 1/2 an attempt go get more aid since N korea has been in a state of famine for the last few years. America has definitely acted somewhat imperialistically in Korea (as they have in every region of the world) but I still think this "archenemy" shit is mostly based on ideological and political concerns.

Yeah, I realize all of that as well. With that I think it goes back to the saying, "history is written by the victors" and after the Korean war, although technically still a cease fire, Kim Jong Il was free from Russia along with China to write those books however he wanted. China and Russia both have been prone to taking their little stake in these confrontations then distancing themselves back within their borders. For the most part neither country seems to have gone full on in the imperialistic mindset of the United States which is what irks other countries. I forget the year, but there was failure of crops not too terribly long ago in Europe which the States basically saw as an opportunity to flood the continent with a proposition of GMO's...that's going a little off topic though. To a certain extent, I feel like the division of these communist and western proxies was a bit bullshit but more so the one's in powers ways of persuasiveness to get people behind them but ultimately it's a flexing of muscles and "fuck yous". Oh and of course these countries are the ones with their hands in the most blood.

China is probably seeing less and less of any prospect for them being behind North Korea to behoove their country in anyway and with these outrageous statements just falling back on them. Kim Jong-Un's definitely warped in it all but he was basically born into it. It's his own little bubble and stirring world controversy is his way of staying relevant.

Oh and guys, the States definitely did NOT win the Vietnam war. I mean...no one really "wins" in war. The States claiming "victories" in all these wars is quite far fetched to me. You didn't "win" the Korean war, you didn't "win" the Vietnam war, you didn't "win" the Iraq war....and coming in last minute doesn't mean you can solely claim victory on your part.