Author Topic: North Korea testing nuclear weapons & targeting USA  (Read 5344 times)

Owen

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 302
    • My Photos avatar image
Re: North Korea testing nuclear weapons & targeting USA
« Reply #60 on: January 29, 2013, 08:25:12 PM »
Sorry to divert the thread back to its origins but I thought I would throw in my 2 cents.

At uni, one of lecturers was fairly adamant that there would unlikely that there would be another war on the Korean Peninsular because China would never allow North Korea to instigate it and the U.S know that China would punsih them if they or South Korea instigated it.
If there was an outbreak of war in North Korea, there would be a mass exodus of refugees over the border into China. As you can imagine, this is the last thing China would ever want. Similarly, given the catastrophic nature of a war in Korea or out of Korea (insane population density, destroying one of the best industrial powers in the world-South Korea and the potential for nuclear carnage), I imagine even the U.S would probably try and prevent it from occurring.

As far as winning the Vietnam War, whilst it is generally stated (in Australia anyway) that the North Vietnamese and their sympathisers won the Vietnam War, there were no real winners. The Vietnamese may have EVENTUALLY humiliated the Americans however at a cost of 2-3 million lives and the destruction of their entire country's infrastructure and culture. This hardly seems like a desirable outcome for the average Vietnamese citizen. Furthermore, the Vietnam War destabalised the entire region for the following twenty to thirty years.  
« Last Edit: January 29, 2013, 08:27:40 PM by Owen »
Jorts
Anklets
Rat tails
Sling shots
Toe rings
Shuv it tail grabs
Jump ramps

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -936
  • I own Malibu? I am going to fuck you.
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #61 on: January 29, 2013, 09:35:32 PM »
You actually brought up a lot of good stuff.

With Vietnam though, it obviously was a horrific war, and really they had been fighting aspects of it for generations. In the end, Vietnam did end up as an independent nation, though obviously it took a lot of rebuilding and there are many scars that just won't heal.

Oh, and whoever was talking about reading a book about it, I haven't read, but heard this one is amazing:

Angela Davis has a lot of great stuff on it too, and  a lot of it is pretty recent.
Are you a kook? If you would say this, the answer is “YES”
I quit skating for a time due to piling out

Will Easley

« Reply #62 on: February 05, 2013, 05:49:08 AM »
North Korea releases official propaganda video that depicts US city (New York?) under missile attack.  Niggas is gettin really bold out here

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2013/02/05/north-korea-video-shows-city-resembling-new-york-under-missile-attack/

Donkey Lips

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 994
« Reply #63 on: February 05, 2013, 06:47:03 AM »
With footage from Call of Duty 3 set to "We Are the World".

This video makes it absolutely official that the Greatest Korea has no ability of attacking the U.S.

Random Matt

• Rep: 8
« Reply #64 on: February 05, 2013, 07:55:08 AM »

They should get sued for copyright and trademark infringement.

I won't say nuclear attack on the US from N Korea is out of the realm of possibility, but it seems highly unlikely.

SheepShagger

« Reply #65 on: February 05, 2013, 11:13:56 AM »

They should get sued for copyright and trademark infringement.

I won't say nuclear attack on the US from N Korea is out of the realm of possibility, but it seems highly unlikely.

LOL I want subtitles. 

Seriously they wouldn't dare even if it was possible.

Will Easley

« Reply #66 on: February 05, 2013, 11:33:47 AM »
Like i said man niggas is just gettin way too bold out here. Missles hitting US cities to cheerful music in the background? this shit is like the equivalent of a scrawny ass lame telling some girl he'd beat the shit out of you just because he thinks you're an asshole, despite the fact that he cant fight & is totally outmatched. I dont fear N.Korea but I dont like the setup of some fake ass rivalry along with these idle threats either. Either they back down or try some fuck shit & get their ass scraped by Uncle Sam.

The only thing that would be fucked is if they somehow had some secret alliance with another world power, hence the reason they feel like they can stick their chest out all of the sudden. It's no secret that the US is seen as an international bully so who knows? It's highly unlikely but the potential is there.

ttching!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 65214
  • Smilin' Mercenary
« Reply #67 on: February 05, 2013, 11:46:49 AM »

Crazy just runs in the Jong Il family. Now that he is in power, the son is trying to show everyone that he can act like a badass too.

ice nine

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -308
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #68 on: February 05, 2013, 11:59:58 AM »
Like i said man niggas is just gettin way too bold out here. Missles hitting US cities to cheerful music in the background? this shit is like the equivalent of a scrawny ass lame telling some girl he'd beat the shit out of you just because he thinks you're an asshole, despite the fact that he cant fight & is totally outmatched. I dont fear N.Korea but I dont like the setup of some fake ass rivalry along with these idle threats either. Either they back down or try some fuck shit & get their ass scraped by Uncle Sam.

The only thing that would be fucked is if they somehow had some secret alliance with another world power, hence the reason they feel like they can stick their chest out all of the sudden. It's no secret that the US is seen as an international bully so who knows? It's highly unlikely but the potential is there.

haha wtf, stick to talking about logos plz
I;m sure i;m not the only dc/monster/subaru type guy here

Dontfearthereefer

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -232
  • Head kook
« Reply #69 on: February 05, 2013, 12:23:09 PM »
forward this shit to the koreans

http://www.liveleak.com/ll_embed?f=f213b73d647e