Author Topic: Dylan Rieder on Adidas  (Read 123010 times)

mini greek

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 32
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Dylan Rieder on Adidas
« Reply #420 on: April 17, 2013, 07:04:16 PM »
Well here's a pic of Dylan from TODAY's X-Games/Street League Brazil practice wearing Vans.....If he's really on Adidas, I bet they're bummed.... :'( :'(
Get litty.....

• Rep: 12
« Reply #421 on: April 17, 2013, 07:58:12 PM »
dylan of pussy of dick

NergTurtleson

• Rep: 6
« Reply #422 on: April 17, 2013, 08:00:47 PM »
Well here's a pic of Dylan from TODAY's X-Games/Street League Brazil practice wearing Vans.....If he's really on Adidas, I bet they're bummed.... :'( :'(

The fuck? Is he skating the old set from Wu Tang's "Gravel Pit" video?

FCN

• Rep: -17
« Reply #423 on: April 17, 2013, 08:18:00 PM »
stoked hes not on adidas. that would be the weirdest shit.

he really belongs on vans, with dill and ave.

flapJack

• Rep: 30
  • if you want our remorse,turn your body to a corpse
« Reply #424 on: April 17, 2013, 08:19:34 PM »
Never heard of anyone scraping the paint off under the baseplate I'll have to try that on my next deck. We used to wax under there at my local shop but I was never convinced that it did anything.

I don't see what the benefit could possibly be, but if anyone else can please enlighten me.

A.J.K.

« Reply #425 on: April 17, 2013, 10:17:56 PM »
Expand Quote
Never heard of anyone scraping the paint off under the baseplate I'll have to try that on my next deck. We used to wax under there at my local shop but I was never convinced that it did anything.
[close]

I don't see what the benefit could possibly be, but if anyone else can please enlighten me.
It stops that creaking sound that is only noticeable if you skate flat in your basement.

TommyG

• Rep: -1
« Reply #426 on: April 18, 2013, 07:22:25 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
It stops that creaking sound that is only noticeable if you skate flat in your basement.

I heard placing a sticker on the baseplate works too and that's coming from Koston

skateohio

• Rep: 18
« Reply #427 on: May 20, 2013, 10:32:10 PM »
Dylvan. ??

aacostaa: @swankfuck_inc #limitededition

& is that an #moblow hashtag I see in the comments . .

sorry guys false alarm, need to get my Dylan.dar re-calibrated.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2013, 10:48:24 PM by skateohio »

zoltan

« Reply #428 on: May 20, 2013, 10:41:13 PM »
pretty sure he is on adidas. just wearing vans until they announce him. Because if he was riding for vans they would have announced him on their team already, and probably not put kyle walker on...

otis shredding

« Reply #429 on: May 20, 2013, 10:41:55 PM »
dylvans ??

Expand Quote
aacostaa: @swankfuck_inc #limitededition
[close]

Cashing in on the Dylan. cow before he nestles down on his new prairie . . .

& is that an #moblow hashtag I see in the comments ?
that was the chukka low model dylan had when he was still on vans, and mark oblow did the kate moss stencil on the bottom, dummy.

MrMojoRising

• Rep: -23
« Reply #430 on: May 20, 2013, 10:45:18 PM »
I think it'd be cool if he got on quiksilver with Reese. He doesn't have an apparel sponsor does he? I could see him rocking something along the lines of this...

« Reply #431 on: May 20, 2013, 10:48:43 PM »
im so glad this thread is back

Will Easley

« Reply #432 on: May 20, 2013, 10:55:15 PM »
Style-wise Supra would hands down be best shoe & apparel sponsor for him. No other brand would accommodate his sense of style as much they would, given their reputation with high-end fashion.  If he had his own line thru them I swear it would blow up like crazy on some expensive hipster shit. However, he doesn't fit on the team at all & probably doesnt have that many ties to the brand anyway, but if really wanted to make money on some fashion shit he would go there. No other brand will capitalize on his image like they would.

zoltan

« Reply #433 on: May 20, 2013, 11:00:50 PM »
kind of irrelevant but i think in this thread people were talking about they wanted jake johnson on emerica....

(0:48)

soccer mom

« Reply #434 on: May 20, 2013, 11:07:44 PM »
Hell yea, someone throw Paulo Diaz a bone, hook him up so we can see him skate again. Skateboarding needs another comeback story

camel filters

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1292
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #435 on: May 20, 2013, 11:13:15 PM »
kind of irrelevant but i think in this thread people were talking about they wanted jake johnson on emerica....

I dont get it? by your logic, wes kremer and grant taylor are also likely to be on emerica?

« Reply #436 on: May 20, 2013, 11:18:27 PM »
can someone post up all the recent photos from www.fuckyeahdylanrieder.tumblr.com my mom blocked it on our home computer

zoltan

« Reply #437 on: May 21, 2013, 12:16:47 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]
I dont get it? by your logic, wes kremer and grant taylor are also likely to be on emerica?

no but im saying reynolds would probably be down to put him on the team. that would be sick as fuck

Fake Tits

« Reply #438 on: May 21, 2013, 01:27:47 AM »
Style-wise Supra would hands down be best shoe & apparel sponsor for him. No other brand would accommodate his sense of style as much they would, given their reputation with high-end fashion.  If he had his own line thru them I swear it would blow up like crazy on some expensive hipster shit. However, he doesn't fit on the team at all & probably doesnt have that many ties to the brand anyway, but if really wanted to make money on some fashion shit he would go there. No other brand will capitalize on his image like they would.

Have you been getting wet?!!?  Supra and high end fashion is an oxymoron.

Supra and Dylan? You've got more chance of dunking on lebron.

You have been smoking sherm right?

Will Easley

« Reply #439 on: May 21, 2013, 01:49:05 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I was speaking in theory. I've said before that itd never happen, but if any brand were to have a signature Dylan apparel line, Supra would make the most out of if. Not too many companies would've been like Gravis and taken such a chance with those crazy slip-ons, & you saw how well those did. Anything he'd make with Supra would do very well, as they are already known for such over-the-top designs. Like I said, extremely unlikely, but as far as product design goes, they would do the most to capitalize on his style.

shit_for_brains

« Reply #440 on: May 21, 2013, 06:03:42 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Yeah high fashion and Lil Wayne dressing like Peggy Bundy are not the same things.

Nigga

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 5
  • PHILA
« Reply #441 on: May 21, 2013, 02:25:09 PM »
pretty sure he is on adidas. just wearing vans until they announce him. Because if he was riding for vans they would have announced him on their team already, and probably not put kyle walker on...

can someone please explain to me how that makes any sense?

zoltan

« Reply #442 on: May 21, 2013, 02:43:25 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

because he signed a contract that isnt active until summer when they are going to announce him. So he is wearing whatever shoes he wants in the mean time. because if he was wearing adidas it would ruin the surprise. Wouldnt you want announcing dylan reider on your team to be a big deal? not just some pre meditated shit that everyone knew about because he was skating in them at street league?

Nigga

• SLAP Pal
  • PHILA
« Reply #443 on: May 21, 2013, 02:52:21 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

because he signed a contract that isnt active until summer when they are going to announce him. So he is wearing whatever shoes he wants in the mean time. because if he was wearing adidas it would ruin the surprise. Wouldnt you want announcing dylan reider on your team to be a big deal? not just some pre meditated shit that everyone knew about because he was skating in them at street league?

do you not see how ridiculous this sounds? If he is going to be on Adidas, you would think they would send him shoes before he was announced, and he would skate them right? Why would another company send him shoes to skate if he is confirmed on another team? Plus it doesn't really look that great on you if you're on Adidas and all you wear in any recent footage is Vans..
and ruin the surprise? fuck outta here, if I was Adidas, I'd want him to be seen in my shoes as soon as possible, not wait until the last minute like some fuckin lame PR stunt

zoltan

« Reply #444 on: May 21, 2013, 02:57:22 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

do you not see how ridiculous this sounds? If he is going to be on Adidas, you would think they would send him shoes before he was announced, and he would skate them right? Why would another company send him shoes to skate if he is confirmed on another team? Plus it doesn't really look that great on you if you're on Adidas and all you wear in any recent footage is Vans..
and ruin the surprise? fuck outta here, if I was Adidas, I'd want him to be seen in my shoes as soon as possible, not wait until the last minute like some fuckin lame PR stunt

thats just what ive been hearing from some people. also he has a private skatepark, im sure he has been trying out adidas in there, just not filming in them. Didnt someone post a photo of him in the gonz slip on too???

TMKF

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -485
« Reply #445 on: May 21, 2013, 03:15:42 PM »
Or maybe he just doesn't like any of their shoes currently but liked their contract better than anyone elses offers and isn't going to wear them until he starts getting paid to when his contract kicks in. Also he could be waiting for some samples of his model that he actually likes to come in. Until then he can skate whatever he wants and I guess he prefers Vans...I don't blame him.

Nigga

• SLAP Pal
  • PHILA
« Reply #446 on: May 21, 2013, 03:20:40 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

thats just what ive been hearing from some people. also he has a private skatepark, im sure he has been trying out adidas in there, just not filming in them. Didnt someone post a photo of him in the gonz slip on too???

Yeah, but that was a picture on instagram versus tons of photos and a bunch of clips with him wearing Vans. Plus, wouldn't you think Adidas would want him wearing their shoes during Street League, since it's on ESPN and seen by millions? That would be MAJOR promotion, and it would cause a bigger stir than a couple threads about an instagram picture on SLAP.
but until it's confirmed by the company, then it aint really confirmed.

zoltan

« Reply #447 on: May 21, 2013, 03:27:12 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Yeah, but that was a picture on instagram versus tons of photos and a bunch of clips with him wearing Vans. Plus, wouldn't you think Adidas would want him wearing their shoes during Street League, since it's on ESPN and seen by millions? That would be MAJOR promotion, and it would cause a bigger stir than a couple threads about an instagram picture on SLAP.
but until it's confirmed by the company, then it aint really confirmed.

thats true too. who knows... im pretty sure he isnt on vans though

MrMojoRising

• Rep: -23
« Reply #448 on: May 21, 2013, 03:51:59 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

I could see it being an opportunity to rock shoes he likes from other brands before he's fully committed. But as for the surprise point, that's just plain stupid.

zoltan

« Reply #449 on: May 21, 2013, 04:09:44 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

I could see it being an opportunity to rock shoes he likes from other brands before he's fully committed. But as for the surprise point, that's just plain stupid.

idk what their reason is. all i know is he has something going on at adidas, and he isnt getting on vans