Author Topic: Professional Skateboarders - Net worth?  (Read 6418 times)

takman

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 2
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Professional Skateboarders - Net worth?
« on: February 06, 2013, 09:20:29 AM »
Friend was having the conversation with me. How much some of these skaters are worth -- especially guys that own companies.

He sent me this link: http://www.celebritynetworth.com/category/richest-athletes/skateboarders/

"Rick Howard is worth an estimated 45 million".

That sort of blew me away.
---

Here are some other interesting ones (according to that site):

Eric Koston: 15 million
Lance Mountain: 10 million
Chad Muska: 15 million
Ryan Sheckler: 16 million
Tony Alva: 15 million
Stacey Peralta: 10 million
Rodney Mullen: 30 million
Steve Berra: 3.5 million
Rob Dyrdek: 15 million
Paul Rodriguez: 6 million
Tony Hawk: 120 million

I guessed they were millionaires but never guessed to that degree. Most of these guys play it down (and don't flaunt) but hell yeah these guys are some legit 1%ers. I think that's awesome they were able to achieve that level of financial success doing what they love.

takman

Re: Professional Skateboarders - Net worth?
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2013, 02:07:55 PM »

Curious as how these "net worth" calculations are made. Can anybody comment on the accuracy?

I've seen other lists that have higher numbers -- Tony Hawk at 180 million, Rob Dyrdek at 20 million, etc

I can believe the numbers where they own companies or tv shows. Guys that surprised me were the generation before: Lance Mountain, etc.  That's dope if they got paid

ttching!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 65214
  • Smilin' Mercenary
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2013, 02:28:10 PM »
These have been posted before. Net Worth does not equal cash in the bank, but is a murky estimated valuation of all assets net of all liabilities. I don't think whoever put these numbers together really knows what they are talking about. If Rick Howard was able to pay off his credit cards and mortgage along with selling everything he owned, including his stake in Girl, for the maximum amount, in cash, up front, he might be able to come up with $45M, but that is pretty unlikely. The valuation for his stake in Girl, for instance, would vary widely, depending on whether one is basing that calculation strictly on the existing balance sheet for the company or also considering potential growth and future cash flows for the business in your estimation of its value. I don't care how many masses PS appealed to, no one is paying $40M for a stake in Girl right now.

andocom

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 47
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2013, 03:14:13 PM »
If people's main assets are in holdings in publicly listed companies they will be on the share register, so you can work out a decent estimate from that. If they are in privately held companies like Crailtap or whatever they would have little idea. In addition they would have no idea about other good or bad investments those people are making, realestate, stocks etc.

That site just pulls numbers out of the air, with a bit of research no doubt but at the end of the day they wouldn't really know.

paraquat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 200
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2013, 03:17:25 PM »
Aren't young people supposed to be Internet savvy? Every 87 days this comes up.

• Rep: 12
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2013, 04:15:06 PM »
anthony pappalardo coming in with a net worth of 69million

fulfillthedream

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 315
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2013, 04:31:18 PM »
calling bullshit on lots of these. i really find it hard to believe that tony alva and lance mountain make more money than paul rodriguez.
Skateboarding is like jacking-off, it's that good- Jeremy Klein

[

GeorgeHanson

« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2013, 05:04:18 PM »
If Jereme Rogers was to sell his stake in selfish, I heard he could afford a coffee and an 8 ball.

Will Easley

« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2013, 06:02:58 PM »
calling bullshit on lots of these. i really find it hard to believe that tony alva and lance mountain make more money than paul rodriguez.

yeah I wanna know how Mullen's up to 30 mil. I'd assume 10, maybe even 20 cuz he does have almost & I read somewhere that he has a few patents for some things he's engineered, but 30 million? Damn!

Morty Seinfeld

« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2013, 06:18:43 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

yeah I wanna know how Mullen's up to 30 mil. I'd assume 10, maybe even 20 cuz he does have almost & I read somewhere that he has a few patents for some things he's engineered, but 30 million? Damn!

Doesn't he own Dwindle?

bust.factor

• Rep: 20
  • Madvillain Bistro Bed and Breakfast Bar and Grill
« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2013, 06:24:35 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Doesn't he own Dwindle?

don't forget about cash from THPS and EASkate

Will Easley

« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2013, 07:17:16 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Doesn't he own Dwindle?
[close]

Yeah I knew he owned almost but I wasn't aware he owned the full distribution company. I guess that would make sense then

veebs

• Rep: -3
  • Hard 2 sit when you got someone's hand up your ass
« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2013, 07:49:59 PM »
if i'm not mistaken, Mullen's first big chunk came from backing rocco. and when he and rocco sold world, he got paid very well. then they managed to end up selling it again and getting paid even more. as for lance,  i always thought he had money to begin with. but im sure he made a ton off the dogtown movie and the firm.

takman

« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2013, 09:37:10 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Doesn't he own Dwindle?
[close]

[close]

Yeah I knew he owned almost but I wasn't aware he owned the full distribution company. I guess that would make sense then

Is distribution big money?  Seems to me ownership would be where the dough is.  Oh yeah and video games!

Lenny the Fatface

« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2013, 09:39:45 PM »

No shocker, he's the CEO of the two most popular skate companies of the past 15 years.

tortfeasor

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 341
« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2013, 09:57:48 PM »

more heaven-cruise than hell-ride.

poor alice

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -133
  • ♦️♣️♥️♠️
« Reply #16 on: February 07, 2013, 10:15:29 AM »

My thoughts exactly, was surprised to see it was created today tho!
We should get someone in SLAP to investigate or ask the questions at least because all us nosey fuckers have to know how much moneys all our idols have. (to be fair, I'd be quite interested in knowing not so much how much the company owner pros earn although that is interesting, but how much the am's and general pros make that wouldnt do the likes of contests etc.
I'm going to argue that Placebo owes their entire career to a Canadian dude's skate video part. Appleyard should be getting royalties for this shit.

Dirty Daventry

• Rep: -25
« Reply #17 on: February 07, 2013, 01:01:52 PM »
Berra with a whooping net worth of 3.5 million...
Catch me at the crib getting light to Jeff Mangum
It's fun to do bad things like rhyme about handguns

vans man

• Rep: 4
« Reply #18 on: February 07, 2013, 01:09:27 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

World sold for like 20 mil

era

« Reply #19 on: February 07, 2013, 02:57:04 PM »
i think Jeron should be on that list as well.  Part owner of Diamond I believe?  He's making a killing.

paraquat

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #20 on: February 07, 2013, 03:00:20 PM »
i think Jeron should be on that list as well.  Part owner of Diamond I believe?  He's making a killing.

Saw some IG pic with him in a decked out Porsche, so yeah where the fuck Jeron??

poor alice

• SLAP Pal
  • ♦️♣️♥️♠️
« Reply #21 on: February 07, 2013, 03:36:00 PM »
Porches depreciate faster than Skate companies  ;D
I'm going to argue that Placebo owes their entire career to a Canadian dude's skate video part. Appleyard should be getting royalties for this shit.

trannies and mannies

« Reply #22 on: February 07, 2013, 03:49:53 PM »
I don't find it realistic that Rick Howard is worth 3x as much as Dyrdek.

« Reply #23 on: February 07, 2013, 04:34:17 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

No shocker, he's the CEO of the two most popular skate companies of the past 15 years.

lol lakai isnt popular

fulfillthedream

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 315
« Reply #24 on: February 07, 2013, 04:45:54 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

lol lakai isnt popular

you're dumb
Skateboarding is like jacking-off, it's that good- Jeremy Klein

[

« Reply #25 on: February 07, 2013, 04:50:45 PM »
shane heyl 900million from shake junt grip alone

Dumbo

« Reply #26 on: February 07, 2013, 05:49:25 PM »
These have been posted before. Net Worth does not equal cash in the bank, but is a murky estimated valuation of all assets net of all liabilities. I don't think whoever put these numbers together really knows what they are talking about. If Rick Howard was able to pay off his credit cards and mortgage along with selling everything he owned, including his stake in Girl, for the maximum amount, in cash, up front, he might be able to come up with $45M, but that is pretty unlikely. The valuation for his stake in Girl, for instance, would vary widely, depending on whether one is basing that calculation strictly on the existing balance sheet for the company or also considering potential growth and future cash flows for the business in your estimation of its value. I don't care how many masses PS appealed to, no one is paying $40M for a stake in Girl right now.
Future growth has nothing to do with current value, and 40M would be for partner or controlling interest. This site may add up every penny these guys have made since day 1, which could potentially equal these figures. Those motherfuckers will always have more cash than I ever will, unless they go all MC Hammer

poor alice

• SLAP Pal
  • ♦️♣️♥️♠️
« Reply #27 on: February 07, 2013, 06:17:08 PM »
I wonder if the top dudes insure parts of their bodies separatley like other famous atheletes do, you know baseball players insuring their swingin' arm, footballers feet etc.
Ha

paraquat

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #28 on: February 07, 2013, 06:28:11 PM »
I wonder if the top dudes insure parts of their bodies separatley like other famous atheletes do, you know baseball players insuring their swingin' arm, footballers feet etc.
Ha

Reynolds left toes, mike carrols left hand, gerwer's nose, Braydon's tongue.

Dumbo

« Reply #29 on: February 07, 2013, 06:48:50 PM »
Expand Quote
Ha
[close]

Reynolds left toes, mike carrols left hand, gerwer's nose, Braydon's tongue.
Boulala's liver