Author Topic: Vinyl Records  (Read 116043 times)

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1005
  • formally the_unknown_soldier
Re: Vinyl Records
« Reply #660 on: May 22, 2020, 09:36:25 AM »
OH MY FUCKING GOD I FORGOT ABOUT THAT KUDROW ALBUM AND NOW IM SO HAPPY

I was so excited to find this. It's been out of print for like 10 years, and somehow I stumbled upon it on some record store's site in Philly. I even called to make sure the listing was correct and apparently it was just like buried in the back or something.

Trashcon

• Rep: 36
« Reply #661 on: May 24, 2020, 06:36:16 PM »
King Gizzard's Chunky Shrapnel finally came in. Live record in opaque gold. Pre-ordered about three months ago and forgot about it, came in on Friday which I was pleasantly surprised.

doublesteveburger

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1268
« Reply #662 on: May 24, 2020, 10:00:59 PM »
Iíve had that O Pioneers split for years but Iím so jealous of that Kudrow record. Fucker! Hahaha

Finally got some Neil Young in my collection over the weekend. Also preordered NO DREAM by Jeff so Iím hyped on that.

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1005
  • formally the_unknown_soldier
« Reply #663 on: May 25, 2020, 06:49:13 AM »
Iíve had that O Pioneers split for years but Iím so jealous of that Kudrow record. Fucker! Hahaha

Finally got some Neil Young in my collection over the weekend. Also preordered NO DREAM by Jeff so Iím hyped on that.

I got the early bird glow in the dark vinyl. Should come as no surprise but I absolutely can't stop listening to that new Jeff record.

cucktard

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 102
« Reply #664 on: August 24, 2020, 07:49:09 PM »
A few recent pics

This takes me back to university days

Rest easy, Chi Pig

This is really good

And lastly, the only new vinyl I scored recently. Adult Fugazi.
'It's pretty hard to make out on a skateboard.' -Steve Shible

&& is no stranger to the female species. Hes always got some travel pussy with him in his slambulance.

IusedToSkateMore

• Rep: 79
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #665 on: December 30, 2020, 04:19:33 PM »
Pretty stoked on the past 12 months of collecting. There's a couple 2nd hand shops near me where I've found a lot of gold between .25 and .75cent per. I've got one guy who puts aside the crates they pick up through donation until I come in so it's pretty sweet.

Not really into GnR, but this shit is classic, out of print, and VG

Julia and Closure were hella unexpected and in VG condition w inserts. Scooped em about 2 weeks ago.

First Pressing on Dr. Strange, Yellow vinyl

This double LP smokes. Picked this up on a sunny day about 2 weeks before Rona came to town. Ate some ganja dummies, sat in the lafuma and was blown away

Bobby Hutcherson and Harold Land, SF. This is a beautiful record that just gets inside you. Beautiful, overlooked Blue Note classic

real, real good and dirty

found this one about a month before Mr. Wales died.

Scored a first press Dinosaur Jr. Bug on SST for $3 at a garage sale not so long ago too. Mint.

Then there's the Buffy Saint Marie, Mahalia Jackson, Gatemouth Brown, Mississippi John Hurt, Bowie, Elton, Weather Report (sooooo good), MC5, Lou Reed, numerous Van Morrison (Moondance, tupelo honey), and everything else. 2020 was a good year and kind of made up for all the albums I lost/gave away during moves and those that I didn't buy because I was traveling too much to carry them around.

Not tryna flex, I don't get to share this shit with anyone other than an occasional message with an old homie because it's just my partner and I these days and it's not her scene.

« Last Edit: December 30, 2020, 07:09:47 PM by IusedToSkateMore »
stay high, lay low