Author Topic: Vinyl Records  (Read 131863 times)

hangontoyourego

Re: Vinyl Records
« Reply #540 on: February 04, 2019, 05:58:28 PM »
great mail day . INTEGRITY / PSYWARFARE Split LP
« Last Edit: February 04, 2019, 06:00:01 PM by hangontoyourego »

Trashcon

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 109
« Reply #541 on: February 09, 2019, 04:13:09 PM »
great mail day . INTEGRITY / PSYWARFARE Split LP

That's impressing. Especially the cover. I'm going to have to look them up.

somethingmustbreaknow

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 477
« Reply #542 on: February 19, 2019, 12:13:29 PM »

motorama dialogues and motorama poverty

Mr. Kamikazi

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -116
  • 1,2,3,4, tell the people what she wore...
« Reply #543 on: February 24, 2019, 04:47:58 PM »
Just ordered this today from Armageddon Records.

Kicking myself for not buying the first album when I saw for a cheap price here in the States.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5pXTSCh2dl0

JB

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 858
  • Rusty Berrings Roll Forever
« Reply #544 on: February 25, 2019, 06:48:51 AM »
The packaging and design on that album is awesome. I definitely got a few good laughs when I opened mine up.

They've got a new one dropping next month!
https://www.stereogum.com/2031401/uranium-club-man-is-the-loneliest-animal/music/

Edit: found a recent live performance where they play a few new songs. Sound quality isn't fantastic, but the new song around 13 minutes in totally rips.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jeMi9E5X_yU&t=476s
« Last Edit: February 25, 2019, 08:05:57 AM by JB »

doublesteveburger

« Reply #545 on: February 25, 2019, 07:34:47 AM »
Just picked up “No Gods” by Choking V and Courtney Barnett’s “Sometimes I sit and think...” over the weekend. I have horrible music taste.

Mr. Kamikazi

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #546 on: February 25, 2019, 05:14:56 PM »
The packaging and design on that album is awesome. I definitely got a few good laughs when I opened mine up.

They've got a new one dropping next month!
https://www.stereogum.com/2031401/uranium-club-man-is-the-loneliest-animal/music/

Edit: found a recent live performance where they play a few new songs. Sound quality isn't fantastic, but the new song around 13 minutes in totally rips.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jeMi9E5X_yU&t=476s

Wow...that is a ripper. 3/15 the new one comes out here in the states.

I am super thrilled to receive All Them Naturals

. I am kicking myself again and again for not buying the first one when I saw it a week ago........
« Last Edit: February 25, 2019, 05:17:31 PM by Mr. Kamikazi »

hangontoyourego

« Reply #547 on: March 08, 2019, 11:07:11 AM »
jamming to this today

DannyDee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 247
« Reply #548 on: March 15, 2019, 09:42:57 PM »
What are you pals using to play your vinyls

I got a portable vestax ....the needle kind of sucks but its sounds great

Rega P1.

http://www.rega.co.uk/planar-1.html

Mr. Kamikazi

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #549 on: March 16, 2019, 02:15:03 PM »

JB

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #550 on: March 18, 2019, 05:39:49 AM »
https://fashionableidiotsrecords.bandcamp.com/album/the-cosmo-cleaners

Just purchased this.

how did you end up getting it? i didn't see a link to buy the record on bandcamp, and on their site they just had some sketchy line like "paypal fashionableidiots@gmail the money and we'll get it to you."

i was going to get it on friday, but i might just wait awhile. i seriously haven't played any of my vinyl in months because my floor is just too shaky. can't listen to anything without skips unless everyone in the house stays still. its a bummer and i've pretty much stopped buying records. i think the last thing i bought was thee oh sees last record back in august and i havent even played that all the way through.

how did you like the new uranium club? i like all the songs, but i think im still warming up to it. so far it hasnt been the instant classic that the last two were.

Mr. Kamikazi

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #551 on: March 18, 2019, 04:52:31 PM »
Ahhh, yes. The payment arrangement is a bit strange BUT it’s legitimate. Apparently that’s how Fashioned Idiots has always done it. Ordered mine, shipped the next day. So that’s a solid factor.

I do hear you in terms of this album not being a “classic” like the other two. However, I feel like if they just did another album that was exactly the same, it may have been boring whereas this is noticeably different. And they still have 2-3 songs that are classic UC style. I really fancy the second song on the album, Definitely Infared Radiation Sickness. I love the buildup and the plainness in the vocal delivery.

Mr. Kamikazi

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #552 on: March 18, 2019, 04:58:50 PM »
Also, miraculously found a copy of the first Uranium Club record for 20.00. Unopened and unplayed.

Redscroll Records in Connecticut.

JB

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #553 on: March 20, 2019, 02:02:53 PM »
Also, miraculously found a copy of the first Uranium Club record for 20.00. Unopened and unplayed.

They're legit and their discogs page always has good stuff. I've ordered from them before.

Mr. Kamikazi

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #554 on: March 20, 2019, 06:09:05 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

They're legit and their discogs page always has good stuff. I've ordered from them before.

Actually went to the storefront in person. Very impressive. Called ahead and had the put the "Who Made the Man" 7" aside, along with a reissue of Solid Space Space Museum. Then when perusing, happened to see The Uranium Club LIVE! at Arci Taun! Very pleased. Dropped 40.00 and felt like a king.

JB

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #555 on: March 21, 2019, 06:13:32 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Actually went to the storefront in person. Very impressive. Called ahead and had the put the "Who Made the Man" 7" aside, along with a reissue of Solid Space Space Museum. Then when perusing, happened to see The Uranium Club LIVE! at Arci Taun! Very pleased. Dropped 40.00 and felt like a king.

Nice! That live album is killer. I need to play mine again soon. Did you get the italian flag colored vinyl?

Mr. Kamikazi

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #556 on: March 21, 2019, 02:29:35 PM »
No, it’s just black.  BUT.....

It came with a download so that’s pleasing. Plus it was a flat 15.00. So I’m pleased.

Omamori

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -128
« Reply #557 on: March 21, 2019, 09:40:47 PM »
I've been buying records like crazy the past year. I've collected records for about 5 years. Not seriously collecting until the past 2 years. Here's what I've ordered off Discogs and Bandcamp recently

P.T.A's - New Songs
Tomoko Aran - Last Good-bye
Nav Katze - Oyzac
Bô'vel - Bô'vel
George Aron - A star in the sky
Park Hye Jin - If U want it
Heidi sabertooth - Neu U

The P.T.A's record is a 7' flexi. I am curious to hear it. My first flexi

concerned_parent

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 281
« Reply #558 on: March 22, 2019, 04:43:55 AM »
Just picked up “No Gods” by Choking V and Courtney Barnett’s “Sometimes I sit and think...” over the weekend. I have horrible music taste.

damn i have both of those in my collection so i must also have horrible music taste

i think i found that barnett album in an urban outfitters sale bin for $4.99. and it's translucent orange.
good come sausage

hangontoyourego

« Reply #559 on: March 22, 2019, 04:57:32 PM »
anyone looking forward to rsd ? im stoked  franck black , duran duran and marc maron .
https://recordstoreday.com/

Mr. Kamikazi

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #560 on: March 22, 2019, 05:01:32 PM »
anyone looking forward to rsd ? im stoked  franck black , duran duran and marc maron .

The record store where I grew up has an interesting take on RSD; after ordering all these special releases and not selling them as well as he'd like, he stopped doing orders on RSD stuff and started buying insane collections from people and putting that stuff out on RSD instead. So while you couldn't get whatever was released that day, you'd leave with an original No Trend self titled or some weird prog rock record that was an original, in good shape, for a good price.

hangontoyourego

« Reply #561 on: March 22, 2019, 05:14:42 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

The record store where I grew up has an interesting take on RSD; after ordering all these special releases and not selling them as well as he'd like, he stopped doing orders on RSD stuff and started buying insane collections from people and putting that stuff out on RSD instead. So while you couldn't get whatever was released that day, you'd leave with an original No Trend self titled or some weird prog rock record that was an original, in good shape, for a good price.
that’s sounds rad . i don’t think i’ve been to a good one in almost 10 years. where’s this record store ?

kilgorgetrout

• Rep: -10
« Reply #562 on: March 22, 2019, 05:18:56 PM »

Gimmicky bullshit.
It puts independent record stores in an awful place. If they want large stocks of the premium, highly anticipated releases that will sell, they need to take bulk orders of shovelwear shit no one wants and will forever be in the sale bins. I’ve talked to the indies in my town and this shit does more harm than good for business. Every day is record store day, support your local independent store everyday and just wait six months to buy that dumb Phish album or awful U2 single for half the price.

Mr. Kamikazi

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #563 on: March 22, 2019, 05:56:11 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
that’s sounds rad . i don’t think i’ve been to a good one in almost 10 years. where’s this record store ?

Double Decker Records in Pennsylvania.

hangontoyourego

« Reply #564 on: March 23, 2019, 08:28:36 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Gimmicky bullshit.
It puts independent record stores in an awful place. If they want large stocks of the premium, highly anticipated releases that will sell, they need to take bulk orders of shovelwear shit no one wants and will forever be in the sale bins. I’ve talked to the indies in my town and this shit does more harm than good for business. Every day is record store day, support your local independent store everyday and just wait six months to buy that dumb Phish album or awful U2 single for half the price.
[close]

Imagine buying a Phish album.
so you’re bummed you ain’t getting the greatful dead records ? it’s obviously a gimmick but that doesn’t mean some cool records come out . last year i purchased a rad songs:ohia doubke LP

kilgorgetrout

« Reply #565 on: March 23, 2019, 08:39:24 AM »
I’m bummed on the effect it has on independent record stores and that the majority of what they’re pushing is garbage.

I’ve lined up twice in the last six years for releases, and even then they were available at under market prices soon after. I’m just not sipping the kool aid with the “limited” “variant” nonsense pressuring people to consume.

Go in mid day to your local store and participate in whatever they’ve put on for the day, and buy a fucking record.

kilgorgetrout

« Reply #566 on: March 23, 2019, 08:41:06 AM »
Don’t get me started on Crosley’s 3” turntable campaign this year...

hangontoyourego

« Reply #567 on: March 23, 2019, 08:57:12 AM »
get started ! i usually stop in mid day to grab a few things . this a yeah a local record shop put two records aside for me .

hangontoyourego

« Reply #568 on: March 23, 2019, 09:26:46 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Gimmicky bullshit.
[close]

Imagine buying a Phish album.
[close]
so you’re bummed you ain’t getting the greatful dead records ? it’s obviously a gimmick but that doesn’t mean some cool records come out . last year i purchased a rad songs:ohia doubke LP
[close]

I understand that the Dead are trendy now, but you couldn't pay me to stand in line all day with a bunch of hipster assholes. No record is that essential to me.
trust me if you have ever stood in line you would one it’s def not hipsters in line @6am . even in oakland .

kilgorgetrout

« Reply #569 on: March 23, 2019, 09:59:10 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
get started ! i usually stop in mid day to grab a few things . this a yeah a local record shop put two records aside for me .

Look, I get it.
Just like RSD itself it’s a way to to bring people into the “vinyl” fold, and hopefully become collectors and blah, blah, but I mean... have you heard one of these things playing? It sounds nothing short of a Chipmunks novelty version of your favorite song.

THAT sort of gimmicky, shallow, put it on the shelf and never touch it again sort of shit around this holiday I can’t stand.

Supporting local businesses under the umbrella of tangible media? That I can.