Author Topic: Vinyl Records  (Read 132105 times)

Ms. Tamzarian

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 727
  • I like dork tricks :/
Re: Vinyl Records
« Reply #600 on: July 22, 2019, 08:37:12 PM »
here's two LPs im really feeling currently

doublesteveburger

« Reply #601 on: July 22, 2019, 10:51:06 PM »
Had to pick up “Album of the Year” by The Good Life last night due to it being a great break up record and I’m balls deep in depression at the moment.

hangontoyourego

« Reply #602 on: July 23, 2019, 09:24:31 PM »
here's two LPs im really feeling currently

100,000 years and black diamond are amazing especially live . i was on youtube rabbit hole sometime ago with those tracks

Ms. Tamzarian

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 727
  • I like dork tricks :/
« Reply #603 on: July 28, 2019, 10:27:45 AM »

so happy i brought this home today!

ego yess those are really awesome deep dive tunes ! i've done the same very recently

cucktard

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 285
« Reply #604 on: July 29, 2019, 04:45:07 AM »
Found this in the ‘recent additions’ bin at the local second hand place

I’m trying to be every mom’s favorite skater’-&&

Duane's the type of guy to ask to see your junk then go to school and tell everyone you're gay. - Uncle Flea

igrindtwinkies

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 373
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #605 on: August 02, 2019, 11:24:46 PM »

I love those comps.

hangontoyourego

« Last Edit: September 10, 2019, 02:28:34 PM by hangontoyourego »

animalflesh

« Reply #607 on: September 10, 2019, 03:32:12 PM »
Ooo man I gotta take some pics of my stuff later!!

Glue Reed

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 159
« Reply #608 on: September 10, 2019, 03:37:11 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I love those comps.

Good find, those comps aren’t as easy to come by anymore.  The first 4 volumes are essential

OldieButFrenchie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 83
« Reply #609 on: September 12, 2019, 01:01:11 AM »
so we had a garage sale and I sold maybe 10 records.... the response was crazy!
so many people stopped to check them out. Got to sell at a pretty good price too. 20 euros for The Firm double LP was the most expensive I think....
made me realize vinyl records are definitely very very trendy. Then I looked up on Discogs the latest top 30 sales. It's getting batshit crazy!! Top seller was 8000$ for a Royksopp double LP    :o :o
So I started to go through my records......next garage sale I plan on selling around 50 to 60.
My goal is to make at least 250 euros to make up for the 3rd bass I bought and a new effect pedal.

But I have to say when I see how expensive some of my 90's french rap records have become....really starting to think about selling some too.

imuseless

• Rep: 14
« Reply #610 on: September 16, 2019, 12:31:40 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

I love those comps.
[close]

Good find, those comps aren’t as easy to come by anymore.  The first 4 volumes are essential

Best!

JB

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 857
  • Rusty Berrings Roll Forever
« Reply #611 on: September 19, 2019, 07:50:34 AM »
so many people stopped to check them out. Got to sell at a pretty good price too. 20 euros for The Firm double LP was the most expensive I think....
made me realize vinyl records are definitely very very trendy. Then I looked up on Discogs the latest top 30 sales. It's getting batshit crazy!! Top seller was 8000$ for a Royksopp double LP    :o :o
So I started to go through my records......next garage sale I plan on selling around 50 to 60.
My goal is to make at least 250 euros to make up for the 3rd bass I bought and a new effect pedal.

But I have to say when I see how expensive some of my 90's french rap records have become....really starting to think about selling some too.

I had a garage sale earlier in the summer and I put out everything from my collection that I didn't want for 50 cents a piece. Maybe like 40-50 records, mostly 70s pop and rock stuff. Out of everything I had for sale, my records were definitely the most popular and I got rid of probably half of them. Kinda surprised me.

Will probably take the rest to the store soon and see what they'll offer me. I've done it a few times and made enough money to get one brand new record which to me is worth it. Don't need a bunch of shit I don't listen to taking up space on the shelf.

OldieButFrenchie

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #612 on: September 20, 2019, 02:53:50 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I had a garage sale earlier in the summer and I put out everything from my collection that I didn't want for 50 cents a piece. Maybe like 40-50 records, mostly 70s pop and rock stuff. Out of everything I had for sale, my records were definitely the most popular and I got rid of probably half of them. Kinda surprised me.

Will probably take the rest to the store soon and see what they'll offer me. I've done it a few times and made enough money to get one brand new record which to me is worth it. Don't need a bunch of shit I don't listen to taking up space on the shelf.

I'm surprised you didn't sell everything at 50 cents a piece.... Where do you live?
I mean in second-hand stores, 70's pop rock/stuff goes for 5 to 10 euros in Europe, usually. and sometimes way more!

JB

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #613 on: September 20, 2019, 07:45:18 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

I'm surprised you didn't sell everything at 50 cents a piece.... Where do you live?
I mean in second-hand stores, 70's pop rock/stuff goes for 5 to 10 euros in Europe, usually. and sometimes way more!

I'm in the suburbs outside of detroit. A lot of the shops around me would've sold most of what I had around $3-5 with a few close to $10. The point of the garage sale was to get rid of stuff, not really to make money, and I like giving people a good deal to haul my shit away so I didn't want to charge much for anything. I only did the sale one day and put it all together last minute, so that's why I probably didn't sell all the albums. If I tried harder to promote it I'm sure I would've sold more. I was going to try to have another one but ended up just donating or tossing all the other shit because it wasn't worth the time and effort to have the garage sale again.

FUCKINGLOUD

• Rep: -10
« Reply #614 on: September 20, 2019, 02:37:53 PM »
ONLY VINYL RECORD I EVER BOUGHT WAS FROM TENNIS. I WOULD DRINK TEQUILA SUNRISES AND CRY WHILE WATCHING CSI. THOSE WERE THE DAYS.

hangontoyourego

« Reply #615 on: September 22, 2019, 09:08:03 AM »

Broke this out Sunday morning .

offkilter

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 263
« Reply #616 on: October 12, 2019, 09:06:22 AM »
I’ve always been adamant about not order records from Discogs / online, always living in towns with good record stores and making relationships with the owners. But I was never going to find this in a shop and it’s pretty much the best soundtrack ever made specifically for a skate video.

« Last Edit: October 12, 2019, 09:11:38 AM by offkilter »

OldieButFrenchie

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #617 on: October 14, 2019, 06:18:16 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

I'm in the suburbs outside of detroit. A lot of the shops around me would've sold most of what I had around $3-5 with a few close to $10. The point of the garage sale was to get rid of stuff, not really to make money, and I like giving people a good deal to haul my shit away so I didn't want to charge much for anything. I only did the sale one day and put it all together last minute, so that's why I probably didn't sell all the albums. If I tried harder to promote it I'm sure I would've sold more. I was going to try to have another one but ended up just donating or tossing all the other shit because it wasn't worth the time and effort to have the garage sale again.

right, close to Detroit makes sense......that place gotta be a digger's paradise. As a european, even the record shops in NYC blew me away 10 years ago. soul/funk/rock shit from American artists is just so much more expensive in Europe.
anyways I did my second garage sale and did pretty good, sold 20 records for 210 euros total. plus it was kinda fun except when it started raining!  :-X
I'm going to go into the vinyl business a bit more seriously I think...and actually start buying just to resell. Not planning on making that much money but it's just fun.

JB

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #618 on: October 14, 2019, 06:54:41 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

right, close to Detroit makes sense......that place gotta be a digger's paradise. As a european, even the record shops in NYC blew me away 10 years ago. soul/funk/rock shit from American artists is just so much more expensive in Europe.
anyways I did my second garage sale and did pretty good, sold 20 records for 210 euros total. plus it was kinda fun except when it started raining!  :-X
I'm going to go into the vinyl business a bit more seriously I think...and actually start buying just to resell. Not planning on making that much money but it's just fun.

I'm sure you could make enough money to fund all the records you want for your personal collection by buying and selling other records. It's just a matter of how much time and energy you have to devote to it.

OldieButFrenchie

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #619 on: October 15, 2019, 03:46:03 AM »
I'm sure you could make enough money to fund all the records you want for your personal collection by buying and selling other records. It's just a matter of how much time and energy you have to devote to it.

oh totally. But I'm more about slimming down my collection now. I think I have around 1000 to 1200 records and at some point I realized I had to stop......I want to have records to actually listen to them and not just stack them! But that's me. I can also get why some people have collections of 15 000 plus records....
so I still have a few things on my want list but I realized I don't need to have 5 Blondie or LL Cool J records. Might as well keep the 2 best ones and sell the rest!

chuckles

• Rep: 16
« Reply #620 on: October 28, 2019, 07:17:15 AM »

Broke this out Sunday morning .

Nice. Haven't heard this in forever. Wonder if I still even have a copy?

Glue Reed

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 159
« Reply #621 on: October 28, 2019, 12:14:09 PM »
Question for some of you fellow vinyl heads...

Do you guys have a technics turntable and if you do, do you have the M447 arm and if you do, what do you use for a stylus?

For years I would buy the shure stylus but I read shure doesn’t make any turntable products anymore.  I’m looking for a quality (but not hyper expensive) needle replacement.  They have some knockoffs on eBay for cheap but I want decent quality

hangontoyourego

hangontoyourego

« Reply #623 on: November 10, 2019, 09:19:39 AM »

Side 1 track 6 7
Side 2 track 2
« Last Edit: November 10, 2019, 09:28:29 AM by hangontoyourego »

Willie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 304
« Reply #624 on: November 10, 2019, 11:19:05 AM »
Game Of Pricks and My Valuable Hunting Knife?

(Don’t have the vinyl, just guessing)

hangontoyourego

« Reply #625 on: November 10, 2019, 11:54:49 AM »

Yup . Good guess . Could add little whirl too
Pretty rad the vinyl has the lyrics , can’t recall the last time I read some lyrics . One of the best things about records .
« Last Edit: November 10, 2019, 11:57:22 AM by hangontoyourego »

igrindtwinkies

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 373
« Reply #626 on: November 10, 2019, 08:43:15 PM »
Picked up an '02 copy of Scarface - The fix.  Did not expect to see that at my record store, one of my favorite hip-hop albums.

Hobochilli

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 313
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #627 on: November 11, 2019, 02:52:31 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
Yup . Good guess . Could add little whirl too
Pretty rad the vinyl has the lyrics , can’t recall the last time I read some lyrics . One of the best things about records .
[close]

Great album. Salty Salute, Watch me Jumpstart and Striped White Jets are my favorites along with the two you mentioned.
Cigaretter tricks

hangontoyourego

« Reply #628 on: November 17, 2019, 08:41:19 AM »

Picked up these two the other day . Dire straits is great for Sunday morning .

EnglishWay1

« Reply #629 on: December 14, 2019, 03:45:01 PM »
Picked up an '02 copy of Scarface - The fix.  Did not expect to see that at my record store, one of my favorite hip-hop albums.

Great album.