Author Topic: Looking for a new shoe  (Read 1347 times)

howlin

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -3
  • ch'eah bruh
Looking for a new shoe
« on: February 12, 2013, 06:47:14 PM »
i'm currently skating Dekline daily shoes now, that have certainly gone to shit.. besides that they were way to thin, my feet freeze up in these cold wintery conditions. So i've been looking at the carlo's and gravis quarters. Can you guys give me more info on these shoes or shoes that you think i should be leaning towards
thanks

Firebert

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 230
    • Instagram avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Looking for a new shoe
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2013, 08:13:33 PM »
g6

Morty Seinfeld

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2013, 08:18:55 PM »
Gravis insoles are spectacular. Buy them while you can.

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 383
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2013, 08:31:24 PM »

Very true. I haven't skated the Quarters, but I have skated the Dylan vulcs and Artos and I can tell you that those didn't help much in Chicago winters. The Quarters look about as thin as the Artos are/were, but they might not help keep your feet warm.

howlin

• ch'eah bruh
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2013, 04:03:55 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Very true. I haven't skated the Quarters, but I have skated the Dylan vulcs and Artos and I can tell you that those didn't help much in Chicago winters. The Quarters look about as thin as the Artos are/were, but they might not help keep your feet warm.

and what do you know about that sizing, because if the run like a half size big i can scoop them for 45..

Firebert

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 230
    • Instagram avatar image
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2013, 07:30:24 AM »
there is nothing special about those insoles... just some cheap foam

i'd say lunarlon is better

kingfoam = best

biggietoms

• Rep: 8
  • take acid
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2013, 07:39:22 AM »
^^ nah dood, there really was sumthin special about. Poron, cloud 9 or sum shit.Dylans, Filters, n Artos were the truth.....had/have all 3.

If you hit the karmaloop ebay store, they got a ton for dirt cheap, every style and almost every color. Shit i saw the dylan slip for 22. But if you want something with a bit more proctection, with just as much feel/flick id go with the artos

brokenheadphone

« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2013, 07:44:43 AM »
I just got the Gravis Arto Mids and the insoles are not "cheap foam", they're polyurethane. That said, I'm using the Footprint Alvarez insoles in most of my shoes. Also, the Arto Mids are not super thin suede like you see on a lot of vulc shoes. I don't know about the Arto low-tops. I liked the mids enough that I bought 3 pairs of them...totally worth the ~$35 from the Karmaloop eBay store. The brown ones are nice enough that I might not even skate them.

While they're not a cold weather insulated boot, they kept my feet plenty warm in below freezing weather yesterday. Honestly if your feet are cold, you need some cold weather socks like Smartwool or something...go to a sporting goods/camping store and look for some.

sleepypancakes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 228
  • Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2013, 07:52:56 AM »
^^ nah dood, there really was sumthin special about. Poron, cloud 9 or sum shit.Dylans, Filters, n Artos were the truth.....had/have all 3.

If you hit the karmaloop ebay store, they got a ton for dirt cheap, every style and almost every color. Shit i saw the dylan slip for 22. But if you want something with a bit more proctection, with just as much feel/flick id go with the artos
Link?

biggietoms

• take acid

PissWizard

« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2013, 10:12:10 AM »
You should go with the Arto Mids, here in Finland its fuckin cold, and lots of snow but Artos keep my feet warm, and the boardfeel is really good.

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2013, 10:31:36 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

and what do you know about that sizing, because if the run like a half size big i can scoop them for 45..

I normally wear 11s, but my first pair of Artos were 11 and they stretched out a little, so my second pair were 10.5s and they worked fine. Both sizes worked fine for me though, so you should be ok either way.

howlin

• ch'eah bruh
« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2013, 04:31:42 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

I normally wear 11s, but my first pair of Artos were 11 and they stretched out a little, so my second pair were 10.5s and they worked fine. Both sizes worked fine for me though, so you should be ok either way.

i hate to break it to you all, but i can't find any arto mids. in any colorway. if you have a link with some, that would be super great if you could get it to me, thanks

Morty Seinfeld

« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2013, 05:06:23 PM »
Karmaloop took every single one of those Gravis ebay auctions down. Glad I got two pairs of Filters and a pair of Filter Duro's while I could.

howlin

• ch'eah bruh
« Reply #14 on: February 13, 2013, 05:14:31 PM »
Karmaloop took every single one of those Gravis ebay auctions down. Glad I got two pairs of Filters and a pair of Filter Duro's while I could.
thats what i thought, i guess i'm going with the quarters.

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2013, 06:13:31 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

i hate to break it to you all, but i can't find any arto mids. in any colorway. if you have a link with some, that would be super great if you could get it to me, thanks

http://www.shoebacca.com/gravis/arto-mid-266189-266.html

I remember seeing some cheaper ones in their entire Gravis list.

biggietoms

• take acid
« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2013, 09:22:33 PM »

This seriously happend like less than 5 hours ago. I guess they took down all there dirt cheap analog stuff too, late last week i got arto denim for 20. was goin back for more on payday

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2013, 10:43:01 PM »
Here's a pair of black Arto mids from an awesome Chicago shop.  Free shipping too I believe.

http://www.upriseskateboards.com/product_detail.cfm?CatID=2&PID=6924

They have some Arto lows on sale too.

johnes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -238
« Reply #18 on: February 13, 2013, 11:55:06 PM »
http://www.plndr.com/plndr/MembersOnly/login.aspx?r=6595650

There are still some gravis on sale here, but no artos in 11 left.
I’m a fat Siamese cat.

hekkahyphy

« Reply #19 on: February 17, 2013, 06:46:34 AM »
hit up plndr.com and use savehekka at the checkout. or any other code you find on google for that matter. you guys missed the buy one get one free on twenty dollar gravis =(

howlin

• ch'eah bruh
« Reply #20 on: February 17, 2013, 02:21:14 PM »
thanks for all the help guys, i ordered the gravis quarters lx in port wax being i couldn't find any arto mids anywhere close to my size

Omamori

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -128
« Reply #21 on: February 17, 2013, 02:40:41 PM »
Check out those other two sites listed previously, plndr and shoebacca. check them often because they add new stuff and have different deals. I got two pairs of gravis on plndr for the price of one and on shoebacca I got some artos for super cheap (also a pair of lakais)

http://www.skatewarehouse.com/Gravis/catpage-GRAVIS.html

http://www.ridefourever.com/see/gravis

http://www.tactics.com/gravis/skate-shoes

edit: oh nevermind, you already got shoes haha

janky858

« Reply #22 on: February 23, 2013, 01:21:23 AM »
vans: tnt5s, sk8 low/mid/hi, old skools

you should really only skate vans.