Author Topic: Spitfire formula four  (Read 689891 times)

RayGatsby and 4 Guests are viewing this topic.

white guy in a durag

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 230
  • 0 days since last ankle injury
Re: Spitfire formula four
« Reply #3750 on: December 09, 2021, 05:48:22 AM »
ATTN: euro boys

Mantis in Hamburg's got the 57s (and the burnside 58 classics if anyone's into those)
https://mantisshop.de/detail/index/sArticle/7371/sCategory/22

I dm'd them a bit ago and they said that they've ordered the 60, but only the 57s arrived yesterday.

Xen

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 939
  • U neg cuz UR insecure-glad I got under your skin

listentoaheartbeat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 187
« Reply #3752 on: December 09, 2021, 02:30:19 PM »

Mantis in Hamburg's got the 57s (and the burnside 58 classics if anyone's into those)

I dm'd them a bit ago and they said that they've ordered the 60, but only the 57s arrived yesterday.

Lobby has the 57s, too:

https://www.lobby-skateshop.de/produkt/spifire-formula-four-kader-loud-clouds-radial-full-shape-99a/

Almost ordered but then realized that the wheels I really want are 52-54mm Radial Fulls. The Classic Fulls will do for now.

Ok

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1094
« Reply #3753 on: December 09, 2021, 07:29:05 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Lobby has the 57s, too:

https://www.lobby-skateshop.de/produkt/spifire-formula-four-kader-loud-clouds-radial-full-shape-99a/

Almost ordered but then realized that the wheels I really want are 52-54mm Radial Fulls. The Classic Fulls will do for now.

Samesies. 52 would be lovely.

Mbrimson88

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 974
  • Just another skate shop guy
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #3754 on: December 09, 2021, 10:09:46 PM »
So many of the older classics in bigger sizes have come back to me, as well as some I have skated down myself, so most wheels around 50 to 52 mm which are still about 34 to 38 mm width are what I like skating the most.

They are such fat square shaped wheels now, but are still really good for most stuff, especially nowdays as I am not skating as much big transition as I used to, more just having fun on curbs, flat and small street stuff.

I wonder if any of you guys who do like the smaller diameter wheels could match up with some others who ride the bigger wheels for a trade / swap deal as I have going on with a number of skaters around my area, or even sending them where ever they need to go.

It is too expensive sending them across the world, otherwise I would share what I have, but even though I can afford new wheels, I prefer well used ones and help people who trade wheels back to me.

The classic and classic full in 56 and 58 are really good, along with the classic 60 mm which are extra wide, but they do take a long time to wear right down.

Just an example of some of the older wheels, including some on the right I reshaped to be a bit more rounded:

I talk too much about skateboards.  Sorry.

Esmith5488

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 390
« Reply #3755 on: December 10, 2021, 04:08:23 AM »
Haven’t had the conical fulls in a long time? How have you curb guys been liking them?. I ride mostly the classics or radial slims as I’ve been afraid of having curb stuff be more difficult on the harder edged wheel

munchbox

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 838
  • like….? brunch
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #3756 on: December 10, 2021, 07:58:17 AM »
I wonder if any of you guys who do like the smaller diameter wheels could match up with some others who ride the bigger wheels for a trade / swap deal as I have going on with a number of skaters around my area, or even sending them where ever they need to go.

im very interested in worn down 60mms in any shape
while cool-guying is a real phenomenon, studies show that 83% of all cool-guying incidents can be attributed to the cool-guyee being an awkward weirdo

Frank and Fred

« Reply #3757 on: December 10, 2021, 09:53:27 AM »
I love skating 58mm Classics and getting them down to 54mm and below... They just reshape so nicely.

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3758 on: December 10, 2021, 02:43:38 PM »
Haven’t had the conical fulls in a long time? How have you curb guys been liking them?. I ride mostly the classics or radial slims as I’ve been afraid of having curb stuff be more difficult on the harder edged wheel

When they are new, there is a fairly small but still nicely rounded edge on them, but as they wear down, they definitely get a bit too sharp for what I like, hence the rounding off with an angle grinder in the pic above.

It also depends on which size as the smaller ones (53 to 54mm) are not half as huge as the bigger ones, which is why I usually stick to the Classic / Classic Full too.

I like medium width wheels when really worn down (Classics), or much wider wheels when they still have a little rounding to the edges (Classic Full), as they get on and off coping much more easily, but I am leaning more towards smaller / older Conical Full shapes on street stuff, which is pretty much how my other wheels end up anyway in terms of size and shape.

Not sure I would really ride the Conical Full shape from new, but they are still a good all round wheel for everything once you get used to the different feel to Classic shapes.

Esmith5488

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3759 on: December 10, 2021, 03:21:00 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

When they are new, there is a fairly small but still nicely rounded edge on them, but as they wear down, they definitely get a bit too sharp for what I like, hence the rounding off with an angle grinder in the pic above.

It also depends on which size as the smaller ones (53 to 54mm) are not half as huge as the bigger ones, which is why I usually stick to the Classic / Classic Full too.

I like medium width wheels when really worn down (Classics), or much wider wheels when they still have a little rounding to the edges (Classic Full), as they get on and off coping much more easily, but I am leaning more towards smaller / older Conical Full shapes on street stuff, which is pretty much how my other wheels end up anyway in terms of size and shape.

Not sure I would really ride the Conical Full shape from new, but they are still a good all round wheel for everything once you get used to the different feel to Classic shapes.
Thanks for the response, i plan on going with a 53 for street so maybe they won’t be so bad or maybe I’ll set them up and hate them. I had a set when they first hit in 99a and I liked them a lot but I skate much differently now

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3760 on: December 10, 2021, 08:33:59 PM »

Thanks for the response, i plan on going with a 53 for street so maybe they won’t be so bad or maybe I’ll set them up and hate them. I had a set when they first hit in 99a and I liked them a lot but I skate much differently now

I think you would actually like the 53mm size and shape quite a bit.

Looking at some new ones I have here, they are smaller than most of the others, while still being a good size wheel.

Esmith5488

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3761 on: December 11, 2021, 03:21:41 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I think you would actually like the 53mm size and shape quite a bit.

Looking at some new ones I have here, they are smaller than most of the others, while still being a good size wheel.
Local shop here just got some in and I might cop a set.

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1891
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #3762 on: December 13, 2021, 11:53:19 PM »
Anyone have the DLXSF customer service email? Got a huge chip on my F4 Tablets 2 sessions in, wanted to hit them up for a replacement. Spitfire and DLXSF have been quite on IG, thought I'd try email.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

FatGuy92

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 567
« Reply #3763 on: December 14, 2021, 01:06:26 AM »
Anyone have the DLXSF customer service email? Got a huge chip on my F4 Tablets 2 sessions in, wanted to hit them up for a replacement. Spitfire and DLXSF have been quite on IG, thought I'd try email.

There's a "hit us up" option in the top right menu here

https://www.dlxsf.com/

I haven't emailed DLX directly in like 3 years, but they were quick to respond when I had an issue with a BA deck I got awhile back

beandemon

• Rep: 180
« Reply #3764 on: December 14, 2021, 06:05:42 AM »
I used the contact email form for some thunders a few months ago. Deluxe’s customer service is painless.

rocklobster

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3765 on: December 14, 2021, 06:52:16 AM »
I used to contact Scott, he lurked on here for a bit but he mentioned in email he's moved on to another department.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

Landmine

• Rep: 184
« Reply #3766 on: December 14, 2021, 08:23:21 AM »
If anyone is still after some Kaders, Tactics has them in stock on both sizes.  Just grabbed some 60s.

swellbowed

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 462
  • ow
« Reply #3767 on: December 14, 2021, 01:01:30 PM »
Hit up Cam --> [email protected]

l1ll1ll1

• Rep: 56
« Reply #3768 on: December 14, 2021, 01:38:07 PM »
euro-friends: shrn has a ton of new spitfires...

https://www.soohotrightnow.com

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3769 on: December 14, 2021, 05:09:21 PM »
If anyone is still after some Kaders, Tactics has them in stock on both sizes.  Just grabbed some 60s.

Everything else sold out super quick, so I wonder how long these will last.

https://www.tactics.com/spitfire/kader-pro-formula-four-radial-full-skateboard-wheels/loud-clouds-99d

Right now:

57mm x 22

60mm x 28

rocklobster

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3770 on: December 14, 2021, 05:43:23 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Hit up Cam --> [email protected]

Yup Cameron replied after I dropped them a mail via the website, thanks!
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

DeepSpace9mm

• Rep: 100
« Reply #3771 on: December 17, 2021, 08:21:49 AM »
Is anyone using those Kader radial fulls?

I need to see some shots of how massive they look on a setup.

Thanks.

MaXX_I-D

« Reply #3772 on: December 17, 2021, 09:19:54 AM »
I see that the hommie that was getting picked on in the set-up thread is selling some 52mm 101 conical fulls. What’s people’seses opinions on the conical fulls in 101. I’m about 140ish(lubs naturally(pounds)) and skating a >14” wheelbase(I feel like it strangely mattters but could be wrong).

TLDR(I felt weirdly young when I had to look up what this meant the other day)

Opinions on 52mm conical fulls 101 or just the shape and duro?

Paperclip20

• Rep: 135
  • Please send symmetrical board information
« Reply #3773 on: December 17, 2021, 11:17:18 AM »
I see that the hommie that was getting picked on in the set-up thread is selling some 52mm 101 conical fulls. What’s people’seses opinions on the conical fulls in 101. I’m about 140ish(lubs naturally(pounds)) and skating a >14” wheelbase(I feel like it strangely mattters but could be wrong).

101 54mm Conical fulls are sick so those probably are too. I prefer 99 though.

notinternetfamous

• Rep: 302
  • Watch PURGATORY - the Sproul video
« Reply #3774 on: December 17, 2021, 11:33:03 AM »

It's been a while since I last rode my setup with the 52 mm 101 conical fulls, but I enjoyed them. I honestly couldn't feel the difference between the 99 and 101 formula, but my guess is since I typically skate 99 classics, the 101 conical fulls wouldn't feel more slippery because of the extra riding surface

Krooked antihero

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 157
« Reply #3775 on: December 17, 2021, 11:38:41 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

It's been a while since I last rode my setup with the 52 mm 101 conical fulls, but I enjoyed them. I honestly couldn't feel the difference between the 99 and 101 formula, but my guess is since I typically skate 99 classics, the 101 conical fulls wouldn't feel more slippery because of the extra riding surface
That’s the wheel I’ve been riding past years, perfect for me, get ’em! Perfect amount of control and slide, also best duro and shape for powerslides.
europe's like the capitol of england and france and whatever

It sucks getting old.

sharkin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 481
« Reply #3776 on: December 18, 2021, 05:35:48 AM »
I skated 52mm 101 conical fulls and they’re sick. Nice low fast.. rides like a Porsche

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3777 on: December 18, 2021, 05:14:41 PM »
I am sure 52 mm are still the most common size, but pretty much everyone I know buy or ride 54 mm and up, with 54 to 56 mm being the most common size.

The good thing with that is there are a lot of used wheels that come back to me, when they are 50 to 52 mm in size, which are wider than the usual 52 mm sizes, which I prefer anyway.

Comparing the smaller size wheels, they definitely have a purpose, but they almost look too skinny against all these other worn down bigger and much wider wheels.

s0sa

• Rep: 9
« Reply #3778 on: December 18, 2021, 08:34:56 PM »
anyone know what duro these are?? I can’t find these in any of the catalogs.. https://www.paradeworld.com/products/spitfire-classic-swirl-wheels-blackwhite-56mm-90-6661680726070/

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3779 on: December 19, 2021, 03:35:12 AM »
anyone know what duro these are?? I can’t find these in any of the catalogs.. https://www.paradeworld.com/products/spitfire-classic-swirl-wheels-blackwhite-56mm-90-6661680726070/

Two things:

1.  These are the original 99 duro classic swirl wheels, great wheels in their time.

2. They are also rather unique, as they are not in the usual Spitfire packaging and at first thinking they were like the Navarrette swirl which is long out of stock, as far as I know, but I haven't seen these in this colour and graphic ever before, or at least I had some like them a while back, so they could have been a "team rider" or some other special edition.

Some of the Navarrette 56mm swirl:

https://olliedayskateshop.fr/produit/spitfire-wheels-swirl-pro-classic-navarrette-52mm-99a/

Could be just me but as far as more recent options, but the only ones I recall seeing were the orange / yellow swirl classics from last season.

https://www.tactics.com/spitfire/classic-skateboard-wheels/firefight-orange-yellow-99a

Seems like the Formula Four options come out once in a while too, some green / black conical fulls in shops now.  Most of the coloured wheels are not made in large quantities and usually sell out fairly quickly, but there still might be some around in places that don't get so much traffic, as I have found here and there.

Anyone else correct me if I am wrong though.

« Last Edit: December 19, 2021, 04:01:58 AM by Mbrimson88 »