Author Topic: Spitfire formula four  (Read 709102 times)

moonordie

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 35
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Re: Spitfire formula four
« Reply #6060 on: April 11, 2024, 06:01:26 AM »
The 93s have arrived in Europe. My local, Freedom in Vienna, has them in stock.

https://freedomskateshop.at/search?q=Spitfire%2093

…great shop btw.
I was about to ask for 93 in here (EU)
Gnard

PS: €75 ouchhhh
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

pops

• Rep: 241
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #6061 on: April 11, 2024, 06:09:23 AM »
80e for a set of wheels is kinda harsh.

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 682
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
    • my youtube avatar image
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #6062 on: April 11, 2024, 06:18:50 AM »
I am seeing the first shops having the 93a now available in Canada for $76 - $85.88 after tax  ;D

rikki

• Rep: 284
« Reply #6063 on: April 11, 2024, 06:27:00 AM »
Expand Quote
The 93s have arrived in Europe. My local, Freedom in Vienna, has them in stock.

https://freedomskateshop.at/search?q=Spitfire%2093

…great shop btw.
[close]
I was about to ask for 93 in here (EU)
Gnard

PS: €75 ouchhhh

Fucking hell. Forum rules probably prevent me from listing all the kinds of good stuff I could get for that sum.

Target group: well-off middle age gearheads. (Oops.)

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 682
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
    • my youtube avatar image
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #6064 on: April 11, 2024, 06:41:59 AM »
pretty happy I got them for $63 canadian with tax from the skatepark of Tampa while I was there :)
they only had the classics left so i was glad I ordered them ahead of time!

CarcassToss

• Rep: 23
« Reply #6065 on: April 11, 2024, 07:45:51 AM »
Before these 93A I had some 97A 55 OG Classics
(I think, it's that or conical fulls) for rougher spots. I needed the diameter and the softer compound. I did try Dragons in 54 and the widest X99 shape. I have the 93A in 54 Radials and they're faster than the OG and the setup feels less clunky due to the smaller width and diameter. I woulda gotten 53s had my shop had em. Normally I like around a 53 so they wear into 52s so these would enable me to ride the same setup more or less at all spots.

With that said I think they're better than the X99 just because they revert with more control and just better overall. More fun to skate in transition as a result. They still can squeal and drag, but all these wheels do. I do find that when they do they don't just halt.

The Bones wheels are still good they just don't have as attractive of marketing or team riders.

CarcassToss

« Reply #6066 on: April 11, 2024, 07:48:17 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Wonderful, all the V6 shape take has me thinking I want to try a set in 54mm.

Thanks Slap.
[close]

Hate to add fuel to the fire, but I really really like my x99 56mm V6s. Felt a little sticky at first with the xformula and the wider contact patch coming from V5s, but now I don’t ever want to go back. Plus the aesthetics.
[close]

X99 in V6 are amazing, I picked up the 54mm blk ones and I swear they are harder/louder than white x99s. Pretty much a radial...speaking of radials...just listen to how good they sound. (also when did he bounce from Indy?)

Not sure if Mason bounced, but DLX is pushing a lot of riders that are not on a DLX truck to ride one. The new T2 supposedly is going to be a different turn (according to my shop owner who has been testing a pair) and sort of an Indy/Ace orientation. I could see Mason being one of the riders they push to switch since most of Real rides Thunders.

Frank and Fred

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 784
« Reply #6067 on: April 11, 2024, 09:27:45 AM »

The new T2 supposedly is going to be a different turn (according to my shop owner who has been testing a pair) and sort of an Indy/Ace orientation. I could see Mason being one of the riders they push to switch since most of Real rides Thunders.

Makes a lot of sense for DLX to have a stable truck like Venture and then a looser turnier truck.

This is music to my ears. Currently rotate between Thunder and Ace and if there is some kind of sweet middle ground... well... shitabrick...

Anyone, know what the timeline looks like?

art hellman

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1172
« Reply #6068 on: April 11, 2024, 11:25:10 AM »
Expand Quote

The new T2 supposedly is going to be a different turn (according to my shop owner who has been testing a pair) and sort of an Indy/Ace orientation. I could see Mason being one of the riders they push to switch since most of Real rides Thunders.
[close]

Makes a lot of sense for DLX to have a stable truck like Venture and then a looser turnier truck.

This is music to my ears. Currently rotate between Thunder and Ace and if there is some kind of sweet middle ground... well... shitabrick...

hardly art, hardly starving

Xen

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 997
  • too easy, we know your new handle...stop following
« Reply #6069 on: April 11, 2024, 03:25:00 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Could be why Ishod is noodling with Ventures..

Mbrimson88

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1030
  • Just another skate shop guy
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #6070 on: April 11, 2024, 03:43:19 PM »
Of course, I should have known better.

I am a shame.

No, it is all just part and parcel with skateboarding, where even the slightest or smallest change can have a huge impact on things.

Keep your chin up and keep on rolling!!!!

:)

I talk too much about skateboards.  Sorry.

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #6071 on: April 11, 2024, 11:33:10 PM »
From the mason clips...doesn't have the tell tale hanger look of either an indy or thunder?

Sedition

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 685
  • Fuck the revoltion. Bring on the apocalypse.
    • ThePastParticple avatar image
« Reply #6072 on: April 11, 2024, 11:41:13 PM »
From the mason clips...doesn't have the tell tale hanger look of either an indy or thunder?

Looks like a...ThuIndy (ThIndy??).
IG: ThePastParticiple

DLX 8.25  |  144 Forged  |  53mm Classic  |  Super Swiss 6

"Everything has been figured out, except how to live." -Sartre

DERBY

• Rep: 254
« Reply #6073 on: April 11, 2024, 11:46:07 PM »
maybe the new thunders. maybe new the indys. can always be indy. nhs’ identity crisis is always at a constant

Jackismydogsname

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Rep: 8
« Reply #6074 on: April 12, 2024, 12:07:32 AM »
Has anyone skated a metal surfaced ramp with the 93s?
Riding the Dragons made me realize I scoot a lot on a mini ramp and those grab in bad way.
Mason's fakie flip he just posted is straight up and down 😉

Sedition

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 685
  • Fuck the revoltion. Bring on the apocalypse.
    • ThePastParticple avatar image
« Reply #6075 on: April 12, 2024, 12:14:09 AM »
Has anyone skated a metal surfaced ramp with the 93s?

I skated a 4' tall metal mini on mine for about 5 min, and a ton of other smaller metal ramps and banks. As I mentioned before, I was super worried about revert stuff (esp on the smaller, more mellow ramps where you have to push/force it around more), and didn't have any real issues. Yeah, 99a is easier, but I never once thought, "Didn't make that because of wheel grip."

I'd really like to try a 97a in this formula.
IG: ThePastParticiple

DLX 8.25  |  144 Forged  |  53mm Classic  |  Super Swiss 6

"Everything has been figured out, except how to live." -Sartre

pops

• Rep: 241
« Reply #6076 on: April 12, 2024, 01:07:07 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Thinder.

Fasttimes

• Rep: -32
« Reply #6077 on: April 12, 2024, 01:48:58 AM »
(I think, it's that or conical fulls) for rougher spots. I needed the diameter and the softer compound. I did try Dragons in 54 and the widest X99 shape. I have the 93A in 54 Radials and they're faster than the OG and the setup feels less clunky due to the smaller width and diameter. I woulda gotten 53s had my shop had em. Normally I like around a 53 so they wear into 52s so these would enable me to ride the same setup more or less at all spots.

With that said I think they're better than the X99 just because they revert with more control and just better overall. More fun to skate in transition as a result. They still can squeal and drag, but all these wheels do. I do find that when they do they don't just halt.

The Bones wheels are still good they just don't have as attractive of marketing or team riders.

Can you push a tailslide with 93s? I just don't understand. I grew up with those soft wheels, I don't understand why they are coming back. I know, myself, would stick hard with 93s on a pushed in tailslide (pushed meaning leaning back and using object for movement). Maybe I'm not getting it. . . How do you speed check for red light if you need to get a couple seconds before you cross? 99s can do a lot of versatility in a street environment. Dressen did kill with softer wheels though, I am over thinking this maybe.

Frank and Fred

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #6078 on: April 12, 2024, 07:28:47 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Can you push a tailslide with 93s? I just don't understand. I grew up with those soft wheels, I don't understand why they are coming back. I know, myself, would stick hard with 93s on a pushed in tailslide (pushed meaning leaning back and using object for movement). Maybe I'm not getting it. . . How do you speed check for red light if you need to get a couple seconds before you cross? 99s can do a lot of versatility in a street environment. Dressen did kill with softer wheels though, I am over thinking this maybe.

That's the whole point of these new wheels (Soft sliders, Dragons, X formula etc) They've finally figured out how to make soft wheels slide better.

Ok

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1112
« Reply #6079 on: April 12, 2024, 07:37:55 AM »

the hanger reminds me of the early ventures my grade school friend had. the deck was a thiebaud super hero graphic. all of this is very hazy. maybe 1989?

if they do a t2, i’ll of course NEED to buy/try.
and this is after realizing that i have more trucks than i’ll be able to use (i probably have like 10 ish sets of sorta tried trucks, that i might want to come back to using).
every post i make could go into gear madness.

JimmyFive

• Rep: 56
« Reply #6080 on: April 12, 2024, 08:06:23 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

That's the whole point of these new wheels (Soft sliders, Dragons, X formula etc) They've finally figured out how to make soft wheels slide better.

There are still places the cacophony of hype does not yet reach.

Frank and Fred

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #6081 on: April 12, 2024, 09:15:06 AM »
I'd to like to visit these sacred lands where we can be pure again.

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 967
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #6082 on: April 12, 2024, 10:27:48 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Thinder.

Looking tracker. You know before they jumped on Ventures dick after Tensor got off
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

CarcassToss

« Reply #6083 on: April 12, 2024, 01:31:05 PM »

These are the T2 that I saw! It's like section where the Venture wings would be are taller top to bottom. If you go back several months in Thrasher and on Instagram you'll see this hanger a lot more than you realized.

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #6084 on: April 16, 2024, 12:54:49 PM »
So after regular sessions on the 93s I've moved on and I'm back on 103a (V3 STFs...until radial slims make a comeback).

Not because the wheels are bad - they're great, JUST like dragons are - but after the x99s, *I* just don't need that much rebound for where I skate (YMMV of course); I've got them in my skate bag with bearings ready to go for that random spot that sucks.

Really hope they lessen the rebound for the 97s (bones didn't); would gladly take half the rebound removed from the 93s to have the 97z feel a bit more normal.

CarcassToss

« Reply #6085 on: April 16, 2024, 02:19:21 PM »
I tried the X99 and the dull gummy sound of dropping my board with 93's is a bit jarring to hear, but the 93's seem to slide better on skatepark coping than my x99. I had a session where I was grinding some metal coping in a bowl and the X99 caught a particularly dry section and pitched me. Our parks are built by the same company I believe and they all use this square-ish coping that seems to be particularly sticky if not waxed after it's broken in. I was definitely getting some stick even on back noses with the X99, but so far haven't had any big sticks with the 93s.

With that said I just don't ride rough enough terrain on the daily to really needed 93s. I used to ride bigger conical fulls at crustier spots and while smaller 93s feel equivalently fast, I got really used to how the bigger wheels popped and locked in and it hasn't been a super smooth transition.

Ok

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1112
« Reply #6086 on: April 16, 2024, 03:33:52 PM »
I tried the X99 and the dull gummy sound of dropping my board with 93's is a bit jarring to hear, but the 93's seem to slide better on skatepark coping than my x99. I had a session where I was grinding some metal coping in a bowl and the X99 caught a particularly dry section and pitched me. Our parks are built by the same company I believe and they all use this square-ish coping that seems to be particularly sticky if not waxed after it's broken in. I was definitely getting some stick even on back noses with the X99, but so far haven't had any big sticks with the 93s.

With that said I just don't ride rough enough terrain on the daily to really needed 93s. I used to ride bigger conical fulls at crustier spots and while smaller 93s feel equivalently fast, I got really used to how the bigger wheels popped and locked in and it hasn't been a super smooth transition.

i hear you on the pop and lock of conical fulls, but what about the flip? i think i only had one conical full setup that flipped decently. those things bummed me out. so of course i bought multiple sets, and then some radial fulls, just to be sure. nope. couldn’t scoop a tre to save a life

rikki

• Rep: 284
« Reply #6087 on: April 17, 2024, 12:14:38 AM »
So after regular sessions on the 93s I've moved on and I'm back on 103a (V3 STFs...until radial slims make a comeback).

Not because the wheels are bad - they're great, JUST like dragons are - but after the x99s, *I* just don't need that much rebound for where I skate (YMMV of course); I've got them in my skate bag with bearings ready to go for that random spot that sucks.

Really hope they lessen the rebound for the 97s (bones didn't); would gladly take half the rebound removed from the 93s to have the 97z feel a bit more normal.

As a fellow X99 enthusiast (best wheel ever?), I'd like to know how you compare the speed of the 93s to the X99s?

Schinken

• Rep: 67
« Reply #6088 on: April 17, 2024, 02:27:22 AM »
Got myself a set of those spitfire 93a in the conical shape.

First impressions:

When comparing spitfires 93 and dragons, the only thing they have in common, is the number printed on the wheels.

The spitfires feel way harder and rattely, almost like a normal wheel. I cannot believe that these wheels are supposed to be 93a.

Good slide and overall feel.

I'd say crusty spots -> dragons/x formula, old parks/medium crust->spitfire 93a

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 35
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
« Reply #6089 on: April 17, 2024, 02:38:22 AM »
Got myself a set of those spitfire 93a in the conical shape.

First impressions:

When comparing spitfires 93 and dragons, the only thing they have in common, is the number printed on the wheels.

The spitfires feel way harder and rattely, almost like a normal wheel. I cannot believe that these wheels are supposed to be 93a.

Good slide and overall feel.

I'd say crusty spots -> dragons/x formula, old parks/medium crust->spitfire 93a
I thought they only had classics and radials.
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.