Author Topic: Spitfire formula four  (Read 689394 times)

MostlyLurkin'

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -49
Re: Spitfire formula four
« Reply #240 on: July 21, 2013, 05:47:10 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Supposedly Jim Thiebaud is sending me some since I flat spotted some classics.  Anyone have experience with him giving you shit? Like does it actually get to you?
[close]

Yes. DLX dont fuck around. They take care of their customers like no one else in the business.
[close]

Alright cool. I sent him an email and I guess I'll be receiving some formula fours. Pretty hyped. These classics are good enough, flat spots don't bother me too much. If formula fours are more durable and slide a little better ill be sold.

From what I've heard the Formula Four's is the beez neez

edddiebyrne

« Reply #241 on: July 21, 2013, 05:51:26 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Supposedly Jim Thiebaud is sending me some since I flat spotted some classics.  Anyone have experience with him giving you shit? Like does it actually get to you?
[close]

Yes. DLX dont fuck around. They take care of their customers like no one else in the business.
[close]

Alright cool. I sent him an email and I guess I'll be receiving some formula fours. Pretty hyped. These classics are good enough, flat spots don't bother me too much. If formula fours are more durable and slide a little better ill be sold.
[close]

From what I've heard the Formula Four's is the beez neez

Noice noice. Big ups to them for shipping to Ohio.

Tracer

• Rep: -65309
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #242 on: July 22, 2013, 08:45:51 PM »
Expand Quote
If they couldn't get formulas 1, 2, or 3 right, chances are these wheels will blow 2
[close]

You dont know what the fuck you are talking about you idiot. When several SF skateboarders have been riding these wheels for almost a year it speaks for itself.
Theyve been riding spitfire for 10 years, you are dumb!

benjamindanklin

• Rep: -9
« Reply #243 on: July 22, 2013, 09:06:04 PM »
they are great so far, but obviously pretty much any wheel will be after 2 weeks. 

talk to me in 4 months

Let us know. I'm curious about these.

MostlyLurkin'

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -49
« Reply #244 on: July 23, 2013, 04:41:33 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
If they couldn't get formulas 1, 2, or 3 right, chances are these wheels will blow 2
[close]

You dont know what the fuck you are talking about you idiot. When several SF skateboarders have been riding these wheels for almost a year it speaks for itself.
[close]
Theyve been riding spitfire for 10 years, you are dumb!

They've been rinding the Formula Four's FOR ONE YEAR STRAIGHT, you fucking kook.

Turtle Boy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 169
« Reply #245 on: July 23, 2013, 08:06:09 AM »
I have a hard time believing that a wheel manufacturer would have any interest on selling wheels that last one year without increasing the price of their wheels...
Reducing radically the frequence of purchase from your customers without increasing your margin on the wheels doesn't seem to be a good marketing strategy.

benjamindanklin

« Reply #246 on: July 23, 2013, 08:51:46 AM »
I have a hard time believing that a wheel manufacturer would have any interest on selling wheels that last one year without increasing the price of their wheels...
Reducing radically the frequence of purchase from your customers without increasing your margin on the wheels doesn't seem to be a good marketing strategy.

They gotta compete with Bones, though. I'm sure a lot of people are starting to buy the STFs over Spits because they last so much longer. Me included. I don't have money to blow on wheels every single month.

No comply

• Rep: 0
« Reply #247 on: July 23, 2013, 09:38:53 AM »

It's called market share.

ZEBRA

« Reply #248 on: July 23, 2013, 10:32:10 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

They gotta compete with Bones, though. I'm sure a lot of people are starting to buy the STFs over Spits because they last so much longer. Me included. I don't have money to blow on wheels every single month.

I keep reading that people are buying wheels once a month and shit. You can't just get bigger wheels?? I don't understand.

benjamindanklin

« Reply #249 on: July 23, 2013, 10:45:49 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

I keep reading that people are buying wheels once a month and shit. You can't just get bigger wheels?? I don't understand.

I could buy giant Spitfires, but I'd rather just get stfs in the size I actually want and have them last 8 times longer. Sorry.

edddiebyrne

« Reply #250 on: July 24, 2013, 04:39:03 PM »
My set will be here in a week or so. Jim said they come in 99 and 101 and he's sending me the 99s. I would rather get the 101s but they're free so I'm not going to complain. Very excited.

Carlo Lemmings

• Rep: -130
« Reply #251 on: July 24, 2013, 04:46:58 PM »
What's the definitive colour of these wheels? Every pic on here is a different shade  Are they beige?  Paying for yellowing wheels seems insane to me. 

Xen

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 938
  • U neg cuz UR insecure-glad I got under your skin
« Reply #252 on: July 24, 2013, 07:55:55 PM »
I flatted my F1s a few weeks ago, they were kind enough to send me F1s as a replacement :P

foureyedjim

« Reply #253 on: July 24, 2013, 11:46:56 PM »
What's the definitive colour of these wheels? Every pic on here is a different shade  Are they beige?  Paying for yellowing wheels seems insane to me. 

caring that much over wheel color is insane to me

it's not like they're gonna turn neon green on you

Carlo Lemmings

« Reply #254 on: July 25, 2013, 08:42:35 AM »
Expand Quote
What's the definitive colour of these wheels? Every pic on here is a different shade  Are they beige?  Paying for yellowing wheels seems insane to me.  
[close]

You think Beavis and Butthead is funny.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2013, 08:44:22 AM by Carlo Lemmings »

foureyedjim

« Reply #255 on: July 25, 2013, 09:09:18 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
What's the definitive colour of these wheels? Every pic on here is a different shade  Are they beige?  Paying for yellowing wheels seems insane to me.  
[close]

[close]

fuck yeah I do.  Best low brow humor of the 90's.

You might as well just not ride your board and keep them white forever if you're gonna complain about minor differences in color you baby.

Carlo Lemmings

« Reply #256 on: July 25, 2013, 10:19:28 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

fuck yeah I do.  Best low brow humor of the 90's.

You might as well just not ride your board and keep them white forever if you're gonna complain about minor differences in color you baby.

No.

Noble Experiment

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 283
« Reply #257 on: July 26, 2013, 06:41:34 AM »
I've been skating a set for a month or so now.
I think I saw someone mention that they're like Spitfires version of STFs. Whoever said that was wrong as hell. These feel nothing like STFs. STF's are real slick and slidey, as opposed to the F4's which lean more on the grippier side when compared to STFs. Don't get me wrong, they have some slide to them, but if you're buying a set thinking you're gonna get the same slideiness as a STF wheel, then you'll be disappointed. I'd say they feel somewhat close to a SF classic in terms of how they slide and grip, just a lot more durable than an SF classic. No flatspots or little chips out of the wheel yet, so I'd say they're holding up very well so far. I don't have a car so I skate everywhere, and there's some pretty rough asphalt here, so I usually wear down wheels pretty fast, and I've noticed that these have shrunken down a teeny bit, but barely at all, so I'd say they're wearing out a very good rate. Overall I'd say they're pretty damn good wheels.

felix.

• Rep: -34
« Reply #258 on: July 26, 2013, 07:10:20 AM »
i live in the uk, in a shitty town called swansea with even shitter ground. my wheels just get eaten up by the floor. i can't afford to be getting new wheels every month and shit but bones feel like plastic. i wanna get a set of these and see if they live up to all this hype, anyone know when they're coming out over here?

Firebert

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 225
    • Instagram avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #259 on: July 26, 2013, 01:34:44 PM »
I never thought it would take this long for these wheels to come out

bbk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 278
  • Dopeness
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #260 on: July 26, 2013, 02:18:18 PM »
I think I saw someone mention that they're like Spitfires version of STFs. Whoever said that was wrong as hell. These feel nothing like STFs. STF's are real slick and slidey, as opposed to the F4's which lean more on the grippier side when compared to STFs. Don't get me wrong, they have some slide to them, but if you're buying a set thinking you're gonna get the same slideiness as a STF wheel, then you'll be disappointed. I'd say they feel somewhat close to a SF classic in terms of how they slide and grip, just a lot more durable than an SF classic. No flatspots or little chips out of the wheel yet, so I'd say they're holding up very well so far. I don't have a car so I skate everywhere, and there's some pretty rough asphalt here, so I usually wear down wheels pretty fast, and I've noticed that these have shrunken down a teeny bit, but barely at all, so I'd say they're wearing out a very good rate. Overall I'd say they're pretty damn good wheels.
did you ride the 99's? Mine were an earlier prototype that just said "team edition formula 4" and they were far from grippy, so I'm guessing you have the 99's and mine were 101

ThugWaffle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -140
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #261 on: July 26, 2013, 02:20:38 PM »
I never thought it would take this long for these wheels to come out

They'll probably be out in a few weeks. Theyre worth the wait.

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #262 on: July 26, 2013, 02:45:03 PM »
I couldn't wait any longer and bought the one set listed eBay for $40. They're the classic shape with the blue graphic.

I was watching that auction, didn't bite tho (want 101a)
« Last Edit: July 30, 2013, 11:28:52 AM by Xen »

sweat stains

• Rep: 33
  • slap sux
    • Shady Griptape avatar image
« Reply #263 on: July 26, 2013, 10:42:16 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
did you ride the 99's? Mine were an earlier prototype that just said "team edition formula 4" and they were far from grippy, so I'm guessing you have the 99's and mine were 101
I have the 101 formula 4s, and they feel even more grippy than the set of parkburners I had before this which were 99
damn those yarys bout those squats

Tracer

• Rep: -65309
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #264 on: July 26, 2013, 10:44:06 PM »
Someone post a wear test review ASAP, you just can't trust spitfire yet

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #265 on: July 27, 2013, 10:09:31 AM »

If that's true then I'm really sold. Classics are some of the best feeling/riding wheels out there, I've not flatspotted a set in ages but they do wear down super fast. If the F4s are essentially durable classics, spits got a hit; there is a reason why most of the pros skate the classics.

Bliz

• Rep: -35
« Reply #266 on: July 28, 2013, 11:17:27 PM »
I've had nothing but terrible experiences with Spitfires in the past so all I've chosen for the last two years are bones.  Tried going back to some F1's for a month and that got old extremely quick, but I hate how slippery bones are on certain terrains, really hoping these don't disappoint

Julz

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -6
« Reply #267 on: July 29, 2013, 12:42:05 AM »
I've had nothing but terrible experiences with Spitfires in the past so all I've chosen for the last two years are bones.  Tried going back to some F1's for a month and that got old extremely quick, but I hate how slippery bones are on certain terrains, really hoping these don't disappoint

Sorry to be a dick but why did you kept supporting a product that you didn't like ? Any regular skate wheels feel the same as SF so why bother paying extra money for a different graphic ?

Bliz

• Rep: -35
« Reply #268 on: July 29, 2013, 06:00:59 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Sorry to be a dick but why did you kept supporting a product that you didn't like ? Any regular skate wheels feel the same as SF so why bother paying extra money for a different graphic ?

Thought to give them a chance after hearing multiple people come through the shop saying they liked them.  Bones are completely different from spits.

Julz

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -6
« Reply #269 on: July 29, 2013, 08:41:27 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Thought to give them a chance after hearing multiple people come through the shop saying they liked them.  Bones are completely different from spits.

I didn't try the F4s yet but so far IMO in the 101 grade you either like STF's or regular wheels... they all feel the same except for STF