Author Topic: Spitfire formula four  (Read 689261 times)

Xen

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 937
  • U neg cuz UR insecure-glad I got under your skin
Re: Spitfire formula four
« Reply #270 on: August 03, 2013, 09:17:05 PM »
Man, tick tock DLX, get these wheels to market already - if they're not out next week, I'm bucking up for some autobahns.

Brad Breath

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Rep: 42
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #271 on: August 04, 2013, 08:53:28 AM »
Darin says two weeks and they'll be in shops.  Plus I've seen pic recently of the wheels in their retail packaging.

So...

Two weeks

scorpion1001

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 40
  • All Hail Carroll
« Reply #272 on: August 04, 2013, 12:00:48 PM »
Darin says two weeks and they'll be in shops.  Plus I've seen pic recently of the wheels in their retail packaging.

So...

Two weeks
nice, right at the end of summer when most young skaters are spending the majority of their time skating and not going back to school

Morty Seinfeld

« Reply #273 on: August 04, 2013, 12:15:00 PM »
I hope these things are worth the wait.

White Owl

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 10
« Reply #274 on: August 04, 2013, 12:37:28 PM »
I hope these things are worth the wait.

i love mine. been skating them for a couple months and they haven't flatspotted after lots of power slides which would normally flatspot my f1's.

also they havent discolored either, they are still at that light beige color, which i really am starting to like more than white

vegan*shawn

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -416
  • listen to Jawbreaker
« Reply #275 on: August 04, 2013, 12:49:00 PM »
Any word on color wheels? I am bored of white wheels but really want to try out these new Spitfires!

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #276 on: August 04, 2013, 02:07:29 PM »

So...

Two weeks

It's been 'a week or two' since what, May? heh.

Maybe the timing will be right and I'll be able to snag a new pair of Theeves and a set of F4s.

McDonald's Hot Fudge Sundae

• Rep: 3
« Reply #277 on: August 04, 2013, 02:37:21 PM »
Are these wheels coming out at the end of August? Envying all the people have the hookups and say how great they are but I have never seen them for sale.

These and the "prototype" green bushings from Spitfire (or whatever name Deluxe will brand them under) are highly anticipated and have me chomping at the bit. It feels kinda feels stupid to be so excited about a set of wheels, but since skateboarding rarely has any technological updates, it is good to know that some new ideas can make a difference. I hate flat spots and I appreciate that DLX is trying to do better even though they already have such a strong team and sales. And skateboarders seem so jaded (or seriously tired of gimmicks) the fact that these Formula Fours are so well received is promising.

Not related to wheels, but as as a tech upgrade, the P2 decks seemed polarizing. Many love them, many more say (7-ply, keep it simple). The Real low pro seems less "controversial". But these wheels seem to treat everyone who has had a chance to skate them right. Not a gimmick, just an improvement. And that doesn't seem to happen that often in skateboarding.

Btw: anyone know the price point of the Formula Fours?

I hope it isn't some crazy $35-40 like those plan B pro-spec wheels. Anybody know what the deal with pro spec wheels? They has great commercials with the high speed camera. PJ Ladd grinding the bench is my favorite commercial clip of all time. That being said I never bought pro spec as they never mentioned any type of improvements outside of golf ball dimpling to keep them lighter than without. It seems as if the marketing people Syndrome chose the "more expensive = better" approach to get the new to activity, kids with pops credit card, sales when piecing together "the ultimate setup" from a CCS catalog. What I imagine would be a $99 Almost Uber Light, $120 Theeve Full titaniums, $100 Ceramic Swiss Bearings, pro spec wheels. To be skated for a month then parked in the garage until the next "cool thing" comes along.

heckler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #278 on: August 04, 2013, 02:38:21 PM »
Grabbed another set last weekend and they're great, I've been trying my hardest to flatspot them and it's next to impossible.
Ha SLAP's resident libtard and NY pro cocksucker.

Kinch

• Rep: 10
« Reply #279 on: August 04, 2013, 03:37:26 PM »
Quote from: McDonald's Hot Fudge Sundae  link=topic=68020.msg1969095#msg1969095 date=1375652241
Btw: anyone know the price point of the Formula Fours?

Dude who runs my local was saying they'll be ordering and selling em at the same price as STFs. This is in the UK though so could be different elsewhere.

peewee

« Reply #282 on: August 05, 2013, 06:09:59 PM »
yeah they've been on ccs for a while now and i really envy you all who got the hook up  :-\

Timmy666

« Reply #283 on: August 05, 2013, 09:20:01 PM »

Nope, all back ordered or sold out, try again :)
I can see that, I guess I should of worded it differently. There's more shipping tomorrow so might as well consider them available. I saw some sizes left and only posted this to show the price and that they were available online. :)

max power

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 675
« Reply #284 on: August 06, 2013, 06:04:58 AM »
are they selling them at the dlxsf store?

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1962
« Reply #285 on: August 06, 2013, 09:36:00 AM »
Saw somebody at the park yesterday with the same F4s as me. It felt like finding a rare Pokemon in the wild.

shred420

• Rep: -25
« Reply #286 on: August 06, 2013, 09:50:04 AM »
Saw somebody at the park yesterday with the same F4s as me. It felt like finding a rare Pokemon in the wild.

i see kids with f4s all the time out here

Firebert

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 225
    • Instagram avatar image
« Reply #287 on: August 06, 2013, 11:37:45 AM »
I can see that, I guess I should have* worded it differently. There's more shipping tomorrow so might as well consider them available. I saw some sizes left and only posted this to show the price and that they were available online. :)
That's because CCS are a piece of shit company that will sell things that they don't have. They've had them listed for months now, and they change the ship date everyday for infinite tomorrows. This way, people go and say oh! they ship tomorrow! but in fact, CCS has no idea when they are actually getting them.
DLX told me they were going to be in shops in the "middle" of August, but I think they'd rather just not let people down with something that has been so hyped.

Turtle Boy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 169
« Reply #288 on: August 06, 2013, 12:54:14 PM »
Spanish ripper killing it for Spitfire

Formula-Four Spitfire Commercial by E?aut Oyarbide

Tracer

• Rep: -65309
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #289 on: August 06, 2013, 01:03:32 PM »
Expand Quote
I can see that, I guess I should have* worded it differently. There's more shipping tomorrow so might as well consider them available. I saw some sizes left and only posted this to show the price and that they were available online. :)
[close]
That's because CCS are a piece of shit company that will sell things that they don't have. They've had them listed for months now, and they change the ship date everyday for infinite tomorrows. This way, people go and say oh! they ship tomorrow! but in fact, CCS has no idea when they are actually getting them.
DLX told me they were going to be in shops in the "middle" of August, but I think they'd rather just not let people down with something that has been so hyped.
Its not CCS it's the fact that Spitfire is a dumbass company that can't make enough good wheels to ship out. They are more expensive than STF ffs

Hash Slinging Slasher

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 93
« Reply #290 on: August 06, 2013, 01:55:56 PM »

More important than F4s, what was that witchcraft at 1:53?

Noble Experiment

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 283
« Reply #291 on: August 07, 2013, 12:29:30 AM »
I have a feeling that they are seriously overdoing it with the hype and building them up. Like I said earlier in my little review about them, I think they're good wheels, but I have a feeling that some people are going to be expecting some sort of miracle magic wheel and then be thoroughly disappointed when they find out that they're just normal wheels that just happen to be pretty good and a bit more durable than your average wheel.

Firebert

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 225
    • Instagram avatar image
« Reply #292 on: August 07, 2013, 09:36:09 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
I have a feeling that they are seriously overdoing it with the hype and building them up. Like I said earlier in my little review about them, I think they're good wheels, but I have a feeling that some people are going to be expecting some sort of miracle magic wheel and then be thoroughly disappointed when they find out that they're just normal wheels that just happen to be pretty good and a bit more durable than your average wheel.
I have yet to try the 101 f4, but 99s feel pretty magical to me

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #293 on: August 07, 2013, 12:00:22 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
More important than F4s, what was that witchcraft at 1:53?

For real...I thought the same thing.

The wheels sound hard to me. I doubt they are lightening in a bottle and there a tons of good wheel companies out there.

heritage

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 98
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #294 on: August 07, 2013, 12:19:42 PM »
Anyone ever ride Satori Mandala wheels? I ride Parkburners, but am interested in the Mandala as they are also 98a.

there a tons of good wheel companies out there.

For real.

« Last Edit: August 07, 2013, 12:22:59 PM by heritage »

Life Fast Johnny

« Reply #295 on: August 07, 2013, 01:09:24 PM »
Anyone ever ride Satori Mandala wheels? I ride Parkburners, but am interested in the Mandala as they are also 98a.

Local dude swears by them.  They seem to last him a long time too.

Brad Breath

« Reply #296 on: August 07, 2013, 08:49:09 PM »
The guys at DLX shop say Formula 4's will be in shops next week.

ZEBRA

« Reply #297 on: August 08, 2013, 04:05:33 PM »

I'm in love with that skatepark.

Paco Supreme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 525
  • One Trick Pony
« Reply #298 on: August 12, 2013, 01:59:26 AM »
Looks like these things are finally fucking out! http://socalskateshop.com/index.php?l=product_detail&p=38412

Brad Breath

« Reply #299 on: August 12, 2013, 07:02:02 AM »
of course...

I order a deck from Socal on Saturday and these bitches go online on Monday.

FML