Author Topic: skateable jordans  (Read 3708 times)

The Donger

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -63
skateable jordans
« on: February 16, 2013, 05:57:21 PM »
Which jordans skate the best? Had a pair of jordan 1`s I used to hoop in. Got the new kobe`s so i tried skating the jordans. They were broken in pretty good, still felt a little bulky but got used to them really quick. They were the original red n white with black. They took a beating, lasted much longer than the past few  shoes I've had. They didn't hurt my feet like vans or  lakai do. Going to buy another pair but want to know which ones skate the best. Saw some low top vulcs that looked totally skateable buy want to  stick to  some high top,  suede preferably. Anyone have any suggestions?

professional

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 127
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: skateable jordans
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2013, 06:10:09 PM »

Strike A Pose

• Rep: -613
  • Get slapped!
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2013, 09:52:29 PM »
Desarmo is lightweight when it comes to skating J's.

Brad Johnson skates a pair of fucking cool grey 11s at the pier in an old Western Edition video.

He also does a line in some red and white 5's.

Can't fuck with that!

fulfillthedream

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 316
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2013, 09:54:47 PM »
the 1's and 4's seem the most skateable to me
Skateboarding is like jacking-off, it's that good- Jeremy Klein

[

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1042
  • Slap's Resident Sneakerhead
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2013, 10:07:49 PM »
Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.
Tate is one of the best posters that's not me

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1580
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2013, 11:04:16 PM »
1s.....one of the most influential skate shoes of all time......they skate like a dunk with a thinner sole....

ZEBRA

« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2013, 12:20:31 AM »
I bought the "Fire Red" Jordan 5's that came out a month ago or whatever. Definitely gonna try those out once they're worn out and everything. Won't be for a long ass time though, cause I'm barely ever gonna wear them and I'm gonna keep'em clean for as long as possible.

EnjoiSanJose

« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2013, 02:30:09 AM »

close enough

Baby Gerber

• Rep: -54
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2013, 03:11:21 PM »
Jordan 1's & 4's. Anything older your just getting to tech, with weirder materials.
;)

JD

• Rep: 37
« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2013, 03:34:37 PM »
found these in a garage sale once
Bro imagine austyns face, but on biebels body!

Will Easley

« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2013, 07:48:05 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

close enough

^^^you would be better off skating these than some jordans. probably my favorite shoe to skate ever

DeputyDoses

• Rep: 4
  • I look like Mel Gibson
« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2013, 10:00:28 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

Expand Quote

close enough
[close]

^^^you would be better off skating these than some jordans. probably my favorite shoe to skate ever

What would you compare these shoes to skate wise? I've been considering them for a little while. I'd just hate to skate in a shoe that's overly thick or not grippy enough. (post break in, of course) - I wouldn't expect the Skytop III's to be ready to skate out of the box or anything.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2013, 01:35:52 AM by DeputyDoses »

Will Easley

« Reply #12 on: February 17, 2013, 10:28:07 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

Expand Quote

close enough
[close]

[close]

What would you compare these shoes to skate wise? I've been considering them for a little while. I'd just hate to skate in a shoe that's overly thick or not grippy enough. (post break in, of course) - I wouldn't except the Skytop III's to be ready to skate out of the box or anything.

I felt like they were but then again I wore them for a lil bit before skating em. Their flexible cupsole midtops with solid impact support by way of the insoles & bubble-pad in the sole. The sidewall is literally indestructible & for a midtop shoe it has a nice pointed toe for flicking. Think of a lightweight dunk mid with a more flexible cupsole & pointier toe, if you had to compare them to something.

RoedGroed

• Rep: 60
« Reply #13 on: February 18, 2013, 02:03:16 AM »
I always thought the 3s were the best for skating?

They are just fucking impossible to get your hands on. And I think its sketchy to start buying replicas/fakes, since all the sites selling them seems fucked.

biggietoms

• Rep: 8
  • take acid
« Reply #14 on: February 18, 2013, 07:49:14 AM »
1-5, 10, 11, 12

ive been wanting to grab some 12's to skate to get that koston3/ dc williams feel.

was skating patent leather ones for awhile, but they get suuper thin after awhile....almost vulc like. im sure some peeps would love that

Ollie Ringwald

• Rep: -3
« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2013, 04:53:52 PM »
These might work

DeputyDoses

• I look like Mel Gibson
« Reply #16 on: February 22, 2013, 01:38:23 AM »
^^^^^^
idk about that grip though...

DeputyDoses

• I look like Mel Gibson
« Reply #17 on: February 22, 2013, 01:40:56 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

Expand Quote

close enough
[close]

[close]

What would you compare these shoes to skate wise? I've been considering them for a little while. I'd just hate to skate in a shoe that's overly thick or not grippy enough. (post break in, of course) - I wouldn't except the Skytop III's to be ready to skate out of the box or anything.
[close]

I felt like they were but then again I wore them for a lil bit before skating em. Their flexible cupsole midtops with solid impact support by way of the insoles & bubble-pad in the sole. The sidewall is literally indestructible & for a midtop shoe it has a nice pointed toe for flicking. Think of a lightweight dunk mid with a more flexible cupsole & pointier toe, if you had to compare them to something.

I was quite a fan of dunks for a while. Shit. I might have to try these out sooner or later. I've seen some of the specs, and I was definitely impressed at the technology and design of these over the previous two models. How's the sizing on these? -A 10.5 in the (updated) sb dunk lows fits a little snug for me... And I'm a 10.5 in most shoes. Size 10 in all CONS shoes.

Strike A Pose

• Get slapped!
« Reply #18 on: February 22, 2013, 07:32:11 AM »
I skated these for a little bit along with my Carmelo jersey!

+Skytop 3s look cool but Supra has terrible outsoles that don't last at all. I don't know if I would want to take that chance.

Will Easley

« Reply #19 on: February 22, 2013, 10:12:33 AM »

+Skytop 3s look cool but Supra has terrible outsoles that don't last at all. I don't know if I would want to take that chance.

Yeah Supra's grip isn't the most durable but my skytops sole lasted for as long as I skated em but I've always been the type to "hop" into my foot position instead of wiggling my feet into place ala PJ Ladd

Strike A Pose

• Get slapped!
« Reply #20 on: February 22, 2013, 10:33:08 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Yeah Supra's grip isn't the most durable but my skytops sole lasted for as long as I skated em but I've always been the type to "hop" into my foot position instead of wiggling my feet into place ala PJ Ladd

I've got a solid case of ashtray foot, so that probably doesn't help.

I guess if you were to only wear them when you were actually skating they would hold up nicely, as long as you aren't going on any long distance skate adventures, but I'm figuring that the average person doesn't have multiple pairs of shoes at a time so it might not be a solid investment.

I'm still intent on trying them but I would rather get something cheaper that lasts longer because they are going to get fucked up in the end regardless.

Fuckit, might just have to pull my 6s out this summer and show out!

Will Easley

« Reply #21 on: February 22, 2013, 04:31:28 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

I guess if you were to only wear them when you were actually skating they would hold up nicely, as long as you aren't going on any long distance skate adventures, but I'm figuring that the average person doesn't have multiple pairs of shoes at a time so it might not be a solid investment.

I'm still intent on trying them but I would rather get something cheaper that lasts longer because they are going to get fucked up in the end regardless.

ive always copped my skytops for da low on 6pm.com. right now they got 5-6 different colorways going from $60-$75 w/ free shipping, including some black/white ones for $65.

Here's what mine look like after at least 20+ hours of skating (rough estimate) & a shit ton of just general wear. they're like my default shoe for goin to the store or some shit lol. The only durability issue ive had with them has been ripped laces, which is fucking ridiculous with these for some reason. ive gon thru a fresh pair in one session before, but thats probably the norm for some people anyway. the sidewalls literally indestructible, i couldnt imagine anyone ripping thru it. they're definitely worth it if you can get them on sale.

Strike A Pose

• Get slapped!
« Reply #22 on: February 22, 2013, 06:17:15 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

ive always copped my skytops for da low on 6pm.com. right now they got 5-6 different colorways going from $60-$75 w/ free shipping, including some black/white ones for $65.

Here's what mine look like after at least 20+ hours of skating (rough estimate) & a shit ton of just general wear. they're like my default shoe for goin to the store or some shit lol. The only durability issue ive had with them has been ripped laces, which is fucking ridiculous with these for some reason. ive gon thru a fresh pair in one session before, but thats probably the norm for some people anyway. the sidewalls literally indestructible, i couldnt imagine anyone ripping thru it. they're definitely worth it if you can get them on sale.

Hmm.

That doesn't look too bad all things considered. (Goldfish is definitely feeling it! ha)

Those do look beastly. I like how the sole has barely worn at the kickflip zone.

I might have to give them a shot sooner than expected.

Props on the breakdown!

(Supra soles still suck tho lol. My vaiders blew out fast as fuck +Friends with Stacks have torn through the bottom in less than a month. The Skytop3s are premium gear so they must use a denser/thicker rubber or something)

Baby Gerber

• Rep: -54
« Reply #23 on: February 22, 2013, 09:58:19 PM »
http://www.highsnobiety.com/2012/04/26/nike-sb-x-air-jordan-1-teaser/

I was blown away when i heard that these might be coming out as there a Jordan 1, a classic skateshoe from the past. And the royal blue colorway which is also so so so so good. Sadly it was just another Nike sample that someone happened to see and make some rumours about more or less. Which sucks cause i would skate the shit out of these. As so would many other people, The fact tho that the Jordan 1's in the royal blue colorway would be hard to even get onto to skateboarders feet due to the price probably being ridiculous and the fact that its pretty much would be a Jordan release as well they would get snatched up quick, next thing you know you'd be lining up for some shoes your going to skateboard in/ wreck within 2-3 weeks. NOPE, i think they realized where this would've headed. Which sucks cause man i would love to skate these, and no do not tell me to get some dunks you goofs.
;)

Big Skatefase

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 561
« Reply #24 on: February 23, 2013, 08:33:10 AM »
vulc jordan 1's  8)