Author Topic: Nike Sb Chronicles 2  (Read 8325 times)

JB

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 857
  • Rusty Berrings Roll Forever
Re: Nike Sb Chronicles 2
« Reply #30 on: February 25, 2013, 09:14:22 AM »
The 3rd chronicles will be a mixture of legends and innovation: Gino will open with a 4 minute part, Supa will follow, with another banger-welcome again video, then B.A. doing his thing, Olson with some solid lines and jumping cars, a la Gonz, Cory Kennedy skating with some "against the wind" from Bob Seger, a no brainer, obviously, Lance mountain destroying pools, Omar doing insane shit, Koston next, Malto with the 7 minute pre-ender and P rod, redefining skateboarding as we know it.

1 hour, give or take. The next Fully Flared, mark my words...

Spot on. Only minus Supa. They cut him because his named sounded too much like Supra.

But seriously, I'd love seeing another chop-like Koston part, but would nike back it? Maybe him and Kobe could share a part. Basketball players skate now, right?

dumptruck12

• Rep: -105
« Reply #31 on: February 25, 2013, 09:39:09 AM »
Im sure that there is gonna be more than 3 videos, because they keep adding people to their roster.

Andrefosho

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 148
« Reply #32 on: February 25, 2013, 10:27:45 AM »
Shane is going to blow our minds.

jacktharipper

• Rep: -26
  • Graphics Out
« Reply #33 on: February 25, 2013, 10:31:25 AM »
Aren't Koton and P-Rod on the team to put their name to a shoe and be a 'face', not necessarily to actually skate. That's how fucked up it's become.
Like him or not, I don't really see how anyone could say that P-Rod is on to be just a face, he's incredibly good and skates all the time.
MN -> IL

JB

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #34 on: February 25, 2013, 10:34:15 AM »
Shane is going to blow our minds.

HE--SKATES--LIKE--A--RO--BOT (said in a robot voice)

shit_for_brains

« Reply #35 on: February 25, 2013, 10:38:53 AM »
Expand Quote
Aren't Koton and P-Rod on the team to put their name to a shoe and be a 'face', not necessarily to actually skate. That's how fucked up it's become.
[close]
Like him or not, I don't really see how anyone could say that P-Rod is on to be just a face, he's incredibly good and skates all the time.

Yeah man. P-Rod is waaaay more than a face. Dare I say he gets more coverage than anyone else on the team? (I may be wrong, since Nike has early '90s H street team proportions). Dude is constantly all over the place in one way or another. He just recreated one of his own parts for shits and giggles.

I hope Koston has a full part. It would make sense. I would bet Nike has high expectations from him.

fookya

• Rep: -12
« Reply #36 on: February 25, 2013, 10:43:53 AM »
If this is what the video actually ends up being, I'm stoked. However, being a huge koston fan I'm dying to see something new from him.

yungnol

• Rep: 2
« Reply #37 on: February 25, 2013, 11:02:38 AM »
I wonder if Brad Staba is going to have some footage in the upcoming chronicles. Would be pretty cool to see

shit_for_brains

« Reply #38 on: February 25, 2013, 11:18:22 AM »
I wonder if Brad Staba is going to have some footage in the upcoming chronicles. Would be pretty cool to see

Dude hasn't had a part in what, a decade? He's a company owner with a board now.

A.J.K.

« Reply #39 on: February 25, 2013, 11:20:39 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Dude hasn't had a part in what, a decade? He's a company owner with a board now.
That, and considering he's not on the team it's unlikely.

escapistfool

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 6
« Reply #40 on: February 25, 2013, 12:19:33 PM »
Koston, B.A., Alex Olsen, Gino, Cory Kennedy, Lance mountain, P rod, Omar, and Malto

If Chronicles 3 means this line-up:
B.A
Olson
Gino
Kennedy
Mountain
Malto
Koston
P.Rod
Omar...

well god damn that would be a staple video for every fucking skateboarder out there.
We can only hope it turns out that way.... Whiteley, I know you work for Nike now, please put that in their heads....

Dr Steve Brule

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 68
« Reply #41 on: February 25, 2013, 03:21:54 PM »
Any Omar footage and I'm content
For Your Health

ontheswarm

« Reply #42 on: February 25, 2013, 03:29:09 PM »
Not sure if this has been addressed anywhere else. John Motta is no longer on Nike?

Mr. Kamikazi

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -113
  • 1,2,3,4, tell the people what she wore...
« Reply #43 on: February 25, 2013, 03:50:36 PM »
Just Hewitt

Will Easley

« Reply #44 on: February 25, 2013, 05:07:53 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

Yeah man. P-Rod is waaaay more than a face. Dare I say he gets more coverage than anyone else on the team? (I may be wrong, since Nike has early '90s H street team proportions). Dude is constantly all over the place in one way or another. He just recreated one of his own parts for shits and giggles.

I hope Koston has a full part. It would make sense. I would bet Nike has high expectations from him.

To say that p-rod is "just a face" is regular. Dude is THE flagship rider for the team, with Koston as their flagship veteran so to speak. I think Kostons gonna take this Nike part pretty seriously as the swan song for his career. Chronicles 3 would drop, what, 1.5-2 years from now? He's just stacking footage. He's had legendary parts in danm near every crailtap video & pretty sweet was more of a "passing of the torch" so to speak so I can see why his footage in that was limited. He's almost 40 so he's not gonna be as prolific as he was during his yeah right days but dudes probably just saving a ton of tech bangers & innovative shit for his Nike part. It'll either be last part or second to last to P.Rod's, who's still filming for the elusive plan b video

SKATE DAD

• Rep: 5
« Reply #45 on: February 25, 2013, 05:14:28 PM »
Yes. Shane O'neils part in the last Transworld video was mind blowing. Even though his skating is kind of boring to watch(sometimes) He can get very creative on basic obstacles. Im really stoked for his part. Going to get this video for my kid's seventh birthday if he learns how to roll-in.

gsosa

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 295
« Reply #46 on: February 25, 2013, 05:31:45 PM »
Brock is gonna kill it

AfterEight

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -81
« Reply #47 on: February 25, 2013, 06:06:53 PM »
Koston needs a break guys.

zoltan

« Reply #48 on: February 25, 2013, 06:16:48 PM »
Not sure if this has been addressed anywhere else. John Motta is no longer on Nike?

saw that coming. i feel like daryl and clark hassler are next

tortfeasor

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 341
« Reply #49 on: February 25, 2013, 06:21:21 PM »
Has everyone forgotten the destruction that Justin Brock brings?

I have not forgotten his amazing fucking part in since day one, nor his absurd performance in kotr
man is a straight killer
more heaven-cruise than hell-ride.

ben shraider

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -264
« Reply #50 on: February 25, 2013, 06:22:35 PM »
Koston needs a break guys.

I feel like he's been on a break since 2007

Paletta

• Rep: -17
« Reply #51 on: February 25, 2013, 07:23:59 PM »
Most of you guys are kidding yourself about Koston, Gino and BA.
They are all in their mid to late 30s.
They have all done enough in there 20 or so years as a pro  to chill.
Two of them are SOTY for fucks sake.
Didnt we go through this before Pretty Sweet came out and then every one bitched and moaned.
I love all those guys and grew up with their skating but the truth is they are well past the peeks of their career just like Im past the peek of my crappy ability on a board.

And to the guy that said they are gonna kick gino off soon because he only appeals to older people and they don't buy much, that is crap.
Older guys have far more disposable income and a brand having people like koston, gino, ba, lance mountain, peter hewitt and so forth on their team definately persuades them too buy their products.

A.J.K.

« Reply #52 on: February 25, 2013, 07:26:46 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

John Motta has never been fully on Nike. 

shit_for_brains

« Reply #53 on: February 25, 2013, 08:05:27 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
John Motta has never been fully on Nike. 

Motta was getting the Nike/Skate Mental package deal.

mooraga

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -32
« Reply #54 on: February 25, 2013, 08:38:19 PM »
not hyped about the overrated theotis

choke mayne

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -15
  • pot
« Reply #55 on: February 25, 2013, 10:57:52 PM »
stoked to see luan. he is a good addition to the team

Jim

• Rep: -1
« Reply #56 on: February 25, 2013, 11:36:37 PM »
No wieger??

Paletta

• Rep: -17
« Reply #57 on: February 26, 2013, 12:31:33 AM »

Lenny the Fatface

« Reply #58 on: February 26, 2013, 06:07:25 AM »
So does this mean that the 3rd will have all the rest?? Koston, B.A., Alex Olsen, Gino, Cory Kennedy, Lance mountain, P rod, Omar, and Malto. Sounds like either the best skate video ever to be put out or a complete let down.

Prett much another fucking girl video with a guest part from Omar and Prod lol.

JB

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #59 on: February 26, 2013, 08:01:32 AM »
Most of you guys are kidding yourself about Koston, Gino and BA.
They are all in their mid to late 30s.
They have all done enough in there 20 or so years as a pro  to chill.
Two of them are SOTY for fucks sake.
Didnt we go through this before Pretty Sweet came out and then every one bitched and moaned.
I love all those guys and grew up with their skating but the truth is they are well past the peeks of their career just like Im past the peek of my crappy ability on a board.

And to the guy that said they are gonna kick gino off soon because he only appeals to older people and they don't buy much, that is crap.
Older guys have far more disposable income and a brand having people like koston, gino, ba, lance mountain, peter hewitt and so forth on their team definately persuades them too buy their products.

Spot on with the first part. All those dudes dont need to come out with another part, they've all done more than enough for skating throughout their careers. Still, we will all hope to see any footage we can.

They cut Supa and Reese once they started adding the heavy-hitting young dudes, and with the amount of amazing kids coming up these days, theyre going to have to make room for some more. I'm a fan of Gino, but is it really worth to to a company like Nike to hold onto him because some of the older guys really like him? He doesn't produce content even like the older guys do. Even Lance seems to get more coverage than Gino. Thats all I'm saying. I'm not saying theyre going to cut him, or that I'd like to see it happen, I'm just saying that I wouldn't be the least bit surprised.

And Clark Hassler should been cut a long time ago. No offense, but hes not even good enough to go pro for enjoi after like 8 years, why is nike still keeping him around? (my opinion. i dont really care for Clark's skating)