Author Topic: Best Place To Buy Lots of Blanks In Canada?  (Read 1312 times)

I Can't Think

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 31
Best Place To Buy Lots of Blanks In Canada?
« on: March 05, 2013, 08:37:50 PM »
I'm dead broke and can't even afford the 40$ shop boards because they last about two weeks and then I'm onto the next. If someone could recommend a good site that makes decent blanks you can buy in sets of 5 or 10's etc. and then have them shipped in Canada, you'd by my saviour.

nutsack nipples

• Rep: 8
Re: Best Place To Buy Lots of Blanks In Canada?
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2013, 08:44:14 PM »

SkateViolence

• Rep: 9
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2013, 06:27:24 AM »
Honestly, you don't need to buy blanks to get a good cheap deck. If you're that desperate you can always find pro decks for $25 or so online if you look hard enough. Alien Workshop is having a sale right now where decks are $25-28 and come with free grip. It's a little more than you'd pay for a blank but it's gonna last longer and skate better so it's worth it.

brokenheadphone

• Rep: -3
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2013, 06:59:53 AM »
Tell your shop you want to buy in bulk next time they order their decks from their supplier/woodshop. See what kind of discount they will offer you. You could go directly to a woodshop but you probably won't be able to meet their minimums as they most likely want orders in the 100s, not 5 or 10 decks.

Anything that ships from the U.S. is most likely going to get you killed on shipping. Decks are heavy.

pandarelated

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 90
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2013, 01:08:41 PM »

Anything that ships from the U.S. is most likely going to get you killed on shipping. Decks are heavy.

this. people so over look this part.. decks are heavy. a box of 20 boards is gonna weigh almost 50 lbs.
there is NO way to ship that cheap. and you start talking international. that boxes is like 150 - 200$ usd just for shipping.
buying in bulk is the best deal. but you have to have the money upfront.
maybe you could go in with a friend?

also, save older decks for them stair sessions. if you know your gonna go jump down stuff. dont use a new board (unless you can afford too)
if your setting up a new board. and the old one isn't broke. save it for when you want to jump down shit.

happyduder

• Rep: 1
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2013, 03:21:32 PM »
if you are and ebay shopper try Cyres skateboards. ? they come in lots of 5 decks for $99 including shipping. ? plus they come with grip tape and hardware. ? a friend has gone through 15 of the 8" decks so far and really likes them. ? nice shape and concave to them.
good decks for the price.

http://www.ebay.ca/sch/i.html?_trksid=p5197.m570.l1313&_nkw=cyres&_sacat=0&_from=R40
« Last Edit: March 06, 2013, 03:25:48 PM by happyduder »

I Can't Think

« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2013, 04:08:17 PM »
Tell your shop you want to buy in bulk next time they order their decks from their supplier/woodshop. See what kind of discount they will offer you. You could go directly to a woodshop but you probably won't be able to meet their minimums as they most likely want orders in the 100s, not 5 or 10 decks.

Talked to my guy, it's still gonna be a bitch in terms of cost, to get 10 decks plus a roll of grip it's gonna be 320+ bucks. I did the math and even with shipping it's still cheaper to just get wholesale online.

Anyone have any experience with these guys?

http://www.wholesaleskateboard.com/

I may just get 10 boards and a roll of Jessup, pay 200+ and be set for the year.

SKATE DAD

• Rep: 5
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2013, 07:12:06 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Talked to my guy, it's still gonna be a bitch in terms of cost, to get 10 decks plus a roll of grip it's gonna be 320+ bucks. I did the math and even with shipping it's still cheaper to just get wholesale online.

I may just get 10 boards and a roll of Jessup, pay 200+ and be set for the year.
Honestly, I think that blank decks are stupid. It is rare that blanks are good wood. If you havent already, try figuring out ways to make your boards last longer and/or you can find pro boards for pretty cheap online if you are willing to look for a bit.

I Can't Think

« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2013, 07:38:40 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
Honestly, I think that blank decks are stupid. It is rare that blanks are good wood. If you havent already, try figuring out ways to make your boards last longer and/or you can find pro boards for pretty cheap online if you are willing to look for a bit.

Honestly I've done about everything I can to preserve boards. I literally never focus boards, make it a priority to keep them dry and indoors when I'm not using them, glue the chips back in. I've tried P2, carbon fibre etc and I just end up cracking the wood separately. I just always break them learning new tricks on flat, which makes sense since you're not landing bolts, and I don't really plan to stop learning new stuff, so... fuck it, these boards seem alright.

nylin

« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2013, 08:00:14 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

this. people so over look this part.. decks are heavy. a box of 20 boards is gonna weigh almost 50 lbs.
there is NO way to ship that cheap. and you start talking international. that boxes is like 150 - 200$ usd just for shipping.
buying in bulk is the best deal. but you have to have the money upfront.
maybe you could go in with a friend?

also, save older decks for them stair sessions. if you know your gonna go jump down stuff. dont use a new board (unless you can afford too)
if your setting up a new board. and the old one isn't broke. save it for when you want to jump down shit.

This right here is key. I skate boards till they're broke or just skated to shit and I never jump down anything until my board is atleast a few weeks old. Save those shitty boards that aren't broken for when you plan on skating stairs or some shit.

b.v.

« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2013, 10:14:47 PM »
Pretty brave spending $200 on something unproven that you might not even like.
Seems like it might be a good idea to buy one and see how they are before deciding it might be the only board you skate for a while.

Ollie Ringwald

« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2013, 12:05:21 AM »

Honestly, I think that blank decks are stupid. It is rare that blanks are good wood.

What? All "Pro Boards" are blank at some point, its not hard to find PS Stix blanks if you look around and they're pretty much up there with the best decks available.

Also, I get boards shipped to the UK from the US all the time and if you buy more than one the cost isn't bad at all, they can still work out cheaper than buying them here.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2013, 09:23:35 PM by Ollie Ringwald »

Blue Fescue

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 303
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2013, 05:59:34 PM »
These guys will sell you 300 for somewhere between $7-9.90.

http://www.alibaba.com/product-gs/651025921/Canadian_Maple_old_school_blank_skateboard.html?s=p

or perhaps you are looking for those flip decks with carbon fiber is orders of 100

http://www.alibaba.com/product-gs/745929119/carbon_fiber_skateboard_deck.html
« Last Edit: March 07, 2013, 06:03:13 PM by rfox »

wallieD

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -191
« Reply #13 on: March 07, 2013, 06:19:15 PM »
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Pro-Blank-Skateboard-Deck-8-5-Griptape-Included-/261158961700?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3cce498224

i've been scoping this seller out for awhile...seems to be the only person on ebay selling blanks that cheap with really good feedback. no comments saying bad wood or anything just people commenting the decks are surprisingly great. i might try one sometime but i'm set for awhile on boards

maggotspawn

• Rep: 4
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #14 on: March 07, 2013, 07:14:52 PM »

All I ride is blanks. Plenty of good blank decks around nowadays.

brokenheadphone

« Reply #15 on: March 09, 2013, 06:59:47 AM »
That seller is also pushing generic Chinese knockoff trucks that look like Venture baseplates matched with Indy-style hangers. I tend to think a lot of positive feedback on random off brand blank decks that gets thrown around must be from skinny kids that are barely in high school. You don't see too many older/heavier/burlier dudes swearing by some random eBay blank deck.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Pro-Blank-Skateboard-Deck-8-5-Griptape-Included-/261158961700?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3cce498224

i've been scoping this seller out for awhile...seems to be the only person on ebay selling blanks that cheap with really good feedback. no comments saying bad wood or anything just people commenting the decks are surprisingly great. i might try one sometime but i'm set for awhile on boards