Author Topic: TV Worth Watching  (Read 9875 times)

Yu Dum

Re: TV Worth Watching
« Reply #60 on: September 19, 2013, 01:25:57 PM »
China, IL on Adult Swim is pretty funny.
I don't watch much television.

brycickle

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 158
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #61 on: September 24, 2013, 09:52:54 AM »
Something tells me this will be worth watching:

You and the D00D have turned this thread into a horrible head-on-collision between a short bus full of regular kids and a van full of paraplegics.

Smell Good

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 54
« Reply #62 on: September 30, 2013, 07:00:21 PM »
I've been watching Broadchurch.

Watched an episode of Peaky Blinders, it's not as polished as Boardwalk Empire (which is the standard that I use for period crime dramas) but it's likable enough I guess.

Also got the last 5 episodes of Breaking Bad that I've yet to watch, planning to binge through that sometime.

There's a lot of good serial television being produced these days.

Thrillho

• Rep: 133
« Reply #63 on: October 05, 2013, 10:53:11 AM »

My uncle had these tapes when I was growing up.
Used to watch these when I was like 8... had no idea what was going on.

The Woodsman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 39
« Reply #64 on: April 10, 2014, 06:24:00 AM »
Bump

I have been looking for new stuff to watch lately and this hasnt been updated in awhile, anyone found anything good lately?
Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.
-Gandhi

Smell Good

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #65 on: July 27, 2014, 07:30:34 PM »
Finished the first season of Deadwood recently and watched the first episode of the second season earlier today. I'm inclined to call everyone a cocksucker now - such a wonderful word

Al Swearengen is one of the funniest characters, this guy's a fucking goldmine of great dialogue.

I've also been collecting episodes of HBO's The Leftovers and The Strain (on FX). Can't follow shows week-by-week. I gotta have entire seasons before I can watch something.

But the show I'm most looking forward to is Steven Soderbergh's Cinemax show -

nice_guy_2

« Reply #66 on: July 27, 2014, 07:48:27 PM »
the news

McDuff

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 55
« Reply #67 on: July 27, 2014, 08:32:58 PM »
every simpsons episode is going to air on fxx starting labor day. cannot wait. i think they will be available online as well.
watched the first episode of the Leftovers, but i stopped. think im going to read the book before i watch the show.
been banging out freaks and geeks on netflix.

still have to watch breaking bad, and the wire. im saving those for winter time.

and for those of you who have watched dexter... is it really that good? i just picture every cliffhanger for every episode and/or season being 'omg he might get caught, but he doesnt' or 'this person finds out and they might rat him out, but they dont' am i wrong?

simpsons hype.

@thewilleasley

« Reply #68 on: July 28, 2014, 04:35:55 PM »
^Dexter is one of my favorite shows ever. the latter seasons are kind of lacking but seasons 1,2 & 4 are gonna be some of the best TV you'll ever see. 3 is solid but its more of a character buildup to an epic season 4. Season 5 was dope to me as well but i guess "the critics" didn't like it and all then from there on its decent, just not nearly as good as before. Too hard to top the earlier seasons really. Just watch the first episode & you'll be hooked though. If anything seasons 1 & 2 are TV masterpieces no matter what so if you don't go through everything, at least see those two.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2014, 04:41:44 PM by @thewilleasley »

Rusty_Berrings

« Reply #69 on: July 28, 2014, 06:42:25 PM »
the news
and The Regular Show, Pawn Stars, and American Restoration. They show old episodes of the 80's Transformers cartoons on "The Hub" at around midnight usually too.

McDuff

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 55
« Reply #70 on: July 28, 2014, 08:35:04 PM »
^Dexter is one of my favorite shows ever. the latter seasons are kind of lacking but seasons 1,2 & 4 are gonna be some of the best TV you'll ever see. 3 is solid but its more of a character buildup to an epic season 4. Season 5 was dope to me as well but i guess "the critics" didn't like it and all then from there on its decent, just not nearly as good as before. Too hard to top the earlier seasons really. Just watch the first episode & you'll be hooked though. If anything seasons 1 & 2 are TV masterpieces no matter what so if you don't go through everything, at least see those two.

good looks. def going to check it out.

Tracer

• Rep: -65309
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #71 on: July 28, 2014, 09:04:32 PM »
Fuckin with a new season of true detective, and always sunny. I pay too much for TV when I just game, watch movies or sports

Mooley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 254
« Reply #72 on: July 28, 2014, 11:30:56 PM »
If you've never checked out Rectify, one of the more underrated shows I've seen. On Netflix, first season was completely mindblowing and the second I believe is up now but I haven't watched yet. Just a very grounded show about an ex-con trying to rehabilitate into society.

fulltechnicalskizzy

« Reply #73 on: July 29, 2014, 01:28:36 PM »
(Also he is a gay rapist)

arthurspooner

• Rep: 9
« Reply #74 on: July 29, 2014, 01:40:27 PM »
Finished the first season of Deadwood recently and watched the first episode of the second season earlier today. I'm inclined to call everyone a cocksucker now - such a wonderful word

Al Swearengen is one of the funniest characters, this guy's a fucking goldmine of great dialogue.

I've also been collecting episodes of HBO's The Leftovers and The Strain (on FX). Can't follow shows week-by-week. I gotta have entire seasons before I can watch something.

The Leftovers is awesome. Definitely the best dramatic TV show I've seen.

shit_for_brains

« Reply #75 on: July 29, 2014, 03:09:30 PM »
Did anybody mention Fargo? I didn't expect much from it because of the attachment to the movie, but I honestly liked it more than I did the movie. It's weird in that it couldn't exist without the movie, but it has almost no other attachment to it.

Smell Good

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #76 on: July 29, 2014, 03:31:31 PM »
I think it definitely could have existed without the film. I mean, there were a few odd remnants here and there from the film, but that was mostly there for the fans of the movie - you weren't required to know them in order to enjoy to story.

Wonder what new cast/crime they're going to have for the second season? The criminal organizations (and the criminals) in that world are so eccentric and weird. Like that super pedestrian looking office in Nevada that happened to be the hub for a network of hit men for instance (Malvo's employers).

dirtyweemidden

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 59
« Reply #77 on: July 30, 2014, 07:28:59 AM »
Did anybody mention Fargo? I didn't expect much from it because of the attachment to the movie, but I honestly liked it more than I did the movie. It's weird in that it couldn't exist without the movie, but it has almost no other attachment to it.

I saw the series before the film and loved it.. definately no need to have seen the film first, after watching the tv version i went and watched the movie and preffered the Show waaaay better

noileum

• Rep: 29
« Reply #78 on: July 30, 2014, 07:51:02 AM »
Utopia is well worth a watch

It's made by Channel 4 in the UK and is quite British in style, it's darkly funny though and only 6 episodes in the first season so easy to catch up on.

Season 2 starts of with a fucking amazing origin story of what has happened to start of the events.

to give you some idea - check the soundtrack out

« Last Edit: July 30, 2014, 07:53:34 AM by noileum »

Yushin Okami

• Rep: 115
« Reply #79 on: July 30, 2014, 03:35:08 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

The Leftovers is awesome. Definitely the best dramatic TV show I've seen.

Did you see last weeks episode? That opening scene was fucking gnarly
We all know you have two sexy anthropomorphic wolves who buttfuck each other on the bottom of your board.

BallDontLie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 678
« Reply #80 on: July 30, 2014, 03:36:07 PM »
Lillyhammer
if the mods were wu-tang, dean would be cappadonna

tobey

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 5
« Reply #81 on: July 30, 2014, 07:02:53 PM »
Lillyhammer

are they making another season for that? i think that was one of the first netflix originals and it is awesome

shit_for_brains

« Reply #82 on: July 30, 2014, 09:32:59 PM »
I think it definitely could have existed without the film. I mean, there were a few odd remnants here and there from the film, but that was mostly there for the fans of the movie - you weren't required to know them in order to enjoy to story.

Wonder what new cast/crime they're going to have for the second season? The criminal organizations (and the criminals) in that world are so eccentric and weird. Like that super pedestrian looking office in Nevada that happened to be the hub for a network of hit men for instance (Malvo's employers).

I guess I meant it wouldn't have "landed" without the movie. I definitely wouldn't have been as interested in it without that connection. It needed the movie to come about, in a way.

I assume the Fargo name will keep just being in reference to whatever criminal element. They'll all maybe be dispatched from that same office or something? Either way it's an awesome show is what I'm saying here.

pinche gringo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 85
« Reply #83 on: July 30, 2014, 10:52:24 PM »
True Detective is the best show I've seen in a really long time.

PumpkinEsc0bar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -127
  • cleaner than a broke dick dog
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #84 on: July 31, 2014, 06:22:32 AM »
The Meltdown with Jonah Ray and Kumail Nanjiani   ; if you like stand-up comedy. Also, it's on after @Midnight (which is also great) and it's uncensored. Cursing is COOL!!!!!!

Here's the origin of the show

« Last Edit: July 31, 2014, 06:25:04 AM by PumpkinEsc0bar »

Carrolls Chesthairs

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 120
« Reply #85 on: July 31, 2014, 02:27:12 PM »

backing this show. Check it out if you have HBO and are into dramatic shows that could potentially lead to rewatching the whole series again.

Greg Road

« Reply #86 on: July 31, 2014, 10:04:35 PM »
I want to see Fresh off the Boat ... a total Asian stereotype show and it looks hilarious
Big Brother is always amusing
Leftovers started out .. ... .. . . .. intriguing ... they lost me
Twin Peaks is still the best

Tracer

• Rep: -65309
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #87 on: August 02, 2014, 12:11:32 AM »
I watched every episode, and damn it's pretty slow. Lots of waste scenes and little going on, season 2 better be good or else that show is donzo

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 158
« Reply #88 on: August 03, 2014, 11:45:25 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
I watched every episode, and damn it's pretty slow. Lots of waste scenes and little going on, season 2 better be good or else that show is donzo
You should try to stop being regular.

You and the D00D have turned this thread into a horrible head-on-collision between a short bus full of regular kids and a van full of paraplegics.

Reev

• Rep: 4
« Reply #89 on: August 04, 2014, 12:12:44 PM »
I'm English so there might be a couple of these that aren't very common with the US guys.

American Horror Story
Archer
Arrested Development
Breaking Bad
Entourage
Fargo
Hannibal
House of Cards
The IT Crowd
I'm Alan Partridge (funniest thing on TV, ever)
Line of Duty
Luther
The Newsroom
Orange is the New Black
Peep Show
Ray Donovan
Sherlock
The Shield
The Sopranos
Suits
Top Boy
The Trip