Author Topic: JENKEM: Paul Rodriguez leaks more info on Primitive  (Read 7885 times)

JAesop

Re: JENKEM: Paul Rodriguez leaks more info on Primitive
« Reply #30 on: April 17, 2014, 06:34:38 AM »
All of his answers and all of his plan comes from here.
http://excelforward.com

For better or worse.

tkp

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 518
    • shop lurker avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #31 on: April 17, 2014, 06:36:32 AM »
Expand Quote
Hey skateboarding, can we please stop repping shitty soda companies? I know cash is king but damnit, let's work on something that is actually full of vitamins and nutrients that we don't have to google to figure out what the fuck they are.

I read Jamie Thomas was working on some healthy tea or something of the sort.

--

On a side note I hope the Primitive business model helps skaters out in the long run and I applaud Paul for trying something different.
[close]

Fuck that and fuck you. Drink whatever the hell you want and rep whatever the hell you want. Should we prohibit alcohol too?

I see I touched a nerve with you. Obviously you are quite passionate about soda and really do not like the concept of a drink that could actually make you feel good instead of only having the benefit of tasting good.

In regards to your question about prohibiting alcohol, NO, we should not prohibit anything. There are certain people out there in this world who are quite successful and do not find the need to rep something that is not good for the health of humanity, aka they have standards for what they want to represent. If mountain dew were to come out and say "Hey, our shit isn't good for you if you drink it regularly (which is what we want you to do) however we are working on creating a drink that will actually benefit the body" I could see some sort of goodness in them.

For now all mountain dew does is wreck your body. I've worked in skateboarding long enough to see the youth get turned on by what the pros are into and not second guess it. I've seen kids drink mountain dew copiously without question and end up having to go to the hospital with kidney damage.

Yes, you are allowed to drink whatever the hell you want but if you really give a shit about your friends and family you might have the courage to guide them in a direction of something that will provide the body with what it actually needs instead of giving it what it doesn't want.

if a career could end any day with an ankle explosion realistically letting some jabroni juice chad fueler energy drink company give a couple 100 grand a year for a retirement plan isn't the worst move.

knamean?

Hence the reason why I said: cash is king

It comes down to an already successful skater looking at what he or she represents and trying to decide if that's what they really want to support. Paul Rodriguez could approach any company who would see the benefit in backing him. Unfortunately the large majority of humans are able to be bought out because it comes down to survival (I'm not saying Paul needs mountain dew to survive but if the end goal is to skate as much as possible and not work a normal job, signing with anyone who pushes any product who will pay you seems to be the way many go)
« Last Edit: April 17, 2014, 06:38:37 AM by tkp »

stevedave

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 97
« Reply #32 on: April 17, 2014, 08:32:27 AM »
while i'm not a big fan of PRod (or Plan B), I respected him as a professional.  but i gotta say, that move of only telling Colin he was quitting, when he called, because you were seen riding something other than a Plan B board, is pretty fucking childish.  just goes to show the lack of respect for the people that have helped to get you where you are today. 
"See you are like Mark David Chapman and my posts are John Lennon. You having nothing to offer so the best you can do is try to assassinate my beautiful posts. My Dental Plan is Strawberry fields and you are a sexually frustrated fat man."  ---NigNogNooo---

Fongstarr.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 315
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #33 on: April 17, 2014, 09:32:56 AM »
while i'm not a big fan of PRod (or Plan B), I respected him as a professional.  but i gotta say, that move of only telling Colin he was quitting, when he called, because you were seen riding something other than a Plan B board, is pretty fucking childish.  just goes to show the lack of respect for the people that have helped to get you where you are today. 

You'd figure Plan B would be used to having people leave to start companies by now.

I actually hope Mikey goes to Plan B and Torey gets on Primitive. And I hope PJ just gets off period and gets on Crailtap.
I'll fuckin
I'll fuckin
sew your asshole closed, and keep feedin you
and feedin you, and feedin you, and feedin you!

NoComply180

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -457
  • Objectivity police
« Reply #34 on: April 17, 2014, 09:50:26 AM »
everyone makes mistakes, and generally in all other situations p rod has come off as a class act. I'm sure the plan b situation was an awkward one and I'd be willing to be he's smoothed it over

creager needs to get on.

Him ah fall off building an bumboclot him legs

skate_bored

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 56
« Reply #35 on: April 17, 2014, 02:59:18 PM »
I've seen kids drink mountain dew copiously without question and end up having to go to the hospital with kidney damage.

Lol, doesn't he ride for them now too?

Paul seems like a legit guy. A lot of these guys are doing the same thing we'd be doing in the given situation. Even the guys helping in the consulting firm. Its like "I love skating, and I dont want to do anything else, so how can I make money from it without fucking up?"

midevilco

« Reply #36 on: April 17, 2014, 03:50:30 PM »

PRod was PRod before Plan B II came into existence, plus they poached him from Girl. How exactly did they help him get to where he is?

If anyone deserves credit, it would be Kareem / City Stars.

ben shraider

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -264
« Reply #37 on: April 17, 2014, 03:51:47 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Hey skateboarding, can we please stop repping shitty soda companies? I know cash is king but damnit, let's work on something that is actually full of vitamins and nutrients that we don't have to google to figure out what the fuck they are.

I read Jamie Thomas was working on some healthy tea or something of the sort.

--

On a side note I hope the Primitive business model helps skaters out in the long run and I applaud Paul for trying something different.
[close]

Fuck that and fuck you. Drink whatever the hell you want and rep whatever the hell you want. Should we prohibit alcohol too?
[close]

I see I touched a nerve with you. Obviously you are quite passionate about soda and really do not like the concept of a drink that could actually make you feel good instead of only having the benefit of tasting good.

In regards to your question about prohibiting alcohol, NO, we should not prohibit anything. There are certain people out there in this world who are quite successful and do not find the need to rep something that is not good for the health of humanity, aka they have standards for what they want to represent. If mountain dew were to come out and say "Hey, our shit isn't good for you if you drink it regularly (which is what we want you to do) however we are working on creating a drink that will actually benefit the body" I could see some sort of goodness in them.

For now all mountain dew does is wreck your body. I've worked in skateboarding long enough to see the youth get turned on by what the pros are into and not second guess it. I've seen kids drink mountain dew copiously without question and end up having to go to the hospital with kidney damage.

Yes, you are allowed to drink whatever the hell you want but if you really give a shit about your friends and family you might have the courage to guide them in a direction of something that will provide the body with what it actually needs instead of giving it what it doesn't want.

Things that taste/feel good are unhealthy. That's just common sense. Often times the people that complain about energy drinks and soda are seen smoking weed, a cigarette or drinking beer in every clip, which is far more damaging to your body. Mntndew isn't harmful to your body unless you're stupid and drink it all the time.

Jack Klompis

• Rep: 53
  • you want the pen??
« Reply #38 on: April 17, 2014, 04:29:30 PM »
well weed is illegal, and cigs and alcohol have age restrictions as well as PSAs that warn of the dangers of using them

dew however is 2 for $3 for the 20oz bottle at the local gas station/corner store, guzzle it down to fuel up and be like your favorite xtreme athlete!!
look who's eating dinner at 6 o'clock

macgruber

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 73
  • Just Tell Me What You Want Me To FUUUUUUCK
« Reply #39 on: April 17, 2014, 04:38:24 PM »
Paul is an amazingly talented skateboarder, but as a personality he's way plain. Also, why leave a company just to start basically the same company somewhere else? That shit looks exactly like Plan B

tkp

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 518
    • shop lurker avatar image
« Reply #40 on: April 17, 2014, 07:51:29 PM »

Things that taste/feel good are unhealthy. That's just common sense.

ahem... coconut juice, orange juice, water, fruits, vegetables, filet mignon, cheese

Often times the people that complain about energy drinks and soda are seen smoking weed, a cigarette or drinking beer in every clip, which is far more damaging to your body. Mntndew isn't harmful to your body unless you're stupid and drink it all the time.

do you have examples of these people who complain about those things? i agree that the act of smoking anything is damaging to your lungs. vaping herb or making edibles out of it have positive affects for the body if done in moderation.

everything can be harmful to your body if you over do it, even water. however i'd much rather see professionals repping things that benefit your body versus not.

carbonite

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 490
    • frozen in carbonite avatar image
« Reply #41 on: April 17, 2014, 08:19:01 PM »
when he's talking about mountain dew in the int., is he referring to#bajablast or regular?

sultsult

• Rep: -12
« Reply #42 on: April 17, 2014, 09:15:12 PM »

For better or worse.

haha looks at the team page... fred gall and gonz have personal brand management? those meetings must be hilarious.. also, daryl angel?  lol

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 383
« Reply #43 on: April 17, 2014, 09:47:16 PM »
Expand Quote

For better or worse.

[close]

Did you see who runs this?

haha looks at the team page... fred gall and gonz have personal brand management? those meetings must be hilarious.. also, daryl angel?  lol

Durndle

• Rep: 7
  • Denton. Gateway to Durndle
« Reply #44 on: April 17, 2014, 10:19:06 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

For better or worse.

[close]

Did you see who runs this?

[close]
ughhh
"We don?t just work from behind a desk. We have close relationships with our clients. We?re at their events and visiting their towns. Say what?s up if you?re at any of these upcoming events."
kill me now

L33Tg33k

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 718
  • F.A.P. - Forever Alone Party
« Reply #45 on: April 17, 2014, 11:08:52 PM »
Expand Quote

Things that taste/feel good are unhealthy. That's just common sense.
[close]

ahem... coconut juice, orange juice, water, fruits, vegetables, filet mignon, cheese
Orange juice is just sugar water that has more calories in it than a can of soda. Don't talk to me about vitamins because taking in a bunch of vitamins doesn't make you healthier because that's not the way vitamins work. You either have enough or you're deficient. Sure you can keep from being deficient by taking them in the form of juice though. I hate that Emergen-C and other bullshit medicine like multi-vitamin supplements. Fruits are delicious, but like juice, they're full of sugar. It's much better to eat the fruit than buying bottles of the juice because it limits your intake to healthy levels. So yeah, fruits are great. Vegetables mostly taste like ass and are undeniably the best thing for you in this age of excess. Many of them actually have negative calories in that you expend more calories eating and digesting them than the plant contains. Filet mignon is not healthy. It is full of fat and red meat is known to contribute to heart disease. Not to mention that buying it contributes to the beef industry which is a major contributor to global warming and resource consumption. Cheese is pretty much just fat. Coconut juice is gross and water is water.

It's important to note that our taste evolved this way for a reason. Fat, carbs, sugar, and salt all taste wonderful to us because these are the things the body needs and for the entirety of our existence they have been in short supply. Vegetables taste like nothing because they are nutritionally negligible. A potato taste like nothing until you put butter on it or fry it, then it taste like mana from heaven. It is a recent advent that we have such a surplus that even the cheapest of food products have hundreds of calories. I could easily go to some fast food place spend four bucks to get 1500 calories and then go home lay in bed and expend none of it until it turns to fat. With our sedentary lifestyles and unprecedented access to food, it's inconceivable there wouldn't be an obesity epidemic. For the most part food being "unhealthy" is just a function of the times we live in. You probably already know that and I wasted my time typing this though. As for shit like energy drinks and mountain dew with kidney killing additives, that shit is undeniably unhealthy. There are a shit ton of unhealthy things that people consume that they probably shouldn't. The thing is, I don't give a shit because it's not my responsibility to limit other people's consumption and that's the bottom line. I don't have a problem with people making money advertising shit that everyone has personal control over consuming. I respect their choice to do whatever the hell they want because I want them to respect mine.
Before you say the music sucked, have you considered shutting the fuck up?