Author Topic: Riding on Bricks  (Read 5702 times)

ZEBRA

Re: Riding on Bricks
« Reply #30 on: June 07, 2013, 09:33:50 PM »
I've always dreamed of making/skating a brick quarter. Just to carve brick transition would be awesome.

How about a brick bowl/pool?? Obviously it wouldn't be actual brick. It would be stamped to look like brick, but it would still have the same feeling.

Tarela

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 11
  • We spent four seasons at the Four Seasons twice
« Reply #31 on: June 09, 2013, 11:37:44 AM »
Always loved skating brick floor in general but banks especially..i miss the brooklyn banks but there a few spots here that will do..

J.R.

• Rep: -38
« Reply #32 on: June 17, 2013, 09:48:24 PM »
There is a manual pad in one of the parking lots that borders the outer perimeter of the park at Flushing Meadows, and the fact that the surface is made out of properly placed brick easily makes it my favorite manual pad to skate. Skating at the Brooklyn Banks used to be cool too...

zoltan

« Reply #33 on: June 20, 2013, 09:30:30 PM »
i love skating on marble tiles. nothing feels better than very smooth marble with those small cracks. it makes the best sound in footage and the cracks dont make you lose speed. i love love park footage for that reason

ZEBRA

« Reply #34 on: June 20, 2013, 10:41:23 PM »
i love skating on marble tiles. nothing feels better than very smooth marble with those small cracks. it makes the best sound in footage and the cracks dont make you lose speed. i love love park footage for that reason

What about when you have flat spots??

Paco Supreme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 525
  • One Trick Pony
« Reply #35 on: July 07, 2013, 05:22:44 AM »
Went to a family friends this afternoon, the whole block they live on is brick roads and drive ways and perfect roll on curbs, back too back slappies all the way down the street  ;D

daditude adjustment

• Rep: 21
« Reply #36 on: July 25, 2013, 10:27:53 AM »
this is pretty cool

<iframe src="http://player.vimeo.com/video/45874748?title=0&amp;byline=0&amp;portrait=0&amp;color=346900" width="500" height="281" frameborder="0" webkitAllowFullScreen mozallowfullscreen allowFullScreen></iframe> <p><a href="http://vimeo.com/45874748">EXPEDITION-ONE - BRICKYARD</a> from <a href="http://vimeo.com/kayocorp">KAYOTV</a> on <a href="https://vimeo.com">Vimeo</a>.</p>

art hellman

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1152
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #37 on: July 25, 2013, 03:07:34 PM »
i live in aberdeen (rattray's home town) and live about a 5 minute skate from the denburn banks so when i get bored i sometimes go for a skate there. there's just something rad about bricks and even radder about brick quarter pipes. i even love the little lip you have to ollie up every time to get onto the brick platform. you get into a cool rhythm ollieing on, tricking the quarterpipe, then rolling back off the bricks every run, i love it.

if you don't know the spot i'm talking about you'll probably recognise it. rattray makes it look easy to skate it in this video at 50 seconds.
Elwood Clothing - John Rattray Artist Reel

Never saw that clip before...rad!  the backside to that wall blunt is nuts-o.  And Stu!  Also, on a Scottish note, when living in NYC there was a tallish skinny guy who'd every so often show up and skate the Chelsea park that was in some way connected to Stu (I think also Scottish)...anyways, the guy rips and always seemed to find new lines there.  Any chance someone knows who that mystery man is?  Hmm, maybe I should have put this in a 'Missed Connections' when I was still living there...
hardly art, hardly starving

foley_

• Rep: 7
« Reply #38 on: July 25, 2013, 04:20:48 PM »
Expand Quote
i live in aberdeen (rattray's home town) and live about a 5 minute skate from the denburn banks so when i get bored i sometimes go for a skate there. there's just something rad about bricks and even radder about brick quarter pipes. i even love the little lip you have to ollie up every time to get onto the brick platform. you get into a cool rhythm ollieing on, tricking the quarterpipe, then rolling back off the bricks every run, i love it.

if you don't know the spot i'm talking about you'll probably recognise it. rattray makes it look easy to skate it in this video at 50 seconds.
[close]

Never saw that clip before...rad!  the backside to that wall blunt is nuts-o.  And Stu!  Also, on a Scottish note, when living in NYC there was a tallish skinny guy who'd every so often show up and skate the Chelsea park that was in some way connected to Stu (I think also Scottish)...anyways, the guy rips and always seemed to find new lines there.  Any chance someone knows who that mystery man is?  Hmm, maybe I should have put this in a 'Missed Connections' when I was still living there...

it could possibly have been div adam
Div Adams - Savoire Faire Bonus Edit

or colin kennedy
Colin Kennedy LAF

they're both scottish and both friends with stu. if it's not one of them i can't think who it would have been.

Greg

• Rep: -43
  • CRUSTY PALMS
    • // 1017 GLO GANG // FREE MAX B // FREE GUCCI // STREET MONEY // BLACKLAND // HOTHEADS // FUCKOUTTAHERE // avatar image
« Reply #39 on: July 27, 2013, 01:16:12 AM »
eating shit on bricks is like moonwalking on a cheese grader
| FUCK JAMIE THOMAS | IT'S CURTAINS |

ZEBRA

« Reply #40 on: July 28, 2013, 09:25:18 PM »
eating shit on bricks is like moonwalking on a cheese grader

Risk it for the bisciut

Spitfire4life

• Rep: -20
« Reply #41 on: July 30, 2013, 03:39:50 PM »
The indoor park by my house just built these wooden banks, but they cut the wood into brick sized panels, so it sounds and feels like bricks, but it slides well too. They even built a wallride just like the ones at the Brooklyn banks. The park kinda sucks and it;s $15 for 3 hours there, but it was worth it just to skate them. Still can't beat real bricks though.
If you take medical advice from this puddle of retards you are going to die.

flapJack

• Rep: 30
  • if you want our remorse,turn your body to a corpse
« Reply #42 on: July 30, 2013, 08:54:30 PM »
Southbank
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b13VTTq9Tfk

I also noticed how cory kennedy has the planter line on brick in pretty sweet, and does his best to avoid bricks. Cory Kennedy confirmed for brick hater

art hellman

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1152
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #43 on: August 01, 2013, 10:29:04 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

Never saw that clip before...rad!?  the backside to that wall blunt is nuts-o.?  And Stu!?  Also, on a Scottish note, when living in NYC there was a tallish skinny guy who'd every so often show up and skate the Chelsea park that was in some way connected to Stu (I think also Scottish)...anyways, the guy rips and always seemed to find new lines there.?  Any chance someone knows who that mystery man is??  Hmm, maybe I should have put this in a 'Missed Connections' when I was still living there...
[close]

it could possibly have been div adam
Div Adams - Savoire Faire Bonus Edit

or colin kennedy
Colin Kennedy LAF

they're both scottish and both friends with stu. if it's not one of them i can't think who it would have been.

nah, this ripper looks more like Bradford from Deerhunter
hardly art, hardly starving