Author Topic: In this thread we name things about ourselves that people here would bitch about  (Read 6571 times)

john

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 8
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
i also wear brown cords from time to time

candycanesammy

• Rep: 0
    • candycanesammy avatar image
besides the fact that i only have about five tricks these days, people would hate on the shit i don't understand.  for example,  i don't understand how certain tricks are named, and if i am understanding it right, i think its stupid because its inconsistent.

for example, why is a boardslide just a boardslide when you turn towards your back, and a frontside boardslide is considered frontside, when if you're doing a frontside kickflip you're technically flipping in the same motion you would be (roughly) for a boardslide.  and vice versa, doing a frontside boardslide is (again, roughly) the same motion you'd be making for a backside kickflip. 

in other words, to me it would make more sense if a boardslide was called a frontside boardslide and a frontside boardslide was called a backside boardslide.  but its not...

so, if anyone can explain this to me, please do. 

ed

• Rep: 11
in the air frontside and backside is determined by the direction of roatation

for grinds and slides it depends on how you roll up to the ledge/rail/coping/whatever

with your back facing it it's a backside trick, but if your front is facing it it's frontside

cahl

i enjoy any skate video that comes out, no matter how much shit is talked on it. 

worddd. over all i like anything skating that is put up or out.shitty or not

Shawn

• Rep: 5
  • stoooops!
i love doing benihanas
i like corey duffel
i like "illusion" flips (muska)
i think danny garcia is pretty boring
i like bams skating
i wouldnt fast forward a ragdoll part
i love doing fakie tricks.
you climbing to the top? ...soon...

artichoke

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 368

trent steel

i don't care about who rides for anyone unless it's a dna company and maybe a couple of shoe co.'s
i havn't skated in months and i don't feel bad about it
i'm beginning to like paul rodriguez
i don't care about the lakai video and i think it's going to be dissapointing like yeah right! was

gub

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 224
i post online at the Slap message-board

^^^ditto.

I have respect for just about anybody that rides a skateboard except for Andy MacDonald.
I hardly ever skate anymore because of injuries but if you did get a chance to skate with me you will probably have fun because I don't take it as serious as I once did.
I used to vibe alot.
I'm still a huge fan of John Deago.
I still find footage of Luis Cruz hard to watch.
I like to talk about art.
I can still be really sarcastic when talking to people.

tim

• Rep: 74
anyone that posts on Slap's lame message board is gay.

I like doing pop shove-it tail grabs.
I nerd out about skate decks with alternate construction techniques (composits, etc.).
I am usually willing to try out a new product if it has some new gimmick (even tried Tensors).
I don't fast forward vert parts in videos.
I like Rodney Mullen.
I am on the fence about wearing Nikes.
I stole a skateboard from somebody once.
You have me mistaken with someone that is important.

Yes, I'm gay. What of it?

Claude

• Rep: 15
I can't stand lost and found minus chewy cannons part.

art hellman

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1211
im not psyched on Muska pt. 2
hardly art, hardly starving

hamhead

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -8
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
i like every corey duffel part
i also liked the darkstar video
i hate varial flips
i hate seeing a plain manual, even if they like drop 20 stairs at the end... uck
i hate skating with music in
i liked what if?
i like es

Brown Cords

• Rep: 0
  • Ironic Owl Avatar
I'm wearing Nike Sb's as I type, I'm well into my twenty's and I still get excited about pro's and think team changes actually matter. I think austin stephens is better than a lot of guys out there. I'm a dick if you get to know me.

mikefork

I have respect for just about anybody that rides a skateboard except for Andy MacDonald.

prepare to have even less respect for him. at the journal the other night for the gonz/hosoi art show/video premiere he had on 1999 looking airwalks and a nice verizon wireless hoody. he went to my friends high school in khaki pants, a sweater, and hush puppy shoes. he went up to my friends, who looked like any other skateboarder and said "you guys look like such street skaters"

Edward Penishands

-mentally my skateboarding is stuck in the 90's
-every video i watch is from the 90's
-jump off a building era toy machine is my favorite team of all time
-im really superstitious about my skating
-im really inconsistant
-if you are sponsored, i hate you
-i suck

Brandon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 291
i really, really like lumberjack-style/plaid button-ups.
i'm kind of bi-polar when it comes to skating with large groups of people.  sometimes it's fun, sometimes it makes me feel like shooting myself.
after yeah right! came out i tried super hard to mimic brian anderson's style for like a week.

plastic bench nerd

i have not, and never will, film a trick in barcelona.

Bill

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 71
  • Back?
    • Divine Clothing & Design avatar image

Have you ever been there?

plastic bench nerd

Expand Quote
[close]

Have you ever been there?

yes, and i had the flu the first time and the 2nd time i stumble of with a freind and ended up skating by ourself's the whole time, well sort of.

sergio

nothing to bitch about just a random story

a few years ago, my neighbor's 3 year grandson came across a schmitt stix bryce kanights deck (w/ gargoyle graphic, neon green rails, unused indys, t-bones, the works). the board was left beside a garbage can on my driveway. i take it home assuming he did not want the board. 2 days later i go to new york. i get to autumn and see charles lamb hanging out front. charles starts asking about my board. assuming he would cool with it, i told him i thought i stole the board from child. he ended up giving me one of those stealing is wrong speeches on the bench. charles gave me a piece of his mind for about 20 minutes. i felt real shitty afterwards, and went to my neighbor's house to give back the board. to my surprise she was the one that left it there for me so her grandson wont pick up a "bad" habit. she let me keep it. whenever i go back and bump into charles i always get this dirty look from him because of that.

bitch about this...

when i owned thps2 for dreamcast, i use to ride real slow (slow enough for the rider to push) and enjoy basic tricks on free skate mode (if that is what its called) leaving only one song to play in the background. high and mighty with mos def - b-boy document 99

i owned a pair of black d3's and wore them with gym shorts when i skated.

i took up yoga after my first knee injury, tried to change my eating habits. no meat. i thought ian mackaye was god. that lasted a whole summer.

i still enjoy walking the dog (freestyle trick not actually walking a dog)

when i started skating i tried crouching like paulo diaz to get decent nollies.

i love the san antonio spurs
« Last Edit: December 03, 2006, 04:40:29 PM by sergio »

Rocuronium

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 48
This thread is great and I want it to continue but I've got to call out the fact that some people are "admitting" to some "hateful" things about which they are quite proud and which are not at all uncool and which none of us would "bitch about". I won't name them, they are quite obvious, and they are listed among other legit hate-able things after all.

About Andy Mac. Two summers ago I was on my annual road trip through Portland when I saw him and his brother skating one of the Dreamland parks un-announced, no demo. Both were ripping, both as good as each other. They claimed they do this every year just for the sake of good old'times, not as work for the mac but as a vacation. It was rad and he fucking ripped.
Nicest guy, of course. I liked the premiere TSM issue article about him. But I will concede to the wackness when it comes to pogo-sticking.
[img]https://i.pinimg.com/236x/59/48/b8/5948b85016497192c5b5df8b620f75db.jpg[img]

grimcity

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2221
  • computer says no
1. I own four pairs of Zoom Tres and they're currently all I skate in.
2. I think Birdo is pretty lame for not doing an interview with me (actually, for not even telling me that he wouldn't), especially after meeting Leticia in person (and her telling me that he'd be down for it) and sending a number of emails (all of which to balance out the Carnie interview). Just a "no" would have been nice after being under the impression that it was going down.
3. I occasionally like to dip Skoal or Copenhagen (I grew up ghetto country, fuck it).
4. I'm about to turn 32, and the older I get, the more excited I get when I learn a new trick. Giddy, even. Overly giddy.
5. I can ollie pretty high, but I don't put a lot of pop in most of my tricks.
6. I think Nate Sherwood is rad.

jared...

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -18
I own a pair of brown chords, and they are my favorite pair of pants I own.  I hate blue jeans...too bold for a pant, in my opinion.

i sometimes walk through blockbuster and only pick up movies with 4 star reviews or award nominations from film festivals...but it saves me from renting movies like The Breakup or The Lakehouse...

I'm an amazing skateboarder and land all my tricks, bolts, super-ass consistently, and when I don't land them within two or three tries, I go apeshit like Kerry Getz.  not really...I used to go apeshit, now I'm just having fun.  Don't think I've broken a board out of anger in 3 years.

my posts pretty much speak for themselves though...hate on me.
女の子は女の子とセックスすると、「lezzing out」です。 例えば、トニコクスホクスと友&

artichoke

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 368
Yeah, count me in on the brown cords/ vulcanized sole train as well.

I was wearing them before they were cool though.

Murdercapital

• Rep: -22
I hate how Element is starting to have a half-decent team with some skaters i really like...and they're the richest company.

I wear brown cords one day and baggy jeans the next.

I like seeing Correy Duffel throw his carcass down huge shit, but I find each part of his incredibly repetitive and long.

I really hate p-rod, jereme rogers, and torey pudwill now.  I can't enjoy a Diego Bucherri part.  I'm sure I'm not alone in these.

I enjoyed the new Oakley video very much, aside from Shecklers part.

I never buy skate videos now that its so easy to get them by other means, yet I am bitter that the same fate has befallen my own video.

Bklynbank

• Rep: -1
i think supreme is sick and awesome
flannel shirts are the coolest
baggy jeans are the worst

BIG, SWINGING DICK

-i hate puleo's skating. always have. i think it started with that fs boardslide at the bay blocks in his ftc part. who the fuck did fs boards on ledges back then?

-i also dislike donny barley.

-i like the new plan b.

-i still think danny way is fucking awesome.

loophole

im gonna come clean and admit that, as much as i respect them, i dont like watching old videos

(save mouse)

jared...

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -18
I hate how Element is starting to have a half-decent team with some skaters i really like...and they're the richest company.

I wear brown cords one day and baggy jeans the next.

I like seeing Correy Duffel throw his carcass down huge shit, but I find each part of his incredibly repetitive and long.

I really hate p-rod, jereme rogers, and torey pudwill now.  I can't enjoy a Diego Bucherri part.  I'm sure I'm not alone in these.

I enjoyed the new Oakley video very much, aside from Shecklers part.

I never buy skate videos now that its so easy to get them by other means, yet I am bitter that the same fate has befallen my own video.

you missed the point of this thread...find shit about yourself that people like you and me would bitch about on the daily...you secretly love ronson lamberts style and you emulate it when you skate in front of your house.  You wear new era hats with the sticker still on, and you don't know why.  All you skate is dgk.  Your favorite skater is garrett Hill...shit like that.
女の子は女の子とセックスすると、「lezzing out」です。 例えば、トニコクスホクスと友&