Author Topic: Army Vs. Navy  (Read 2096 times)

shuvit

Army Vs. Navy
« on: December 01, 2006, 10:20:23 PM »
Navy 17
Army 3

Navy has better play calling/ better coaching... oh but you don't care. well consider this... three guys that played in last years game have already died. Say whatever politics about Iraq you want but these men died so you can LIVE. PEACE PEACE PEACE

loophole

Re: Army Vs. Navy
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2006, 10:21:40 PM »
war/fighting 0
skateboarding 994246

shuvit

« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2006, 10:59:50 PM »
you know what i agree with you!!! and every vet in my family would agree with you... but sometime in your life you are gonna stand up for something... believe me

football is a release ....skating is a release !!!

but sometimes reality hits you and you got put that clip in...and you gotta sign that dotted line and you got to fight. NOT FOR YOURSELF but for those that come after you.

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 48
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2006, 11:52:19 PM »
I'm in the navy and I hate it.  We're wasting lives in a bullshit region.  I'm glad they convened a committee to come up with a conclusion I came to when the war started.  I knew it would result in civil war.  Didn't stop anyone though.

“Skaters are rebels” Reggie Barnes
“…If we create campaigns trying to sway skateboarders they will possibly rebel against it and go even more to non branded boards”

shuvit

« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2006, 12:04:21 AM »
I would love to sit and talk with you!!! Do you remember what it felt like after 9/11? I know i felt like we are in danger and i felt like every nation was going to get together to destroy us.
Hey! between you and me I would do anything for you!! I am your Brother!

My dad did aviation ordnance in Vietnam and my grandpa was in okinawa. My great uncle was in the first wave of guadalcanal! We are American!!! THE Baddest mofo's this planet has ever seen! Just remember you were on that team.

• Rep: 48
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2006, 12:06:13 AM »
Shit, I'm still on the team.  I'll be on the team until 2009.

“Skaters are rebels” Reggie Barnes
“…If we create campaigns trying to sway skateboarders they will possibly rebel against it and go even more to non branded boards”

shuvit

!!
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2006, 12:14:03 AM »
and the "silent" majority will pray for you.

and we will thank GOD for you. and certain people will talk all kinds of shit but remember its only cause they have YOU to fall back on!

Lurkenstock

« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2006, 01:32:59 AM »
My pops went to the Naval Academy back in the day and he lives in Annapolis now.
Always stoked to see the midshipmen make it happen, hope they beat Army.

AND their quarteback is from Hawaii, REPRESENTING!
« Last Edit: December 02, 2006, 01:28:51 PM by Lurkenstock »

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -936
  • I own Malibu? I am going to fuck you.
« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2006, 10:11:52 AM »
Navy 17
Army 3

Navy has better play calling/ better coaching... oh but you don't care. well consider this... three guys that played in last years game have already died. Say whatever politics about Iraq you want but these men died so you can LIVE. PEACE PEACE PEACE
You do realize that those men didnt die so we could live right? You know we had Iraq in a box and that it posed no threat to us, right? You know that there never were any weapons of mass destruction, right? You know that we have killed more than twice the amount of IRaqi people than Saddam ever did in less than a quarter of the time it took him right? These men died so George Bush could have his war. Its tragic. Saying "these men died so you can live" is political, and is incorrect.
I would love to sit and talk with you!!! Do you remember what it felt like after 9/11? I know i felt like we are in danger and i felt like every nation was going to get together to destroy us.
Hey! between you and me I would do anything for you!! I am your Brother!

My dad did aviation ordnance in Vietnam and my grandpa was in okinawa. My great uncle was in the first wave of guadalcanal! We are American!!! THE Baddest mofo's this planet has ever seen! Just remember you were on that team.
Why do morons bring up 9/11 and try to connect it to the IRaq war. The only way I would connect Iraq to 9/11 is that it has taken away resources that we could use to prevent another attack by the responsible party, has spread our troops thin so that the Afghanistan war, which seemed like it was in the bag, is now at risk. Also, 9/11 made our standing in the world much better with our allies, but since we have gone to Iraq, we have been seen as a pariah in the world.
Why did you feel like everything was going to kill us after 9/11? WE had support from almost everybody in the world, and we knew who did it. I bet you weren't scared after Katrina, which was a far greater American tragedy. Its probably because George Bush and his war architects don't like you to think about how much more dangerous a place America is now that our troops are spread so thin. But after 9/11, he spread the fear as much as he could, like a true terrorist. True terrorists use the fear of instability and violence as a way to control the masses. He couldn't use Katrina, but he wouldn't shut the fuck up about 9/11, until recently.
1987, that sucks that you are out there, and that you knew about the impending civil war. I believe you did know what was going to happen, all you would have to do is talk to one of the generals from the first Gulf War to know that, of course our regular president didn't think about talking to the people from the first war until about a month ago, wayyyy after the fact. I know I have come out heavily against the war, but I am in no way against the troops. In fact, the group getting screwed hardest on the American side of this war is the troops. Rummy has been fucking you from the start with his "You go to war with the army youve got, not the army you want" bullshit, and the Commander-in-chief went into war unprepared. I think you guys should all come home! Back to your families and friends who miss you. Or atleast to a real battle for our freedom. I don't hold troops at all responsible for this war's failure. Like you said, the end was predicatble from the start. I'm glad you guys are willing to fight for us, I just wish the commanding officers would tell you you can stop.
Are you a kook? If you would say this, the answer is “YES”
I quit skating for a time due to piling out

lophatrophazoa

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 180
  • breathmint please
« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2006, 02:47:28 PM »
Mobile Infantry VS Fleet, who you with?
"Front row tickets to a bomb ass play"
Quote from: Matze
i moved to my city 1 year ago and i'm becomming a little hero here ... everybody thinks that i'm really cool, even the girls fight each other because of me. people are talking how a cool guy i am and stuff.

Evil Kraken from the Arctic Sea

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 288
  • Hi SlapPal!
« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2006, 09:20:05 AM »
Turkeylurkey, I agree on most parts of what you wrote, but I disagree on your wish that the american troups should leave Iraq and go back. What Mr. Bush doesn´t seem to understand is that he can´t just go to some country, destroy everything and leave again. I hope you do see the necessity of troops to keep the situation stable and prevent the Iraq from being the next Afghanistan (I know "keep" is the worng word since the situation isn´t stable at all). I´m sorry for those who are in Iraq and face fear everyday but well, that´s what you have to be prepared for when entering the army.

On a sidenote, in a european survey Bush turned out to be considered (at least in Europe) the #1 threat to global peace .
I'll go frontside on some tranny for you.

God

« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2006, 10:03:36 AM »
Nothing destroys unity like politics does.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2006, 10:05:07 AM by God »

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2006, 01:44:35 PM »
Turkeylurkey, I agree on most parts of what you wrote, but I disagree on your wish that the american troups should leave Iraq and go back. What Mr. Bush doesn´t seem to understand is that he can´t just go to some country, destroy everything and leave again. I hope you do see the necessity of troops to keep the situation stable and prevent the Iraq from being the next Afghanistan (I know "keep" is the worng word since the situation isn´t stable at all). I´m sorry for those who are in Iraq and face fear everyday but well, that´s what you have to be prepared for when entering the army.

On a sidenote, in a european survey Bush turned out to be considered (at least in Europe) the #1 threat to global peace .
I agree with you, we need to withraw responsibly, but we need to do it quickly too, every minute is costing American and Iraqi lives.
I knew about the Bush survey.

shuvit, that "silent majority" crap may have worked in the 70's with Nixon, but saying it now while referring to stupid religious bumpkins who haven't realized what a dumb war this is just ain't pulling it.
The religious right makes up such a small part of the country, yet has been constantly sucked off by republicans who want to "secure the base" lately. Luckily this group of people is very small, despite the fact that they are loud and influential as hell. But anyway, while your out being all high and mighty, Say hello to Ted Haggard for me, and that even I say no to meth.

alec eiffel

• Rep: 1
« Reply #13 on: December 05, 2006, 03:17:38 PM »
i joined the navy for beer and bitches

Self-Educated

« Reply #14 on: December 05, 2006, 11:21:09 PM »
I HATE BOTH. Skate army, fool!

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1581
« Reply #15 on: December 06, 2006, 09:30:31 AM »
with the village people at least...i always liked the indian dude the best....

whatnot

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -15
« Reply #16 on: December 06, 2006, 09:58:39 AM »
Did you guys watch Bobby yet? I'm curious that why the fate of Bush and Kennedy Familly are so different, maybe it is because one is pro-war and the other one is against the war.
i love opening skate talk and see mbl88 mbl88 mbl88... on every thread's last post
----anonymous member

grimcity

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2214
  • computer says no
« Reply #17 on: December 06, 2006, 10:07:44 AM »
The Iraq war, as far as America is related to it, is lost. I'm not saying that as a defeatist, I'm saying that as someone who is acknowledging the current state of the war, and the door it's about to open:

Current state: Iraq is in a civil war. Yes, we pushed it into it's current state, but we can't fix it without choosing which side we're going to be on. There is no military solution to this problem. At this point, we're just in the way. The only thing we're doing right now is providing and creating cannon fodder, as well as adding to the destabilization of the region.
I'll give Bush credit for one thing... when he said "mission accomplished," he was right. He made sure that Saddam couldn't use any WMD (I'm being snarky). He deposed of Saddam's government, he installed a parliment (and an Islamic republic... oops), and he recreated Iraq in his own image. Technically speaking, Bush got exactly what he wanted.  Now it's time for us to leave Iraq and establish a presence outside of the country... phased withdrawl, immediate pullout, whatever is safest for our soliders and allies. There is nothing else we can accomplish unless we plan on having an American presence in the Iraqi parliment.

The open door: The bigger picture, something that is waaaay out of our league. Iraq is sort of now, and soon will be, an enourmous proxy war between Saudi Arabia and Iran. There is absolutely nothing we can bring to the table for this. We fucked up something too big to fix, and it's too late to do anything about it.

Tangentially, I tried to enlist in the Army back in 1994 (I would have gone in as a PFC, yay) but was rejected because of a pretty major/documented back injury that I didn't disclose (because it would have prevented me from going in... I had hoped that it would be overlooked). I was pissed too, as I had spent the two previous years training in a military Explorer post (I didn't have ROTC at my school) and I could pass any PT test at the drop of a hat (I also had about 20 weekend long FTX's under my belt, could set up a GP medium in a half an hour with three other heads, and wound up leading our color guard). Beyond that, I could recite my general orders backwards and knew the handbook better than my driver's license. I seriously have mixed emotions of thanks and regret for not getting in. I really wanted to be a great soldier (my goal throughout high school was to be an MP). When I got rejected I took my ACT, dropped out of high school, took my GED, went to college and became a madman.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2006, 10:37:13 AM by grimcity »

lophatrophazoa

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 180
  • breathmint please
« Reply #18 on: December 06, 2006, 11:13:23 AM »
if the americans leave or stay the result will be the same, some guys with have a coup and take over the goverment
"Front row tickets to a bomb ass play"
Quote from: Matze
i moved to my city 1 year ago and i'm becomming a little hero here ... everybody thinks that i'm really cool, even the girls fight each other because of me. people are talking how a cool guy i am and stuff.

goldenyears

• Rep: 9
  • whoop whoop! im a juggalo
    • cobra swagger avatar image
« Reply #19 on: December 09, 2006, 02:10:31 AM »
cum on, shuvit we need you, bump bump nigga
Faggot style

shuvit

« Reply #20 on: December 09, 2006, 02:23:20 AM »
you know my opinion

let the bullets do the talkin'... its the american way

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #21 on: December 09, 2006, 10:09:51 AM »
you know my opinion

let the bullets do the talkin'... its the american way
No, its George Bush's way. Thats why we don't use diplomacy and look like shit to the rest of the world right now. We are hated. We are in more danger, that is NOT what the American way should be.

SixofSeven

• Rep: -7
« Reply #22 on: December 09, 2006, 08:57:55 PM »
Marines.

shuvit

« Reply #23 on: December 10, 2006, 01:28:18 PM »
you would go to naval academy to be a marine officer