Author Topic: global warming?  (Read 5336 times)

fuckingvegan

Re: global warming?
« Reply #30 on: December 03, 2006, 08:10:26 AM »
fuck

ok whatever ill take your word for it shawn you usually seem to have your shit straight

give the movie a chance and also check out some of the info coming out of the science community. Only fringe scientists are doubting global warming these days, and most of them are given money from oil to cast doubt on it.

brooklyn brawler

« Reply #31 on: December 03, 2006, 08:11:42 AM »
Truce!

*hands over fork and shares salad*

loophole

« Reply #32 on: December 03, 2006, 08:18:39 AM »
Expand Quote
fuck

ok whatever ill take your word for it shawn you usually seem to have your shit straight
[close]

give the movie a chance and also check out some of the info coming out of the science community. Only fringe scientists are doubting global warming these days, and most of them are given money from oil to cast doubt on it.
cool thanks for the heads up

Bruce Wayne

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 27
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #33 on: December 03, 2006, 11:21:17 AM »
global warming is a myth.  the earth goes through cycles, that's all.  how could there been hotter/colder days in 1880 when we didn't have all the pollutants we do now?  pick up an almanac, look at the record temperatures. 
sometimes the "things" and "friends" you enjoy the most, will hurt you the most, and play an ultimate factor in how you leave this earth.
-sheffledge
half of you probably cant even tre.

fuckingvegan

« Reply #34 on: December 03, 2006, 12:27:09 PM »
global warming is a myth.  the earth goes through cycles, that's all.  how could there been hotter/colder days in 1880 when we didn't have all the pollutants we do now?  pick up an almanac, look at the record temperatures. 

Not this again. You are right there where freak days here and there in the 1800's but not to the amount that they are now. And look it is not like it is going to be 115 degrees everyday of the year but even a slight change can really fuck shit up.
Seriously get you head out of the fucking sand.

halfjapanese

• Rep: 2
« Reply #35 on: December 03, 2006, 12:36:15 PM »
Expand Quote

As you can see there have been natural cycles in CO2 levels, but they have never been as high as they are now.
[close]
well one thing is temperature line isnt as high as previous highs...

the longest existing annual temperature measuring station was at new york, and if i remember correctly the annual average temperature hasnt changed a single rounded degree compared to their stats in 1896 or something

plus the graph here only shows northern hemisphere stats, in southern its actually nothing like that, pretty normal actaully
antartica is in the southern hemisphere

halfjapanese

« Reply #36 on: December 03, 2006, 12:39:32 PM »
to all the doubters, your pretty stupid. i know im stupid as hell, but to be called stupid by someone as stupid as me, then man your stupid.
if you live in a city, look around you. 100 years ago it would have all been flat with trees and shit. considering the earth had looked like that for millions of years before, you still cant stop and think that your fucking something up in the least bit? will all the trees getting knocked down, anyone who knows shit all about photosynthesis would think thats theres a whole lot  less CO2 getting converted. yah i know, most photosynthesis is done by algea and all, but were fucking that one up big time too. i wont relate this to temperature, but were still putting a lot of shit in the atmosphere that shouldnt be there. im not offering a solution or anything here, but whats happening these day isnt a natural thing.
solution: hydrogen fuel cells
no carbon emissions, less expensive, more efficient, available technology....easiest approach to a luming disaster

fuckingvegan

« Reply #37 on: December 03, 2006, 12:41:17 PM »
Expand Quote
to all the doubters, your pretty stupid. i know im stupid as hell, but to be called stupid by someone as stupid as me, then man your stupid.
if you live in a city, look around you. 100 years ago it would have all been flat with trees and shit. considering the earth had looked like that for millions of years before, you still cant stop and think that your fucking something up in the least bit? will all the trees getting knocked down, anyone who knows shit all about photosynthesis would think thats theres a whole lot  less CO2 getting converted. yah i know, most photosynthesis is done by algea and all, but were fucking that one up big time too. i wont relate this to temperature, but were still putting a lot of shit in the atmosphere that shouldnt be there. im not offering a solution or anything here, but whats happening these day isnt a natural thing.
[close]
no carbon emissions, less expensive, more efficient, available technology....easiest approach to a luming disaster

Go watch "who killed the electric car" hydrogen is not what they claim it to be.

soon

• Rep: 1
« Reply #38 on: December 03, 2006, 12:58:14 PM »
you can't believe everything you see, read, or hear... (if your brain functions with logic, if you think the government is crooked (and the same people function in this crooked thing), then how can you be a cafeteria catholic and pick and choose? isn't it all bullshit?) especially with a great bullshitter like Mr. Gore & Mr. Bush, they're in the same goddamn league.

just because it asks a question (that tugs at your emotions) and its liberal does it make it a worthy cause. both sides lie their asses off continously (conservative, liberal). the same self righteous pricks whose campaign costs/funding could easily help  the poor/homeless/etc. in this country.

or fund global warming research if its such a big ass deal? no thanks. its a ploy... the best marketing fed to both sides of the field and most turds gobble that shit up and ask for seconds. propaganda is propaganda (both of them use it and use it well). its a nice show and all, but go to the fucking circus instead.

Al Gore is now a lobbyist anyway, which is a politican incognito being paid to mouth what he's told. he had an impressive resume, so kudos to him. and doesn't exempt him from being full of shit.

yeah, i get paid by Philip Morris to voice these things to you guys.

halfjapanese

« Reply #39 on: December 03, 2006, 03:27:23 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

Go watch "who killed the electric car" hydrogen is not what they claim it to be.
yeah it actually is, its not a refined or inexpensive technology quite yet, but its the only viable solution to global warming
tell me about this movie

fuckingvegan

« Reply #40 on: December 03, 2006, 03:44:35 PM »
Soon so then you explain why ever major science group says it is happening? Across the board no republican vs democrat thing just solid science. It is funny the same people said the hole in the ozone wasn't real when it was, and the claimed it wasn't human caused but it was and we fixed it.

fuckingvegan

« Reply #41 on: December 03, 2006, 03:45:19 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]
yeah it actually is, its not a refined or inexpensive technology quite yet, but its the only viable solution to global warming
tell me about this movie

Did you see this movie? It is worth viewing.

halfjapanese

« Reply #42 on: December 03, 2006, 04:31:45 PM »
yeah i'd love to check it out, i don't think i could it in any regular video store though.

lophatrophazoa

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 180
  • breathmint please
« Reply #43 on: December 03, 2006, 04:33:50 PM »
Soon so then you explain why ever major science group says it is happening?

probly not christian scientist and those are the only scientists that matter
"Front row tickets to a bomb ass play"
Quote from: Matze
i moved to my city 1 year ago and i'm becomming a little hero here ... everybody thinks that i'm really cool, even the girls fight each other because of me. people are talking how a cool guy i am and stuff.

Claude

• Rep: 15
« Reply #44 on: December 03, 2006, 08:31:07 PM »

Cars arn't the only thing affecting greenhouse gases, another main source is landuse change. Wetlands hold alot of methane and CO2 but over 80% of natural wetlands in the plains have been drained for agriculture and development. Also the increase in cattle ranching is the single greatest source of CH4 which has 10x more greenhouse potential then co2. Much of the growth in cattle ranching has occured in the amazon which is the biggest terrestrial carbon sink on earth. But cutting down all those trees that store CO2 and replacing them with animals who release grrenhouse gases whenevr they shit, we are increasing global warming. 

fuckingvegan

« Reply #45 on: December 03, 2006, 08:50:11 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Cars arn't the only thing affecting greenhouse gases, another main source is landuse change. Wetlands hold alot of methane and CO2 but over 80% of natural wetlands in the plains have been drained for agriculture and development. Also the increase in cattle ranching is the single greatest source of CH4 which has 10x more greenhouse potential then co2. Much of the growth in cattle ranching has occured in the amazon which is the biggest terrestrial carbon sink on earth. But cutting down all those trees that store CO2 and replacing them with animals who release grrenhouse gases whenevr they shit, we are increasing global warming. 

Yep that was the main thing that disappointed me about An Inconvenient Truth was no mention of cattle ranchings cause. But I have heard Al Gore family ranches so maybe that is why?

lophatrophazoa

• SLAP Pal
  • breathmint please
« Reply #46 on: December 04, 2006, 09:01:41 AM »
get dooz niggas sum butt plugs den, rocuronium shall hook yall up.
i moved to my city 1 year ago and i'm becomming a little hero here ... everybody thinks that i'm really cool, even the girls fight each other because of me. people are talking how a cool guy i am and stuff.

soon

• Rep: 1
« Reply #47 on: December 04, 2006, 10:21:12 AM »
just smoke a blunt and get some white castle brah.

halfjapanese

« Reply #48 on: December 04, 2006, 06:01:19 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Yep that was the main thing that disappointed me about An Inconvenient Truth was no mention of cattle ranchings cause. But I have heard Al Gore family ranches so maybe that is why?
yeah i cant believe i forgot about that
its normally one of the first reasons i bring up for not eating meat

lophatrophazoa

• SLAP Pal
  • breathmint please
« Reply #49 on: December 04, 2006, 06:12:40 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]
but if you dont eat meat, theres more cows around stinking up the place. think about it.

Claude

• Rep: 15
« Reply #50 on: December 04, 2006, 06:21:50 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

Thats my reason too, well I still eat chicken once in awhile.

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -936
  • I own Malibu? I am going to fuck you.
« Reply #51 on: December 05, 2006, 11:46:25 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]
but if you dont eat meat, theres more cows around stinking up the place. think about it.
Kind of like my theory to eat onloy factory farmed animals, cuz they want to die anyways, maybe me ordering that steak will shorten another cow's misery just a little bit. I think of that when I eat meat, and it makes me feel like I've done something good for the world.
Are you a kook? If you would say this, the answer is “YES”
I quit skating for a time due to piling out

skatemore,man

« Reply #52 on: December 05, 2006, 12:31:01 PM »
I'm all set with "an inconvenient truth." Granted the film might be a convenient means for a needed dissemination of knowledge, but for what reasons has it been distributed? certainly not having anything to do with politics/money. C.R.E.A.M

fuckingvegan

« Reply #53 on: December 05, 2006, 12:52:05 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]
[close]
Kind of like my theory to eat onloy factory farmed animals, cuz they want to die anyways, maybe me ordering that steak will shorten another cow's misery just a little bit. I think of that when I eat meat, and it makes me feel like I've done something good for the world.

But you forget one important fact, the reason that the animals are in factory farms is beause people want to eat meat and not have to pay high cost for it or murder the animal themselves, if everyone stopped eating meat there would be no reason to keep them in hellish prisons.

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #54 on: December 05, 2006, 12:54:06 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]

But you forget one important fact, the reason that the animals are in factory farms is beause people want to eat meat and not have to pay high cost for it or murder the animal themselves, if everyone stopped eating meat there would be no reason to keep them in hellish prisons.

I selectively forgot that. Its a joke. Obviously eating beef is not helping cows

fuckingvegan

« Reply #55 on: December 05, 2006, 01:20:24 PM »
You would be shocked at the excuses I have heard over the years.

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #56 on: December 05, 2006, 01:24:34 PM »
You would be shocked at the excuses I have heard over the years.
You would be shocked to realize how many of those people were probably kidding. The reason people aren't vegan/vegetarian is mainly that they don't care. Either that or malnourishment when they have tried.

jared...

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -18
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #57 on: December 05, 2006, 01:27:41 PM »
but meat is soooo fucking healthy for you!  seriously.  god made the animals stupider so we could be eating them, not for them to be our friends.  stupid.
女の子は女の子とセックスすると、「lezzing out」です。 例えば、トニコクスホクスと友&

fuckingvegan

« Reply #58 on: December 05, 2006, 01:39:30 PM »
but meat is soooo fucking healthy for you!  seriously.  god made the animals stupider so we could be eating them, not for them to be our friends.  stupid.

If that is the case shouldn't we be eating West Virgina residents?

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #59 on: December 05, 2006, 01:45:58 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

If that is the case shouldn't we be eating West Virgina residents?
Yes. We should. unfortunately West Virginia residents have opposable thumbs and rifles and are occasionally not too drunk off of moonshine to shoot them.