Author Topic: global warming?  (Read 5334 times)

jared...

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -18
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Re: global warming?
« Reply #60 on: December 05, 2006, 03:47:29 PM »
sorry, i was supposed to come off as an illiterate fuck with my "animals are stupider" comment...guess you guys didn't catch on.  but yeah, I've been a vegan for about 7 years now.
女の子は女の子とセックスすると、「lezzing out」です。 例えば、トニコクスホクスと友&

kr3w

• Rep: 0
« Reply #61 on: December 05, 2006, 04:48:17 PM »
the world is funny... years ago they were saying it would get too cold...dont buy in to any of that crap

Claude

• Rep: 15
« Reply #62 on: December 05, 2006, 05:23:56 PM »
the world is funny... years ago they were saying it would get too cold...dont buy in to any of that crap

Yeah you seem pretty smart.

halfjapanese

• Rep: 2
« Reply #63 on: December 05, 2006, 06:40:47 PM »
final answer
topic shut down
thanks kr3w

fuckingvegan

« Reply #64 on: December 05, 2006, 07:06:01 PM »
sorry, i was supposed to come off as an illiterate fuck with my "animals are stupider" comment...guess you guys didn't catch on.  but yeah, I've been a vegan for about 7 years now.

I was making a joke back at you. Not everyone from West Virgina is dumb.

fuckingvegan

« Reply #65 on: December 05, 2006, 07:06:36 PM »

The world was affected by certain chemicals that where cooling the world, they got outlawed and everything was fixed.

Claude

« Reply #66 on: December 05, 2006, 08:02:18 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

The world was affected by certain chemicals that where cooling the world, they got outlawed and everything was fixed.

Yeah, aerosols like sulfides have a net cooling effect because they increase cloudcover, but they caused acid rain, so they were banned and/or the use has been moderated. Notice how the acid rain issue has blown over.

Chris from Essex

• Rep: 4
« Reply #67 on: December 06, 2006, 12:53:55 PM »
Are you dickheads honestly trying to tell us that global warming is (a) not happening, or (b) not caused by the behaviour of mankind? US companies have caused a huge amount of environmental damage throughout the 20th century, and now it's the turn of India and China to do the same. What's worse is that the Bush Administration have spent millions of dollars trying to claim that it's not happening at all. Climate change/global warming is happening, and until that cowboy is out of the Whitehouse, nothing meaningful is going to be done.

muckles

• Rep: -29
  • RAZORSHARPCREW
« Reply #68 on: December 06, 2006, 12:58:58 PM »
I think all the pollution we create is depleting the ozone layer which is caused by us humans which is causing a part of global warming?
<src img=http://forums.clubrsx.com/customavatars/avatar91928_161.gif>

sebastian toombs

« Reply #69 on: December 06, 2006, 01:12:21 PM »
i saw 'an inconvenient truth' the other day and was pretty impressed.  i think it was a bit too much about gore, rather than his arguments, but of course that is the director's artistic license, and it didnt detract from the overall argument.

one thing that kept nagging at me, however, was that, as many people have pointed out, al gore (and his family's political dynasty-- yes, like bush, he has one too) was for so long the representative for the big pennsylvania coal interests.  the same ones that are devastating western pennsylvania today with open-pit mining on an unbelievably large scale-- literally grinding mountains down into nothing to get at the coal, and dumping all the tailings in nearby valleys and such.

now i am not trying to say that gore's argument is somehow wrong just because he (and his dad) shilled for big coal in washingston; i am just curious about the possible relations between his history and the film.  what gets left out, etc.

but maybe some of you know more about this than me...

lophatrophazoa

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 180
  • breathmint please
« Reply #70 on: December 06, 2006, 01:43:06 PM »
cant change your past now, might as well make a better name for yourself
"Front row tickets to a bomb ass play"
Quote from: Matze
i moved to my city 1 year ago and i'm becomming a little hero here ... everybody thinks that i'm really cool, even the girls fight each other because of me. people are talking how a cool guy i am and stuff.

Claude

« Reply #71 on: December 06, 2006, 04:13:47 PM »
I think all the pollution we create is depleting the ozone layer which is caused by us humans which is causing a part of global warming?

The Ozone layer was being depleted by CFC's and other synthetic chemicals that have been banned in most if not all industrialized countries. The hole in the ozone has nothing to do with global warming, in fact I think it might have a cooling effect, but it poses many other problems such as skin cancer and mass killings of amphibians and reptiles.

halfjapanese

• Rep: 2
« Reply #72 on: December 06, 2006, 05:19:59 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

The Ozone layer was being depleted by CFC's and other synthetic chemicals that have been banned in most if not all industrialized countries. The hole in the ozone has nothing to do with global warming, in fact I think it might have a cooling effect, but it poses many other problems such as skin cancer and mass killings of amphibians and reptiles.
luckily, the ozone is replenishing its 03 oxygen and repairing itself, over the past few years its actually been shrinking

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -936
  • I own Malibu? I am going to fuck you.
« Reply #73 on: December 07, 2006, 09:52:05 AM »
i saw 'an inconvenient truth' the other day and was pretty impressed.  i think it was a bit too much about gore, rather than his arguments, but of course that is the director's artistic license, and it didnt detract from the overall argument.

one thing that kept nagging at me, however, was that, as many people have pointed out, al gore (and his family's political dynasty-- yes, like bush, he has one too) was for so long the representative for the big pennsylvania coal interests.  the same ones that are devastating western pennsylvania today with open-pit mining on an unbelievably large scale-- literally grinding mountains down into nothing to get at the coal, and dumping all the tailings in nearby valleys and such.

now i am not trying to say that gore's argument is somehow wrong just because he (and his dad) shilled for big coal in washingston; i am just curious about the possible relations between his history and the film.  what gets left out, etc.

but maybe some of you know more about this than me...
He has been a big environmentalist for a while now, maybe the whole thing started from his own guilt. He is responsible for some shit he may (or may not, but for the guilt theory lets say he does) have realized is bad, and wants to do some good to make up for it.
Are you a kook? If you would say this, the answer is “YES”
I quit skating for a time due to piling out