Author Topic: Skateboarding in East Timor  (Read 567 times)

Owen

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 302
    • My Photos avatar image
Skateboarding in East Timor
« on: April 06, 2013, 05:42:12 PM »
I recently returned from a three month stint living in East Timor. Whilst it's not exactly Barcelona, I thought this info might be handy to someone at a later date.
Most surfaces in Dili aren't great for skating but there are still lots of spots if you're keen to search for them. As Dili is a small city, this is pretty easy if you have a scooter and some free time. The area at the base of Christo Rei, the Dili Convention Centre, the mall and sports stadium are all worth checking out.
I posted some photos and info about the local skatepark here: http://www.skateboard.com.au/v2/index.cfm?smithgrind=view&id=3101

I was involved in it getting resurfaced and some new ramps being built, as of November 2012, the concrete was nice and smooth.

I filmed a fair bit whilst I was there. The footage is in this clip:

Living in Dili was heaps of fun, if anyone is considering going there for work, I would definitely encourage it. It's a really fun place to live, great beaches, laidback atmosphere and the local people are very welcoming. If anyone wants more Timor related information, feel free to shoot me an email: [email protected]
Jorts
Anklets
Rat tails
Sling shots
Toe rings
Shuv it tail grabs
Jump ramps

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 12
Re: Skateboarding in East Timor
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2013, 11:45:29 PM »
how was the food over there owen?