Author Topic: I just blew my fucking knee out  (Read 518 times)

J>J Knick

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -4
I just blew my fucking knee out
« on: April 14, 2013, 06:34:25 PM »
Helping somebody move.   Can't skate for 6 months.   I am a pussy

It's my birthday tomorrow as well.   Can anybody make me feel better?

poopnutsupreme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 494
Re: I just blew my fucking knee out
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2013, 08:17:04 PM »
Holy shit that sucks hombre. You know if it was acl or meniscus or anything? Definitely get it checked out if you haven't yet that shit rarely heals on it's own unless it's minor. The best solution is to get a lot of weed and alcohol and talk shit on slap till it's over.  Best of luck dude that shit sucks.
Any dude that hates on roller hockey hasn't played, and likely haven't played a sport in their entire life.

MuchasGracias

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -140
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2013, 08:27:33 PM »
Time to dig up the ol' xbox and junk food routine. But seriously, that sucks dude.

paraquat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 200
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2013, 09:23:20 PM »
I'm sorry man. That sucks. Keep ya head up.

J>J Knick

« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2013, 10:33:46 AM »
Thanks homies!!  I've gotta get it checked out in the morning.    Fucking sucks.

Mike V and Good For You are coming to town, so hopefully I get to meet him after the show.

God...I'm such a fan boy.

Merked

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -157
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2013, 10:38:08 AM »
My birthday was yesturday and ended up in the hospital for dehydration from diahrea because I was constipated and took laxatives.  Never again.  Sometimes I think birthdays are cursed.  Shit doesn't compare to your knee, but fuck birthdays.  Nonetheless, feel better bro, nurse that knee back to health and get back on the board!  And, Happy Birthday, I guess.    ???
I suck at SLAP.

J>J Knick

« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2013, 12:15:31 PM »
My birthday was yesturday and ended up in the hospital for dehydration from diahrea because I was constipated and took laxatives.  Never again.  Sometimes I think birthdays are cursed.  Shit doesn't compare to your knee, but fuck birthdays.  Nonetheless, feel better bro, nurse that knee back to health and get back on the board!  And, Happy Birthday, I guess.    ???

Thanks man and happy birthday to you I guess.   I really don't care about my birthday, I am more pissed that I can't get out and skate.   I live in Michigan and it snowed yesterday.  Today was in the 60's and was going to hit this spot where I'm staying.   

Like I said.  If I get to meet Mike V when he comes to town that will make up for it. 

pica

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -36
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2013, 04:47:25 PM »
my budd booked an appartement in BCN for 4 weeks and returned yesterday (after one week). He blew out his knee, tore his ACL and tore the capsule of his collateral ligament out of the bone as well. he's gonna get surgery within the next week. you're not alone.

paraquat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 200
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2013, 08:22:29 PM »
my budd booked an appartement in BCN for 4 weeks and returned yesterday (after one week). He blew out his knee, tore his ACL and tore the capsule of his collateral ligament out of the bone as well. he's gonna get surgery within the next week. you're not alone.
Jesus. That sucks.

happenstance

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 690
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2013, 08:31:44 PM »
I've lost somewhere between 3 and 4 years to injuries on my right knee. 3 bad injuries.

Here is me making you feel better: It will heal eventually and you will skate again. Also, you will get used to not skating and it will go by quicker than you think.

jerrys_kids

« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2013, 08:40:39 PM »
The three biggest tips I can give you are as follows in order of importance

1. Buy a bike, like a road bike, and ride it all the time as soon as the doc ok's it.

2. DO NOT SKATE UNTIL CLEARED BY THE DOC

3. (not nearly as important as the first two) Find a hobby to pass the time faster so you don't get super bummed, I took up wood working, it was super fun, still do it sometimes, it just makes that 6 months much better.

I've had two surgeries myself and I really cant stress enough how much a bike can help you, I know it can be expensive to get one but trust me its more than worth it, I honestly fully credit my bike as solely the reason I am still able to skate regularly.

Pango

• Rep: -30
« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2013, 05:31:39 AM »

1. Buy a bike, like a road bike, and ride it all the time as soon as the doc ok's it.

3. (not nearly as important as the first two) Find a hobby to pass the time faster so you don't get super bummed, I took up wood working, it was super fun, still do it sometimes, it just makes that 6 months much better.

I've had two surgeries myself and I really cant stress enough how much a bike can help you, I know it can be expensive to get one but trust me its more than worth it, I honestly fully credit my bike as solely the reason I am still able to skate regularly.

Agree 100% on the bike I blew out my ACL, PCL and MCL in my left knee and im goofy too so it sucked, but when I was in PT riding  a bike stationary or a regular bike was key to build strength and flexibility back in your knee.  Stay positive man and to be honest shit like this makes you appreciate things more.

keep your head up man you will come out of this a stronger person 

Dole

• Rep: 3
« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2013, 03:17:06 AM »

Yeah that totally sucks ass. I was at BCN for 2 weeks about a month ago and "sprained" some ligament(s) on my right knee skating the macba threes. The knee felt pretty good and went skating a couple of times but sunday it sprained again in some transition session, though not that bad. The knee just won't hold the body weight when landing on it. I know i should rest for a month at least but the spring is just too tempting. Fuck I think I need to get that big bag of weed to work shit out.
Say peace for your friend recovering the surgery. I feel at least lucky for not blowing my knee that bad.

_aminal

• Rep: -8
  • win some, lose most.
« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2013, 12:00:33 PM »
sucks bud, sorry to hear that. best thing you can do is get some weed and get into riding a bike when you are capable.
try not to let it get to your head, time flies right?

Ed's impossibles are like gonzs kickflips....

J>J Knick

« Reply #14 on: April 20, 2013, 11:05:37 AM »

Great advice!  Thanks dude!!   I collect vinyl so I have a hobby.   I'll just have to lock the boards in my storage unit

Crazy Joe Devola

« Reply #15 on: April 26, 2013, 08:42:14 AM »

BEER

J>J Knick

« Reply #16 on: May 01, 2013, 04:05:30 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

BEER

Surgery scheduled for next week.   We'll see what the doc has to do.     I just want it over with.

6feetdeep

• Rep: -1
« Reply #17 on: May 02, 2013, 08:18:45 AM »
If you are into mafia movies, check out the series Sopranos. Its awesome, has like 6 seasons and takes up a lot of time. Really helped me when i blew mine in november. And if you have the money, try to get the best physical therapy possible, its really important. Always do your exercises at home and try to ride the bike as soon as possible. It will get better and you will able to skate again, good luck on pulling it off.

Pearl

« Reply #18 on: May 03, 2013, 08:22:16 PM »
I just blew my fucking load.

BigE Campbell

• Rep: -2
« Reply #19 on: May 05, 2013, 10:01:08 PM »
Damn dude, my friend fucked up his knee like a year ago and he still can't skate like normal.

J>J Knick

« Reply #20 on: May 16, 2013, 11:47:25 AM »
Damn dude, my friend fucked up his knee like a year ago and he still can't skate like normal.

That's the biggest worry.  I had the surgery on May 8th and the doctor found more problems than he originally thought.   He said that I will need another surgery.   I'm getting a second opinion.   

familyrapist

• Rep: -6
« Reply #21 on: May 16, 2013, 01:44:25 PM »
i did this a year ago, and now have crazy back spasm problems. wish i knew my knee was that important

aaronagis

• Rep: -3
« Reply #22 on: May 20, 2013, 10:43:21 AM »
Damn that sucks, I tore my meniscus in 2009 and didn't seriously start to skate again until summer '11 . I still have tendinitis in that knee,  and since then have developed Patellofemoral pain syndrome in the other knee.
I still skate on most of my days off and free time, but I seriously have to stretch for like 30 mins, before I go each time to help with pain/ stiffness.

I'm only 24! My knees feel way older than they probably should, but I don't plan on quitting anytime soon. Skateboarding gives me a feeling that nothing else except playing music has ever given me, and  I can't give that up.

J>J Knick

« Reply #23 on: May 21, 2013, 07:18:27 PM »
Damn that sucks, I tore my meniscus in 2009 and didn't seriously start to skate again until summer '11 . I still have tendinitis in that knee,  and since then have developed Patellofemoral pain syndrome in the other knee.
I still skate on most of my days off and free time, but I seriously have to stretch for like 30 mins, before I go each time to help with pain/ stiffness.

I'm only 24! My knees feel way older than they probably should, but I don't plan on quitting anytime soon. Skateboarding gives me a feeling that nothing else except playing music has ever given me, and  I can't give that up.

That sucks dude.   You really took 2 years off?   It's only been 2 weeks and I'm ready to go..Well, not ready but If I can at least get out there and ride somehow.   

Sit on my face

• Rep: 1
« Reply #24 on: May 22, 2013, 01:32:32 PM »
Shitty news man. My friend tore a ligament in his knee and after 3 years he just learned to kickflip again last fall. He needs surgery but he's been waiting on it for 2 years now. Shit sucks. Hope you pull through good dude