Author Topic: real confessions  (Read 1734848 times)

Frank

• Mods
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1429
  • daddy bought you a pony
Re: real confessions
« Reply #10350 on: January 08, 2022, 09:11:43 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
There’s no way I’m ever going to be able to solve a Rubik’s cube.  Too fucking dumb.
[close]

Are you really motivated to learn, though? I get bored and mildly irritated just looking at a Rubik's cube.
[close]

anyone can learn it if you go by the algorithm method. there's basically a pattern of movements, or rather a sequence of patterns that change when you've reached a certain outcome and at some point you will end up with a solved cube. that's what i find boring about it and it also is the reason why speedcubers are that fast. at some point you can skip parts of the algorithm because you can eliminate redundant moves. that's how they solve these cubes in 5 seconds. so basically all you have to do is follow the algorithm and be patient and not fuck up the moves. i tried learning to solve it that way and found it the hardest not to just zone out while trying to complete one pattern while doing the same over and over, then you notice you made a wrong twist two moves ago and that may have ruined your progress.

i still think to solve it in 5 seconds you need to be insanely smart and fast in the head, no doubt. but i think everyone can power through it with patience and tenacity. i mean you don't even need to know about numbers or maths, it's all color coordinated at the end and works like "look for so and so on one side, look for corner, bring corner over here via this move, check result, repeat,..."

but i have to agree, i get kind of bored with them as well, as i'm very slow in solving them and become disinterested or even sleepy after a while. also they look way cooler unsolved.
[close]

1.  Not motivated at all.  I just know whenever I fuck with one, after 45 seconds I think “no way”

2.  I’d give the algorithm method a shot if for some reason I was somehow stuck in a waiting room for hours and there was one there, but wouldn’t really say that counts as “solving” it if I’m just following some pattern from someone else and not just using my raw brainpower.  It would be kind of a cool thing to learn just to impress people though.

yeah, 2 is exactly what i mean. when you find out all these dudes that are good at rubiks cube just use algorithms it's not as impressive. i would by all means say that it still counts as solved, since there is basically no way to do it freestyle. like, you can't really freestyle a rubiks cube. if you understand how to solve it, that just means you found out about the algorithm, and skipping redundant sequences is just simplifying it. i think there is literally no way to effectively solve a rubiks cube intentionally other than using an algorithm. everything else is pretty much a coincidental solution. your raw brainpower is pretty much useless in solving a cube. which is why rubiks cubes are probably not the best way to measure that imo.

Coastal Fever

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 495
« Reply #10351 on: January 09, 2022, 05:34:28 PM »
When I was a kid I made a bet with my mom that if I could solve a Rubik’s cube she had to buy me a bag of chips.  I took it into another room, and solved it by removing and rearranging all the stickers on it.  If only I could’ve carried that sense of ruthless ingenuity into my adult life.  Oh, the successes that could’ve been.

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
« Reply #10352 on: January 09, 2022, 05:42:24 PM »
When I was a kid I made a bet with my mom that if I could solve a Rubik’s cube she had to buy me a bag of chips.  I took it into another room, and solved it by removing and rearranging all the stickers on it.  If only I could’ve carried that sense of ruthless ingenuity into my adult life.  Oh, the successes that could’ve been.

kids brains are amazing in how dumb and smart at the same time they are.

beatifk

• Rep: 162
« Reply #10353 on: January 09, 2022, 11:09:22 PM »

Yeah, but did you get the chips? What kind?

Coastal Fever

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #10354 on: January 10, 2022, 05:58:59 AM »
I did!  Lays Regular.  Basic choice but they had just started selling where I lived so they were a pretty big deal at the time.

Peter Zagreus

• Rep: 85
« Reply #10355 on: January 10, 2022, 10:27:20 AM »
Remember in the late 90s when Lays put out those diet chips that made people shit themselves? I do, though I won't confess that they gave me "loose stools."

From Wikipedia:
Lay's WOW Chips were fat-free potato chips produced by Frito-Lay containing Olestra. They were first introduced in 1998, and were marketed using the Lay's, Ruffles, Doritos, and Tostitos brands. Although initially popular, charting sales of $400,000,000 in their first year, they subsequently dropped to $200,000,000 by 2000, as Olestra caused "abdominal cramping, diarrhea, fecal incontinence ["anal leakage"], and other gastrointestinal symptoms" in some customers,[1] warnings were required to be included on the packaging, with the WOW bag bearing a warning that read, "This Product Contains Olestra. Olestra may cause abdominal cramping and loose stools. Olestra inhibits the absorption of some vitamins and other nutrients. Vitamins A, D, E, and K have been added.

ra the weak man

• Rep: -51
« Reply #10356 on: January 10, 2022, 01:07:41 PM »
Remember in the late 90s when Lays put out those diet chips that made people shit themselves? I do, though I won't confess that they gave me "loose stools."

From Wikipedia:
Lay's WOW Chips were fat-free potato chips produced by Frito-Lay containing Olestra. They were first introduced in 1998, and were marketed using the Lay's, Ruffles, Doritos, and Tostitos brands. Although initially popular, charting sales of $400,000,000 in their first year, they subsequently dropped to $200,000,000 by 2000, as Olestra caused "abdominal cramping, diarrhea, fecal incontinence ["anal leakage"], and other gastrointestinal symptoms" in some customers,[1] warnings were required to be included on the packaging, with the WOW bag bearing a warning that read, "This Product Contains Olestra. Olestra may cause abdominal cramping and loose stools. Olestra inhibits the absorption of some vitamins and other nutrients. Vitamins A, D, E, and K have been added.
jay leno had a feel day w/ this. 'anal leakage' he'd say to much applause. never a fan of old jay, i couldn't help myself and let out a chortle when 'anal leakage' cued me to. olestra sounds like female hormones, i wonder if that's where it's derived from.

lazer69

• Rep: -95
« Reply #10357 on: January 10, 2022, 05:05:33 PM »
There’s no way I’m ever going to be able to solve a Rubik’s cube.  Too fucking dumb.

I feel you brother.

Been feeling the same

beatifk

« Reply #10358 on: January 11, 2022, 05:34:29 AM »
I did!  Lays Regular.  Basic choice but they had just started selling where I lived so they were a pretty big deal at the time.

Hell yeah!

brucewillis

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 32
  • Die Hard. www.casualskateshop.com.br
« Reply #10359 on: January 11, 2022, 11:20:38 AM »
I'm afraid of the nu metal comeback, but i do love me some Deftones.

SneakySecrets

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1238
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #10360 on: January 11, 2022, 11:35:16 AM »

@Coastal Fever I’ve gotta tell you, I’m a little suspicious of your story.  As a small child, you got all the stickers off and reattached without ripping or creasing any or tearing off just the top part and leaving the papery layer?  And they all just stuck back on perfectly?  54 little flawless victories?

I’m not saying it’s impossible, but I’d like some more details. 

This is very important.
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

Willie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 303
« Reply #10361 on: January 11, 2022, 07:24:12 PM »
Never got anywhere with the Cube but I could do this one:

L33Tg33k

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 701
  • F.A.P. - Forever Alone Party
« Reply #10362 on: January 11, 2022, 09:21:17 PM »
I heard Korn and System of a Down were touring together. Some homies are hyped.
Before you say the music sucked, have you considered shutting the fuck up?

blurst_of_times

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 794
    • Skateboarding Magazine Scans avatar image
« Reply #10363 on: January 11, 2022, 10:03:31 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
I heard Korn and System of a Down were touring together. Some homies are hyped.
I totally wouldn't see either of those bands, no siree....

*eyes dart back and forth nervously*
There was no wire. Clark's planet needed him.
 Note: Clark Hassler died on the way back to his home planet.

Coastal Fever

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #10364 on: January 12, 2022, 04:47:01 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

@Coastal Fever I’ve gotta tell you, I’m a little suspicious of your story.  As a small child, you got all the stickers off and reattached without ripping or creasing any or tearing off just the top part and leaving the papery layer?  And they all just stuck back on perfectly?  54 little flawless victories?

I’m not saying it’s impossible, but I’d like some more details. 

This is very important.

Well.. by small child I mean 10 or 11, so I did have some manual dexterity by that point.  And luckily they weren’t paperback stickers, but the easy peeling plastic kind, which made all the difference.  Also, my execution was by no means flawless, definitely some crooked and peeling ones.  So chances are my mom wasn’t buying it, but help up her end of the deal regardless.

beatifk

« Reply #10365 on: January 12, 2022, 07:51:09 AM »
Deftones are sick. Saw them at the Metallica festival in Detroit… had vip passes haha. Would definitely see them again.

Would see System of a Down out of curiosity. Was never a fan but I get what they’re doing and I think it’s pretty cool.

Seeing Korn these days seems like it would be depressing. I was a huge fan in my teenage years but only the first record. Everything after that I thought was pretty corny. *rimshot

rawr1922

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 107
« Reply #10366 on: January 12, 2022, 03:18:03 PM »
Deftones are sick. Saw them at the Metallica festival in Detroit… had vip passes haha. Would definitely see them again.

Would see System of a Down out of curiosity. Was never a fan but I get what they’re doing and I think it’s pretty cool.

Seeing Korn these days seems like it would be depressing. I was a huge fan in my teenage years but only the first record. Everything after that I thought was pretty corny. *rimshot
Pretty juicy confession especially about  Deftones. Thank you for being so honest. Just one of those bands who are like a Ford Mustang. Gets a bad name due to fan base however secretly awesome. Would love to see System of A Down one day. Never seen Korn either. Really enjoyed their records through Follow The Leader

iKobrakai

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -718
« Reply #10367 on: January 13, 2022, 01:41:05 AM »
Why would Deftones be shameful, it's not Powerman 5000 or Traped?

The have been one of my absolut favorites since MTV had Headbanger (?) around 2004 or something.

Anyway, there is strange "Deftones got me like..." trend on Youtube:

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=Deftones+got+me+like

So stange but good that more people can get into them.

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
« Reply #10368 on: January 13, 2022, 07:23:17 AM »
i fuck with deftones. i don't fuck with most nu metal. deftones appealed to the depressed emo wimp i was around the turn of the millenium. i don't like nu metal at all, but there's some gems. i.e. orgy. i will forever back this gay as fuck band.

iKobrakai

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -718
« Reply #10369 on: January 14, 2022, 05:13:47 AM »
Almost forgot:

If The Cure are in shock, you know your cover is the shit:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7BfRTNrQma4

L33Tg33k

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #10370 on: January 14, 2022, 03:58:57 PM »
i fuck with deftones. i don't fuck with most nu metal. deftones appealed to the depressed emo wimp i was around the turn of the millenium. i don't like nu metal at all, but there's some gems. i.e. orgy. i will forever back this gay as fuck band.
Used to love this band. Played Candy Ass a lot a tween.

layzieyez

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1474
  • Illusion Flip
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #10371 on: January 15, 2022, 12:23:01 PM »
I didn't take off stickers on the rubiks cube as a kid. Instead, I disassembled it. I'm still a little bummed I can't solve one either, and I have one that I got new in package from a salvation army in the early 90s.

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
« Reply #10372 on: January 15, 2022, 12:30:53 PM »
this is for all my playaz lost at the thought of solving a cube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KGvQRaK1mvs

realbasedgod112

• Rep: 80
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #10373 on: January 23, 2022, 05:24:19 PM »
7 months ago i took 5 50mg vyvanse pills from my prescription supply (it gets locked in a safe) and i never got found out.
i don't regret it very much.
y’all not fuckin with what i’m fuckin with

L33Tg33k

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #10374 on: January 25, 2022, 06:41:26 PM »
Seriously contemplating paying for OKCupid. Someone stop me.

DaleSr

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1444
« Reply #10375 on: January 25, 2022, 09:57:22 PM »
Don't do it. Don't give these apps your hard earned money!

beatifk

« Reply #10376 on: January 25, 2022, 11:57:43 PM »

What's the worst that could happen? How much is it to try for one month? Do you get locked into a contract?

If it's less than it would cost for one date with a woman, I'd say go for it. If you can't afford it, you probably can't afford a date anyway, so at least it will put it into perspective, and maybe will help you to focus on other things to improve your situation personally and with dating.

Apps are evil, but so are most people. Godspeed to you brother!

Mark Renton

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 288
  • Choose life.
« Reply #10377 on: January 26, 2022, 01:18:50 AM »
I pay for unlimited swipes. Nothing wrong with that L33t. We all spent the same amount of money on worse stuff.

Edit: went back to gnar you @beatifk

Wise words. Go for it L33t!
« Last Edit: January 26, 2022, 09:19:20 AM by Mark Renton »
video tape yourself saving monks. dont just do it. make sure its caught on film.

Filip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -69
« Reply #10378 on: January 27, 2022, 05:52:40 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

What's the worst that could happen? How much is it to try for one month? Do you get locked into a contract?

If it's less than it would cost for one date with a woman, I'd say go for it. If you can't afford it, you probably can't afford a date anyway, so at least it will put it into perspective, and maybe will help you to focus on other things to improve your situation personally and with dating.

Apps are evil, but so are most people. Godspeed to you brother!

I paid for Tinder premium, and thanks to that I saw even before i swiped to the good side, that a cute girl likes me. We are dating now and will be moving in together in a month or two. I say do it, nothing wrong with that.

Freelancevagrant

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1556
« Reply #10379 on: January 27, 2022, 06:47:46 AM »

For the love of god let me and Dale help. We 1000% confident we can do a lot of good
Well I have like 9 Andy Anderson dated flight decks.