Author Topic: real confessions  (Read 1734693 times)

bigbevev

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -14
Re: real confessions
« Reply #10080 on: April 17, 2021, 07:52:17 PM »
Lately, everything seems very bland. I got some energy to skate the other day with some of the loval shop boys, did a trick that felt great but when i saw it i was really sad at how it looked.

On another (but similar) note, I have adhd and though im 26, I still dont know what I want in life. I recently got accepted into a well-paying union, but Ive never been good at working construction, to the point that everybody ive ever worked with thinks that im dumb, which im not. I feel like i have self image issues, and don’t know where to begin. Even now I see my adhd in that I’ve started talking about many things in this post, but never finished any of them in their entirety.  Ive got many tickets, mo health insurance, arthritic hands in my young age, a drug problem, a nasty cigarette habit, and everything just seems insurmountable.

/vent

matty_c

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 459
« Reply #10081 on: April 17, 2021, 08:44:04 PM »
Ahh we were gonna do something this weekend but I been busy but yeah been texting all g
I’m not drinking with her though haha I’m gonna keep it chill
Cheers boys
listen to cosmic psychos

SneakySecrets

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1240
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #10082 on: April 19, 2021, 09:13:10 AM »
I leave old keys that I don’t need anymore on my keychain just so it looks to the outside observer like I have a lot of shit locked up somewhere.
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #10083 on: April 19, 2021, 02:46:07 PM »
I leave old keys that I don’t need anymore on my keychain just so it looks to the outside observer like I have a lot of shit locked up somewhere.
hahaha same!
One of them is the key to my parents place back in Aus and even though they’ve sold it and since moved along, it’s a way to still be connected to that place

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

GardenSkater77

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1035
« Reply #10084 on: April 19, 2021, 03:45:58 PM »

johnes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -237
« Reply #10085 on: April 22, 2021, 07:42:09 AM »
I think I want to get divorced and I hate myself for thinking that.
I’m a fat Siamese cat.

GardenSkater77

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #10086 on: April 22, 2021, 10:58:53 AM »
I think I want to get divorced and I hate myself for thinking that.

I’m so sorry to hear that. Marriage is very important to me but it takes a lot of commitment. I’ve been married going on 18 years this June and I have two wonderful children. I happen to love and like my wife. If you love your wife (which clearly you do) then ask yourself what you don’t like about her. Can the dynamic be changed? You get the idea. Don’t be so hard on yourself or her. She’s your partner. She may be feeling the same way. If I didn’t respect your nose pick game I wouldn’t say anything. Best of luck...

Freelancevagrant

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1555
« Reply #10087 on: April 22, 2021, 11:04:05 AM »
One of my single greatest joys in life is letting my dog in after letting him run outside to go the bathroom. He will go to his water bowl and his tail will slowly wag back and forth while he drinks and it literally means the fucking world to me.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2021, 04:35:28 AM by Freelancevagrant »
Well I have like 9 Andy Anderson dated flight decks.

Sila

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 318
  • Jamu Gost
« Reply #10088 on: April 30, 2021, 07:09:33 PM »
My friend's grandfather may pass away soon and I know she wants to lean on me for support but i'm not really in a place of emotional stability to be that person at the moment. She has a lot of close friends but always seems to seek me out for support and I find it to be a bit suffocating/overwhelming.

fuhkin_powahfood_kid

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1352
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #10089 on: April 30, 2021, 08:40:14 PM »
My friend's grandfather may pass away soon and I know she wants to lean on me for support but i'm not really in a place of emotional stability to be that person at the moment. She has a lot of close friends but always seems to seek me out for support and I find it to be a bit suffocating/overwhelming.

That's a rough spot for you in some ways but good on you for holding a boundary. This dude im kind of friends with, but more of a like minded business associate i've worked with 2 or 3 times a year over the past 6 years, hit me up on Xmas while I was eating with my lady. I ignored the call and he texts me "bro my dad just died." I told him I couldn't talk at the moment but could call him later. I did call the next day but he didn't answer and i haven't heard from him since after reaching out a few times. Its a drag because he is a cool and reliable guy most of the time, but I couldn't support someone at that time
If you plant ice, you’re gonna harvest wind

lazer69

• Rep: -95
« Reply #10090 on: April 30, 2021, 10:36:39 PM »
I need to give on living in LA. Go back to real life

matty_c

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 459
« Reply #10091 on: April 30, 2021, 11:48:51 PM »
You gotta set boundaries everyone wants to help for sure but it’s like on a plane you gotta get your mask on first ay
I reckon everyone struggles with stuff

@Sila @pr1nce @AssMountain you lads on the goldy or what?
I’m in surfers for the next three months for work, I’d be keen to get on the bag with someone or even just go skating
listen to cosmic psychos

Dr-Feelgood

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 37
  • Hello, i love you, won't you tell me your name?
« Reply #10092 on: May 01, 2021, 08:48:40 PM »
One of my single greatest joys in life is letting my dog in after letting him run outside to go the bathroom. He will go to his water bowl and his tail will slowly wag back and forth while he drinks and it literally means the fucking world to me.

one of the best things about a dog/pet, the wholesome innocent joy they bring from doing the simple things

We may not know what skateboarding is
But we sure as hell know what it aint
Wait we know what it is now too -
Falling down and gettin back up

LordManHammer

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -324
  • (0_o) whatever dog you probably suck at it
« Reply #10093 on: May 02, 2021, 03:20:17 PM »
I’m a joke of a human being, everyone around me uses me for whatever they can get and it’s my fault for allowing them in my circle.
Dueces Bitch's

Grind King Rims

« Reply #10094 on: May 03, 2021, 06:47:05 AM »
I’m a joke of a human being, everyone around me uses me for whatever they can get and it’s my fault for allowing them in my circle.

Damn pal, sounds like you're down bad. We all feel stuck some times. I hope you can have a look at the people you know and maybe make a conscious effort to spend less time/energy on certain people and maybe reach out to other people whose company you enjoy and try and make some shifts in who you spend your time with. It's not always easy, especially as you get older, but trust me, it's part of life and you will thank yourself for it.

Might be a time to reach out to someone who you aren't particularly close with, but whose company you always enjoyed. They might reciprocate it and be happy to shake up their own routine.

LordManHammer

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -324
  • (0_o) whatever dog you probably suck at it
« Reply #10095 on: May 03, 2021, 08:24:59 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Word thanks for your insight, I was having a bad night sometimes I just have to verbalize my feeling's.

Damn pal, sounds like you're down bad. We all feel stuck some times. I hope you can have a look at the people you know and maybe make a conscious effort to spend less time/energy on certain people and maybe reach out to other people whose company you enjoy and try and make some shifts in who you spend your time with. It's not always easy, especially as you get older, but trust me, it's part of life and you will thank yourself for it.

Might be a time to reach out to someone who you aren't particularly close with, but whose company you always enjoyed. They might reciprocate it and be happy to shake up their own routine.
Dueces Bitch's

Sifter

• Rep: 46
« Reply #10096 on: May 07, 2021, 06:28:37 PM »
Doctors recently told my old man he's had a massive heart attack within the last couple of years and will be hospitalized in 2 days. I harboured a lot of anger towards him and rarely got along, argued, even put my fists up (he's not a bad man).  Im now 31 and have been caring for him full time for the past couple years.  We really cleared the air and hugged shit out after the recent news and I'm so glad we got to have the moment.

I tried to overdose on 20x panadeine forte pills once. Binge drinking and pingers every weekend for years with only a handful of breaks nearly killed me for sure.  I'm not full sober but I only smoke weed now and drink once in a blue moon at a bday or gig.  A really intense Mushroom trip helped me stop the nonsense

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1888
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #10097 on: May 11, 2021, 07:15:41 PM »
Was interviewing for a new job and made it to the offer stage at a company I was really looking to work for. Good team, challenging work environment, grow sector in the IT industry. Got the offer letter and the pay package was a sizable decrease from my current check, essentially a 20% decrease. It is a sales job with a variable component, so while I understand the dip package, I didn't expect the drop to be as drastic. I replied the email with a counter offer to put me closer to my current package but we will see how that goes. Worst case it's back to spamming out resumes on Linkedin.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

GardenSkater77

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #10098 on: May 11, 2021, 08:07:46 PM »
Was interviewing for a new job and made it to the offer stage at a company I was really looking to work for. Good team, challenging work environment, grow sector in the IT industry. Got the offer letter and the pay package was a sizable decrease from my current check, essentially a 20% decrease. It is a sales job with a variable component, so while I understand the dip package, I didn't expect the drop to be as drastic. I replied the email with a counter offer to put me closer to my current package but we will see how that goes. Worst case it's back to spamming out resumes on Linkedin.

I’ve been in sales 20 years in many different industries. If you want to explain more about what you are being offered I can probably tell you the pitfalls of the offer.

Also, do you know why the position is open? Most important question in a sales interview. Let me know and I can give you my seasoned opinion.

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1888
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #10099 on: May 14, 2021, 06:13:38 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I’ve been in sales 20 years in many different industries. If you want to explain more about what you are being offered I can probably tell you the pitfalls of the offer.

Also, do you know why the position is open? Most important question in a sales interview. Let me know and I can give you my seasoned opinion.

I wanted to come back to this and say I landed the job with a pay package very close to my expectations. Big thanks to @GardenSkater77 for sharing his wisdom and experience.

Shalom.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

SneakySecrets

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1240
« Reply #10100 on: May 15, 2021, 08:33:09 AM »
I’ve always been too intimidated by chess to ever seriously learn how to play it.  I know what some of the pieces do (ex. the horseys move in L’s) but the cost/reward of the mental exhaustion required to go from chess moron to actually beating someone just doesn’t seem worth it.
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

johnes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -237
« Reply #10101 on: May 15, 2021, 11:25:57 AM »
I’ve always been too intimidated by chess to ever seriously learn how to play it.  I know what some of the pieces do (ex. the horseys move in L’s) but the cost/reward of the mental exhaustion required to go from chess moron to actually beating someone just doesn’t seem worth it.
You could download a chess app and play on an easy setting to learn. I personally have never found chess to be mentally exhausting.
I used to go play with my cousin, bring some beer and just hang out and play a few games. It’s probably beneficial for your brain to learn new things like playing chess.
Unless maybe you feel like losing would make you feel bad mentally?
I recently learned to play sudoku, but I still play on easy mode, I’ve done medium a couple times but it’s still fun and challenging on easy.
I’m a fat Siamese cat.

straight

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 979
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #10102 on: June 02, 2021, 09:20:37 PM »

get the chess.com app and play speed chess .. you’ll pick it up very quickly and learn how quick checkmate moves by having other people do it to you .. then, after the game you can fill the board and view it from their side and follow their moves from start to finish .. it’s pretty fun to checkmate people quickly
What kind of mikey taylor logic is this?

JB

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 858
  • Rusty Berrings Roll Forever
« Reply #10103 on: June 03, 2021, 10:52:05 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

get the chess.com app and play speed chess .. you’ll pick it up very quickly and learn how quick checkmate moves by having other people do it to you .. then, after the game you can fill the board and view it from their side and follow their moves from start to finish .. it’s pretty fun to checkmate people quickly

I tried learning. I know the moves, but I don't have the patience to learn how to be good at it.

Learning chess just taught me that I like games like uno and monopoly more. Bonehead games like that.

blurst_of_times

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 794
    • Skateboarding Magazine Scans avatar image
« Reply #10104 on: June 03, 2021, 09:49:22 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

I tried learning. I know the moves, but I don't have the patience to learn how to be good at it.

Learning chess just taught me that I like games like uno and monopoly more. Bonehead games like that.
Uno is the shit
There was no wire. Clark's planet needed him.
 Note: Clark Hassler died on the way back to his home planet.

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1429
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #10105 on: June 04, 2021, 07:33:34 AM »
i love the new blair ep and i always have to cry when the part with these lyrics in by the c come on because they hit me very hard somehow:

I roll the dice for every choice
Roll with me, walk with me, everything's hard for me
I bite my tongue I hate my voice
hard to speak, hard to breath, when I bleed constantly
gotta call my mom hope shes good
hi mommy, I'm sorry, I'd like to speak eventually
take a step back could have been me who died last week

especially the last line when the whole part escalates in in "aaaaahhhhhhhs" on "whooooooooos" from everyone in the back. i don't know what it is, but it's crushing me down everytime. i miss my bros and friends from way back and i hope my mom is ok because i haven't been able to reach her for a week :(

DaleSr

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1443
« Reply #10106 on: June 09, 2021, 08:51:33 PM »
i love the new blair ep and i always have to cry when the part with these lyrics in by the c come on because they hit me very hard somehow:

especially the last line when the whole part escalates in in "aaaaahhhhhhhs" on "whooooooooos" from everyone in the back. i don't know what it is, but it's crushing me down everytime. i miss my bros and friends from way back and i hope my mom is ok because i haven't been able to reach her for a week :(

Dude that sucks, is she normally hard to get a hold of?

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1429
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #10107 on: June 10, 2021, 12:28:22 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

yeah man, i've talked to her since, but sometimes it takes a week or so. my parents are both old as hell. they haven't kept up with the times and have serious trouble operating smartphones. my mom literally gets freaked out by hers and then just keeps it in a corner. we managed to do a whats app video call once but that required a few regular calls beforehand to set it up. i know there is nothing to setup basically but what i mean i had to tell them what symbols to push and which buttons to drag and stuff.

Grind King Rims

« Reply #10108 on: June 13, 2021, 07:30:32 AM »
Sucks relapsing. Self conviction so strong. Feel so muddy, more than Bam

Just gotta start again pal. Sometimes in happens. Day by day, you'll get back up again.

DaleSr

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1443
« Reply #10109 on: June 14, 2021, 12:04:06 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

yeah man, i've talked to her since, but sometimes it takes a week or so. my parents are both old as hell. they haven't kept up with the times and have serious trouble operating smartphones. my mom literally gets freaked out by hers and then just keeps it in a corner. we managed to do a whats app video call once but that required a few regular calls beforehand to set it up. i know there is nothing to setup basically but what i mean i had to tell them what symbols to push and which buttons to drag and stuff.

Well I'm glad you got a hold of her and confirmed she's ok.

Sucks relapsing. Self conviction so strong. Feel so muddy, more than Bam

As long as you get back up and keep going forward. Don't let the shame keep you away from recovery