Author Topic: real confessions  (Read 1734732 times)

Coastal Fever

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 495
Re: real confessions
« Reply #10440 on: March 09, 2022, 11:11:34 AM »
I had to go up like 25ft in a tiny wobbly ass scissor lift at work today, and now I’m scared of heights and wanna tell my boss to get someone else to do it.

beatifk

• Rep: 162
« Reply #10441 on: March 09, 2022, 01:03:07 PM »
I had to go up like 25ft in a tiny wobbly ass scissor lift at work today, and now I’m scared of heights and wanna tell my boss to get someone else to do it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EclM2Kf45zg

Sativa Lung

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 872
« Reply #10442 on: March 09, 2022, 08:52:15 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Every time I see or hear Dick Rizzo mentioned I mentally say it with a jerky boys voice.

beatifk

« Reply #10443 on: March 10, 2022, 04:42:29 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Every time I see or hear Dick Rizzo mentioned I mentally say it with a jerky boys voice.

R-I-Z-...-Z-O

sizzlechest.

Sharp-o

• Rep: -6
  • WAH! Haippia spotille!
« Reply #10444 on: March 10, 2022, 02:14:51 PM »
I read this thread from the start over an over again to feel better about my self

silhouette

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1568
« Reply #10445 on: March 10, 2022, 10:26:42 PM »
I used to work on a small farm. Every Friday we'd slaughter. I'd be in the back shed emptying out the contents of stomachs and wrestling organs/hides into barrels. Smelled like fucking shit. The slaughter of pigs haunted me for years. I feel like pigs get a bad rap, they're smart animals, as smart as dogs. Shit wore on me. so I stopped eating pork, then all meat, followed by all animal products, I can't look at hotdogs without thinking about a scared squalling pig in the kill pen about to get the captive bolt rifle.

Obviously miss the taste meat, Popeyes most of all. Vegan food is kinda disappointing most of the time. Can't bring myself to eat meat though, shit's been ruined forever.

My friend also went vegan after working not on a farm, but at a ham factory for a bit - he wasn't exposed to live animal cruelty that I know of, but apparently just the conditions in which the dead meat gets processed past that stage are absolutely disgusting. They just mash bits of random corpses into those pristine-looking slices, which sadly makes complete sense when you think about the product, but some people need that mental image; then there are dyeing processes and general funny business for even more 'enticing' presentation. The disrespect on all fronts just doesn't end.

doublesteveburger

« Reply #10446 on: March 11, 2022, 06:28:09 AM »
makes sense, we're all eating the worst shit on a day to day basis

this last new year party i went to i met a dude who works at OSHA and this glorified snitch basically confirmed that everything gets swept under the rug when it comes down to making a profit

asked him how bad it can get and he said, 'you don't wanna know' but i did and this fucker still didn't tell me

beatifk

« Reply #10447 on: March 11, 2022, 07:06:39 AM »
Just read The Jungle.

And that was 100 years ago.

I'm sure whatever shit they're doing now is much much worse.

Soylent Green takes place in 2022 after all.

iKobrakai

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -718
« Reply #10448 on: March 11, 2022, 07:22:24 AM »
I read this thread from the start over an over again to feel better about my self

Post a confession, bro.

PuffinMuffin

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1417
« Reply #10449 on: March 12, 2022, 01:10:30 PM »
I spent over 600 dollars on trucks last year.
i’m 80% skateboarder 20% atlantic puffin enthusiast

iKobrakai

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #10450 on: March 13, 2022, 08:15:59 AM »

If Ford Raptor: good.

If Tensor: bad.

PuffinMuffin

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #10451 on: March 13, 2022, 09:23:23 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Half was Tensor.  :(

doublesteveburger

« Reply #10452 on: March 13, 2022, 09:29:10 AM »
puffin’s 80% hoarder 20% skateboarder

PuffinMuffin

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #10453 on: March 13, 2022, 09:38:12 AM »
puffin’s 80% hoarder 20% skateboarder

Hahahaha, I actually give everything I don't like away. My husband gets pissed when gear starts to pile up in our tiny apartment. "Why do you need five pairs of trucks" "why am I tripping over boards" stuff like that.

Edit: I should add, I only have two pairs of trucks right now, Thunders and Krux K4s. I literally can't give away the Krux for free. No one wants them.

silhouette

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #10454 on: March 13, 2022, 10:16:56 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

That's pretty wild. Why would one pay 300 bucks to not turn?

PuffinMuffin

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #10455 on: March 13, 2022, 10:59:42 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

The ATGs turn, they're like a cross between an Indy and a Thunder. Unfortunately, the axles bend.

L33Tg33k

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 701
  • F.A.P. - Forever Alone Party
« Reply #10456 on: March 13, 2022, 02:10:32 PM »
An attractive waiter at a restaurant told me I have pretty eyes. Without a smile (couldn't muster it) I said thank you and then averted my eyes from her rest of my meal. It felt especially awkward because I was alone. Smooth criminal.
Before you say the music sucked, have you considered shutting the fuck up?

Sharp-o

• Rep: -6
  • WAH! Haippia spotille!
« Reply #10457 on: March 13, 2022, 03:23:10 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Post a confession, bro.
-Cheated on my girl and i could not be happier. That got me away from that relationship. Im much happier when i can be free.

I pretty boring othervise I dont think anybody wants to hear a another story about not getting sleep without drinking.

silhouette

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #10458 on: March 13, 2022, 08:55:15 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

The ATGs turn, they're like a cross between an Indy and a Thunder. Unfortunately, the axles bend.

That's actually good to know, I was mostly joking because I remember back when Tensor trucks first came out and still were a curiosity, I actually bought a pair then so did a lot of my friends, to try them out. The general consensus turned into this private joke as even the most enthusiastic of us realized that on those models, no matter how much you loosened them, you would indeed get more and more flex but still zero turning, because of the geometry - felt like you were locked onto train tracks. I assume exactly that happened to an entire generation worldwide at once really, and that's how the stigma stuck. I never skated Tensors ever since, but that was nearly two decades ago and so I wouldn't doubt they improved on the formula in the meantime. Maybe you shouldn't listen to me though as I really always felt the same about Thunders even though so many people on here praise them, the pair I had just wouldn't turn enough to my liking (in terms of radius) even when loosened to the max and I could never skate those; ended up just giving them away after three (ruined) sessions tops.

iKobrakai

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #10459 on: March 14, 2022, 03:40:39 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

It's like they're trying to make the worst garbage possible...

PuffinMuffin

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #10460 on: March 14, 2022, 09:18:07 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

That's actually good to know, I was mostly joking because I remember back when Tensor trucks first came out and still were a curiosity, I actually bought a pair then so did a lot of my friends, to try them out. The general consensus turned into this private joke as even the most enthusiastic of us realized that on those models, no matter how much you loosened them, you would indeed get more and more flex but still zero turning, because of the geometry - felt like you were locked onto train tracks. I assume exactly that happened to an entire generation worldwide at once really, and that's how the stigma stuck. I never skated Tensors ever since, but that was nearly two decades ago and so I wouldn't doubt they improved on the formula in the meantime. Maybe you shouldn't listen to me though as I really always felt the same about Thunders even though so many people on here praise them, the pair I had just wouldn't turn enough to my liking (in terms of radius) even when loosened to the max and I could never skate those; ended up just giving them away after three (ruined) sessions tops.

Hahaha, your story is really relatable, I made the misfortune of spending 70 dollars on a pair of maglite Tensor "AGTs" from a local shop. The shop owner swore they were the ATGs, they, were not, they were Tensor's old geometry. Slapped them bad boys on my board, and went out for a quick skate around the neighborhood. Kept eating shit repeatedly. Trucks did not turn one bit, just went straight to wheel bite. It wasn't like Thunder wheelbite that you can ride out of. They would fling you off abruptly. Ended up giving them to a ~10-year-old girl at the skatepark who asked me how to ollie. In retrospect she was probably better off with her Tony Hawk Walmart trucks. 

They have a lifetime warranty though, I shipped my old bent ones in. Anyday a box of new shiny trucks is going to show up on my door. They're just taking their sweet old time, it's only been a year now. 

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 854
« Reply #10461 on: March 14, 2022, 09:49:01 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Hahaha, your story is really relatable, I made the misfortune of spending 70 dollars on a pair of maglite Tensor "AGTs" from a local shop. The shop owner swore they were the ATGs, they, were not, they were Tensor's old geometry. Slapped them bad boys on my board, and went out for a quick skate around the neighborhood. Kept eating shit repeatedly. Trucks did not turn one bit, just went straight to wheel bite. It wasn't like Thunder wheelbite that you can ride out of. They would fling you off abruptly. Ended up giving them to a ~10-year-old girl at the skatepark who asked me how to ollie. In retrospect she was probably better off with her Tony Hawk Walmart trucks. 

Expand Quote
[close]

They have a lifetime warranty though, I shipped my old bent ones in. Anyday a box of new shiny trucks is going to show up on my door. They're just taking their sweet old time, it's only been a year now.
Also got the og tensors and my first good setup. I was actually going to get ventures but when I went to the shop the guy was literally opening the box with tensors and was like you can have these for way cheaper. So I ended up with the tensors lows like 7.5 with 59mm wheels and an 8.25 board. I didn't know any better so I learnt on that (altho I had a Kmart board for a while before that) it was like some Mr miyagi turning training since then I've never not been able to turn on any trucks. Dumb thing is after acouple months I knew the tensors weren't cool and got ventures but I'd break ventures constantly and seriously for the next 8 years would often find myself riding the tensors. Kind of wish I still had them to see if I could tell the difference with turning now

Mark Renton

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 288
  • Choose life.
« Reply #10462 on: March 14, 2022, 12:33:29 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Post a confession, bro.
[close]
-Cheated on my girl and i could not be happier. That got me away from that relationship. Im much happier when i can be free.

Bhahah lil man lurks to feel better then gets #1 spot for shittiest thing to do in a thread that includes a dude having a designated cum box.

It’s all good but made me laugh hard.
video tape yourself saving monks. dont just do it. make sure its caught on film.

Dwyck

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 150
  • Harley-Davidson Ironwing
« Reply #10463 on: March 16, 2022, 06:25:45 PM »
Have had only one drink in the last five weeks. thanks for kind words guys. head feels clearer
Regular stance is a mental disorder defined by the DSM-5

Easy Slider

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 692
« Reply #10464 on: March 16, 2022, 11:31:39 PM »
Have had only one drink in the last five weeks. thanks for kind words guys. head feels clearer

That‘s not a confession, that‘s an achievement. Do you plan on staying sober?
why come?

Life is too short to be angry at the Shrimp Blunt intro

silhouette

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #10465 on: March 17, 2022, 04:27:55 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
Also got the og tensors and my first good setup. I was actually going to get ventures but when I went to the shop the guy was literally opening the box with tensors and was like you can have these for way cheaper. So I ended up with the tensors lows like 7.5 with 59mm wheels and an 8.25 board. I didn't know any better so I learnt on that (altho I had a Kmart board for a while before that) it was like some Mr miyagi turning training since then I've never not been able to turn on any trucks. Dumb thing is after acouple months I knew the tensors weren't cool and got ventures but I'd break ventures constantly and seriously for the next 8 years would often find myself riding the tensors. Kind of wish I still had them to see if I could tell the difference with turning now

I guess this kind of qualifies as a real confession but you know what the worst stuff I was ever stuck with was truck-wise, freaking Gullwings, back in 2000 or so for some reason in my country Decathlon (sporting goods chain store) was carrying a lot of U.S. skate products for cheap as if the main distribution company here had found an outlet for rejects and gear with defects, I remember being 13 or 14 in one of those stores looking at the skate aisle and they had a full rack of Gullwings for like 2 bucks a truck, as a little kid the price to value ratio seemed incredible and so I instantly bought like 10. I remember they felt sort of alright except none of them ever held up for more than a couple of sessions (and ironically the local spot we were always skating at the time was rough as fuck, that probably didn't help). What I thought was going to be my next three years worth of trucks I ended up burning through in a month.

That Decathlon store also had Girl decks with warped tails, Powell decks with absolutely zero concave (completely flat ones), and a bunch of Monkey Stix boards that must have been like size 7.0, all coming with griptape each and every ollie would eventually sand all the grain off of. Also, Royal trucks with kingpins so long you would actually hang up on grinds (and possibly destroy a ledge or two) for your first two weeks of skating them. No skateshop in the vicinity whatsoever at the time so we used to skate a lot of horrible stuff.

Dwyck

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 150
  • Harley-Davidson Ironwing
« Reply #10466 on: March 17, 2022, 12:03:00 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Yeah... Do not plan to get drunk ever again. Trying to detach drinking from relaxing/socializing/decompressing/dealing w emotions. Shift my attitude, I guess. Be more present for myself and for my loved ones, radiate kindness, all that jazz. Baby steps though, alcohol's the only thing I'm abstaining from right now

I'm in group and individual therapy right now and they're doing good for me

Kinda getting into God right now lol. (that's my confession)
Regular stance is a mental disorder defined by the DSM-5

Easy Slider

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #10467 on: March 17, 2022, 12:58:28 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Yeah... Do not plan to get drunk ever again. Trying to detach drinking from relaxing/socializing/decompressing/dealing w emotions. Shift my attitude, I guess. Be more present for myself and for my loved ones, radiate kindness, all that jazz. Baby steps though, alcohol's the only thing I'm abstaining from right now

Great. This sounds very promising.

God helped me overcome many bad habits. To be honest I never thought I could quit drinking, smoking, and a few other things, but He made it possible.
why come?

L33Tg33k

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 701
  • F.A.P. - Forever Alone Party
« Reply #10468 on: March 17, 2022, 10:53:06 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

God helped me overcome many bad habits. To be honest I never thought I could quit drinking, smoking, and a few other things, but He made it possible.
Damn, I used to think you guys were cool.

Just kidding. Do what you gotta do.
Before you say the music sucked, have you considered shutting the fuck up?

Easy Slider

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #10469 on: March 17, 2022, 11:47:19 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]
Damn, I used to think you guys were cool.

Just kidding. Do what you gotta do.

Have a gnar  ;)
why come?