Author Topic: Designing your own shoe  (Read 43934 times)

Julz

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -6
Re: Designing your own shoe
« Reply #120 on: December 02, 2015, 07:27:55 PM »
Os ous sao legais !!! Claro que compraria se estivessem reais!

fulfillthedream

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 352
« Reply #121 on: December 02, 2015, 11:14:24 PM »
Skatan stoked to hear that OUS has hit you back! Keep us updated!
Skateboarding is like jacking-off, it's that good- Jeremy Klein

[

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 712
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #122 on: December 02, 2015, 11:18:29 PM »
You're acting like you deserve something from these people and companies for doodling.

Why you say that? I'm not acting like nothing... I'm just a kid that loves shoes and loves to draw/create them. I just like to have feedback on the work from the people i send it because i spend my free time (i dont have that many) on this and i try to improve it with what they say back to me. If anything bigger comes from its a plus but i know how hard it is to that happen.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2015, 11:23:14 PM by Sk.A.T.A.N »

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #123 on: December 02, 2015, 11:29:01 PM »
really thank you Frosty, Silky, Fulfill, Julz! Apreciate your kind words.  ;) (Julz, you're brazilian or you just went to the translator?! haha) 

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

Such

« Reply #124 on: December 03, 2015, 03:47:26 AM »
I didnt posted my last drawings here. Been drawing OUS exclusivelly, trying to catch their attention. They sent a mail to me, interested in my work, asking for some more drawings to see all my stuff. I'm wainting for a response to see if the things work out. 

This is my last one and best one i think. Loved how the color worked. I tagged the OUS owner on instagram and he really liked it. Fingers crossed.

(sorry for the huge pics)

last one is actually really good. well thought out.

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #125 on: December 03, 2015, 05:49:30 AM »
I've said that on your Instagram, but the last one really reminds me of Orelh�o style payphones. Literally "big ear". Especially because of the TELESP colors and the token-like design in the shoe's tongue:

I know it's not what you had in mind, but the whole design really brought me back. TELESP, S�o Paulo state's telephone company, was eventually privatized and there are way fewer public phones like that around. It's still an iconic Brazilian design, hence why I thought you were appealing to that when designing this model. The slip on is amazing, too.

Oh, never thought that was you! You dont have any picture related with skating... It's a nice coincidence, i could really emphasize that if someday (somehow) it goes to production! It goes well with the OUS mentality too. Thanks for the tip!  ;)

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #126 on: December 03, 2015, 05:52:27 AM »

last one is actually really good. well thought out.

Thanks such! Appreciate it!

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

InternetDaddy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 42
  • sup breh
« Reply #127 on: December 03, 2015, 08:15:49 AM »
damn Sk.A.T.A.N., I really like those too. The thought you put into them is impressive, hopefully something comes of this for you! I really really like the slip on with the pull cord tightening system. I would absolutely wear that.
Look I'm not selling anything that doesn't have my jizz on it. I don't care how much is offered.

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #128 on: December 03, 2015, 03:51:58 PM »
damn Sk.A.T.A.N., I really like those too. The thought you put into them is impressive, hopefully something comes of this for you! I really really like the slip on with the pull cord tightening system. I would absolutely wear that.

Thanks Daddy! If something works out it would be a dream come true. Till there i'll keep dreaming... haha
People are really digging the slip-ons! I saw some hiking boots at a sport store and they had a pull cord system in the front, so that was were the idea came out... Maybe i'll draw a remastered version with color like those last ones (when i got some free time)! ;)

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

Madam, I'm Adam

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1383
« Reply #129 on: December 03, 2015, 08:57:21 PM »
Wish I could draw like you, SKATAN. I'm terrible at drawing but have lots of ideas for a shoe. Your designs look pretty good, I wonder if Lakai is going to step in the athletic-shoe aesthetic. Hope things work out with OUS, also Filament might seriously take interest in your stuff.  Tim Gavin said himself he didn't like the designs of the first run of shoes, and he values other skateboarders' ideas, and they could well benefit from your input, so...

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #130 on: December 04, 2015, 01:07:38 AM »
Wish I could draw like you, SKATAN. I'm terrible at drawing but have lots of ideas for a shoe. Your designs look pretty good, I wonder if Lakai is going to step in the athletic-shoe aesthetic. Hope things work out with OUS, also Filament might seriously take interest in your stuff.  Tim Gavin said himself he didn't like the designs of the first run of shoes, and he values other skateboarders' ideas, and they could well benefit from your input, so...

Thanks man! I dont hate the first run of filament, i just thought they looked kinda cheap... Same sole for everything and that one with the zigzag rubber thing looks awful imho. The new ones look clean, but a bit lazy, they bring nothing new to the table, all remeniscent of something else. The one i really like is the moose pro, i nice low/mid cupsole. But for now i'm more focused on OUS, i really dig their shoe program and concept. All shoes are made in brazil and use lots of renewable materials, and they are getting bigger day by day!

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

Julz

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -6
« Reply #131 on: December 05, 2015, 07:41:45 AM »
really thank you Frosty, Silky, Fulfill, Julz! Apreciate your kind words.  ;) (Julz, you're brazilian or you just went to the translator?! haha) 

I'm a Canadian doing an student exchange in Rio, that's why my Portuguese is sloppy haha !

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #132 on: December 22, 2015, 05:28:56 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I'm a Canadian doing an student exchange in Rio, that's why my Portuguese is sloppy haha !

Must be a crazy experience being you from such a different country! Glad you're making a effort to learn the Camoes language... haha

New ones i made, hope you guys dig'em! ->

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

busted-knee

• Rep: -12
« Reply #133 on: December 22, 2015, 11:03:06 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Must be a crazy experience being you from such a different country! Glad you're making a effort to learn the Camoes language... haha

New ones i made, hope you guys dig'em! ->

These look great. I'm really hoping somebody picks you up as your designs look better than a lot of the crap out there. Good luck and keep posting!

Hercules Rockefeller

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -13
  • i`m a double-bacon-genius-burger.
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #134 on: December 22, 2015, 12:03:58 PM »
really diggin that last one! kinda reminds me of a supra ellington/cuba mix. in a good way.

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #135 on: December 22, 2015, 01:09:02 PM »
Thanks a lot guys!! I didnt thought about the cuban till i was about the middle of this drawing... Funny, maybe my mind was getting me there, since i really like that model. The back half was more inspired in the presto, one of my all time favourites. And that inner tongue thing from the gel Lyte 3. I love using runner influences in my shoes.

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #136 on: December 23, 2015, 06:47:23 PM »
Rafael Narciso, owner and leader of the design section at OUS sent me a DM on instagram saying they will work with me the next time to develop/produce a sample, that could result in a final product to hit the streets!
SOOO!
FUCKING!
STOKEEEEED!

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 159
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #137 on: December 23, 2015, 08:06:37 PM »
Fuck yes! Good job Sk.A.T.A.N

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #138 on: December 24, 2015, 05:01:52 AM »
Fuck yes! Good job Sk.A.T.A.N

Thanks GISM! Christmas came earlier this year!!  ;D

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

InternetDaddy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 42
  • sup breh
« Reply #139 on: December 24, 2015, 07:51:57 AM »
Rafael Narciso, owner and leader of the design section at OUS sent me a DM on instagram saying they will work with me the next time to develop/produce a sample, that could result in a final product to hit the streets!
SOOO!
FUCKING!
STOKEEEEED!

that's fucking awesome dude! Keep us posted, if they're available in the states/online I'll buy a pair.
Look I'm not selling anything that doesn't have my jizz on it. I don't care how much is offered.

fulfillthedream

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 352
« Reply #140 on: December 24, 2015, 08:30:26 AM »
fuck yeah Skatan! if and when they come into production i'll gladly buy what you've created!
Skateboarding is like jacking-off, it's that good- Jeremy Klein

[

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #141 on: December 24, 2015, 11:32:56 AM »
Thanks guys! I appreciate it so much. I hope this works out!  ;)
I read that OUS is opening a webstore for US and Euro orders soon. They are making some moves out of Brazil, its time too expand the business!

They are sponsoring Rob Gonzales for a while now so they done a collab with BLVD...

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

Such

« Reply #142 on: December 24, 2015, 05:40:27 PM »
SOOO!
FUCKING!
STOKEEEEED!

dude
yooooooooo

so stoked for you good job. promise me you wont make something generic though.

MYXGAMES2015

« Reply #143 on: December 25, 2015, 07:43:01 AM »
That heel holder draw string thing is a great idea. Doesn't look bad either.

I'd stick with just laces on the front though. Seems like you're just gonna have to put laces in after you do a few heelflips with that on the front anyways.

sleepypancakes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 230
  • Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #144 on: December 25, 2015, 08:43:48 AM »
Thanks guys! I appreciate it so much. I hope this works out!  ;)
I read that OUS is opening a webstore for US and Euro orders soon. They are making some moves out of Brazil, its time too expand the business!

They are sponsoring Rob Gonzales for a while now so they done a collab with BLVD...
Congratulations Miguel (right?)! I can't wait for that US webstore to open up, I love Ous' designs.

Jake

• Rep: -33
« Reply #145 on: December 25, 2015, 09:41:45 AM »
S.K.A.T.A.N. wanted to leave you a message, you have an absurd talent for designing shoes. The creativity of the designs, and the strength of your art, which helps to bring them to life. Wow I'm blown away, stoked to see your future work with OUS. Hope you get picked up and payed even more in the future, because the shoe industry has become so stale with their designs, and you're doing something special!

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #146 on: December 25, 2015, 10:13:32 AM »
Expand Quote
SOOO!
FUCKING!
STOKEEEEED!

[close]

dude
yooooooooo

It's not job yet! Ahah
My main goal is to do a clean, funcional design, that actually brings something new to the table. But i need to work with their requests/expecifications, they wont give me free space i guess...

MYXGAMES2015: I tried to make the laces on top to avoid that and that green thing is supposed to be some rubber to stop the griptape to hit the laces and that air vent thing. I dont know how well that would work tho. Laces could be always an option...

Sleepypancakes: i want to get my hands on a pair soon too! How do you know my name?! ;D

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #147 on: December 25, 2015, 10:15:38 AM »
S.K.A.T.A.N. wanted to leave you a message, you have an absurd talent for designing shoes. The creativity of the designs, and the strength of your art, which helps to bring them to life. Wow I'm blown away, stoked to see your future work with OUS. Hope you get picked up and payed even more in the future, because the shoe industry has become so stale with their designs, and you're doing something special!

Damn jake! Thanks for those words! Really leaves me stoked having feedback like this! Blown away with your support guys. Thanks!

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

sleepypancakes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 230
  • Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #148 on: December 25, 2015, 01:28:52 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
SOOO!
FUCKING!
STOKEEEEED!

[close]

dude
yooooooooo

[close]

It's not job yet! Ahah
My main goal is to do a clean, funcional design, that actually brings something new to the table. But i need to work with their requests/expecifications, they wont give me free space i guess...

MYXGAMES2015: I tried to make the laces on top to avoid that and that green thing is supposed to be some rubber to stop the griptape to hit the laces and that air vent thing. I dont know how well that would work tho. Laces could be always an option...

Sleepypancakes: i want to get my hands on a pair soon too! How do you know my name?! ;D

Well, you signed your name.

DCLOVE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -496
« Reply #149 on: December 25, 2015, 01:49:08 PM »
SOOO!
FUCKING!
STOKEEEEED!

Please get those slip ons made. They look so sick! Great to see innovative ideas in skate shoes. Keep up the great work man!
PINE 2009, 2010, 2011, 2020, PINE STILL MAKIN' MONEY.